[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HD-remake when? I just want to experience this best Final Fantasy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6
HD-remake when?
I just want to experience this best Final Fantasy game again
>>
Just emulate the International version. Knowing SE, they'll outsource it to some chinks that will ruin everything anyways.
>>
>>339241163
I can't wait to see Vann get Tidusfied.
>>
>>339241065
>best FF
Bold statement but not far from the truth.

10 and 13 is cringe worthy as fuck.
>>
>remake
never

there's a chance at a HD remaster but no way in hell it's getting a remake
>>
File: SOR3wXK.png (287 KB, 496x472) Image search: [Google]
SOR3wXK.png
287 KB, 496x472
>>339241249
>Cringe worthy
>>
>>339241065
So experience it again right now. Why do you have to wait for a remake which you will pay for a second time?

What is WRONG with you?
>>
File: XouJZju[1].png (34 KB, 298x279) Image search: [Google]
XouJZju[1].png
34 KB, 298x279
>gabranth voice actor
>the voice acting generally
>this scene https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xF2sn-MuwX8
>>
>>339241065
Why did everyone hate the gambit system?
>>
>>339242607
people didn't realized they could turn it off
>>
>>339241065
Soon. SE's last financial report mentioned that they'd do more remasters.
>>
>>339242607
Idk I thought it was perfect for grinding
>>
File: shrugging reggie.png (312 KB, 425x320) Image search: [Google]
shrugging reggie.png
312 KB, 425x320
>>339242607
>"This game is stupid, it plays itself!"
>"So don't use Gambits, then."
>"I shouldn't not have to!"
>>
>>339241163
>Knowing SE, they'll outsource it to some chinks that will ruin everything anyways

This unfortunately. With XV about to come out and 7Remake(1,2,3) to get produced they ain't gonna spend time on a port more tha necessary.
Look how shitty they handled 10
>>
>>339241065
I wouldn't say it's the best, but it's far from the worst either (it's better than 8, 10 and 13 at the very least) and I'd love to play a HD remaster of the IZJS edition.
>>
>>339242607
I liked it.
Keep it on for lesser fights and take control during the harder ones.

However, the story was pretty dull. Perhaps I'm just not into politics in my FF games.
>>
>even if FFXII is released on newer consoles, it will still have the spell queue that only exists because PS2 hardware couldn't handle rendering multiple large spell animations simulatenously
>>
>>339243161
Either way the combat sucks shitdick.
>>
>>339243443
The characters were dull as well.
>>
>>339243493
Yeah.
I liked the basic idea of the main character not being the chosen one but just being along for the ride, but they didn't execute it that well.
>>
>>339243556
Honestly the rest of the characters weren't that better. The pirate guy and his bunnygirl sidekick were easily the dullest characters in the whole franchise. Granted I've only played the first dozen hours but they haven't given me reason to continue.
>>
>>339241065

Man I've tried to give that game a chance 3 times and I get so bored by the time you leave the starting town that I get this overwhelming empty feeling in the pit of my stomach and I want to die. It is just so fucking awful.
>>
>>339243661
Yeah it's probably the worst paced JRPG ever but it had a shitty development cycle. I won't hold it against the game.
>>
>>339243556
Spoilers: Vaan isn't the main character and the plot ceases to be driven by his actions after Bhujerba. It's all Ashe after that. She's the one who wants to travel to all the locations, she's the one who Vayne, Venat and Cid consider their opponent and is chosen as the occuria's champion against them, she's the one every important figure like Larsa, Ondore and Al-Cid appeal to and so on.
>>
>>339244490
>Vaan isn't the main character

every
single
fucking
thread

you can't let this go can't you. i come to 12 threads just to see you autists argue with each other
>>
>>339244547
But really though, Vaan is only the viewpoint character for maybe one fifth of the whole game.
>>
>>339244490
Trying to make a grand scale character driven JRPG is fucked from the start. Vaan wasn't even that big of a problem.
>>
gambits were a nice idea, but the game is boring and I say this as someone who considers FFT and Vagrant Story (both by Matsuno) as some of the best games ever made
>>
>>339242216
>le back reddit xd
>that'll show him i won the internet arguent ;)
>>
>>339244547
Literally the Great Gatsby of video games
>>
File: 1463847251098.jpg (686 KB, 1013x1433) Image search: [Google]
1463847251098.jpg
686 KB, 1013x1433
>>339243472
The amount of optimization that went into this game is crazy. The entire battle system is engineered to stress the PS2 just the right way and leave no room for bottlenecks to occur. It's actually pretty crazy. In today's environment, they would've just settled for constant frame rate drops instead.
>>
>>339244863
look, i'm not saying you're either right or wrong. I get why some people don't want to call him MC. But at the end of the day the dispute will always close with the most stupid and trivial consideration you could make.

>He's the MC because SQeenix said so

it doesn't matter you consider it a pov as much as you could say Sherlock Holmes it's just Watson story from Holmes POV.

They tried to do something "original" by putting a MC with no core which was, ultimately, a little helper. Nontheless, he's supposed to be MC
>>
>>339241163
Someday, maybe. I've still never made it past that Judge battle on that airship, and I really did love everything about this game before losing the disc.
>>
>>339244950
Keep the thread about XII pls.
>>
>>339241065
>best Final Fantasy game

So a gold medal covered in shit?
>>
>>339243481
rpg combat is almost never good
>>
>>339241065
I usually shit on the idea of remakes, but you know I might be willing to pay for this game again if they added a 3-player mode. The multi controller modes in previous FF games were pretty daft since only one player could ever make a move at any one time, it did not make for fun coop. But it would work really well in 12. Zoom the camera out a bit so everyone can move a reasonale distance away from the main character without going splitscreen, and Bob's your auntie.
>>
>>339243161

>2/3 of party does absolutely nothing
>>
>>339242607

muh slot limit is fucking stupid when the game is so dependent on the system.
>>
>>339245669
Anon, please don't tell me don't know you can switch between the party member you're controlling from the combat menu
>>
I just wait for the remake because it would be possible that a Vita release exists. For other things, there's emulation
>>
Why was the dialogue and the voice acting of FFXII top notch?
>>
>>339243161
>you can turn off gambits completely
>you can turn off certain gambits while leaving others on
>you can turn gambits off for one, two or all three characters
>people still whine

having options is too overwhelming for some, I guess
>>
>>339245853
They hired stage actors for the voice acting
>>
>>339245853
British voice actors are inherently superior to American ones.
>>
>>339245880
Stage actors are shite, usually. Though, I guess your average stage actors vs your average voice actors... yeah all right. A point for you.

But a point I would like to make is that good voice direction and other production things like re-lipsyncing can matter a lot. FF10 has some good voice actors but look how it turned out. The talent of the actors means nothing when they dance on the palm of a fool.
>>
>>339246174
I don't think Square usually gives a shit about dubbing.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.