[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
About to play this for the first time with the graphics overhaul
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 12
File: Morrowind_1.jpg (18 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Morrowind_1.jpg
18 KB, 320x240
About to play this for the first time with the graphics overhaul and nothing else, should i install a mod that lets my blow land everytime? I saw some webms and the dice system seems awful but i wouldn't want to ruin the game. Also morrowind thread
>>
The dice rolls are bad at first but they are not a problem after a while. Just make sure your stamina is full when you're fighting, because low stamina will cause you to miss.
>>
>>339243896
>should i install a mod that lets my blow land everytime?
No, just don't be an idiot during character creation. The game is balanced for the included system, and as long as you aren't an idiot and expect the blow to land every time, it works well.
>I saw some webms
You saw some bait, n'wah
>>
>>339243896
Put the weapon type you'll use as a major skill, and stick to it. Join the Fighters guild and loot their equipment chests for stamina pots.
When your weapon skill is at ~60, missing won't really be an issue, so aim for it. There are in-game trainers who can help you level it up if you're restless and got cash over.
>>
>>339243896

God, I love this game. It singlehandedly introduced me to PC gaming. I even still have the poster on my wall. Framed. I also have a hat and a mousepad.

I agree with these guys, the dice rolls are fine. Just don't use weapons if your skill in them is terrible. And don't be afraid to fuck up during character creation. Not because it doesn't have consequences, but because you *will* fuck up. And that's okay. You'll survive.
>>
>>339243896
>About to play this for the first time with the graphics overhaul and nothing else, should i install a mod that lets my blow land everytime?
Do those mods overhaul the entire combat system or do they just give you 100 to attack always?
Because the latter just breaks the game.
>>
Hope you like walking and missing every hit, cause thats Morrowind gameplay for 99% of time
>>
File: screenshot001.png (835 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
screenshot001.png
835 KB, 1024x768
Not really, just increase your agility and weapon skills. Actually, don't use any gameplay changing mods.
Don't forget to enchant some piece of equipment for "Restore fatigue", it will let you run like a mad man and fight any time.
Using Madd Leveler on my current playthrough was a mistake, now my stats are too big
>>
Install a mod that actually fixes the shit combat system instead of just making fights slightly faster
>>
File: spoopywind.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
spoopywind.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
Watch the sky, traveller.
>>
>>339243896
plan your character to start with enough accuracy to hit shit. Go from there.
>>
>>339244169
I want to play a plated sword and board warrior, any reccomendation for class? I don't like playing as elves.
>>
File: Indoril.jpg (911 KB, 5990x3000) Image search: [Google]
Indoril.jpg
911 KB, 5990x3000
>>339244302
>And don't be afraid to fuck up during character creation. Not because it doesn't have consequences, but because you *will* fuck up. And that's okay. You'll survive.
This so much.

>>339244383
>spoiler
What is this heresy mod?

>>339244387
Walk with Virtue, Outlander
>>
>>339244382

Sounds like you need to understand the game better, faggot. Between Mark/Recall, AI/DI, and fast travel networks, you should only be walking if you're going somewhere cool, in which case you should enjoy the scenery. It's some of the most compelling video game scenery there is. While you're at it, enjoy the fear, the abject terror of being a low-level wanderer in a big, hostile world.
>>
>>339244468
You're doing to play a light-armor wearing, spear-wielding dark elf or you're not going to play Morrowind at all
>>
File: gintamaddd.gif (497 KB, 500x255) Image search: [Google]
gintamaddd.gif
497 KB, 500x255
>>339244592
>you should enjoy the scenery. It's some of the most compelling video game scenery there is.
>>
>>339244476
Madd Leveler is a stat increase overhaul.
>Sets all the level up bonus abilities to x1 (rather than x5), regardless of skill point gains
>Adds an ability point every 3 skill points (to balance above)

I just wanted something new and spicy.
>>
>>339244468

I always built my own classes.

You want Strength and Endurance as primary attributes, probably, and then you'll want Long Blade, Block, Heavy Armor, and Athletics. I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but most of the rest is up to you.

>>339244687

You might find a standard European Fantasy scene with more polygons and more cheap visual trickery, but where else are you going to find Daedric ruins, or Telvanni housepods, or emperor parasols?
>>
File: MGE Screenshot 148.png (856 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
MGE Screenshot 148.png
856 KB, 1440x900
>tfw ash storms are LITERALLY hitler

this shit is why I stopped playing my telvanni mage, my stronghold was literally built inside a fucking hurricane of ash and cliffracers.

>exit building
>FWOOOOOOOOOOOOSH ASH BLOWING EVERYWHERE AT HURRICANE SPEED
>SKREEEEEE
>CANT SEE SHIT
>STILL MORE CLIFF RACERS COMING

also, while telvanni buildings look cool from the outside, they cause actual pain in my eyes when i try to navigate through them. too tight corridors, too many turns and corners, too spastic bright/dark contrasts.

I like how the overhaul (or mge?) made the glass parts of weapons and armor actually transparent
>>
>>339243896
practically every skill other than alchemy isn't that important; find a vendor that sells two alchemy ingredients for increasing intelligence, make potions out of those and drink them, buy more ingredients and then drink more potions.

everything after that should make perfect sense
>>
>>339243896
OP you need the Morrowind Code Patch. An unofficial patch that includes a huge number of bugfixes and quality of life improvements. If you have Tribunal and Bloodmoon installed (you should) then you also need the Delayed Dark Brotherhood Attack and the Solstheim Rumor Fix.
>>
>>339244802
>You want Strength and Endurance as primary attributes

Nope.

You NEVER want anything else but Luck as a 2nd primary attribute.

I'd even go further and say that no matter what you are playing, you ALWAYS go STR + LUCK because STR affects your starting strength and weight max while LUCK affects everything you do, from hitting to casting to speech checks to picking locks to trade prices to sneaking etc.

besides, LUCK is the only attribute that you can only raise by 1 point per level, while you can raise everything else by 1 to 5.

TL;DR, always have LUCK in your starting attributes, otherwise getting +10 luck would cost you 10 extra character levels.
>>
>>339244842
You are a freaking mage , teleport to temples/cities instead.
>>
>>339244468
If you want to go mostly prebuilt and not worry about selecting all the skills, Knight, but make it a custom class so you can swap out Armourer for Athletics, and possibly Axe for Blunt Weapons and Mercantile for Alteration. Remember that blocking is dice-roll too, rather than manually controlled.

At minimum, you want Heavy Armour, Block and Long Blade as major skills, and Speechcraft, Athletics and possibly Restoration as major or minor skills.Most of the warrior races would work, Redguard probably best for a beginner.
But as was said before, don't worry about making a 'perfect' class or fucking up. In the long run, class doesn't really matter, and you're gonna survive.
>don't like playing elves
t. Pelinal

>>339244683
>light armour when the best armour class is clearly Medium
Get out of here, Ashlander
>>339244723
That's fair enough. You get insane stats anyway, so it's not /that/ bad, also great taste in signs
>>
>>339244982

>STR as primary attribute because it affects your carry weight, and does not calculate retroactively

This was such a dumb design oversight. I consider mods that enable retroactive factoring of Strength into max. encumbrance as bugfixes, not mods.
>>
>>339245140
>>STR as primary attribute because it affects your carry weight, and does not calculate retroactively
What? Yes it does.
Endurance doesn't calculate retroactively.
>>
File: 1389622564926.jpg (229 KB, 1024x633) Image search: [Google]
1389622564926.jpg
229 KB, 1024x633
>>339243896
1. Get one weapon skill as high as possible, and use that weapon class
2. Don't get yourself caught in minimaxing. Nothing ruins fun more than forcing yourself to level as effeciently as possible.
3. Frenzy spell will make NPCs attack everyone, including you, which allows to kill them without bounty.
4. There's tons of quests, involving plenty of NPCs. Don't kill non-hostile NPCs without reason.
5. Develop alchemy, because healing potions at traders are weak and few. You can make healing pot from marchmerrow and rice salt which grow plentifull in Eastern coast.
8. Develop restoration enough to cast restore attribute spells. Restore health and strength should be your first magical purchaises
7. You may want to download some magicka regen mod. Otherwise you will have to do plenty of resting to recover MP
8. Magic resist, protects only from spells using pure magic. It doesn't affect elemental or poison magic.
9. Aquire Divine and Almsivi intervention spells for a quick gateway.
>>
>>339245491
>>339245140
Yea, encumbrance is just 5xSTR isn't it? While endurance affects the hp you get each lvl up, and isn't retroactive. Endurance as a starting stat + the Lady as the sign is imo the best combination
>>
>>339245631
In the long run, unless you're planning to neglect raising Endurance at all, it can be useful as a favoured stat but it's not essential to minmax, even for beginners.
>Not wanting to be born under the sign of the Lover
Lady is probably second-best, though.
>>
>>339245745
>but it's not essential to minmax
How is it not? It's the only stat that is better to have high as early as possible.
>>
>>339246032
Because it being good doesn't make it 'essential' - you get half your base Endurance as raw starting HP, and then one-tenth of your Endurance as hp/level. So an extra 10 Endurance will give you 5 starting HP and then 1hp/level extra; for someone playing the game for the first time who just wants to play without worrying too much about minmaxing stats or skills or training, it's not really that much of a difference.
>>
>>339246032
While low endurance will hurt your characters max hp overall, once you reach a certain level/point in the game, you're too over powered to care you might die in 1 hit from a warewolf
>>
>>339246241
Yea, that might be true. But you said it's not essential to minmaxing, which it definitely is. Maybe not practical minmaxing, but certainly theoretical.
>>
>>339243896
The accuracy mod will break the fuckin game experience.
Imagine hitting over twice as much at the start of the game, especially with a subpar build. That's HUGE
>>
>>339243896
>playing as vampire with vampire mods, like vamp embrace
>literally enslave all those random ashlanders and other enemies i find
>lock them up around those dunmer strongholds
>get to mournhold quest, finish it
>after everything was done, invaded mournhold with my vampire thralls and slaves

That was fairly fun. Casualties were counted in hundreds, mostly from my side.
>>
>>339246601
I imagine they rescale the damage or something, otherwise, yea, that's game-breaking
>>
>>339246876
I sure hope so

But you still lose the feeling of progression of becoming more accurate
>>
>>339244383
How do you enchant items with effects like that?
I only know how to enchant some spells, such as levitation.
>>
Are there any mods at all that add more armor and or weapons? I love the game but the armor variety is killing me even with GOTY
>base game light armor goes from Chitin to Glass
>>
File: soda.png (855 KB, 868x652) Image search: [Google]
soda.png
855 KB, 868x652
>>339243896
>graphics overhaul and nothing else
>yeah I'm gonna mod the shit out of the charming early 00s low poly graphics and ignore the actually bad things like the combat and terrible RPG/progression system XD
I also love how bethesda's people make the rpg system simpler and simpler with each new TES because they have absolutely no idea how to unfuck it without removing half of the features
>>
>its really good if you ignore half the mechanics
>and install 2000 mods
Typical morrowcuck logic
This is why Bethesda still exists
>>
File: 1463408046830.jpg (23 KB, 312x316) Image search: [Google]
1463408046830.jpg
23 KB, 312x316
>>339246482
Oh, right, that's where I was unclear- I didn't mean that it wasn't essential to minmaxing; I meant that minmaxing isn't essential to new players
My apologies, serjo. Have some Best Girl.
>>
>>339243896
As bad as combat starts off once you hit level 20 the game becomes piss easy.

Not one thing is a challenge.Not even the guy that passes as a god is tough.He takes awhile but he can't beat you unless you take a nap.

The curve for combat was designed for a level cap of 20 in a game with a level cap far above it.

There is not one redeeming factor with the combat system.
>>
>>339246876
>rescale damage
Please, they did that in Oblivion and everything felt like a damage sponge even with higher stats
>>
>>339243896
Gonna buy Morrowind and Oblivion as a present for myself after I'm done with my finals so I'll have something to lose myslef in this summer like I did with Skyrim last year, hoping for some bargain bin prices on the steam sale
any general advice for mods? I already know about the overhaul mod
>>
Without minmaxing, how would you go about creating a trickster pure-wizard class? i.e., magics only, little to no direct-damage spells, more in the vein of charming/summoning/teleporting enemies away, something like that.
Did armor class affect spellcasting?
>>
>>339249228
You should totally just fuck the mods off & play totally vanilla, at least for your first playthrough. You have all summer right?
>>
>>339249545
This. At least for Morrowind.
>>
>>339244387
>reposting my screenshot
neat

And I love how much love morrowind is getting on /v/ the past couple of weeks.
>>
>>339248043
Yeah this kinda sucks. The beginning is terribly slow and pretty hard. Then I got a ton of gold after a couple of hours and put it all into training, so I pretty much skipped all of level 5-20 gameplay, while that actually is the sweet spot for difficulty of the game.
To really get the most out of it difficulty-wise you shouldn't use trainers for you major/minor skills that much.
Also not having half the wiki memorized helps.
>>
>>339244302
What's the hat like?
>>
>>339245109
>best armour class is clearly Medium
Lel it's easily the worst. The best unique armours are heavy then light and medium last.
>>
>>339252752
I hate how little variety there is in light armor. In the high end there's glass and THAT'S IT. And it looks kinda stupid to boot.
They should just have spread medium armor out over heavy and light and done away with the 3rd armor class.

Does anyone know some mods that add more armors? Could do with some more variety. Should be balanced though, not some retarded OP shit.
>>
>>339252990
>In the high end there's glass and THAT'S IT
Well, there's Savior's Hide
>>
>>339253138
Well yeah, I was talking about full sets. I already got the Saviour's Hide of course. But that's just a cuirass.
>>
>>339252752
The two best-looking sets in the game are both Medium armour (Indoril and Bonemold)
>>
>>339252752
But the best cuirass is medium. Anyway, you should level up all three armour skills and wear whatever you want.
>>
>>339253372
Kinda sucks that you'll incur the wrath of Indoril guards if you wear that set. Bonemold is admittedly pretty baller though.
>>
>not playing unarmored
>>
>>339254834
>tfw the kill-on-sight order triggers when you wear the cuirass or helm
>given both as a reward for a quest
Ugh. Still, you can avoid it by never getting into actual dialogue with an Ordinator - and even the gauntlets and pauldrons look cool.
Bonemold is still the best, though, especially for an asymmetrical look.

>>339255009
Monk can be pretty fun, but I think a mix of armour and unarmoured slots looks best.
>>
File: plebcheckjpg.jpg (130 KB, 602x600) Image search: [Google]
plebcheckjpg.jpg
130 KB, 602x600
>>339254834
Which version though
>>
>>339243896
So, what's everyone's favourite class name?

>>339255330
Gah-Julan with regular right pauldron a best.
>>
>>339247134
You have to have the spell with that effect.
>>
File: 1464135802214.jpg (149 KB, 1024x780) Image search: [Google]
1464135802214.jpg
149 KB, 1024x780
>>339253372
Also, king's guard armour from tribunal.
>>
>>339256092
>not protecting your sword arm
What are you doing, nigga
>>
Hey turn better faces off.
Better faces? More like better feces!
Because it makes them ugly.
>>
Man I miss playing this game.

Anyway, I know it's a very old game, like 14 years old now, but are there still any worthwhile mods? I remember visiting modding sites 4 years ago and finding pretty meh stuff.

I wouldn't mind stuff to make the game less clunky.
>>
HELP PLEASE!

I stopped playing morro because my strength and endurance were down 30 points. My character has no diseases yet I am still down all these points

HELP!!
>>
>>339244592
>Compelling

Low poly swamps and le randum XD brown giant mushrooms? That's compelling?
>>
>>339257683
Walk speed increase mods exist if you want to spend a little less time walking from place to place but anything more than 2x speed is overdoing it, really.
>>
>>339256974
But what if you want Al Pacino to be your superior in the legion?
>>
>>339258072
You fought a bonewalker and need to pray at temple or drink attribute restoration potion to restore your attributes.
>>
File: 1377461582150.jpg (271 KB, 744x1073) Image search: [Google]
1377461582150.jpg
271 KB, 744x1073
>>339258208
I know this is bait, but at least TRY, man. There's nothing random about the mushrooms in game. All of the architecture for each civilization is incredibly varying and unique from each other compared to later installments. You have the non-euclidean bio-mechanical structures of the Daedra, The brutalistic rune covered brass domes of the dwemer, the pyramid like cities dotting the coast, the telvanni fungi houses with deep root systems and rooms only accessible by levitation, the bone carved cities of the west and even traditional European style castles and villages if you're into traditional stuff. Although the graphics are primitive most of the sights in the game have yet to be paralleled. suitably enough the whole world in there is surreal and dreamlike in a manner I have yet to see mimicked even in the other elder scrolls games.
>>
>>339259646
why are you still replying to him you retard
>>
>>339258409
>But what if you want Al Pacino to be your superior in the legion?
Don't. Whether he's Michael Corleone or Tony Montana, it's sshitty to work for him either way.
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.