[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just bought Bloodborne today on PS4. I'm a total noob
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 10
File: gonnarage?.png (409 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
gonnarage?.png
409 KB, 600x300
Just bought Bloodborne today on PS4.

I'm a total noob with no expierence whatso-ever in the soul games.

What am I in for ?

PS - I rage super fast
>>
File: got spoiler.jpg (16 KB, 250x370) Image search: [Google]
got spoiler.jpg
16 KB, 250x370
Also - You may give me tips and hints that might be helpfull on the way.
>>
vitality is the most important stat to level
>>
Gherman is the final boss
>>
>>339267878

Thank you don't really care about spoilers if I'm honest.
>>
>PS - I rage super fast
You might never even get to the first boss
>>
File: threemarjija.jpg (111 KB, 579x960) Image search: [Google]
threemarjija.jpg
111 KB, 579x960
>>339267816

Really or you fucking with me ?
>>
>PS - I rage super fast
Don't.
>>
File: moon presence intro.webm (3 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
moon presence intro.webm
3 MB, 720x404
>>339267930
He's wrong anyway
>>
I rage fast I know.

rage on fifa - rage on hearstone - rage on battlefield ...

Maybe this not the right game for me ? But the soul games look so fun.
>>
>>339268043
Really. Vit increases your health, which is super helpful.

Endurance increases your stamina, but honestly base stamina is fine. Only put points into this if you really feel like you need more.

Strength and Skill allow you to wield certain weapons and increase your damage with weapons that require them. You should pick one of these to level based on which weapon you like.

Bloodtinge and Arcane are secondary stats, you should pick just one of these to put points into, but keep it a lower priority. I recommend Arcane for maximum fun.
>>
>>339268090

Just turn it off and try tomorrow ?
>>
>>339268275

Allright thank you.

I'm gonna try and beat the game on my own without looking up any guides and shit like that just trying to figure it out on my own ...

Appreciate it !
>>
dont pick the cane as your starting weapon
get the axe or the cleaver
the cane only becomes good late game
>>
>>339268513

Copy that rogue leader ... I heared its the easiest of the souls borne and its on sale on playstation store so I guess why the fuck not ...
>>
File: pthumerian descendant death.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
pthumerian descendant death.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>339268738
>I heared its the easiest of the souls borne
It's not really the easiest or hardest, most people who claim its the easiest played Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, or Dark Souls II first. A lot of Dark Souls players bitch about the fact that you actually have to buy healing items and that they don't just auto-refill at bonfires.
>>
>>339268738
2bh it's the hardest
/v/ just likes to call it casual because it's not on PC
>>
>>339268738
I'd say easiest would go to DaS3 actually, that probably would have been a better place to start if you're so inclined to rage easily. From what I've seen of BB (although mind you haven't played it), it just looks different, not exactly easier or harder. Looks pretty equal to original DaS.
>>
>>339268169
Fifa makes my blood boil. I play Bloodborne to relax. It's nice. Once you get the hang of it then it's easy.

By the way, what's the best weapon? I've done my first 1.5 plays with the hunters axe.
>>
>>339267685
>rage super fast
What the fuck's wrong with you? It's a game. Get over yourself and accept that defeat happens.
>>
>>339267685
Gascoigne and BSB are the hardest bosses in the game so don't get discouraged if you get your ass kicked.
>>
>>339269873
There is no "best" weapon.

Beast Cutter is the coolest though.
>>
>>339269191
It's only the hardest if you count DLC bosses. Main game is easier than DS1-3.
>>
>>339267685
>What am I in for ?
great fps
>>
>>339269873
>By the way, what's the best weapon?
saw spear
>>
>>339270048
BSB is one if the easiest if you summon the npc. I made that mistake and killed it first time.
>>
>>339269152
I like the game, but that's just a poor system, farming heal items isn't fun and buying them after you lose souls is impossible. Dark souls healing system was perfect
>>
>>339269570
All these people saying DaS3 is the easiest souls game and I thought 2 was a breeze. I'm getting my ass kicked on 3. I'm also a faith/strength build and I'm fairly sure they nerfed faith spells hard
>>
>>339270195
chalices also exist
and they're harder than anything from the souls games
>>
>>339270329
You what? DaS2 is generally considered the hardest because it throws so many auto-aggro groups at you and shit, for a game series that at core excels only in 1v1 engagements and gets clunky and unmanageable with too many enemies. Sure you didn't just overlevel on DaS2?

As for 3, well the bosses are cakewalks with tiny health bars (at least relative to the potential damage you can do at each boss) and the enemies can get tricky, but again with a decent amount of the weapons your damage output can trivialise them too.
>>
>>339268169
You won't get mad easily because you expect it to get you mad

The most maddening of mad is when you get mad during times you don't expect or want to get mad
>>
>>339270264
It's only really an issue in the beginning, otherwise you're leveling up too much instead of buying vials when you've got extra echoes.
>>
The only times souls-type games frustrate me is when I permanently lose souls, blood echoes, etc. by dying a second time. I can spend hours in one area, or retry a boss forever, but losing that shit angers my soul.
>>
>>339270646
Idk man I'm already level 100 and struggling with champion gundyr. I'm gonna reborn myself with Rosaria and get rid of a lot of my faith stuff
>>
>>339268275
>blt and arc
>secondary

They are primary weapon stats just like str and skill.
>>
>>339267685
>I'm a total noob with no expierence whatso-ever in the soul games.
>buys Bloodborne

Why?
>>
>>339271506
Jesus christ dude, what's your Vit/End/Str? What main weapon are you using? I finished with my first character at like SL91 and really struggled because it was a blind Dex run, and I'd missed the drops of all the great Dex weapons. On my Str run I've found my damage to be insane, at like SL68 I think and I'm already up to Lothric Castle.
>>
File: cainhurst.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
cainhurst.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>339271605
Because it's not a sequel to anything and has the most unique setting and atmosphere in the series?
>>
>>339271605
Why not? BB was really fun and now I'm going through Demon's Souls, a bit slow but it's basically the same shit. I still have no idea what I'm doing with stat allocation.
>>
>>339271605
Why not? It's as good a place to start as any, especially with a new world and story different from the Souls games.
>>
>>339268392
Post results
>>
Who /charredhunterset/ here? Goddamn I love that shabby look. It's a shame there's no big shabby bent up top hat to go with it. Gascoigne's hat fits well enough with it, though.
>>
>>339271725
Well I didn't level vit at all until I got to Pontiff sulyvahn but after him it seems like I hit a wall where I have to level to keep going. Before that though I was doing fine I just got better at each boss. Same for endurance. Str was like 30 at sulyvahn I think
>>
>>339271725
Also was using a lightning infused broadsword for most of the game haha
>>
>>339272114
So, what are them stats? And your weapon/shield loadout..?
>>
BB newfig here. I want to move on from the Saw Cleaver/Spear.

What's a good STR weapon that's not OP? I'm at Yahar'gul Chapel right now.
>>
>>339267685
>On PS4

Ayyy
>>
>>339270264
I don't know why they didn't make the blood vials restore to at least like ten or so on death if you have no others left. They could justify it as your character drawing vials of his own blood in the dream to use later in emergencies. Estus worked out a lot better. You'd never run out because they restore each time but you also can't get more without going back to a bonfire.
>>
>>339272296
axe or whirligig saw
>>
>>339272184
>boring ass weapon
>split damage

Yeah, that might be your problem. Sounds like a pussy build, try some heavier, harder hitting weapons. Demon's Greataxe at +5 is great although I can't say how well that does against Champ Gundyr specifically, otherwise he is weak to bleed if you have the Spiked Mace (which is still a great weapon in its own right).
>>
>>339271750
Holy fuck I love Cainhurst. Why are the optional/secret areas in these games always the most beautiful?
>>
>>339269873
The pizza cutter from the Old Hunters DLC and Simon's bowblade are really powerful weapons. The first because it can stunlock many bosses and the second because it has great damage on its projectiles and it feels like the game wasn't really designed around having powerful projectiles. They're all pretty good, though. Don't feel like you're gimping yourself by using a weapon that you like the looks and moves of, they're all perfectly usable. Stake driver is probably the worst of them, though. It can do good damage but it has really poor range with its attacks.
>>
>>339272215
They were 12 for vig and end but now it's 25 and 19 now that I reborned. Fth is 25 now though :/ vit now is 34
As for shield I'm using lothric knight greatshield +6
Armor load out
Herald helm
Lothric knight armor
silver knight gauntlets
Painting guardian waist cloth (which I think looks pretty cool with the silver knight armor personally)
All that is just so I have lots of poise and still stay under 70% weight. I have
>>
>>339270264
Do you guys really need to farm blood vials ?
I never had too, the inventory went quickly full quite early in the game.
>>
>>339272296
Kirkhammer, of course.
>>
>>339272628
Yeah I'm experimenting with weapons now
Found a greatlance and I like its poke. I think in future runs if I make myself a group healer it'll be useful
>>
>>339272894
Armour doesn't matter, poise does nothing. Don't depend on that shit, either block or dodge hits (dodging of course gives iframes so is a lot more viable than it sounds). Lothric shield is decent from what I remember, has that 100 physical absorption.

Like I said, get a bigger weapon, you're supposed to be a Str build. I run around in a dress with greataxes and shit and just push faces in.
>>
>>339272296
Beast cutter, amygdalan arm, boom hammer. All fun.
>>
>>339273167
Fun fact, if you die in a battle with champion gundyr you can get your souls back from where you fight iudex gundyr because reasons
>>
>>339274159
Yeah, same with how messages show up at both Firelinks. Wibbly wobbly and all that.
>>
File: Yharnam.jpg (3 MB, 2967x4210) Image search: [Google]
Yharnam.jpg
3 MB, 2967x4210
Bloodborne comfy art thread?
>>
File: bloodborne maria.jpg (159 KB, 800x567) Image search: [Google]
bloodborne maria.jpg
159 KB, 800x567
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.