[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else hyped bros?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 3
File: wallpaper_nioh_01_1920x1080.jpg (266 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
wallpaper_nioh_01_1920x1080.jpg
266 KB, 1920x1080
Anyone else hyped bros?
>>
I am not a hyped bro

but youre a faggot
>>
>>339263070
how so?
>>
>>339262985
after all those nerfs?
After they destroyed all those interesting mechanics?
fuck no
is just another souls
>>
Game has a lot of cool ideas, but I just didn't have fun with it. Controls could be better they seem to rely too much on surprised and ambushes for a game where you want to drag enemies out one at a time.
>>
>he didn't see the changes announced after the alpha demo
Hate to be bearer of bad news but I guess it's better to know sooner than later.
>>
>>339263264
pass whatever shit you're on nigga
>>
>>339263309
What did they change?
>>
After those survey results? No
>>
Op here , you killed my hype
>>
>>339263264
Changing weapons every 30 seconds is not an interesting mechanic.
>>
>>339262985
nips killed it
>>
>>339263471
> being shit that have to worry about it
> you can beat the demo with the first sword you pick up
>>
>>339263778
So at best it's irrelevant.
>>
>>339263371
Tutorials

>Implement a training stage for tutorials on basic controls and core game actions.

Action & Controls

>Improve player & camera behavior during lock-on.
>Change the conditions under which the player character becomes unresponsive when the Ki Gauge is empty.
>Expand item shortcut slots.
>Revise the objects which require holding a button and the response to the hold input.
>Improve detection for the half-circle analog stick input.

Enemies

>Adjust attack and defense parameters of enemies.
>Revise enemy pursuit of the player.
>Revise superarmor (stagger/no stagger) for each enemy and attack.Adjust Revenant AI.

Level Design/Stages

>Improve exploration elements such as shortcuts, etc.
>Add hints to guide players to boss areas.
>Revise the display of objects that block the view of the player character.
>Adjust fire area damage.

UI

>Improve layout and displayed information.
>Adjust text size.
>When making an offering at a shrine, allow the player to perform all actions at once.

>Improve online synchronisation.
>Allow the host to use the Shrine menu during co-op play with a Visitor.
>Adjust the rate at which enemy parameters increase during co-op play.

Other

>Remove durability stat for weapons and armor.
>Adjust the drop rate for equipment.
>Add a new control type.Implement a flow to allow players to exit a mission.

Source: http://nichegamer.com/2016/05/23/nioh-to-rework-game-mechanics-via-fan-feedback-prior-to-final-release/
>>
>>339263824
gear just makes it easier which most of the souls fans want
>>
Overall

Add tutorials regarding the game system.
Adjust balance mainly in the opening sections to make battles fairer.
Improve controls and camera system.
Improve the understandability and usability of the UI.
Improve graphic performance
■ Details

Tutorials

Implement a training stage for tutorials on basic controls and core game actions.
Action & Controls

Improve player & camera behavior during lock-on.
Change the conditions under which the player character becomes unresponsive when the Ki Gauge is empty.
Expand item shortcut slots.
Revise the objects which require holding a button and the response to the hold input.
Improve detection for the half-circle analog stick input.
Enemies

Adjust attack and defense parameters of enemies.
Revise enemy pursuit of the player.
Revise superarmor (stagger/no stagger) for each enemy and attack.
Adjust Revenant AI.
Level Design/Stages

Improve exploration elements such as shortcuts, etc.
Add hints to guide players to boss areas.
Revise the display of objects that block the view of the player character.
Adjust fire area damage.
UI

Improve layout and displayed information.
Adjust text size.
When making an offering at a shrine, allow the player to perform all actions at once.

Improve online synchronization.
Allow the host to use the Shrine menu during co-op play with a Visitor.
Adjust the rate at which enemy parameters increase during co-op play.
Other

Remove durability stat for weapons and armor.
Adjust the drop rate for equipment.
Add a new control type.
Implement a flow to allow players to exit a mission.
Fix other bugs.

>Going full retard
>>
>>339263910
>>339264091
Maybe I'm just being dense, but what exactly is being ruined here?
>>
>>339263910
Some of these things aren't so bad.

Lock on being better? Nice.
More item shortcut slots? Sure.
Half circle input improvement? Yeah.

UI? Nice.
Same for >Revise the display of objects that block the view of the player character.

Changes to difficulty is fucking stupid though, once you get even a little bit of a grasp of Ki Pulse and some armor you can absolutely shit on just about everything the game can throw at you.

Made even easier if you get Ninpo.

I still want the game to be good, I had a lot of fun with it. I worry they will overtune things and make it too easy and unfun.
Most Japanese players are absolutely shit at videogames now
>>
>>339263910
>Change the conditions under which the player character becomes unresponsive when the Ki Gauge is empty.
>Revise enemy pursuit of the player.
>Add hints to guide players to boss areas.
>Remove durability stat for weapons and armor.

Fuck everything.
>>
>>339264301
> remove durability
> faggits complain that weapons are generic and still can't find the sell all option claiming inventory management is a nightmare
>>
File: 34594233_p0.jpg (61 KB, 700x500) Image search: [Google]
34594233_p0.jpg
61 KB, 700x500
>no more endurance
>not even a choice to repair at the shrine
>just removed it
>>
>>339264201
>Removing durability
This is kind of iffy since some people saw no issues with it being there or not.

>Game being made easier because Japan can't handle it.
>All enemies being put on a stricter leash because people didn't understand how to break an encounter
>Stamina usage being reduced when Ki Pulse made stamina usage a non-issue along with Ninpo
People are assuming the worst because the backlash to the difficulty was huge in Japan and a lot of mechanics could potentially become simplified too much.

When it comes to simplifying things Team Ninja has a bad track record.

>Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 cuts out most enemies
>Ninja Gaiden 3 cuts out all weapons
When they make things easier they gut the game
>>
Why the fuck do you people want the durability system?
>>
File: 1462100927021.jpg (242 KB, 1000x1414) Image search: [Google]
1462100927021.jpg
242 KB, 1000x1414
>>339262985
I wanna fuck that spirit. Can I fuck that spirit?

Also, yes.
>>
>>339264617
I'd like to think they learned their lesson somewhat with NG3 when they backed down with Razor's Edge. I'd like to think they won't casualise it that much.
>>
>>339264647
It encourages more efficiency in your playstyle because being too defensive or swinging wildly harmed your weapon.

Also encouraged parrying because you don't take a durability hit when you parry.
>>
>>339264578
A blacksmith was mentioned in one of the loading screens and in the explanation for the as-yet unutilized familiarity mechanic, but obviously didn't make it into the demo; but apparently this passed people by completely.
>>
Not really. I felt like randomized loot completely undermines the whole point of souls-like looping levels and punishing nature.
>>
>>339264647
so you can't just stand there blocking all the time; skillful dodging is required not spamming like souls
probably balances out pvp turtling too
>>
>>339264787
>Durability system is in game
>Instead of tweaking it to improve what's there or even adding an option to repair things at shrines for people who can't find whetstones/glue they remove it completely
They didn't learn a fucking thing.
>>
I didn't like the demo, but I'll give the game a shot because it sounds like they're changing all the shitty parts.
>>
>>339264973
it's actually a smart design decision because people complaining about grinding through areas will eventually make it via gear instead of grinding for souls
>>
>>339265028
Maybe they'll remove it but replace it with something else? Yeah, I guess I'm being naive. Oh well. I'll still play it, casualised or not.
>>
>>339265004
You can spam dodges if your equip load was below 20%

Your equip load determined i-frames.
If you have almost nothing on you get good dodges in low stance and it encourages spamming due to ki pulse mechanics.

It's offset by how much more damage you'd take if you were going with the 20% and below equip load setup.
>>
>>339265106
But it abolishes the any need for exploration, in souls I inspect every nook and cranny because I know there might be something special, in Ni-Oh there's no point in going off to the secluded unnoticeable path because whatever you find there can be found by killing enough enemies.
>>
Removing durability is beyond retarded, now ill just find a super sword and go all the game with it, fuck'em.
>>
>>339264647
They want the artificial difficulty
>>
I actually enjoyed the weapon degradation system. Made finding a good weapon feel all the sweeter and made me actually save my best weapons for the boss. I can see why a lot of people bashed this though and will admit it does make the game much more frustrating but on the opposite side of the equation it becomes more gratifying and rewarding.

The watering down of enemy difficulty is retarded because enemies weren't even OP to begin with. It's more of a case that your character isn't OP and need to learn how to handle enemies without getting hit. It also adds insult to injury for 2 reasons. 1. To begin with the game sells itself on being an extremly hard game and 2. The developer is known for their retarded hard games like Ninja Gaiden (reboot).

I expected as much as the enemy nero but what really gets me on top of that is they are revising how enemies chase you. That sounds cryptic to people who didn't play the demo so I'll clear it up. They chased you until you or they were dead in most instances staying right on your ass. Knowing this made me take a lot more careful approach to entering new areas. Now people can 1. Sprint into zones, grab a hoard of enemies, reset some and kill others, rinse and repeat or even worse 2. Just fucking through enemies and have them barley come after you like in many sections of Dark Souls games
>>
>>339265301
>Ni-Oh there's no point in going off to the secluded unnoticeable path because whatever you find there can be found by killing enough enemies.

>Little spirit things that give you upgrades
>Some chests had fixed items to collect
>Shortcuts or ways to skip hard encounters
>Sniping spots
The two areas in the demo had quite a bit of a reason to explore around.

The rewards weren't always items though.
>>
>>339263910
Why are nips such babies when it's their development studios that make the majority of difficult games?
>>
>>339265213
Isn't there poise based on stance-weapon? so that counters constant low stance aside from damage.

>>339265301
You probably get better drops in chests probably the first time. In souls people will often loot chests and die then run past enemies because they don't want to deal with them again. The concept of killing enemies means potentially new gear is kind of way to keep the grind more meaningful; of course the gear won't be as good as new area chests or revenants.
>>
>>339265704
>their development studios that make the majority of difficult games?
Difficult games are a niche anon, the gaming market over there plays mobile and the traditional gamers are otaku who have shit taste and want the same few games all the time.

The hardcore obsessive gamers over there have dwindled down even further the past several years
>>
I really wish they'd adjust the parry system. The awkward preanimated sequence with the sword just isn't great.

Like, it should be something like the counter-attack in Ninja Gaiden or even the Intercept from the Hurrican Pack (but not both, that would be far too broken). Maybe even something like Issen/Guard Issen from Onimusha, but that might not work so well with the control scheme.
>>
>>339264617
I completely agree that they gut their games by doing that but vanilla 3 with only dragonsword was in no way shape or form easier than Razors Edge with all the weapons (mainly Scythe that was paid dlc in vanilla) regardless of the additional misssions/bosses.
>>
>>339265667
Spirits just gave tiny marginal upgrades like +5% to money earned or +5% drop rate.
Fixed items from chests get outclassed by random loot couple minutes later and don't even look any different.
Shortcuts are on very obvious paths so that's not really a point.
Sniping's just a way to rob yourself of combat.
Random loot simply doesn't work in games with fixed world, ever. Same shit happened to Darksiders 2, they put random equipment into the game and killed the whole point of zelda-like structure.
>>
>>339262985
i loved the demo, but it seems like they're going to fuck everything up
>>
>>339263471
>I am so unbelievably fucking stupid that I am completely incapable of using one of the many repair items in the game to fix my gear
>>
>>339265704
I believe it was said some time ago that Ninja Gaiden (possibly both classic and Xbox reimagining) was specifically targeted at the western market. As in, they didn't expect anywhere near the same kind of returns on the domestic market. Same for DMC and possibly other high-profile games orientated around fast gameplay and challenge, which probably was part of the reason for Capcom's ill-advised handing off of DMC to Ninja Theory.
The devs might like these kinds of games, but they're not the majority of the Japanese games market, which is currently dominated by shit like Puzzles & Dragons. Despite having cities littered with competitive arcades, there are way more casuals than you'd expect.
>>
>>339266121
I think RE was actually supposed to be harder than vanilla 3, in spite of additional weapons.
I wouldn't know, I've only played RE since I avoided vanilla 3 like the plague.
>>
>>339266257
>Spirits just gave tiny marginal upgrades like +5% to money earned or +5% drop rate.
Which stacks up every time you find one. They got to +20% to +25% on some things. That's a pretty hefty boost.

>Fixed items from chests get outclassed by random loot couple minutes later and don't even look any different.
Then tweak the system to give something of value. Also you are rolling the dice and are not guaranteed better loot a few minutes from finding a chest.

>Shortcuts are on very obvious paths so that's not really a point.
Then they can work on making it better.

>Sniping's just a way to rob yourself of combat.
Or you can look at it as something a weaker player can take advantage of to get through the game without having to ask for nerfs.
They won't do it, but still.

>Random loot simply doesn't work in games with fixed world, ever. Same shit happened to Darksiders 2, they put random equipment into the game and killed the whole point of zelda-like structure.
I think it can work.
I don't think Nioh's gear system is the best though and Darksiders 2 had made the Zelda structures more like Prince of Persia as a result of the random loot.

As in, it was more fun to get past obstacles than to hopefully find treasure.

I don't think there's necessarily anything wrong with this provided the game is designed around it.
>>
>>339265473
As opposed to doing the same thing, but pausing to use a whetstone every now and then?

Weapon durability was nothing but tedium in the demo.
>>
Did people actually have issues with Weapon durability and Stamina management in the demo?

I pretty much ignored Ki-Pulsing for my first few hours of playing through the two levels multiple times and had literally zero issues with my stamina, once I figured out Ki-Pulsing I felt invincible because I never had to be careful past dodging a few attacks so I could just wail on shit.

Weapon durability was fine, you find a trillion weapons and get free whetstones every time you traded in all your loot anyway.
>>
The game was cool, but I seriously don't know how much fun can be had in a game with only 2 or 3 enemy encounters, as I really can't imagine the thing being playable with 4 or more enemies attacking you.
>>
>>339263309
This.
Im a bit worried now
>>
>>339267773
>not using new weapons with better stats
I'm guessing you only looked at the blue up arrow
>>
>>339268083
most people didn't even bother looking through the menus to figure out the skill tree/ninpo much less reading UI to show moves or how to sort/select items to trade
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.