[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
With the upcoming Sea Dragon, being added, is Subnautica going
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
File: Reefback night.jpg (154 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Reefback night.jpg
154 KB, 1920x1080
With the upcoming Sea Dragon, being added, is Subnautica going to be worth it yet?
>>
>no guns
nah
>>
>>339254434
>No projectile firearms
Kinda needs something different, like harpoons.
>>
There are stasis rifles that can stun fish and the Seamoth submarine has weapons that can kill all but the big fish. There's more more into defence and avoiding threats than wiping all life around you.
>>
>>339256361
When you can just ram into smaller fish to kill them, I wonder if you can ram into the larger ones too.
>>
Last I played was when they implemented sea bases. I put like 10 or more hours into it so I'm going to wait until it's truly finished before I get back to it.
>>
>>339256361
That said, I found you can clear an area of predators by taking the eggs they lay. All the sandsharks by my base seemed to die out after a while.

>>339256424
I think they take damage but it's not really an option from anything above stalkers. Bonesharks just outtank you.
>>
>>339256631
I read something about base defense turrets being added soon, around the time they'll add creatures attacking your base.
>>
>>339256806
Makes sense. They're also waiting for the exosuit release before making water pressure a real danger to a naked player.
>>
>>339256631
Also take the eggs, and hatch them in a large aquarium for Bio Reactor power.

>>339256980
More than it is now? Losing Oxygen fast is a problem by itself when not traveling with a Seamoth.
>>
>>339256806
They're also going to have it so that the larger your base is the more likely/quicker something will come to attack it.
>>
>>339257226
Well that just screams fucked up.
>>
>>339257226
>“Oh man, I just need one more quartz to make that window, it'll look perfect in my secondary leisure room"
>Have to rush between the Reapers Leviathan hanging out just outside turret range to get it
>>
>>339257093
The rebreather fixes that and if you really wanted, you could make a line of air pipes going down.

hopefully once the update is in, you dare not leave your seamoth past a certain depth, because the pressure outside will crush you. Maybe seamoths will sink if they lose power too, so you have to watch the window crack around you.
>>
>>339257617
I haven't found the air pipes to be an efficient item to set up.

They're changing it so that you can change the power cell from inside the cabin.
>>
>>339257284
Hey, giant predators really hate things intruding in their territories.

>>339257537
Considering you can build bases pretty much anywhere, they'll probably make it so that it's attacked by something big and nasty appropriate to the location and depth.

>base in the Mushroom Caves
>Crabsnakes trying to chew their way in
>base in the Lost River
>Bone Eels everywhere
>base in the Inactive Lava Region
>Sea Dragon comes a-knockin'
>>
>>339257226
Definitely have to go for cave bases, then.

You can tunnel into the sea bed and build sort-of-underground.
>>
fuck weaponry, when do you get to tame giant sea creatures and pit them against each other
>>
File: Crabsquid_backgroundless.png (944 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Crabsquid_backgroundless.png
944 KB, 1920x1080
Booga booga.
>>
>>339258789
Except that once they remove terraforming building anywhere that isn't wide open is gonna be impossible.
>>
File: TheHorror.jpg (38 KB, 620x375) Image search: [Google]
TheHorror.jpg
38 KB, 620x375
someone should mod this guy in
>>
File: trigger pull.png (203 KB, 799x541) Image search: [Google]
trigger pull.png
203 KB, 799x541
>>339253596
Sell me on this /v/
>>
>>339263295
Try it first.
>>
>>339263295
How? I could give a link to one of my livestream footage.
>>
>>339263295
I like what's in it so far but it needs more added.

I don't know if the price will change with the release but I heard it's happening in august. May as well wait till then.
>>
>>339264028
>august
No way this game is gonna be finished by August.
>>
Is this game better than the forest? I bought that, and it's not terrible, but it's nowhere near as good as I had hoped.

This game sounds cool, but all these games seem to promise way more than they ever give
>>
>>339261814
>once they remove terraforming
But why?
>>
>>339264252
Supposedly for a multitude of reasons, the biggest ones are that the voxel terrain doesn't add enough to the game to compensate for the sluggish way the world loads. If they were to remove it and simplify the way the world is saved, most of the loading stutter we suffer right now would disappear, and also LOD would be greatly improved.
Also, console limitations. Apparently the XBox version is struggling hard with it.
>>
>>339264487
>consoles

For what purpose?
>>
>>339264816
Money.
>>
>>339264487
I would have thought it was just gamebreaking stuff like being able my make bridges above water or tunnel down to areas instead of discovering tunnels.

A shame, because I think terraforming would be fine if it was restricted by time or energy.
>>
>>339264487
>console limitations
Whelp, I actually don't have the game yet, but just that phrase makes me want to not buy it. Just kook at how State of Decay turned out...
>>
>>339264487
>consoles

DEATH

K
N
E
L
L
>>
>>339265351
>>339265016
Hopefully they'll limit the features cut to the terraforming alone and not bend everything to make it fit into console specs.
I wouldn't be too sour about getting smoother long distance travelling, to be honest. However they really need to find a middle of the road solution for base building, because being completely limited by the topography would be impossible. I built my first base in the safe shallows and if I hadn't been able to do automatic terraforming it would've been a pain.
>>
I came here because the other thread got pruned for some reasons
Any recommendation for other underwater explorer? I prefer realistic look over what Subnautica offer.
>>
>>339253596
Fucker looks like it has eyes. I'm reminded why I don't fuck with the ocean.
>>
Early access games aren't worth it. You're always going to keep waiting for content and there's the chance they'll never make stuff good, like starbound
>>
>>339266713
It's an unfortunate truth.
>>
>>339266713
I got Mordheim on Early Access, and technically grabbed Battlefleet Gothic on Early Access too (although right before release, just to get the free DLC) and both of those were solid. That meme construction game, Besiege, was worth it too since that was a mere $7. Just like preorders, gotta be extremely careful these days.
>>
>>339266713
Yeah, you should only get early access if you want to help bugtest and don't mind spoilers. People who expect a complete game to play are fucking idiots.
>>
>>339268285
For games like this it's nice to see the evolution during development. It kinda reminds me of the Minecraft Alpha days.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.