[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Made a thread earlier about how my copy of Vampire wasn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: vampire.jpg (665 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
vampire.jpg
665 KB, 1920x1080
Made a thread earlier about how my copy of Vampire wasn't working. An anon told me to just pirate it, so I did. It works fine.

Any tips? Vampire thread.
>>
>>339247172
get the content restoration mod
>>
>>339247215
If his game is working then he probably already has it dumbass.

My tips would be:
If you don't think you'll replay the game soon go malkavian on your first play-through, they're nuts,
If you haven't played a game made in the source engine before you should look up how to enable the developer console and a few commands like noclip. Source games are abit like elder scrolls games, you sometimes want ot just use the console and not deal with their shit. Though it's less often.
>>
>>339247215
What's that do?
>>
>>339247172

Maybe the pirated copy included one of the unofficial patches, like wesp's.
>>
>>339247810
GOG copy includes the Basic version of the Unofficial patch. It also has a version without it, by the way.
>>
>>339247773
>If you haven't played a game made in the source engine before you should look up how to enable the developer console and a few commands like noclip.

What the fuck? Why would you tell anyone to walk through walls when they're trying to enjoy a game?

Holy shit what a retard.
>>
>>339247810
It's the GOG one. And i'm sure it did because it had more resolution options
>>
>>339247172
I would strongly recommend Against going Maldivian for your first playthrough. There's a lot of good content and dialog that's going to be very different as a Malk. Oh yeah, and plot spoilers. Save that for the second or third playthrough.
>>
File: brujah.jpg (74 KB, 1024x706) Image search: [Google]
brujah.jpg
74 KB, 1024x706
>>339247172
Brujah and Gangrel a best
>>
File: memelaugh.jpg (209 KB, 682x600) Image search: [Google]
memelaugh.jpg
209 KB, 682x600
>>339247172
>he actually bought VtM:B
>>
So, is True Patch worth installing or I should just stick to Wesp's patch and don't bother?
>>
>>339248290
Just stick to Wesp's.
>>
>>339248268
Got a physical copy for 0.50 cents
>>
>>339247917
Because if you get to the sewer level with a social focused character will not be finishing the game.
Also not everybody has the same level of patience. If you know you won't be able to finish a game you might as well level up to max and explore all the extra routes that are normally blocked by skill requirements.
>>
just pirate the GOG version that came out some time ago
>>
>>339248348
>you might as well level up to max and explore all the extra routes that are normally blocked by skill requirements.
Disgusting
>>
>>339248441
You're absolutely right. It's better to just quit and not experience anything.
>>
>>339248495
Why not cheat through sewers and then replay game to see extra routes?
>>
>>339248348
>Because if you get to the sewer level with a social focused character will not be finishing the game.

You might not but non-retarded people will.
>>
>inb4 spoiler shitposting
>>
>>339248348
Bullshit. I had a social toreador and I made it. It sucked, but it's doable, as long as you have anything at all in any combat Stat, which you really, really should by that point.
>>
>>339248495
Got 'emmmmm HAH
>>
>>339248290
I had a lot more success with the True Patch, but if it works for you, just stick with Wesp's.
>>
File: NO FUN ALLOWED.webm (189 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
NO FUN ALLOWED.webm
189 KB, 720x480
>>339248703
I just said he should look them up so that, in case he can't make it through the sewers, he can have a way to get through the game as opposed to giving up. Never implied anything else.

>>339248748
From OP's post it seemed like his first time. Now I could assume he is an oldfag and that he just happened to miss VTMB but I think it's more likely that he hasn't played that many old games and may not be used to non-streamlined games. If he isn't then the chance that he will be able to get through the whole game without using the console at all seemed, in my opinion, slim. Thus I gave him an option.

>>339248825
Well now I didn't mean it's impossible. But therer are about 15-20 health-sponge enemies. Last time I played the game I literarily ran out of bullets and blood packs since until then I had relied on stealth to kill everythin in one hit.
>>
>>339247215
>content restoration mod
>>339247801
>What's that do?
You're an utter retard aren't you.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.