[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Never played LoL but I've played Dota and Smite, anything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: LoL.jpg (1 MB, 4096x2538) Image search: [Google]
LoL.jpg
1 MB, 4096x2538
Never played LoL but I've played Dota and Smite, anything I should know before I jump into LoL?
>>
>>339259054
fag
>>
leave this board
>>
>>339259054
don't
>>
>>339259054
You should know when to stop.
>>
>>339259054
the general on vg is pretty helpful for this stuff anon. the website at the top of the thread has a bunch of info on how to get started, etc.

other than that just pick a girl that suits your taste
>>
It has a completely retarded account progresion sytem and the real game doesn't start until 100+ hours in .
Also don't bother.
>>
>>339259501
Thanks man, this should probably help. Including the Chart. ;)
>>
>>339259501
>Irelia so low in ass chart

Bullshit
>>
Try jumping off a bridge first to see if you can survive,if you do somehow survive,you ready to play as you now as smart as the average league player
>>
OP here, another question;
How toxic is the LoL community?
I heard that's REALLY bad.
>>
>>339260170
she has one skin that emphasizes her butt. Other than that it's really not all that extraordinary
>>
Don't do it.The game is dying.
>>
guys, would you like a MOBA with Magicka gameplay?
>>
Seriously don't do it. I'd been playing since season two and recently quit completely (few months ago) and it was the best choice ever. This game is cancer, the concept of reports is cancer, the community is cancer, the report system is cancer etc.
>>
>>339259054
>anything I should know before I jump into LoL?
Yeah, you should know not to play it.
Anyways the game is literally Smite with Dota controls.
Smite just took LoL and changed the camera and controls and then mildly simplified a few other things like the itemization system.

>>339260565
From what I've seen it's pretty bad, largely thanks to the whole forced lane and team comp thing. If anyone deviates slightly or of someone doesn't do well in the forced meta slot they wanted but didn't get, people will start crying and shitting their diapers
>>
>>339264718
>forced team comps

This is not a thing and it only seems that way because people don't want you playing something retarded that won't work in a specific role
>>
File: 4823180569.png (13 KB, 714x186) Image search: [Google]
4823180569.png
13 KB, 714x186
>>339265371
The matchmaking LITERALLY forces it and Riot themselves have stated on multiple occasions that they design the game around the forced meta and don't have any interest in breaking it up.
How delusional can you get?
>>
File: 101675097000.jpg (93 KB, 607x743) Image search: [Google]
101675097000.jpg
93 KB, 607x743
>>339259054
ASSFAGGOTS
>>
>>339265993
Having 1 top laner, 1 mid, 1 jungle, 1 ranged and 1 support is not a "team comp". A team comp would be more like "We want 2-3 big fat guys to stand in front of our hard carries" or "let's all pick disengage and long range nuke champions and be massive faggots" or "let's pick 4 exceptional aoe champions and one split pusher". The roles may be static, but the strategies and picks you can use for those roles are anything but.
>>
>>339259054

Its shit

I played since season 1 and even I can't stand it.

Pre level 30 the game is a joke.

Once you get over that hump you might enjoy it.

If you have friends to play with that's better

>>339259501
Don't listen to this fucking retard

/vg/ is awful because the game is stale as fuck so its just people waifufagging continually unless e-sports on.
>>
League is garbage.
Don't play it. You'll thank me for it.
>>
>>339260565
It's not as bad as it used to be since Riot went full retard with banning people for being toxic
>>
>>339266346
>Having 1 top laner, 1 mid, 1 jungle, 1 ranged and 1 support is not a "team comp"
Nobody said it was, it's a lane layout.
One tanky/sustainy character, a jungler, a bursty assassin/mage, a specifically ranged (not melee!) carry, and a hard support is a team comp, and Riot forces that too.

Are all LoL players this stupid?
>>
>>339266352
I bet you're just mad that your waifu lost the last lewd contest m8
>>
>>339265371
Except you can do whatever the fuck you want as long as you're not trolling, you can go 2 top 2 mid if you want

They can report you for it but Riot won't do anything to you as long as you're not trolling
>>
>>339266668
current meta is a CC bot top lane, a hard carry (melee or otherwise) from the jungle, a waveclear heavy mid, an initiator support, and a mobile ranged carry. Last season you needed a melee carry top lane, a support/teamfighting mage mid, a full tank jungler, and a wave clear oriented bot lane. If you think the same champions fit both metas you're mental.
>>
>>339266712
well sure but for some reason people always get really offended at the idea that people want to play what they're familiar with when they're in the solo ranked queue.
>>
>>339259501
Who here /leona/?

Why's she so perfect, bros?

Also >tfw Zyra sex would kill you but it would be so worth it
>>
Some champions are blatantly better than others, and if you want to rank stick with the OP ones unless you want to lose.

Don't try to be a special snowflake. Pick Graves, Fizz, Ekko, Vi, Swain, *HAHAHA Splat*, Janna, and the others. Look for the permabans, honestly, and whenever they fail to ban them, pick them, otherwise the enemy will.

It's a fun game but it's never going to be properly balanced, ever.
>>
>>339267159
But anon Devourer is kill and the top junglers this patch are all tanks

And other then lucien who's broken because his passive lets him avoid early attack speed, the top two adcs are immobile teamfight cleave adcs.
>>
>>339267660
Nidalee, Graves, and Kindred are all hard carry junglers and are just as meta now as they've ever been

Also the full tank top lane meta is dying thanks to recent nerfs to items and the reemergence of Swain
>>
>>339267159
>current meta is a CC bot top lane, a hard carry (melee or otherwise) from the jungle, a waveclear heavy mid, an initiator support, and a mobile ranged carry.
So, exactly what I just said?
Can I skip having a jungler and play two duo lanes and not be throwing the game? Can I lane a melee carry bot and not be throwing the game?

Riot literally states that they force these things and don't want players to mix it up, I really don't understand what you think you can argue here. Every time something actually unique rotates into favor Riot tweaks things and nerfs it out until the original forced meta is best again.
>>
>>339259054
That it's a garbage waste of time that you'll regret ever leaving smite for
>>
>>339267868
running 2 top is certainly possible, but you won't get much support from your teammates since it more often than not fucks your squad over

Melee Carries are plenty viable, just not bot lane
>>
>>339267787
Yeah but I never mentioned top. Voli, skarn skarn and mumu are out performing graves, nid and to a lesser extent kindred and jinx and twitch are not 'mobile adcs'.

I was just pointing that out I'm not the guy you were talking too.
>>
>>339259054
No, don't. It was good in 2010-13, then Season 4 made it shit
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.