[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do they do it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 12598-Star-Citizen-logo1.png (3 MB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
12598-Star-Citizen-logo1.png
3 MB, 1680x1050
Those guys managed to gather millions, they're fucking loaded.

All of this thanks to their kickstarter.

And yet, after playing the alpha, I'm still wondering where the fuck all that money went.

Do these people actually have the passion to make games, or do they just go after the money, straight up?

Star Citizen is so fucking boring, I'm baffled.
>>
>>339250743

I'm looking forward to the release, it's gonna be epic!

Donating again tomorrow! (for the 3rd time :) )
>>
When you have a good paying job you're interested in development taking as long as possible.

Guess what happens when there's no publisher to set the deadline and hurry them up?
>>
>>339250743
>people are always equally surprised when a kickstarter gives them nothing
>>
>>339251176
and what exactly is their incentive to even finish it?
>>
>>339251492
This, there is nothing surprising really.

I played the alpha too, and the game is lacking you have no idea.

And they've been at it for 4 fucking years.
>>
>>339250864
5rd time here friend ;), have to take my wife's son to school so I'll see you around!
>>
>>339251574
>And they've been at it for 4 fucking years.

and?

Do you know how long games are in development for, champ?

Hardly "in development" for 4 years anyway. For that first year they had less than a dozen employees.
>>
has anyone actually played 2.4
>>
>>339251176
they don't finish it and run with the money? :^)
>>
>>339250743
>the alpha

I don't think you know what that means, anon. This is the problem when you let plebs into funding shit they have no knowledge of. Capital investors said it best, crowd-funding is dumb money.
>>
>>339251568
Once there's a playable prototype any promised features can be written off as not yet ready. "Releasing" the game is just an indication of them running out of money or the top guys moving onto something else. "Release" being labeling the latest stable build
finished product. There's a chance it can be good, but it entirely depends on how competent and interested in the game top management is.

>>339251873
There's no need to run anywhere, when you have the money. Turn the workplace into Disneyland for adults, take expensive vacations, produce spin-off videos, movies, shows, idk what else, gaming buses? As long as there's any updates on the game they can do whatever they desire.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.