[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kingdom Hearts 3 anti-hype
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 10
File: Kingdom_Hearts_III_Logo.png (3 MB, 3340x2032) Image search: [Google]
Kingdom_Hearts_III_Logo.png
3 MB, 3340x2032
Let's ruin our/ your hype for KH3. So you don't get disappointed

>KH3 will probably have a 8-10 hours story
>not a lot keyblades
>they will fuck up the story
>it will like KH II with better graphics
>DLCs
>>
File: 1343254484528.png (100 KB, 475x348) Image search: [Google]
1343254484528.png
100 KB, 475x348
>It will be like KH II with better graphics

How is this a bad thing.
>>
Ha ha man you're so funny looool ex dee.
>>
>>339239838
woops I forgot the 'be'

The bad thing is that everyone says that KH3 will be so innovative and then when it gets released it's just like KH II and nothing new like annouced
>>
>osaka team
that's all you need
>>
File: 1457942486725.png (161 KB, 500x425) Image search: [Google]
1457942486725.png
161 KB, 500x425
>the bosses suck
>it uses BbS/DDD physics
>the story is an absolute clusterfuck
I honestly can't see how this game would even be good from a story perspective. There really needs to be one more game to tie some shit up because there's way too much going on for one last game to manage.
>>
remember guys, the last major kh was released in 2005, before this meme era.

kh3 will probably be filled with memes and pop culture references
>>
>>339240629
Weren't the other two numbered games influenced by what was popular at the time too? Or at least it seems to follow Bleach pretty closely in terms of how it wants to present itself.
>>
File: IMG_8390.jpg (242 KB, 501x779) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8390.jpg
242 KB, 501x779
>>339239586
>not a lot of keyblades
The amount of keyblades will probably be close to the amount of worlds.
>they will fuck up the story
Any worse than KH2 DDD? Hard to imagine
>it will like KH II with better graphics
Ideal. Just with an extra mechanic and some new moves, Think something like Bayonetta 1 to Bayonetta 2
>DLCs
Inevitable, but I would atleast hope the amount of regular content is very close or greater than KH2
>>
>>339239838

Come on.

Typical KH2 world.

>arrive
>cutscenes
>explore a bit
>more cutscenes
>get to play
>walk around
>get locked into a small arena
>cutscene
>explore
>normal combat
>cutscene
>small arena
>cutscene
>explore
>normal combat
>cutscene
>boss
>>
>>339240819
As long as the gameplay and mechanics are as good as KHIIFM's, that won't be much of an issue.
>>
>>339240774
chances are you get upgradeable keyblades this time.
>>
>Osaka Team
>>
The joke is that I don't have an 8th gen console. That said, I expect

- lots of automated special attacks where you don't have to target enemies, close in on them or even press buttons to confirm hits
- special attacks overshadowing melee in general
- non-aggression based play, you don't regain any resources by dealing damage
- all bosses have long invulnerability modes and attacks that can't be blocked if blocking is even kept in the game
- Donald and Goofy die even faster and deal even less damage
>>
>>339241607
BBS was P-E-R-F-E-C-T even when restricted to Playshit portable
>>
>>339241880
The only thing you need to know about BBS is that it's designed around being able to cast back-to-back Cures. That is not a good sign.
>>
>All world's become a musical like Atlantica in KH2
>>
>Sephiroth not included
>Sephiroth not included
>Sephiroth not included
>Titans not included
>>
>>339241880
Fuck no. Osaka Team's idea of difficulty is fucking garbage. Just look at BBS's secret bosses compared to KH2FM's Lingering Will
>>
>>339241880
The camera, framerate drops, and bland empty worlds alone prevent it from being anywhere near "perfect," and that's just the technical limitations from the system it was on without getting into any of its pants-on-head combat design.
>>
File: 1464486846218.jpg (121 KB, 986x553) Image search: [Google]
1464486846218.jpg
121 KB, 986x553
>>339239586
>You only control Sora
>He's still a retard
>Every character that died in the series gets resurrected
>The story is 5 hours long + DLC of every character youc couldn't play
>Every DLC is 2 hours long and costs 20 bucks
>The game uses COM's combat system
>Xehanort doesn't die in the last battle because of some mumbo-jumbo time travel.
>"He got away this time, but next time, we'll get him, as a team!"
>Kingdom Hearts 4 gets cancelled
>Series is dead
>Square Enix dies because of the low sales
>>
>>339239586
Osaka team

There you have it.

>it will be like KH II with better graphics

I fucking wished.
>>
>>339241880
How the shitty combat, unbalanced gameplay, overuse of gimmics, empty words and Sonic-tier story can be called "perfect"?
>>
Honestly, there isn't a whole lot you can do to fuck up Kingdom Hearts. I only hope they tone down the amount of events/cutscenes, in KH2 it was literally a cutscene every 2 minutes.
>>
>>339242354
Every optional fight will be DLC. Worse, all of them will be sold separately. Even III's version of the colosseum will be DLC. And the ultimate weapons will be DLC too.
>>
The biggest point I find about concern is the combat being bad because of Osaka team.

Honestly I can understand the anxiety about the team, but I personally have found most relevant info about kh3 reassuring in that regard.

I'm pretty sure Nomura has stated that he felt like the handheld games were offshoots in the sense they were meant for experimentation with the combat and that he wants kh3 to use kh2 as its basis and be closer to that.

The most recent footage supports that because we see various elements from kh2 in them. I.e. enemies being staggered and revenge values.

I'm fairly optimistic overall
>>
KH3 will end on a disappointing note and leave a bunch of loose ends. I can't see them tying them all when we've been invested for what like 6/7 games?
>>
DLC seems inevitable since that's just what a Final Mix would have been anyways.
>>
>Ultima is a microtransaction
>Ultima recipe is a microtransaction
>some other keyblades are microtransactions
>Non optional bosses are DLCs $15 each
>Skins for Sora -> microtransactions
>XP Boost is a microtransaction
>MORE MICROTRANSACTION SKINS
>>
daily reminder that BBS ruined the story of KH
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhcqCIWc2wY
>>
>>339239586

They already fucked on on Sora's design. PS2 Cutscene Sora model still looks a loads more better than what they made for KH3. Wtf man?
>>
>>339240774

>removing Sora's side spines

Wtf are you doing, faggot?
>>
Honestly I will take whatever I can get at this point, I dearly miss Kingdom Hearts.
>>
>>339239586
How long was KHII? If it was as long as the first then it being short is straight up bullshit.
It will definitely have DLC though, I don't think anyone is fooling themselves that it'll be somehow unique in that respect.
>>
>>339242472
>>339242289
All because of the PSP

>>339242127

What?

Mysterious Figure was great
>>
>>339244380
>Mysterious Figure was great
Are you for fucking real? What part of spamming dodge roll and having your HP reduced to 1 instantly by any hit you take seem great to you?
>>
>>339243718

I would not say it fucked it up, it just made retarded connections. Sora is holding Ven's heart literally because they met for 5 mins and he willed his heart to rest with Sora.

Not as bad as Xemnas creating a keyblade wielder (Xion).
>>
>>339244380

Even as Terra? Fuck no, that was awful.
>>
>>339244509
Thats like every secret boss ever.

Except for the one in DDD that sucked dick completly
>>
>>339239586
>DLCs
They've been doing final mix versions for 14 years, so this a given
>>
>>339244284
Kh 2 took me about the same time as kh1 maybe more. I was playing on critical though and Im a scrub so it took me 30+ hours.
>>
>>339239586
The fuck? How do you guys even have hype any more? Solid 70% of KH games are terrible
>>
>>339244284
>How long was KHII?
Fastest speedrun is like 3 hours and 40 minutes.
The cutscenes total is apparently around 12 hours.
Average playthrough is probably 10-20 hours if you skip cutscenes and do some optional stuff.
>>
>>339244674
>Solid 70% of KH games are terrible
The only bad ones are days and Recoded, oh and that mobile shit
>>
>>339244764
Do you actually like CoM? I thought I was the only one.
>>
>>339245041
CoM has the best story
>>
>>339244380
>All because of the PSP
There are games with good gameplay on PSP.

Ah, so you're just baiting.
>>
>>339244380
If BBS's shitty gameplay is because of the hardware, then how come Re: Coded has vastly superior gameplay on inefrior hardware?
>>
File: chrono triggered.jpg (42 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
chrono triggered.jpg
42 KB, 500x667
>>339244764
>Re:Coded
>Bad
From a story and recycling standpoint, sure, but the gameplay was top tier. Though it'd be even better with an actual joystick.
>>
>>339239586

its going to be a co-op game
>>
>>339248563
Online multi-player only. Subscription required.
>>
>>339241880
>BBS was P-E-R-F-E-C-T
>>
>>339239586
>Osaka Team
>Osaka Team's boss design
>Disney only allowing movies from the past 5 years
>Barely any Final Fantasy with no optional end-game fights
>>
>>339243718
>49mins
>>
>>339244674
The only shit one was 358/2 Days. So that leaves us with 6/7 good ones.
>>
>all these wrong posts

It's fucking simple.

>It's going to be a KH game

Seriously, people like this garbage? The only one i remotely liked was the one with cards on the GBA, and even then i had to actively IGNORE the story to enjoy it.

The writing is trash, they've written themselves into a corner with all of their plotholes and by trying to make the game deeper than it seems, when all it served is to make the story an absolute clusterfuck.

Can anyone actually tell me why they like the story? I'd understand if you liked the gameplay, but even then, many people are invested in this series, so at least there are people out there who can actually try to defend this turd.

I'm waiting.
>>
>>339249557
I'd argue two was the only good one.

BBS was already claimed shit by people up there, and it was the only one i could have considered good.
>>
>>339249673

>Can anyone actually tell me why they like the story

because east meets west.

im done
>>
File: BBS Terra literally doomed.webm (3 MB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
BBS Terra literally doomed.webm
3 MB, 852x480
this will happen to you fighting the secret boss in KH3
>>
>>339249990
No it won't.
>>
>>339239586
Realistically I imagine it will be something like:
>15 hour storyline
>A bunch of gay worlds nobody wanted
>Star wars will be included (look up who voiced Eraqus and Xehanort, the guy in charge is a star-fag)
>the story is fucked up beyond repair
>a few of the voice actors died from having to wait so long to voice act
>stupid fucking command system RE:Coded, BBS and DDD all had. (All the games had unique attack systems until that shit happened.)
>They won't bring back forms. He unlocked them all only to need to unlock them all again? yeah thats not happening.
>>
>>339249990
>not jumping and using cure
>>
>>339249673
Pretty sure most people stopped liking the story as soon as BBS happened.
During the Secret Movie in BBS, it shows everything is going to be connected. "Reconnect Kingdom Hearts"

Honestly I can't even follow whats going on and I've played every game and seen every secret movie to date. Hell I even played through Aqua wandering in the dark palce.
>>
>>339249990
Who the fuck thought the mini games, bosses and superbosses in BbS were acceptable? Absolute trash, all of them.
>>
>>339249990
why repeat the same thing if it isn't working
>>
>>339249673
The story is so fucking convoluted and retarded that it becomes hilarious.

It's so cute when the series tries to be serious and edgy.
>>
>>339250849
>>
>>339249990
Literally Impossible: The Boss
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.