[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This has got to be the most evil company in gaming. And if y
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 57
File: 23323423424234.jpg (97 KB, 2560x1476) Image search: [Google]
23323423424234.jpg
97 KB, 2560x1476
This has got to be the most evil company in gaming. And if you think about it it's a genius business strategy. They've weaponized internet fanboys and memes.

>Make a program that intentionally looks for and puts extra tessellation on the competition's cards AND on their own year old cards to force you to buy their newest one (Gameworks)
>When people like http://steamcommunity.com/app/379720/discussions/0/357286119108483396/ Find shit like a laptop running doom better than 2 fucking r9 295x's you get your fanboys to post memes about how the AMD cards must totly sux XD and ignore any proof of foul play
>Pay some people to post driver and house fire memes

They've almost got the monopoly they're hoping to get and once it's complete, get ready to shell out $600 MINIMUM to play ANYTHING at 60 fps.
>>
>>339240259
>get ready to shell out $600 MINIMUM to play ANYTHING at 60 fps.

I paid much much less for a bone and I play halo fine at 60 fps.

In fact, idiocies like this one on pc were what made me decide for a console, I will buy more probably.
>>
>>339240259
Improves graphics
>gimping
I love this meme
Sorry you can't afford a new card.
>>
>PCucks have to spend more than the cost of a console on a GPU every year if they don't want their GPUs gimped
>>
>>339240259
>intentionally looks for and puts extra tessellation on the competition's cards AND on their own year old cards
Got any proof of this?
>>
>>339241749
in crysis 2 they put a layer of water underneath the ground that you could never see with out noclip just to fuck with AMD
>>
The thing with doom was AMD's fault. They put out a driver to fix it. Said driver broke a whole lot of other shit while they were at it.

Not everything's the big bad green boogeyman's fault faggot.
>>
>>339240259
>Make a program that intentionally looks for and puts extra tessellation on the competition's cards
>gameworks
>installing gameworks with amd card
why anon? Are you retarded? You sound both underage and retarded.
>>
>>339240259
They won't go for a monopoly I think the number of regulatory costs you bear is far worse
>>
>>339241831
That's a Cryengine fault. That happens on every card because Crytek didn't bother putting in clipping for the water plane.
>>
>>339241831

Jesus Christ dude. By design, CryEngine uses a water volume across the entire map.
>>
>>339241978
Why are you stuttering so much.
Don't tell me you lost the controller to the vibrator again.
God fucking damnit
:/
>>
File: 1446190451122.gif (607 KB, 800x792) Image search: [Google]
1446190451122.gif
607 KB, 800x792
>>339241978
I'd totally use that.
>>
>>339241737
meanwhile consoles always get gimped no matter how much you pay
>>
>>339242740
How? The performance of a console stays the same all through its life. If anything, software updates make them slightly faster by the middle and end of their life.
>>
If AMD doesn't deliver this year I'm going to switch to the PS4 neo and stick with it. I'm not going to fall for the Nvidia meme again, got cucked with my 970 enough already.

>literally need to upgrade every year
>contraire to how it used to be you don't get improved performance for the same price in the next gen - you get slightly improved performance for a much higher price
>no used games
>no piracy thanks to denuvo
>mods rarely even happen and if they do, they're crippled as fuck and barebone at best

And yet some autists wonder why PC"gaming" isn't mainstream.
>>
>>339242807
>it's always shit quality so it's ok
>>
>>339242873
Show me a PC built with new parts AND a Windows licence for $350 or less that plays games better than a PS4.
>>
>>339242873
Console games look almost identical in most cases. Sure, you'll get some nicer shadows, AA and cuckwork on PC but it isn't really a better experience except for the framerate.
>>
File: 1462434356530.jpg (50 KB, 520x480) Image search: [Google]
1462434356530.jpg
50 KB, 520x480
>all these anons who don't know of or have forgotten about the crysis 2 and witcher 3 performance gimping
>>
>>339242807

M8, the performance stays the same but the graphics get shittier as we make more improvements with the current shader version. Buying a console is like saying "I want to buy a computer, but only enjoy a game at 50% of it's completion." Also, smaller game servers near the ending days of a console meanwhile my PC will always have the same 32vs32, ect.
>>
>>339242832
>I'm going to switch to the PS4 neo and stick with it.

That is my plan aswell. PC gets literally no worthwhile games I can't currently play so instead of upgrading I'll buy a console too - probably PS4 because Sony always had more games I was interested in than competition.
>>
>NVIDIA VRWorks can improve game performance by over 100 percent
>developers shouldn't use it because "It doesn't support AMD :^("

Explain how this makes sense.
>>
>>339243057
Do Nvidia paying devs to include a bunch of barely noticeable, but very taxing, effects in games to make their older cards and the competition's cards perform worse is a feature you're saying?
>>
>>339243028
>crysis 2 and witcher 3 performance gimping
Explain.
>>
File: pc cheap.png (98 KB, 1186x682) Image search: [Google]
pc cheap.png
98 KB, 1186x682
>>339242950
>let's count the OS on PC but not the PS plus price on PS4
>>
>>339241978
Honestly anon, that guy is living the fucking dream right there.

I'd give my left nut to have that and the free time to use it.
>>
DON'T FALL FOR THE NVIDIA GEFORCE MEME
I BOUGHT ONE AND NOW MY COMPUTER RUNS FOR ONLY 10 MINUTES BEFORE LOSING MONITOR SIGNAL
IT'S FUCKING BULLSHIT
>>
>>339243175
Devs improve graphics in their games.
>B-but they are unnecessary! I don't even like graphics anyway.

Sorry you can't keep up with the march of progress.
>>
>>339243181
a shit ton of tessellation was added INSIDE of random objects in crysis 2 to tank framerates and scores in benchmarks for AMD gpus

Witcher 3 ran notoriously terribly on 700 series nvidia cards (780ti having around the same performance as a 960) completely intentionally in order to get as many people to switch to newer cards as possible
>>
>>339242832
>>339243084

Why don't you have one already though? Seriously consoles are like 300 bucks and most people I know have a PC but still have a consoles in the lounge.

Its literally a few hundred dollars. Hardly a hit in the wallet
>>
>>339243198
>let's count the OS on PC but not the PS plus price on PS4

>OS is mandatory to play the games on PC
>don't even mention shitty linux meme OS with 5 games
>PSplus is only required for multiplayer
>you can play games without it
>>
>>339243431
You are talking to literal children. They allready cashed in all their goodboy points.
>>
>>339243198
You don't need PS+ to play offline on a PS. You DO need an OS to play games on PC, and everybody uses Windows because Linux doesn't have many games yet. The price of a monitor, mouse, and keyboard should be included with the PC too, most people don't have those lying around and need to buy them if they get into PC gaming. Most people already have TVs and only need to buy the console to get into console gaming. By the time you have an actually equal cost PC gaming setup, it will be console quality or more likely, worse.
>>
>>339241949
>They put out a driver to fix it
It's still not a full 100% fix because it still runs OGL 4.3, while Nvidia cards run OGL 4.5, despite the fact ALL cards ran 4.5 in the beta. There has to be some corporate bullshit behind that one
>>
>>339243431
Well, in my case my PC still can run new games on acceptable graphics. Plus I am also waiting for how current rumors about better version of PS4 will turn out. And also, I probably buy PS4 for christmas.
>>
>>339243320
>yes goys, you need to render all this wager under the level, that's just progress!
>>
>Getting salty over Gaymworks

Not going to matter in the future given that all console ports will be optimized for AMD architecture and when more than a handful of dx12/vulkan titles are developed with any sort of competence
>>
> Purposely acting retarded
>>
>>339243198
1. that's a quad core, ps4 has an 8 core
2. that's 4gb ram, ps4 has 8
3. that pc doesn't have a bluray drive, ps4 has

What's the advantage?
>>
>>339243313
>Have a 980ti
>never once lost signal
Either your monitors need to be replaced, your cables are broken, or you don't know how to actually use a computer.
>>
>>339243198
toasterfags are the worst. stick to consoles at that price
>>
>>339243198
>no keyboard
>no mouse
>no headphones
Sure thing famila.
>>
>>339243401
source please.
>>
>>339243164
>improves game performance
Except it does nothing but, even with Nvidia GPUs. It is literally a method of pushing obsolescence of previous GPU generations.
>>
>>339243401
The tessellation in Crysis 2 was shoehorned in for the DX11 mode and tanked for everyone because it was a bad implementation that added detail everywhere regardless of whether or not it needed it. This got fixed in later version of the engine with the addition of proper displacement and PN triangle tessellation.

Nearly every time I hear about someone crying about AMD being intentionally gimped by developers, it always comes back to tessellation. Considering that AMD was the first on the market to support tessellation only to drop the ball immediately after means that AMD fucked up, not that the competition is fucking them over.
>>
>>339243917
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYL07c74Jr4

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/36namy/psa_nvidia_tanking_witcher_3_performance_on/
>>
>>339242832
I don't really have any desire to play new releases on PC. I have barely any friends on there because they're all console plebs so dead multilayer is irrelevant. I just keep my now old PC to play a bunch of strategy games and no new ones worth playing look set to be released.
>>
>>339243813
Ps4 doesn't really have an 8 core.
>>
>>339243956
>Except it does nothing but, even with Nvidia GPUs.
VRWorks does. The entire purpose of it is improving performance.

https://developer.nvidia.com/vrworks
>>
>>339240259
>polaris still not out
>goalposts moved several times, from flagship to Tonga replacement
>launch only on 29th of June
>rumors are nebulous
>AMD almost two months late as usual
Hmm, could this be early damage control?
>>
>>339244083
>>339243917
i have a gtx 780 and can more or less confirm the performance was dog shit

but only when hairworks was enabled, pretty much.
>>
>>339243587

Clearly it must be nvidia at fault, when they had little involvement with it. Couldn't possibly be AMD's notoriously shitty history with opengl, that would mean they made a mistake, no it has to be a conspiracy theory.
>>
>>339240259

This has got to be the most evil company in gaming. And if you think about it it's a genius business strategy. They've weaponized internet fanboys and memes.

>Make budget-tier GPUs that always perform worse than in tests and never work on good drivers for them so they are unreliable as fuck
>When people notice have your drones cite that you are the underdog and that people should buy your cards just to avoid a monopoly instead of their own merit
>Never improve one bit so instead make money on consoles, no need to pay people to post housefire and gameworks memes because the the general dissatisfaction people have with your cards will make sure they will loudly try to justify their purchases anyway

They've never even got close to a monopoly because they always just get around on being the only alternative, and never improve their work at all, outsource half of it to indians (which then got hacked) and slap together the rest twice a year.
>>
>>339244181
AMD has a press event at computex 1st of june.

Why bother with rumors and speculation when they are themselves handing out the information to come literally in a few days.

Polaris is going to be shit from what I know so far, they got their big money at vega that's set for october.
1080ti wont have HBM2, vega will
>>
>>339243813
The PS4 only has 7 usable cores actually, one is reserved for the operating system and prior to a recent software update another core was outright disabled.

Additionally only 5GB of GDDR5 are available as again, some is reserved for the operating system and that 5GB pool is shared between the system and graphics processor.
>>
>>339243974
>Considering that AMD was the first on the market to support tessellation only to drop the ball immediately after means that AMD fucked up, not that the competition is fucking them over.

what's the good faith basis for nearly invisible tesselation on roadblocks and literally invisible tesselation on water running under the gameworld in crysis 2? it didn't improve the visual aesthetic of the game one iota so it's a bit confusing.
>>
>>339244181
>contranian faggot
>everything is shilling
This place is beyond hope
>>
>>339241978
That reminds me of a thread I saw on /g/ not long ago about how some guy wanted to buy a hospital bed so he had an adjustable backrest.
>>
>>339243813
60Fps, modding, emulating
>>
>>339244403
>what's the good faith basis for nearly invisible tesselation on roadblocks and literally invisible tesselation on water running under the gameworld in crysis 2?
Indifference. Someone decided to crank up the tessellation on a few objects, and no one on the dev team gave a shit about how it affected performance.
>>
>>339244403
>what's the good faith basis for nearly invisible tesselation on roadblocks and literally invisible tesselation on water running under the gameworld in crysis 2? it didn't improve the visual aesthetic of the game one iota so it's a bit confusing.

Because you need the latest nVidia Ultra Mega Gaming Cancer 9000 Edition Titan SLi â„¢ to get the true gaming experience, ignoring the fact that the game is barely an upgrade from the first one and all the zones are on a much smaller (enclosed) scale.

Fuck nvidia and the clowns that defend them.
>>
What shit about Nvidia is they seem to rarely improve the performance of their last gen card overtime, they only optimize their API calls only for newer cards when it comes to upcoming game that has Nvidia partnership or so the new cards would look good on the benchmarks and brag about the 2x gains but they simply just ignore the support previous cards when the truth is they can really push the performance of the last gen cards further.
>>
>>339243460
>OS is mandatory
Paying for it isn't. I don't know a single person who has payed for Windows since 95.
>>
>>339244403
>good faith basis
It's poor programming, nothing more. The water is because they didn't add clipping for the water plane so it continues to be rendered inside of objects. The bad tessellation is because they slapped a simple phong tessellation technique on any object that had material support for it and called it a day.

Crysis 2 doesn't even use Gameworks, just the regular DX11 API. The fact that nVidia cards run such a hack job implementation just fine when AMD shits the bed means that AMDs support for DX11 was terrible.
>>
>>339244594
That sounds like the dev fucked up to me.
>>
>>339241831
I'm sorry mate, but how is it Nvidias fault that Crytek coded is so their water planed would fill the entire level and not remove it when you couldn't see it. Is it Nvidias fault because the devs don't know how to use the technology?
>>
>>339244883
xDDD
>>
>>339241749
Nvidia driver 314.22 lets me play Dark Souls III 720p on 40-60FPS. With GTX 560 (non-ti)

They shit all over support of their old cards
>>
File: 113468_back.jpg (137 KB, 640x904) Image search: [Google]
113468_back.jpg
137 KB, 640x904
>>339244789
>>339244907
You're talking about seasoned programmers working on a multi-million dollar project, if you think the tessellation Crysis 2 fiasco was anything other than an intentional you're delusional.

I'm also sure the nvidia logo on the box and the "the way its meant to be played" splash screen was included purely by accident as well.
>>
I wish fanboys of all kinds would just cease to exist. I don't have a strong opinion on either Nvidia or AMD but if either of them fall too much behind then I might as well get a new hobby because I will not be able to afford the hardware to keep up with the requirements.
>>
>>339245068
>I'm also sure the nvidia logo on the box and the "the way its meant to be played" splash screen was included purely by accident as well.
that's the nature of competition, m8
>>
I don't care about AMD fanboys, but GameWorks effects looks pretty good imo, the latest Nvidia Flameworks iteration looks the same as FumeFX but can be done in real time desu.
At this rate we're going to get Pixar quality in games in real time, we are already pretty close thanks to photo realistic textures and geometry but lighting and effects particles are still a long way to go but GameWorks is closing the gap pretty fast.

I don't give a shit if it tanks FPS in your old card with outdated tech.

Pushing towards it is a good thing for everybody it means AMD/Nvidia will have to design cards than can do the effects with low performance impact.
>>
>price of PS4 is 400€
>you need PS plus to play online and the console will probably last for atleast 5 years so that's 250€
>PS4 Neo will be 400-600€
>atleast 1000€ for one gen, meanwhile a PC built in like 2013 will last for 6 years easy
#4thegamers
>>
>>339240259
Who. The fuck. Cares.

You know other companies with near monopolies? Coca Cola. Microsoft. Kleenex. I don't see your vag bleeding over them.

A monopoly pretty much never means jacked up prices. That hasn't been true in a century. Capitalism 101 and remedial economics, nigger.

You know how they got there? Having the superior product. Period. I went AMD once and only once. The drivers were shit and EVERY game had some kind of issue. Ended up giving it to my friend and buying my current card.

If AMD wants to compete they need to make things easier. And build a product that doesn't shit the bed every time you load a game.
>>
Isn't it fantastic how we in PC games can adjust settings to run games at our own desired level of fidelity.
The point about having to constantly upgrading your gpu is false.
>>
File: 1418133239576.png (26 KB, 193x194) Image search: [Google]
1418133239576.png
26 KB, 193x194
>>339245337
>A monopoly pretty much never means jacked up prices.

This is what NVidiots actually believe
>>
>>339245145
I just think that it isn't too far fetched to assume that they intentionally added absurd amounts tessellation in order to make their cards perform better in stress tests, even if this meant sacrificing their lower / mid range.

>>339245337
>sabotage your competition by throwing money at developers which in turn clog up their games with shit like Hair / Flameworks.
>superior product
>muh drivers

https://youtu.be/zsjmLNZtvxk

>A monopoly pretty much never means jacked up prices

Contemplate your life.
>>
>>339240259
>They've almost got the monopoly they're hoping to get and once it's complete

If you knew anything about how the world really works beyond your conspiracy hashtags and meme tumblrs you know that a bona fide monopoly is nothing any company wants because it's the quickest way into forced divestiture on anti-trust grounds.

Nvidia is desperate to keep AMD going they'll financially support them whenever they're in really deep trouble. The second AMD is gone nvidia will be crushed as well, they need AMD as an "eternal second" to keep the balance with nvidia being the dominant force without being a monopoly.

Why do you think they resort to subterfuge to instead of relying on straightforward market dominance strategies?
>>
>>339245068
>seasoned programmers
Cryengine is technically impressive, it did a lot of things that other engines weren't even thinking of doing but the one major thing that Cryengine has never been is optimized. They push to be the first to do something, they never push to be the first to do it efficiently. You never near about Cryengine being the fastest or the most scalable or even the most flexible engine, hell you couldn't even make your own custom material shaders in CE2 for a long, long time because it was all a hard coded part of the engine. The tessellation fiasco was not intentional but it was lazy because it was part of the DX11 patch that was added in after the games release that was made simple to have support for it done, not done well.

And the nVidia logo means shit. AMD teams ups with devs for their games and slap their little logo and splash screen on them too and those titles still perform better on the competitors cards.
>>
>>339245337
>A monopoly pretty much never means jacked up prices.

Internet service providers in the American south and Midwest would like a word with you.

Particularly cable providers like Time Warner Cable (Now Charter).
>>
there is a general lack of context in some posts.

I'm not saying it's entirely malicious or pre planned, but this is generally how an unfair advantage takes place.

NVdia team up early in development as a sponsor, NV sponsorship generally involves "donating" cards for development machines, and providing beta drivers with game specific optimizations during development, thus adding to developers not noticing terrible optimization paths on their side, this usually results in the game itself being terribly optimized in general,

these optimized NV drivers are generally on end users machines before the game releases.

whereas on release the AMD cards, runs the game without any optimizations on launch, and have to hurry to release a driver patch, to make the game a nicer and comparable experience.

it happens to a lesser extent in reverse too.

The big thing to realize about this entire situation is it's fucking retarded, game developers (sometimes unknowingly) rely on AMD and NVIDIA to optimize their fucking games on PC, instead of doing so themselves..

DX12 and Vulkan remedy this, because by design, the driver is a mere shim, and basically can't optimize, the developer has all the control, and responsibility.

and yes, nvidia gameworks is a closed source SDK optimized heavily on Nvidia hardware and architecture, it definitely reeks of foul play, in the sense that in some cases short of reverse engineering shaders on a game by game basis and creating optimizations it's difficult for AMD to optimize some gameworks games, in many cases within 3 months there is general parity between vendors. but that interim AMD gets slammed, and it is unfair.

P.S. I've personally worked on and owned PCs with both vendors, and don't have a strong preference, however ethically Nvidia are pretty shady, i don't think it's even a contentious fact

btw AMD has a gameworks analogue and it's opensource. not as robust yet but it's open

worth noting, UE4 and unity5 will have DX12/Vulkan
>>
>>339246043
P. much this. Even if it weren't NVIDIA sponsored games, they still put much more effort into their drivers writing game-specific code to optimize it. They will literally rewrite shaders to run better on their hardware. Also, DX12 makes it easier for developers to optimize themselves, but we'll still see improvements made by drivers.
>>
>>339245003
>5 year old card
>expecting support, and even performance
shiggy
>>
>>339244083

What a lovely video.

And there are people in the world who keep saying that there's NOTHING WRONG with monopolies because the "small time innovators" will always have a chance to come up with something better.

Jesus fucking christ people are retarded...
>>
>>339246589
it's not too much to expect to not have your performance actively sabotaged by new driver releases
>>
>>339246696
>>339245003

are you being ironically retarded? or?

560ti was released almost 6 years ago. das3 was released 2 months ago.
>>
>>339246910
What does this have to do with anything
>>
>>339246043
DX12 can go fuck off as long as they plan on using it to market windows 10, desu.
>>
>>339244167
>>339243956
>>339243164
Isn't VRWorks going to be open source anyways?
>>
>>339246978
because that one nigger expected his 5 year old gpu to be able to display a brand-new game at 1080p/60fps apparently, and said it's purely nvidia's fault that his gpu doesn't because they stop supporting old cards
>>
>>339241585
>implying

>>339241749
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7fA_JC_R5s this video does a pretty good job showing it off.
>>
File: 860k_960.png (87 KB, 1360x625) Image search: [Google]
860k_960.png
87 KB, 1360x625
>>339242950
>>339243198
>>339243460
>>339243570
Windows can be put on a PC without paying for it, and that can be run indefinitely, legally. For more information, "Windows 7 infinite rearm".

>>339243813
PS4's CPU is 1.6GHz. You don't really get to do direct piece comparisons, as the performance is clear. Games that play on mostly Ultra settings on PCs like this, which includes Witcher 3 and GTA V, don't on consoles.

>>339243904
M+KB is less than $15.

>>339243021
No. 1/2

>>339241737
>>339242832
>need to upgrade every year
Is that why a 750ti performs as well as a PS4? Is that why the consoles have replacements announced already? This GTX 960 PC blows consoles the fuck out.

https://youtu.be/ECxgUTTMdFs

https://youtu.be/LK5SaoWsEYs
>>
File: 13779131379.jpg (3 MB, 2560x2880) Image search: [Google]
13779131379.jpg
3 MB, 2560x2880
>>339247469
>>
>>339246470
very true, it's also worth noting Nvidia and AMD's GPU division have a huge employee/engineer disparity, so manpower is an issue on AMDs side, don't know the logistics and behind the ATi acquisition and merger, but I ponder if ATi was still ATi how it would have gone.

Part of AMD's motivation was getting experienced GPU engineers in on designing it's APU line, which by and large slaughter Intels intergrated graphics especially at price parity chips. (intel CPUs still being quite a margin ahead in general though of course). and while using the same GCN architecture, consoles are SOCs not discrete GPUs.

in hindsight, seems like AMD are spread pretty thin, whereas NV just focuses almost solely on discrete GPUs, drivers and SDK software (and their mobile line..that no one will license. lulz)

also one of AMDs new strategies is teaming up as an alternate vendor in the laptop space, which has only become viable with their new focus on lower TDP in the polaris line, so desktop GPUs still aren't their primary focus...

the new enthusiast tiers launch next year with HBMv2, be interesting to see how that goes (GDDR5X kinda hinders one aspect HBM in general offered in terms of throughput. but size is a huge gain with HBM, so if they use the same chip space for new lower nm process chips O: it'll be a pretty significant push for desktop graphics.

should be interesting to see both vendors HBM2 offerings next year
>>
File: amd market share.png (132 KB, 792x432) Image search: [Google]
amd market share.png
132 KB, 792x432
>>339247587
http://www.techpowerup.com/214365/amd-now-almost-worth-a-quarter-of-what-it-paid-for-ati

It happens.
>>
>>339247171
totally agree, win10 can go fuck itself, and already the first win10 games are being slaughtered in reviews, my local PC gaming mag gave quantum break 6/10 citing all the win10 and UWP bugs and issues as reason enough, if this was DX12s launch it's floundering big time, which is good for everyone else. win7, linux even winXP can run vulkan nuf'said

also Nvidia's press event for the 1080 and 1070, they showcased vulkan, but didn't mention DX12 once.... lol
>>
>>339247173
Yep, some find it surprisingly, but to be honest, if it wasn't open no developer would really use it..
>>
>>339247918
By the time any games come out that actually use dx12 it will be 2017 and the 1000 series cards will be depreciated anyway.
>>
File: image.gif (499 KB, 267x200) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
499 KB, 267x200
I don't get all the retards who talk about having to "pay $600 to upgrade your rig every single year"
I've been using my 280x and i5 3570K rig since 2013 and even if I upgrade my GPU when the 1070 comes out I'll still have the same processor, RAM, and SSD running for several years
>>
>>339240259
>intentionally looks for and puts extra tessellation on the competition's cards
You have no fucking idea what you're talking about
>>
>>339247469
>Seagate
This is practically admitting PCs that cost the same amount as consoles are of lower quality than consoles. And the Windows 7 to 10 thing is only a temporary thing. If I'm in the sub $400 price range, there's really no reason for me to not go for the console because it has exclusives and doesn't have to deal with the driver fiascos PCs have every time a new GPU generation comes out.

t. Idort
>>
>>339240259
>This has got to be the most evil company in gaming.

That actually sounds like standard American business practices, OP
>>
>>339248476
Maybe you shouldn't buy anything then and save up a little more cash, because a higher initial cost goes a longer way down the line. And I've had two Barracudas in my system for tree years and they're still working great.
>>
>>339248724
https://www.backblaze.com/b2/hard-drive-test-data.html
>>
>>339248803
>shows a graph where literally all storage companies have a huge failure rate
That's not even relevant anymore. There was a batch of drives that had shitty failure rates. It happens, just like the 360 had the same.
>>
>>339247469
>320GB HDD
why
>>
>>339248803
>tfw my western digital hard drive from 2005 finally died last week
>>
>>339248894
>not even relevant anymore
>May 17th, 2016
Okay.
>>
>>339248803
Nobody buys 4TB Seagate drives. Anything above 2 is for mass storage so people go with WD Reds or Greens or various Hitachi drives of course.
>>
>>339248904
>PS4 instead of a similarly priced PC that outperforms it by literal Teraflops
Why.

>analog stick controllers instead of trackballs and mice

>>339248956
So, where are the drives under 2 TB? Checkmate.
>>
>>339248476
>muh 400 dollars for a console

You always forget to mention 60 dollars per game + subscription so you can play online
>>
>>339241585

>improving

yeah sure, arkham knight looks even shittier on pc than consoles

the most pathetic thing is that they were advertising that piece of shit port on all the nvidia related sites

it fucking sucks
>>
>>339248904
Because you can't build a PC with off the shelf parts with the same specs as a PS4 for the same price as a PS4. You have to make sacrifices on things like storage to get a better GPU.
>>
File: PC.png (751 KB, 904x516) Image search: [Google]
PC.png
751 KB, 904x516
>>339249240
>>
>>339249302 >>339247469 >>339247528
>damage control
>>
>>339243431

wel yes the consoles cost only 300 but I have to pay like 100bucks for every game that comes out, fuck that
>>
File: used_wPSU.png (187 KB, 721x608) Image search: [Google]
used_wPSU.png
187 KB, 721x608
>>
>>339249302
Again the initial cost is higher, nobody's trying to hide that fact, but when you get a superior system that you can still use to do things like shitpost on 4chan, and one whose cost will go equal witha console after a while, it's well worth it for anyone that's not just "doing what's modt convenient" aka settling for shit
>>
>>339249240
It's not though. $60 is only for new games, they go down in price over time and you can get used games cheaper as well, and sales exist as well. And you don't have to subscribe to Xbox Live or PS+, I've gone without it for a while on my console. And while it is shitty and I wish they didn't require it, GwG at least gives me more than $60 worth of games I actually play every year.
>>
>>339249521
If you don't get the year sub, you're most likely paying much more than $60.

That cost should be included anyway because online, especially 4chan, Twitch, Youtube, online games, ordering groceries from Amazon, etc.. -- that's all really valuable. What's more prevalent, playing multiplayer games and posting on 4chan or playing SP games on PS4?
>>
>>339249362
It's not damage control. At $350, the PS4 has a larger hard drive than the $377 PC posted. It's just a fact that to build a PC for the same price as a console, without even including an OS, you have to make some of the very same sacrifices console makers do to get the price so low.
>>
>>339249730
Storage space is irrelevant to performance.
>>
>>339247765
Someone needs to buy the graphics devision out of AMD hands.
>>
File: owns htc vive.png (656 KB, 682x661) Image search: [Google]
owns htc vive.png
656 KB, 682x661
>>339249806
>tfw Samsung buys AMD and HTC
>>
>>339249708
I've always gotten live on sale for less than $60 a year. Normally they have promotions around the holiday season where you get a discount on gold if you buy it with a game or something.

And it's not like console players don't have PCs that can't do what you're saying either. They typically do, you don't need a high end PC to shitpost on 4chan. They use the money they save on not buying a high end gaming PC to get a console. It's not a bad trade off if you want a laptop computer instead of a desktop computer for gaming.

I have a gaming PC and a console, I have the PC because I have the money for a better experience. I'm not going to pretend gaming on a toaster is better than a console though.

>>339249781
But it is not irrelevant to your gaming experience. You need space to store your games, people can easily fill a 320gb hard drive.
>>
>>339249267
Shitty pajeet contractors make shitty port.
Somehow Nvidia is to blame for this.
>>
>nvidia develops new technology
>AMD fags get mad they can't use it properly
>AMD makes shitty knock-off version of said technology
>Makes it open-source so AMD fags think they're the good guys
Every time
>>
>>339250035
>buy both pc and a console when on low budget

Great idea, better not invest those 400 dollars for a better pc that does everyting.
>>
>>339250210
But if they do that, they're stuck with a desktop when they want a laptop. Gaming laptops are even more expensive and less portable than regular laptops. This is a common situation that a lot of people find themselves in, which is why consoles are so popular. And for people in this situation, they likely already have a TV but not a computer monitor, so they see consoles as an even better value because they don't have to spend an extra $100 (or more) just to be able to display their games on something.
>>
File: used_storage.png (140 KB, 695x361) Image search: [Google]
used_storage.png
140 KB, 695x361
>>339250035
It's 180GB. You can get that and more on ebay for really cheap.

Just as well, >>339250210

>>339250489
If they're getting a laptop, that has no relevance to a PC vs. console discussion. They would get it anyway. The best idea is still getting a PC and a used laptop. Gen 2-3 i7s are like $100, and they can still play games.

>they likely already have a TV but not a computer monitor
Oh, so I can report this for shitposting? Because TVs and monitors have the same input methods.. but PCs have more options for compatibility: VGA and DVI instead of just HDMI. Let me know.
>>
>>339240259

> Spends millions developing new technology.

> Doesn't give it away for free.

Gee, what dicks.
>>
File: cronusmax.png (588 KB, 1384x706) Image search: [Google]
cronusmax.png
588 KB, 1384x706
>>339250713
>play on console
>any competitive shooter can have some shitter coming in and playing on a mouse and keyboard for the price of a game
>>
tfw

>consoles can never make you money unless you sell it

>pc can be used to make money,
>>
>>339241737
Oh so we're down to "every year" now? Is the next one gonna be "every six months"? Also what is the price of a rig again? Were we at $2000 or has it increased as well?

Fucking moron
>>
I agree.

They're intelligent, nihilistic, and have a wicked sense of humour.
>>
>>339245597
>I just think that it isn't too far fetched to assume that they intentionally added absurd amounts tessellation in order to make their cards perform better in stress tests, even if this meant sacrificing their lower / mid range.
It is a possibility. The risk for nvidia is big backlash, if story proven to be true
>>
>>339245597
>I just think that it isn't too far fetched to assume that they intentionally added absurd amounts tessellation in order to make their cards perform better in stress tests

And that is why nobody pays you to think.
>>
>>339241585
AMD hair tech looks better and doesn't cost 10 FPS on Nvidia's hardware.
>>
>>339240259
>Find shit like a laptop running doom better than 2 fucking r9 295x's

Wut. I run that shit maxed out between 60-140 fps on a single 290.

>>339241978
Fuck off sonypleb.
>>
>>339240259
>AMD doens't support newer OpenGL
>this is Nvidia's fault
>>
File: AMD-NVIDIA performance.png (51 KB, 522x683) Image search: [Google]
AMD-NVIDIA performance.png
51 KB, 522x683
>>339241585
kek
>>
>>339243164
If you have a Nvidia card and use bloat like that and the "Nvidia Experience" crap, you only got yourself to blame. That crap won't improve performance, quite the contrary.
>>
>>339250190
get fucked, a lot of shit first appeared from ATi/AMD, whether tessellation or hair (tressFX) but they didn't throw massive marketing and wads of sponsorship around, so barely anyone paid attention, AMD have been open for years, backing the advanced physics library Bullet, which is just as capable as havok or physX as an APi, and even has some impressive OpenCL GPU acceleration.

>AMD develops technologyy
>fails to get developers or gamers captivated and therefor doesn't go very far with
>Nvidia Rehashes said technology but makes it closed and proprietary and markets the shit out of it, and actively sponsors developers and convinces them it's a win-win and going to be less effort for them than any other option
>AMD tries discouraging closed by making all it's previous things that weren't open and making open alternatives to things nvidia did do first

besides many other aspects that make them objectively less cunty, gr8 b8 m8
>>
File: amd_raja_koduri.jpg (66 KB, 670x353) Image search: [Google]
amd_raja_koduri.jpg
66 KB, 670x353
This is Pajeet. Pajeet live on designated shitting street. But Pajeet also head of AMD research! Pajeet make great cheap card.
>>
>>339250713
If you don't buy a monitor and just use your TV for your PC, that'd just a shitty experience that nobody wants for when they're not gaming. First of all, you're going to have to buy something like a corsair lapdog ($120) to even be able to comfortable use a mouse and keyboard on your couch. Secondly you've sacrificed the ability to use headphones with your computer, unless you buy some some sort of adapter or expensive wireless headphones. And using a TV to do heavy text reading is a bad experience as well.

You are making so many sacrifices on the PC just to make it compete with consoles at the same price point that you are turning the PC into a machine so gimped it might as well be a console. And when you've done that, you might as well get a console because they don't get fucked over by driver updates, they have an OS/UI optimized for TV use, they have exclusive games (the PC has its own exclusives too, so I guess that just depends on which exclusives you prefer), the just werksâ„¢ factor in general on consoles is more appealing to normies, and a lot of the times it's what people's friends have so they can game together online.
>>
>>339251626
where does this even come from? on linux even a 5 year old AMD card supports OpenGL 4.5 is it that doom thing?
>>
File: 1417523654772.jpg (63 KB, 480x600) Image search: [Google]
1417523654772.jpg
63 KB, 480x600
I've owned 2 Nvidia cards and 1 AMD card.

The first GPU I ever owned was a 9600GT which cost me around 130 dollars in my country at the time. It usually got very hot around 75 degrees and died after only 7 months.

The second GPU I owned was a Gigabyte HD 6850 1gb from ATI/AMD. This was the best purchase I ever made at the time. It ran anything 60 fps medium/high settings @ 1080p and lasted me for 4.5 years before being replaced. It still works to this day. It also never went above 70 degrees in any game I played. it would always be 55-65 degrees full load. Beautiful card.

The third and current GPU I own is a EVGA SC GTX 770 which I made the fatal error of paying full for in 2015 mere weeks before the 970 released. This current card I have has struggled to play games @ 1080p like The Witcher 3 and some other games. It also in every game gets very hot @ 75-83 degrees all the time. I've had it for around 18 months.

I noticed very little difference between AMD and Nvidia from my experience. The next card I'll be buying come Polaris is probably a Gigabyte R9 480 which will be the equivalent of a GTX 980ti for a lower price, well according to what AMD is saying.

All in all GPUs are just hardware to make your game run smoothly. Don't overthink them. Sure some shady stuff goes on, sure one competitor might beat another for awhile, but at the end of the day those 60-120 frames and cool temps are all that matters.
>>
>>339251658
Yes, This is because amd's drivers are garbage, and years after thier cards come out they are still working on optimizations that should have been there in the first place, the performance of the Nvidia card does not change, the amd cards just finally get drivers that don't blow ass 2-3 years after the cards are first released.
>>
wasn't anyone here ever told by their parents that 2 wrongs don't make a right?
flinging shit back and forth doesn't make you mature, retaliating against console or PC, whatever "side" you think you're on doesn't make you less immature than the other side.

it's called grow up, stop having passionate debates over middle school fuckery.
>>
File: 1435907175731.jpg (13 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1435907175731.jpg
13 KB, 499x499
>>339251957
>Gigabyte R9 480 which will be the equivalent of a GTX 980ti
>>
>>339251983
>Shit driver meme
You do know this hasn't been the case the last few years, right? It's actually the NVIDIA OPTIMIZED games that have been running like shite NVIDIA cards while they worked fine on AMD cards.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (102 KB, 971x572) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
102 KB, 971x572
>>339251923
It's completely, exclusively a hardware/driver issue. AMD a shit.
http://www.amd.com/en-gb/products/graphics/desktop/r9
>>
>>339252231
^this
>>
>>339243057
>as the graphics get shittier
are you fucking retarded? look at games from the beginning of consoles being a thing. NES games looked damn near SNES (with fewer colours) by the end of the NES cycle. Then the SNES, near the end of that we were getting 3D games that looked like early n64 games. That hasn't stopped. Look at something from the beginning of the 360s life against fucking GTA V on the 360. It's night and day. Kill yourself you fucking retarded manbaby. Even games that were coming out on the ps4 at the beginning of its life are nowhere near as good looking as the ones that come out today.
>>
File: 4Ds2Lx2.png (546 KB, 742x1196) Image search: [Google]
4Ds2Lx2.png
546 KB, 742x1196
>>339252076

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZ7VCOgMZ9I

get ready to trash that 980ti anon. I get a superior card for 1/3rd the price
>>
>>339252231
But I thought gameworks was made to fuck over amd cards. Now you are saying that they run it better? Make up your damn mind.
>>
>>339252076

Actually, yeah, thats pretty much what AMD is aiming for - GTX 980 performance for 250$ starting price.

Considering that GTX 1070 will have (based on early tests) around 30% better performance than 980 with 380$ starting price, you get 30% performance gain for 90% higher price.

In such case, new Radeons will be much better purchase. Especially since nobody knows, when 1060 will be released and how much powerful will it be.
>>
>>339252258
what the fuck, how does that even happen? the hardware should be compatible, i mean i guess the 6990 (2011) (supports GL 4.5) is a different architecture to the 2XX (2013?) but uhm.. yeah what? that's retarded
>>
>>339252282
Enjoy waiting 3 years after your card comes out to actually get the performance you paid for.
>>
>>339252404
>$380 is 90% higher than $250
t. AMD shills
>>
>>339251820
>First of all, you're going to have to buy something like a corsair lapdog ($120) to even be able to comfortable use a mouse and keyboard on your couch
A controller is plug and play, for that same, awful experience as on consoles.

>to use headphones with your computer
>what is wireless
>what are extender cables

>a TV.. text reading
..Is fine. I've put away my 21.5", 1080p monitor for a 768p 32".. on my desk.
>>
>>339252332
yeah i hear it'll be within striking distance of the 980ti at any rate between the 980 and 1080, for significantly lower price 1/2 or 2/3rds at most
>>
>>339252479
Enjoy having your performance gimped a few months after you've bought your card.
>>
>>339252525

Ah, yes, sorry, 52%. Divided by 200, not 250 by accident.
>>
File: 1462588191979.png (42 KB, 653x726) Image search: [Google]
1462588191979.png
42 KB, 653x726
Just... Two... More... Days... Until... Glorious... Poo.... Age...

Gotta hold out against all the NVidia marketing and fanbase zombies until then.
>>
>>339252580
You can read text on a TV like you can read ebooks on a smartphone. It's just a shitty experience compared to using an actual monitor.

So let me get this straight. You're advocating using a $377 PC, which doesn't even come with a Windows license and has 180gb less storage, to use on a TV, while getting a controller to use that PC (~$50), which means you've sacrificed the non gaming uses of the PC in the realistic use case scenario here. You have just built a PC that only has the same functionality as a console, for more than the cost of a console, with non of the practicality of a console.

Why can't you just admit consoles fill a niche that PCs don't?
>>
>>339252332
that guys accent rocks, aye lassy
>>
I hate GameWorks and I even have a 900 series card. Any time a game runs like shit for no reason, it's always GameWorks. Every time someone bitched about Denuvo killing performance, it was also a GameWorks game, and then you have games like MGS5 and Mad Max that run great and use Denuvo, but not GameWorks.

I love it when someone posted that XCOM 2 cover with the GameWorks logo. Sure enough, the game runs like fucking garbage for what it is.

I still like my GPU, but Nvidia better lay off this bullshit soon or developers better give them the middle finger with this shit.
>>
>>339253082
Oh and I forgot the noise part. The PS4 and Xbox One are very quiet even after gaming for a long time. I only have two case fans and the CPU fan at 60%, and I can hear my PC ~15 feet from me right now. I'm sure you can pay for premium fans that are quieter, but again, then you're comparing more high end PC parts with consoles, which is stupid given the price disparity between mid range/high end PCs and consoles.

Maybe when we're closer to the end of the PS4/Xbox One's lifespan you actually will be able to build a comparable PC that normal people would actually want to use for the same price as a console because of APUs. But we're not quite there yet.
>>
>>339253082
>while getting a controller to use that PC
If you're a casual.

I play games at a desk. I don't play 45ft. away from my "TV" because that's fucking unhelpful for competitive games.

>as if you can't play from the couch with a wireless mouse and keyboard
Creativity.
>>
>>339253756
>when we're closer to the end of the PS4/Xbox One's lifespan
So, now?

http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/PS4_vs._Xbox_One_Native_Resolutions_and_Framerates
>>
How the actual fuck, has a PC specific thread become a fucking Console Vs PC thread?

FML
>>
>>339254059
Clearly you weren't following the conversation. If you want to play games at a desk/not use a controller, you'll have to spend at least $100 for a monitor, which makes the cost of entering the PC gaming market $100 more than it is for entering the console gaming market.

When you try to build a PC for the same use case scenario as a console, for the same price as a console, with the same features as a console, you have to make a lot of sacrifices that turn your PC into little more than a fucking console. And while you've gimped your PC so hard, you still have to deal with things like shitty driver updates or lack of updates, a much more complicated user experience, not being able to game with friends if they have consoles as well. If you want a better experience on PC than on console, you're going to have to spend more than you would on a console. Why is this so hard to admit?
>>
>>339252679
I've had a 980 myself for a year now to try out nvidia for once, have no qualms with it so far aside from it having horrible price/performance ratio.

I will feel the pain once DX12/vulkan and async compute becomes a thing but by then I would have probably upgraded to a 14nm mid range once the node matures with better performance and features anyways.

I am hoping my 980 would be sufficient for 3 years to run VR vidya without nvidia going for broke unleashing the wrecking ball.

Driver neglect would be one thing, still unacceptable for a product that is only 1 generation behind. But if they go as far as deliberately dropping performance and hindering the architecture like what they did with kepler through unnecessary levels of tessellation. Then I will definitely be switching back to AMD unless they prove themselves completely incompetent.

None of my games utilize gameworks anyways most of them suck and don't add much to the experience.

Might switch back to AMD if DX12/Vulkan means they don't have to fuck with drivers to improve performance. They are far cheaper down under.

I do like physics based simulation though especially anything to do with spatial audio. Hopefully effective hardware agnostic counterparts are released to prevent fragmentation. And encourage devs to incorporate them into their game as core features and not mere gimmicks.
>>
>>339254298
There isn't a computer with an APU that performs on the same level as consoles for $350, with an operating system and keyboard and mouse and a monitor included in that price. You have to get that package below $350 for most people to consider PC gaming to be cheaper than console gaming. Until then, PC gaming is more expensive to enter than console gaming.
>>
>>339251957

>480
>not vega

ya dun goofed
>>
>>339255386
>you weren't following the conversation
>>I play games on a TV on a desk
>>
>>339254308
astroturfing and people on /v/ easily taking the bait as per usual.
>>
>>339255657
>TVs don't work with PCs
Is this desparation? Post quality is a board rule.

>There isn't a computer that performs on the same level as consoles for $350
Plus online, right? >>339247469

>not having a keyboard and mouse
$15 max. Maybe use some of the money saved from game prices. >>339249310

>operating system
Already covered in that first post.
>>
>>339255386

> I just plug my PS4 in and play it without any video output.
>>
>>339254308
Because mods won't keep >can't see 30FPS and >can't use a TV with a PC shitposting out
>>
>>339256053
Then why put TV in quotation marks if you game at a TV with a desk? And in that scenario, you're now requiring people re-arrange their living rooms to accommodate a desk. That's simply not practical. This is why so many people like the idea of a $350 box that you plug into your TV and it plays games and Netflix and YouTube from the comfort of your couch with a controller.
>>
>>339240259
295X2 is a dual-GPU card and there is no CF support (from AMD), as such only 1 GPU is used. That's 1 290X, which is a card from 2013.
>>
File: 1459521363466.gif (21 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1459521363466.gif
21 KB, 600x600
Buying an AMD card was the worst mistake of my life.

Never again.
>>
>>339256434
>in that scenario, you're now requiring people re-arrange their living rooms to accommodate a desk
So, now PCs can be played on TVs? So, it's as simple as a wireless mouse and keyboard and a fucking notebook or something? Checkmate.
>>
>buy an AMD card
>limit the tessellation with the global settings in crimson
>suddenly everything runs really well

how odd
>>
>>339256313
Stop asking for me to be banned like a child. You can leave if you can't handle different viewpoints.

We already covered this. If you don't buy a monitor, you're making using the PC for things other than gaming a really unattractive proposition. You also have to spend $50 more for a controller, which comes included with a console. This adds to the cost of the PC.

You do not have to buy PS+ or Xbox Live, in fact many people don't. You also get more than $60 worth of games with them every year, so while I disagree with the requirement, it's not a bad deal. Steam users probably spend $60 a year in steam sales on games they never play.

To use a $15 mouse and keyboard with a TV, you're going to have to buy some sort of accessory to use a mouse and keyboard on a couch, or you are going to have to buy a monitor, making the cost of entering the PC gaming market higher than it is to enter the console gaming market.

You showed me a temporary offer. The free upgrade to Windows 10 expires soon, not everyone will be able to take advantage of it.

Just face it, nobody wants to use a toaster that's been gimped to hell just to make it compete with consoles over an actual console.
>>
So are they releasing soon or is it just going to be announcements of release. My 7850 is aging terribly
>>
>>339256669
explain
>>
File: nanu.jpg (41 KB, 628x676) Image search: [Google]
nanu.jpg
41 KB, 628x676
So whats the best card I can get for around 400€ if I dont give a fuck about VR?
I'm currently using a GTX680 and the card has been working like a charm for the last 4 years.
>>
>>339256895
>buy an amd card
>games crash constantly
>many people have the same problem
>amd doesn't give a single fuck, not even listed in known issues

not odd at all, I should've listened
>>
>tfw finally getting rid of my 280x in the next few weeks
>>
>>339256717
Wireless mice and keyboards cost more than $15, again adding to the price of this $377 PC which already costs more than a PS4 and comes with a smaller hard drive. And have you ever tried to play with a book as a mouse pad? I have, it's not fucking comfortable.

Why can't PC gamers just stick to the argument that PC gaming is a much better experience at the higher price tiers? I have a $600 PC myself, I prefer to game on it but I'm not some tard from /r/PCMasterrace who believes a $250 PC + $100 monitor is better than a console. Nobody wants to make all the sacrifices required to enter the PC gaming world for $350.
>>
>>339257280
I've personally never had any issues with my AMD 390.
>>
>>339257239
This anon did it for me.
>>339257280

I bet he has a 380/380X.
>>
>>339251658
So AMD finally manages to unfuck their cards after years of driver optimizations, where's the gimping
>>
File: Nvidia woodscrew.jpg (61 KB, 576x792) Image search: [Google]
Nvidia woodscrew.jpg
61 KB, 576x792
>>339251626

BUT IT DOES YOU DUMBFUCK

>API SUPPORT6,7,8 DirectX® 12, Mantle, OpenGL® 4.58, Vulkan™, OpenCL™ 2.0

NVIDIOT ON SUICIDE WATCH.
>>
>>339257445
According to AMD. They aren't fully 4.5 compliant.
>>
>>339257445
What's this Nvidia woodscrews meme?
>>
File: mkb.png (52 KB, 592x170) Image search: [Google]
mkb.png
52 KB, 592x170
>>339257335
>$377 PC which already costs more than a PS4
But comes with online gaming.
>>
File: 1464487540510.jpg (78 KB, 644x443) Image search: [Google]
1464487540510.jpg
78 KB, 644x443
>>339255575
>I am hoping my 980 would be sufficient for 3 years to run VR vidya without nvidia going for broke unleashing the wrecking ball.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>1070 still not even out yet
>reviewer using latest Nvidia driver for 1070 showing 980 dropped performance under AMD r9 390.
>an AMD card that was struggling to beat 970 months ago.

YOU CANT MAKE THIS SHIT UP.
>>
>>339257440
>where's the gimping

>>339257695
>>
>>339240259

>This has got to be the most evil company in gaming.

No, that's either Konami or Warner Brothers.
>>
>>339257771
I'm glad that AMD finally got their shit together, but that's not what gimping means
>>
>>339240259
But anon, Nvidia has no long term plan, they're on their way out.
>>
>>339257857

If you thinks a 390 could beat 980 in any years then you are fucking retarded or deluded
>>
I use GTX 950 currently, never had problems with it and running 60 FPS in the modern games that i like to play.
>>
http://www.hardocp.com/article/2016/05/27/from_ati_to_amd_back_journey_in_futility

>In the simplest terms AMD has created a product that runs hotter and slower than its competition's new architecture by a potentially significant margin.

>Where the plot thickens is when you look at the Koduri’s unwavering ambition. Koduri’s ultimate goal is to separate the Radeon Technologies Group from its corporate parent at all costs with the delusion that RTG will be more competitive with NVIDIA and become a possible acquisition target for Koduri and his band of mutineers to cash in when it's sold. While Koduri is known to have a strong desire to do this by forging a new relationship with Apple on custom parts (no surprise there) for Macbooks, the real focus is on trying to become the GPU technology supplier of choice to none other than Intel. While this was speculated some time ago I can tell you with certainty that a deal is in the works with Intel and Koduri and his team of marauders working overtime to get the deal pulled into port ASAP. The Polaris 10/11 launch, and all of its problems, are set to become a future problem of Intel’s in what RTG believes will be a lucrative agreement that will allow Koduri and his men to slash the lines from Lisa Su and the rest of AMD.

IT'S OVER, AYYMD IS FINISHED & BANKRUPT
>>
>>339248104
Because people tend to want the newest shiny toy even if they can't afford it.

II started with a 660Ti about 6 or 7 years ago. I upgraded to the 970 about a year or two ago. I upgraded my processor last year. Got my first SSD last week. The motherboard is the only part I've replaced due to some bullshit fucking up the board, and have since then connected the computer to a back up battery to negate that shit.
>>
File: 14523558464757.jpg (142 KB, 622x323) Image search: [Google]
14523558464757.jpg
142 KB, 622x323
>it's an "Nvidia users can't change their tessellation settings" episode

I love that.
>>
>>339258040
thank fuck
>>
>>339257984
Why? Specs wise 390 is better than 980
>>
I work as a tech support guy for a company that sells professional graphics software for architecture and shit like that, and believe me there is nothing worse than AMD cards, to the point I literally advise against getting any type of AMD card, even the FirePro, they're complete garbage compared to even several years old Quadros.

AMD is trash, no wonder nV has a monopoly.
>>
>>339258040
I dont know why you would celebrate less competition for your favorite manufacturer.
It just means that he can fuck you over more easily.
>>
I look forward to the nvidia monopoly on the pc market

that'll be fun
>>
>>339240259
>PC gaming requires shitloads of money
>PC players are pirates and therefore poorfags
Cognitive Dissonance
>>
>>339258145
>Specs wise 390 is better than 980
Oh so you are deluded

http://gpuboss.com/gpus/Radeon-R9-390-vs-GeForce-GTX-980
>>
>>339257869
AMD will be gone long before nVidia. At least nVidia still makes a profit each year.

AMD's GPU department has lost money for 3 years in a row. Not sure how they can stat in business if it keeps up.
>>
>>339245494
it's actually what monopoly apologists believe

these are the same guys who go on to say m$ should drop consoles and let sony effectively do the same thing nvidia is
>>
>>339258286
Did you even read what is written there, retard? Aside from memory clock AMD hardware can produce better results, on paper. It doesn't, because AMD can't make proper drivers and fully utilize what they got in the card, but they improve with each year.
>>
>>339258286
>using gpuboss
>>
>>339258296
Servers, CPUs and consoles is what's keeping them in business. And if they can outplay Nvidia in the coming years with actual development of architectures unlike Nvidia's "let's put the same shit on a smaller die" then they'll be reinstating the 50/50 split.
>>
>>339258296
AMD get money from Microsoft and Sony since their tech is the stuff that's powering their consoles.
I think AMD will be fine
>>
>>339258427
>Aside from memory clock AMD hardware can produce better results
>literally losing in coreclock speed and all benchmark.
>b-but drivers

Don't worry, we all know you already changing too 1080 because you can't handle the gimp.
>>
I seriously hope AMD don't fuck up Polaris and Vega.

I think AMD need to focus on the low-mid range with cards and try drag the prices down. Nvidia's pricing model is just getting ridiculous.
>>
>>339257280
>buy AMD card
>mouse cursor rendering is all fucked
>10 years later its not fixed
>>
>>339240259
It's not the first they did shit like that(physX 2.8 anyone) but i also don't want to have to deal with it so i'm buying Nvidia. When i'm about to drop 350-400 bucks on a new GPU i don't care which is technically the fastest but which is the fastest in real world scenarios and if that means just not buying the one that gets fucked over then i'm okay with that.
>>
>>339258427
Buy AMD card
3 years later the drivers almost don't suck, card is outdated.
B-but its better on paper!
>>
>>339258627
The amount of money in profits AMD makes from the consoles is minuscule. It's why nVidia didn't even bother trying to compete with AMD when PS4 was shopping around for a new GPU.

It wasn't worth it. They won the console market because nVidia didn't give a fuck.

>>339258569
And in the CPU department they're losing to Intel.

When it comes to GPU market share (not including onboard as Intel wins there), nVidia has like 80% of the market and keep getting more each year.

When it comes to CPU's, Intel has the massive market share.

AMD is always going to be second string and lose out to their betters.
>>
>>339258787

Man, I haven't got this for almost 4 years.
Thanks for the nostalgia.

You fuck up, AMD GPU card doesn't exist 10 years ago.
>>
>>339258691
I'm getting a 1080 because I can't handle my 280x being gimped in new games on release, so I guess you're right.
>>
>>339257689
Again, if you want to make this a 1:1 comparison, you have to include the cost of the games that come with PS+/GwG for PC. And a lot of people don't even buy online because they don't want it on consoles.

Just fucking admit it, the reason consoles are so popular is because for the same price, nobody wants to game on a toaster. For $350 dollars, consoles are more convenient, you just have to plug them in and sign in instead of building them from scratch, and easier to use in a living room set up because the whole UI/OS was made for it. Nobody is denying that you can get that same living room experience on PCs, you just have to pay more than $350 for it. Nobody is denying that PC gaming is generally superior, you just have to pay more than $350 to get on that level.
>>
>>339258965
The problem existed on ATI cards 10 years ago
>>
>>339258982
But anon, new games will be either Vulkan or DX12 so only 9xx series will got gimped, unlike the GCN series. :^)
>>
File: stats pc.png (39 KB, 1160x345) Image search: [Google]
stats pc.png
39 KB, 1160x345
Do i need to change something?
I can run the witcher 3, fo4 and ds3 just fine but i want an upgrade
>>
>>339259068

Then he got shitty bait since he only said AMD.
>buy AMD card
>10 years later its not fixed
>>
>bought AMD stocks when they were less than 2 dollars
>now they're worth twice that

hurrah
>>
>>339259129
get a stronger i5 if you think your a bad enough dude
>>
>>339259072
dx 12
Being relevant before 2018.
>>
>>339259160
ATI got bought by AMD

They're made by the same people
>>
>>339240259
>puts extra tessellation on the competition's cards AND on their own year old cards to force you to buy their newest one (Gameworks)

total fuckin bullshit, my sides
>>
>>339240259
Thanks for video anon. Fuck Nvidia. I'll never get there card again. (Got a 570 a long time ago)
>>
>>339259241

Not 10 years ago.
>>
>>339259241
The funny thing is that the GPU department (Basically ATI) is worth less now, than when AMD bought it. lol great investment there.
>>
>>339259216
Is it really need it? I was under the minimum specs for Cpu for the witcher 3, but it went kinda smooth
>>
>>339259072

dx12 still isn't relevant and we're halfway to 2017. it won't be relevant for years to come.

people still use the same single game ashes of singularity benchmark because no one has released a benchmark worthy AAA dx12 game yet.
>>
>>339259345
Turns out AMD actually bought ATI 9 and a half years ago

where did all the time go
>>
>>339243587
AMD drivers misreports their OpenGL version, it's a well known fact, you can find several years old posts about it. Technically there should be nothing stopping AMD drivers from reporting OpenGL 4.5, but it still reports 4.3. and the app uses what it is available.
AMD focused more on DirectX in recent past, no one game a fuck about OpenGL, Linux drivers from AMD aren't that great either.
>>
>>339259229

yes, that's why all latest Nvidia GPU was boasting about Vulkan power in Doom and double the power in RotR DX12 version.

Just like how Nvidia was boast their DX11 GPU in Crysis 2 back then, so hurry up and ditch your Maxwell GPU because you goy soon gonna get gimped.
>>
>>339253756

>ps4 and xbox one are quiet

That's bullshit, both sound like airplanes about to take off
>>
>>339259375
source
>>
File: 1448730522160.jpg (162 KB, 687x1024) Image search: [Google]
1448730522160.jpg
162 KB, 687x1024
>>339259601
>because you goy soon gonna get gimped.

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>339259427

Nvidia was not using Ashes to test DX12 in 1080 conference, they were using more popular games.
Even when they did used it was beating both 3xx and 9xx by miles.
>>
>>339258942
All depends on what they reveal in the coming years, signs point to a return of form of being a serious competitor to Intel and Nvidia. Least they can do is make the others innovate more so win-win really.

>>339258942
That sounds like a load of horseshit to me, I guess they cared so little they were in previous generations as a joke then? The longer Nvidia is out of the console business the more they'll have to spend their own money and time making viddy jems run decently on their GPUs insteaod of the developers.
>>
>>339259832
http://www.techpowerup.com/214365/amd-now-almost-worth-a-quarter-of-what-it-paid-for-ati
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 57

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.