[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
alright /v/, give me easy co-op games that I can play with my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: magicka-patched[1].jpg (44 KB, 500x272) Image search: [Google]
magicka-patched[1].jpg
44 KB, 500x272
alright /v/, give me easy co-op games that I can play with my fiancee

she's terrible at vidya, and I want to ease her into gaming with something casual and fun.

the best I've found so far was Magicka, but even that was too complex at times. she is absolutely terrible at anything in FPP, and tends to button mash when she panics.
>>
battleblock theater
terraria
divinity original sin
dungeon defenders
>>
try a hack'n'slay or MMO. they are perfect for getting into gaming
>>
>>339263020
>MMO
I agree with this, MMOs are a great starting point to playing games. You don't need to press keys fast and the learning curves are extremely gentle because of the leveling process

I'd say FF XIV would be great for you guys, OP.
>>
>>339263020
>>339263310
any particular F2P MMO's to try out? I've been out of the MMO loop for years now, but the idea is actually quite pleasing, as she likes fantasy, and we can quest together.

something light preferably.
>>
Although 4X games usually have a lot of things going on, since they're turn based you can talk her through what she's doing each turn for as long as she needs.
>>
>>339264446
tried Civ5, she found it too complex.
HoMM3 was a hit though, but I'm pretty bored by it after all these years.
>>
>>339262269
Torchlight 2.
>>
Portal 2
>>
Diablo 2
>>
Rapelay
>>
>>339264224
Don't know much about F2P MMOs but Tree of Savior just came out and Blade and Soul is popular right now. TERA is pretty fun
>>
Trine
>>
Same boat as you, Pokemon for all the cute monsters. Surprised how many grills play TESO though, I personally blame Skyrim since this js on the Xbone but it is definitely easy to get into
>>
File: 1349970503081.jpg (171 KB, 1200x700) Image search: [Google]
1349970503081.jpg
171 KB, 1200x700
Guild Wars 2. It's free to trial.
>>
diablo 3 I guess, EDF 4.1, battlefront have offline co-op, portal 2

marvel heros and the star wars mmo are free and can be fun if she is into those universes
>>
>>339262269
Trine
Terraria
Minecraft
WoW
>>
>>339264446

This. Me and my girlfriend play Civilisation all the time. It's great and really comfy especially combined with skype or steam chat.
>>
File: 1440061246544.jpg (61 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1440061246544.jpg
61 KB, 800x600
>>339262269
I have the same problem.
The only thing we've been able to play together for a little bit without her freaking out is Terraria.
She stayed at home and mucked about being a housewife while I went on adventures.

I just want to have fun with you, you stupid bitch.
>>
File: Armello gif.gif (644 KB, 620x345) Image search: [Google]
Armello gif.gif
644 KB, 620x345
>>339266613
Have you tried asking her what she likes?

Armello's fun.
>>
File: Dokapon_Jobs.jpg (246 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Dokapon_Jobs.jpg
246 KB, 1024x768
>>339266802
can armello be played co operatively? like can you have 2 winners? or is it like you're just supporting the other player but there can only be one winner sort of thing

also competitive dicerolling should never be played with loved ones
>>
>>339264224
you could try a WoW private server but the scene is kind of shit right now

Vanilla is hard but two people can knock out anything as long as one of you is playing a healer
>>
File: Armello burn gif.gif (2 MB, 620x348) Image search: [Google]
Armello burn gif.gif
2 MB, 620x348
>>339267031
>like can you have 2 winners?
No. But you can always boost her. And maybe she'll like stomping you.
>also competitive dicerolling should never be played with loved ones
It's a good test for your relationship.
>>
Borderlands 2, make her use the Girlfriend Build for Mechromancer.
The game is pretty fun when played Co-op, and if she happens to die you can always revive her easily. Dying also doesn't have real consequence either.
>>
>>339264224
LOTRO 2bh lad
>>
>>339264224
guild wars 2
>>
>>339266526
>skype or steam chat.
Why? I'm sitting literally next to her.
>>
divinity original sin is a good choice because you can play right next to her and as it is turn based you can always discuss what is going to happen beforehand
Great learning tool (it is quite a hardcore game experience though)
>>
>>339267481
tell her i said hi

and give her a big kiss from me
>>
>>339267583
This.

Also consider Nintendo games like NSMB, which allows for bubbling if she hits a wall, DKCTF, Mario Kart, etc. Then look into beat 'em ups.

Fuck, emulate Toejam and Earl. That shit is amazing co-op.
>>
>>339264224
Either Tera or pillars of eternity. You could also try neverwinter, game is kinda shit till 15, but once you unlock the foundry some great quests are there
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.