[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://masteroverwatch.com/ Post 'Em >tfw skill b
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 14
File: aww shiet.png (88 KB, 554x589) Image search: [Google]
aww shiet.png
88 KB, 554x589
https://masteroverwatch.com/

Post 'Em

>tfw skill based matchmaking actually works on this game
>tfw if you're getting stomped even though you're good at the game it's most likely because they average the skill of everyone in the game and if your skill is too high they pair you up with shitty people so you can get into a match in a reasonable time.

https://masteroverwatch.com/profile/shared/f810b3c640f7cced

Feels good being in the top 250 on my platform.
>>
>20 tickrate
>auto-aim on pretty much every class
>ults that just wipe out the enemy team in an instant
There is absolutely no skill involved in Overwatch.
>>
File: ow.png (29 KB, 350x343) Image search: [Google]
ow.png
29 KB, 350x343
Tracer is fun.
>>
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 640x1048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 640x1048
How do you check your global ranking?
>>
>>339237575
>"Kills" aka Eliminations
>When the game counts even one one percent of damage as an Elimination
>don't even need the finishing blow

Wew, everyone is going to have a positive KDR. Multiple people can get credit for the same frag.
>>
File: ranking.png (42 KB, 562x167) Image search: [Google]
ranking.png
42 KB, 562x167
>>339237898
Near the top across from your name.
>>
File: fjdsifjsdlk.jpg (41 KB, 372x399) Image search: [Google]
fjdsifjsdlk.jpg
41 KB, 372x399
I have the highest K/D as Winston out of the top 50, so how am I not in the top 10 at least? How do these rankings even getting determined
>>
>>339238206
>How do these rankings even getting determined

Number of medals. So it's not a true ranking, because people who spend all day playing (regardless of how shitty they are) will have a higher score than you.

If you take this seriously (besides your winrate, which is a useful indicator) you're retarded (like >>339237575)
>>
>>339238080
>counting KDR in a team based shooter where everyone has a specific job.

You're the type of cancer who probably doesn't stay behind Reinhardt's shield aren't you?

>>339237739
>20 tickrate
The tickrate is 60 sent in packets of 3.

>auto-aim on pretty much every class
If it's supposedly on every class pro tip there barely is any if at all whats the problem?

>ults that just wipe out the enemy team in an instant
Get a better team comp, coordinate with your team more efficiently or play better and take out threats asap.
>>
>>339238352
I'm actually always the objective guy in shooters. I just prioritize prolonging my survival so objectives can get done so I still come up with a high KDR. I was the Lucio who would push defenders off of points and loop in a nice hiding spot high up on a wall so no one could see me constantly healing the tanks and poking people to death.
>>
>>339238285
If you solo queue your winrate means jackshit considering the state of the playerbase. It is nearly impossible to carry your team to victory solo in this game.
>>
>>339238352

The less you die the better, especially in Overwatch where dying once could lose you the objective quite easily since you have to walk all the way back from spawn
>>
>>339238572
>It is nearly impossible to carry your team to victory solo in this game.

So stop being a cuck and use the chat to direct people, give them advice and tips, and take a leadership position on the team

Why do you expect to carry in a team game? You need them as much as they need you.
>>
>>339238695
>use the chat to direct blizzdrones and waifufags

I haven't touched this game since beta I can imagine it's harder to cooperate now than it was when all the BRs and Russians were playing for free.
>>
>>339238695
>So stop being a cuck and use the chat to direct people

Nigger this isn't dota. Most of the people I run into this game hardly ever listen or have no idea what the fuck they are doing. People just seem to play whatever the fuck they want and couldn't care less about winning, where as compared to dota I manage to get people working together and communicate way more. Hardly anyone ever talks in voicechat in Overwatch as well which I don't understand since this is a teambase game where communication plays a big part
>>
>>339238908
>I can imagine it's harder to cooperate now than it was when all the BRs and Russians were playing for free.

That sucks if beta was merged like that, but servers are geographic and separate for release.

I've been playing on North America and haven't encountered a single BR or RU, not a single one. At least, visibly through chat or mic

>crouching russian, hidden brazilian
>coming to theatres summer 2017
>>
>>339237575
>tfw skill based matchmaking works in this game
>matchmaking
>works
>this game
fuck off shill, overwatch is an alright game, but thats blatant shilling and you know it, matchmaking is overwatches BIGGEST flaw
i dont want to lose a close game over and over just because my teammates are incapable of playing on my level
i should be matched with people on my level
my enemies should be on my level
i dont want me to be playing above average
my enemies average
and my teammates far below average, its not fun, and it is overwatch
>>
>>339238695
There is no chat on consoles and even with VoIP most people are within party chat including myself when I'm playing with a friend or two. I still make an effort to enter game chat and direct people to where to go but half the time they end up doing fuck all.

I honestly don't know why Blizzard didn't introduce keyboard support in this game like Rocket League has for consoles considering how team based the game is.

There are also those faggots who make asinine champion choices just because they wanna waifufag/checkout their new "epicxD" skin. The amount of Torbs I see on attack wearing barbossa doing jack shit with turrets is disgusting. Same with widowmakers/D.Va's/Bastions who don't know what the fuck they're doing

>>339238659
Not necessarily. If I see an opportunity that'll allow me to gain the attention of 2-4 of the enemy teams players at the cost of my death but allowing my team to make that valuable push/flank to the objective I tend to sacrifice myself.

There's also the fact that sometimes sacrificing yourself to bait the other teams supers provides a HUGE support to your team. Taking a RIP-Tire/Death Blossom/Molten Core for your team goes a long way.
>>
File: Overwatch.jpg (35 KB, 355x383) Image search: [Google]
Overwatch.jpg
35 KB, 355x383
I'm sorry.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_Mp5gE0HSw
>>
>>339239112
Would you rather wait 10+ minutes for them to find teammates equal to your so obviously super skill level or would you rather get into a game in 2 minutes with below average but somewhat capable people?

desu just wait for ranked.
>>
>>339239082
I encountered multiple BRs in the North American beta on PC. They are already accustom to using proxies and BRs hate playing with BRs.
>>
>>339239140
>If I see an opportunity that'll allow me to gain the attention of 2-4 of the enemy teams players at the cost of my death

You can easily pull this off as Winston and do all that shit without dying if you're good.
>>
>>339239278
>tfw no hybrid tank with D.Va's health with Winston's HP/hitbox size/mobility.

I love D.Va but her hitbox is fucking atrocious. There's no penalty for missing a headshot since you'll end up getting a bodyshot anyway and considering you have to get upclose to enemies to do damage as D.Va it really fucks her up even with all her armor.

I wish they'd either remove the slowdown while firing her guns or make the guns more powerful with an even slower alt fire. Hell I wouldnt even mind the ability to have more mobility as D.Va at the cost of not having to reload.
>>
>>339238695
Yeah too bad the way Blizzard did the in-game voice chat made it impossible to actually have any meaningful communication with your group.

There's two chat channels that you're entered in by default, group and team chat, however you can only be in one of these channels at any given time and if you're in a group you're put into your group chat by default (unless changed by a setting which nobody has bothered with)

So 90% of matches have at least 2 or more people in a group, or you could even have up to 3 seperate groups on a single team, this means that sometimes, only 1/3rd of your team will actually hear anything you say on voice.

They better change this shit when competitive comes out.
>>
>>339239651

I used to play D.Va quite alot in the beta, but now I've pretty much switch to a WInston main due to how weak D.Va actually is. At least D.Va has use in King of the Hill game mode, but anywhere else she is just unplayable
>>
File: phLFd65.png (46 KB, 379x404) Image search: [Google]
phLFd65.png
46 KB, 379x404
i was always really bad at fps games
>>
>>339239269

>on beta

Okay, but that's not what we're talking about
>>
https://masteroverwatch.com/profile/shared/314e8941035617cc
Rank 3000 but I haven't been able to play in 3 days.
>>
File: ss+(2016-05-29+at+01.46.32).png (37 KB, 348x343) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-05-29+at+01.46.32).png
37 KB, 348x343
>>339237575
r8 me
>>
File: FJJJFBFB.png (82 KB, 1140x429) Image search: [Google]
FJJJFBFB.png
82 KB, 1140x429
>>
>>339240092
Pretty good
>>
>>339238352
the tickrate is 20 shut up
>>
File: pharah.png (11 KB, 390x120) Image search: [Google]
pharah.png
11 KB, 390x120
>>339237575
Found out in another thread, repostan.
Pharah is the only hero I play.
>>
>>339239213
Is this supposed to be funny?
>>
>>339238352
>pro tip there barely is any if at all
It's extremely noticble on consoles. You have to be in severe denial not to see it.
>>
File: winston.jpg (182 KB, 742x1000) Image search: [Google]
winston.jpg
182 KB, 742x1000
>>339238206
>>
>>339240356
I barely notice it and considering that most projectiles have travel time it's near useless desu.

>>339240260
https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/49jabt/overwatch_servers_are_60_tick/

Eat a dick senpai.
>>
>>339240337
>Pharah is the only hero I play.
You are the cancer. Pharah is not suited to every single situation but you play her anyways. You should be adapting and changing roles as needed to fit the team needs.
>>
>>339240260
The tickrate is actually 60 but they do this weird thing where they give priority to whatever the shooter see's as opposed to the target ontop of the the packets being sent in sets of 3 so toasters can still run the game without shitting itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTH2ZPgYujQ
>>
File: wew.png (43 KB, 374x401) Image search: [Google]
wew.png
43 KB, 374x401
Who /onlyonehero/ here?
>>
>>339240478
>57.4% winrate
>waaaaah cancer

look at all the fucks I give my man.
>>
>>339240356
>playing a FPS on console
>>
>>339240459
>I barely notice it
Then you're in denial. That's all there is to it.

Anyone can load up the training area and see there is blatantly auto aim when aiming towards a bot. It gives characters like Mcree, Solder 86 and Hanzo a major advantage that they don't recieve on PC. You're shitting out of your mouth if you think autoaim is useless in OW
>>
>>339241037
Check OP. I guarentee half this thread is full of console players.
>>
>>339241205
I don't play any of those hero's very often.
>>
>>339237575
Your ranking literally doesn't matter. It's all based on score rather than best stats and it may not even factor in accounts that haven't already been looked up.
>>
File: 1464279555675.png (907 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1464279555675.png
907 KB, 720x720
>Manage to stop offense on Route 66 halfway through the map
>cleaning house as Tracer, manage to rack up an 11 kill streak
>game goes into overtime
>I get picked off by a Reaper
>my team IMMEDIATELY loses its momentum
>not only does the offense manage to take the payload to the next point, but they bring it all the way to the end within the next 3 minutes

I fucking hate this feeling
>>
>>339241296
Good for you? Doesn't change anything I said. The majority of characters benifit from auto aim.
>>
File: 1450465942829[1].gif (3 MB, 253x208) Image search: [Google]
1450465942829[1].gif
3 MB, 253x208
>>339240356
>on consoles
>>
>tfw when I'm rank 65 Torbjorn

Yo rivet gun is where its at, I'm also rank 161 Lucio which is pretty tight I guess.
>>
>>339240642
That's not a weird thing. That's how most shooters design their online Client-Serverside synchronization nowadays. It allows for the most accurate hit detection possible, even if players perceive a "delayed" effect (such as the common "I made it behind cover, but then I died out in the open on his killcam!").

Think of it as GGPO for shooters, except instead of rolling everyone back to keep things synched up (it sort of does that as in the above example, but only on an individual basis), each client sees the world as it was a fraction of a second ago based on their ping, and the server keeps track of the past half-second to see if it all lines up.
>>
>>339237575
>tfw no hero above 50%
>tfw no face
I didn't thought I was that fucking bad.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.