[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Blizzard makes a ton of money selling shit, but where does the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4
File: 58pBUIoE_400x400.png (196 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
58pBUIoE_400x400.png
196 KB, 400x400
Blizzard makes a ton of money selling shit, but where does the money go? Everything they make is just generic, casual and low effort crap. Where is the quality. Take overwatch for example, generic as fuck map designs, chars that were made by a 10 year old, dialogue and music practically non existent and the stuff that is actually there is so forgettable.

Why is this shit allowed, especially for a $60 game?
>>
>>339242793
>Blizzard makes a ton of money selling shit, but where does the money go?
Hookers and blow
>>
>>339242793
Production quality isn't the same as being good, I'm sorry to tell you that anon.

also
>$60 game
>consolecucks
>>
>$60 game
When will this meme end?
>>
>tfw i chargebacked their game after they told me i couldn't refund it

get fucked jews
>>
File: activision_55094.jpg (99 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
activision_55094.jpg
99 KB, 600x300
>>339242793
The gooks thought they could hoard the waifu market for themselves
>>
>>339242793
6.7/10 got me to reply

(you)
>>
>>339242902
60 for consoles, blizz was pushing the 60 version pretty hard too,

>>339244447
(you)
>>
>>339242902
>playing on consoles
Base game is 40 on mustard race.
>>
>>339242793
Overwatch got tons of depth and extreme polish and likable characters

I got no idea what you're talking about
>>
>>339242793
>but where does the money go?

into the titan disaster relief fund.
>>
>>339242793
To pay hundreds and thousands of shills on /v/
>>
Advertising. Lots and lots of advertising.
>>
Overmeme is bad gaem
Blizzcucks
>consolefags

Am I...am I doing it right? Does /v/ love me now? Tell me, I am too stupid to have a real opinion!
>>
>>339242793
It's was shilled like fuck.

But the game is dead in some weeks.
-It has a cash shop and therefore no good drops
-The user score is bad
-The whole game is made for kids
-It looks strange to see adults playing a kids game and don't be ashamed of them self don't doing something better with their life
-The twitch streamers are non existent (If you wouldn't count the top 10 of the twitch celebs, the game has not even 1 week after release as good as no viewers) and it seems that Blizzard uses view bots, to push their game
>>
It goes into paying for the rituals and material components needed to maintain the wards that keep Mark Kern from returning to the industry.

Your faith has failed of late, and so he has begun to return. The slaughter he will bring on his ebon wings will be unparalleled, and it will be your fault as he whispers his black words; "I don't like it, scrap it and change it by the deadline tomorrow"
>>
>>339245612
>It has a cash shop and therefore no good drops

I've got like 10 legendary skins so far and a smattering of epic drops, so has nearly everyone I've talked to.
>>
>>339245567
I honestly believe every Overwatch fan is a MMORPG/JRPG scubbadubdub who has never played anything remotely competitive in their lives.
>>
>>339245567
I think the real opinion around here is that it's an okay game which is getting boring quite fast
>>
File: KNaUU5g[1].png (107 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
KNaUU5g[1].png
107 KB, 500x500
i bought it (PCMR $40 version) and I kinda want my money back, rather spend that $40 on tf2 keys ffs
>>
>>339245612
spotted the /v/alvedrone cyka br poorfag
>>
>>339245826
Nah, you don't.

Stop lying.
>>
>>339243127
ok
>>
>>339245773
I played SC2 competitive. I dont see Overwatch as a real tournament-worthy game or anything like it, but it's a huge amount of (buzzword trigger warning) fun. I dont see it as more than it is, but it delivers what I hoped it would.
>>
>>339245612
I can hear your heavy breathing from here.
>>
>>339242793

Money gets spent on blockbuster movies.

:^)
>>
>>339242793
>60$
>console

Aside from how casual/badly balanced it is at this moment the game feels very rewarding and polished with almost no bugs.
>>
>>339246020
It could be tournament worthy with the insane team synergy and strats. Maybe not in an fps way but in the way a moba might be. The big change needs to be a higher tickrate.
>>
>>339246359
Custom game already runs at 60 ticks
>>
>>339246215
>badly balanced
>rewarding
explain how these work together
>>
>>339246538
Higher would be better
>>
>>339246538
Not good enough.
>>
>>339246686
TF2 comp is only at 64 ticks
>>
>>339246604
I mean how the game feels to play. Eveything works perfectly.

Guess saying that and 'polished' is pretty much the same, though.
>>
>>339242793
>Blizzard makes a ton of money selling shit, but where does the money go?

$170 million movie
>>
>>339246538

Wrong, it was confirmed custom servers get no preferential treatment compared to matchmaking so it's 20 tick everywhere.
>>
>>339246759
And? Overwatch has more problems than just getting shot behind walls sometimes.

Overwatch has more things tick rate effects than tf2.
>>
>>339246828
Why are you even lying? Literally just make a custom game and look at the tick rate.
>>
>>339246776
>blizzard personally financed the warcraft movie

so many people here just have no clue how shit works
>>
>>339246894

This, just like how the character design is pretty bad on paper, Blizzard just went and threw changes and features on without any thought, as long as it's another sentence someone can spout shilling the game.

Tracer is the scout from TF2 but CAN BLINK AROUND.
That'll definitely make people buy the game because THINGS YOU CAN DO.
And then they'll make more money by lowering tickrate on all the servers to way below par for an FPS. So the FPS gets diminished.
And then people try to blink with Tracer and the 20 tick fucks them raw so they rubberband back.

>>339247013

>Look at the tick rate
Someone did and you're a retard for not doing the research.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHO6Ky-w0UQ
>>
>>339242793
>another Overwatch bait thread
Jesus fuck, there is a place for you mongoloids it is called /vg/
>>
Overmeme did marketing right, and the release wasn't THAT over-fucking delayed, but now that it's out we'll see in a month how it does, if it continues to grow and get more content it's a huge succes probably.
>>
>>339247075
Did you even watch your own video?
>>
>>339247357

Yep, custom servers run on the same tick rate as matchmaking. Your argument proven wrong then.
>>
>>339245773
Why the fuck everyone is pushing this competitive meme ?
This game will never be competitive.
It's just a super fun game to play with friends.
>>
>>339242793
>where does the money go?
>Salary for staff is between 40 - 100k per head
>taxes
>server and other hardware costs
>advertising
Adds up quick famalam
>>
File: Untitled.png (342 KB, 843x521) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
342 KB, 843x521
>>339247439
Since April 5 bliz has added 60 ticks into custom game under the high bandwidth
>>
>>339247639

Because Blizzard themselves are pushing it, because the game is built around e-sports (PotG for a start).

It's also not built around fun, because you'd be allowed to get custom games playing a lot more easily than matchmaking and have some options to tweak the game, which Blizzard wants you doing nothing of the sort so they can control your progression and microtransaction abuse, in addition to preventing it's precious matchmaker from dying/slowing down and boring plebs.
>>
>>339247639
I don't mean competitive as in tournament, I mean competitive as player vs player. I don't feel like I'm playing against anyone human, like it's my team vs AI nearly every game.
>>
>>339247771

And that video was posted on 7th of May. Guess High Bandwidth isn't really of consequence then, which begs the question why the fuck isn't it default if it obviously doesn't cost anything?
>>
>>339247771

Great, all we need then is for Blizzard to turn off the matchmaker so everyone has to play custom games.
I mean, they got global chat for a reason right?
>>
This game really is forgettable and generic, music doesn't exist at all. A game like this should have an exciting soundtrack
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.