[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warhammer: Total War
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 71
Where did it all go so wrong?
>>
>>339235070
whats the verdict

its almost may 31st i need to decide whether this shit is good to buy or not
>>
>>339235158
I can't really give a neutral opinion. I've been waiting game like this since Horned Rat and Dark Omen.

For what it's worth, I like this more than I like "normal" TW games.

It's more streamlined: Taxation on/off, no sanitation, no min/max food prod, etc. I find those to be improvements, while as somebody else might feel it as "consolation" or whatever.
>>
>>339235158
Good, just need more races to play with and balance fix
>>
File: 1463388176459.png (38 KB, 499x338) Image search: [Google]
1463388176459.png
38 KB, 499x338
>>339235380
>I find those to be improvements
>>
>>339235719
Flying units are op. Bats and varguls buttwreck every missile unit.
>>
File: 1464013818239[2].png (947 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1464013818239[2].png
947 KB, 1280x960
>>339236086
>instead of war, this guy wants literally to micromanage shit and toilets.
>>
>>339235380
Strange to think Dark Omen is still the best Warhammer game ever made.
>>
SKAVEN FUCKIN WHEN?
>>
>>339235158
Good if you love Warhammer, shit if you don't because it's not a very good Total War game.
>>
Fuck the fucking Dwarves. Turn 170 as Orks and still nowhere near close to winning. Apparently the Empire is butt raping Chaos so those manlet fuck don't even have more pressing matters to attend to than trying to steal my shit.
>>
>>339236196
Your retarded argument would make sense if the battles weren't just as streamlined and casual as the campaign map. I agree that total war should be all about the battles and that the campaign only exists to facilitate those and give them more meaning, but you still need something there.

The city management was fucking perfect in Rome 1 and Med 2. Each city had a little amount of depth, enough to keep you interested but not enough to take away from the point of the game. I'm nto a fan of the direction CA have gone since Empire trying to turn the campaign into a fucking civ game but even that's better than what is essentially nothing.
>>
File: 1434763113855.jpg (26 KB, 400x363) Image search: [Google]
1434763113855.jpg
26 KB, 400x363
>>339236086
To be fair, Total War's peacetime management has always been nothing more than lip service when compared to other strategy games. It's like anything of value is being lost here.
>>
>>339236550
>if the battles weren't just as streamlined and casual as the campaign map.
>My opinion is better than yours
They definitely should have more stances etc, not only missile and melee front, but otherwise your argument is shit. In addition, Warhammer doesn't have same shit system (pun intended) and I find it improvement, like it or not.
>>
>>339236220
Can you elaborate?

I love the setting much more than any of the other ones, but I want to know what it's lacking compared to the other Warhammers.
>>
>tfw Wissenland beats back all my attempts against them
>tfw lost my all veteran Reiksguard
I'd have won too, if it wasn't for fucking 3 of their heroes constantly assaulting my troops.
Fuck Wissenland.
>>
>>339237031
Everything anon. It's lacking practically everything. No unit abilities/stances/formations. No town battles. No naval battles. Tiny, simplistic sieges. Next to no empire management (no tax options, generals can't die of old age, no food to manage, no diplomacy options like gifting cities, no family tree stuff). Only 5 playable factions. Very linear and there's no freedom to the campaign (Orks and Dwarfs can only capture each other's territory, Empire and Vampires can only capture each other's territory, Chaos just has to burn everything to the ground). No matched combat in battles, units just kind of stand next to each other and swing at nothing until one loses. Ugly graphics compared to the past few games.
>>
>>339237574
Are you saying that Orks can't waaagh all over the empire?
>>
>>339237682
You can go there, but you'll have to get past the Dwarves first and you can't capture any of it. You can raze their cities I think, but that's all.
>>
I'm still sitting on the fence about this game.

My big issues are...
1: the magic system
2: the sieges
3: the scummy as fuck business practices, day one dlc of a major faction, as well as the fact that there is only 5 factions in the game.

Anyone have any input on these things?
>>
>>339237831
The magic is cool, probably one of the best things in this. Very entertaining to watch a huge vortex of death rip through units or curse them to laugh themselves to death. Sieges suck ass now though and it really hurts my enjoyment of the game personally. The maps are so small and simplistic.
>>
>>339237831
> the magic system
It's pretty fun if you actually get to use it. I was too conditioned from previous total war game with only units that i completely forgot i had a wizard at all.

They're pretty usefull, don't really know what you're wondering about it though.
>>
>>339237574
Naval battles have been kinda shit since napoleon when they went back to old times. Awkward ship ramming and boarding is not fun.

Unit stances/formations/etc are made up for by having extremely more diverse unit rosters and types I feel.

Choas are basically the huns from Atillla. It's fine to have a faction that can't capture cities imo.

I agree with many other points you made though.
>>
>>339238015
I'm coming from the tabletop, so it kind of worries me that there really doesn't seem to be any counter system in place to protect your units form enemy casters.
It's all well and good that the spells can miscast, but if my line of top tier units gets there ass turned inside out by magic and there's fuck all I can do that's a bit frustrating.

I could be wrong though and maybe there is a counter system, but I haven't seen it so far.
>>
>>339237574
>Orks and Dwarfs can only capture each other's territory, Empire and Vampires can only capture each other's territory
Is this something lorewise? Vamps can't inhabit dorf settlements because x?

Empire and Vampires can also capture bretonnia's territory.
>>
>>339237831
>only 5 factions in the game

There are only 5 TYPES of factions. Humans have a bunch of different leaders, as do the vampires, orks, dwarves.

They're very different from each other (eg. the vampires have no missile units, but on the other hand none of the units will ever run away either). Chaos has roaming building chains that are stuck to each horde instead of any actual capturing abilities.

Compare this to fucking Shogun 2 for example, where a factions bowmen were slightly stronger and that's about it.
>>
>>339238193
I don't think there's a counter system, and if there is I haven't found it after 30 hours. I've also never had any spells miscast.
>>
>>339238193
It's supposed to be balanced in that you can avoid most area of effect spells if you pay attention and micro. Direct damage spells only affect one or a small number of individual dudes for the most part so they're not supposed to be effective against units of troops.
>>
>>339238248
There's no real reason why they can't. Dwarves think that you can go crazy if you spend too much time out under the open sky, but that's about it.
I think it was either a shitty design choice or just laziness by CA.

That being said there is a mod that fixes it.
>>
>>339238403
That mod has issues though, the game wasn't designed for it and it breaks the campaign.

>>339238363
The leaders, of which there are only 2 to choose from for each faction, change nothing as far as how the campaign plays out, they only give a couple passive bonuses to your faction. Does not count as more than 5 factions at all.
>>
>>339238579
There are more than 5 factions you retard. There are only 5 PLAYABLE factions, which is a different thing entirely.
>>
CA didn't play test the vampire counts campaign. Someone explain to me how the fuck am I supposed to take over all the dwarves lands and eliminate them if I can't take their settlements. Especially if they beat the orcs
>>
>>339238691
Burn them
Burn them all
>>
>>339238670
Having the map populated by a dozen Empire/Dwarf/Ork/Vampire/Chaos sub factions using the same units that exist only to be absorbed by the main faction of each DOES NOT count as more than 5 separate factions.
>>
>>339238853
I guess that means that all previous Total Wars only had the one faction.
>>
>>339238808
You take attrition damage because you can't take settlements. Also you can't replenish while the dwarfs can.
>>
>>339238375
So it's a choice between getting my units assholes turned inside out by magic, or break my line up, disengage and let their units do it in combat instead.

>>339238363
The are 5 playable races with two leaders a pop. The leaders don't seem to change anything though.
It mainly just confuses me that they didn't add more playable races at launch. They could have done so much more with the game but instead they took the route of dlc and 3 separate games.
I'm not saying they should have added all the races, but Jesus, they could have put more in.
>>
File: 1462000699526.webm (249 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
1462000699526.webm
249 KB, 720x404
>>339235070
>defeat 4 massive chaos armies and take out dragon ogre, ever weaver and archaon
>5 turns after I cleaned it all up
>just starting to rebuild
>scout to the north
>3 full chaos armies
>led by dragon ogre and archaon
>>
File: the brave little skelly.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
the brave little skelly.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
But it went right!
>>
>>339239007
They make a point of telling you this shit is going to continue happening.

Welcome to warhammer, really. Where shit just happens to come back to life so you can fight it again.
>>
Torrent where?
>>
>>339235158

Its the best Total War game.

Building farms and toilets doesn't matter and all you do is war 24/7.
>>
>>339239117
>feel when kholek got his shit pushed in by my cannons and the luminarch before even reaching my line

Eat iron, kholek. Eat, it.
>>
>>339239170
You can destroy the chaos army faction. I have done it before.
>>
How do you even win in the campaign? It just seems like it never fucking ends because you can't actually kill the faction leaders.
>>
>>339239214
Ask china
>>
>>339239257
Wut, didn't know that i just raided there shit and destroyed all there armies and 'cause of all the varg and skaellig raiding my northern and westers borders lost track and they popped up again.

Didn't think you could actually wipe em.
>>
>>339236372
GRUDES MOTHERFUCKER
When i played as dwarves one of the other holds would not even stop fighting the other factions when everything around them was swallowed up by chaos, they even asked me to join their war every turn
>>
>It's a doomstack guarding a capital @ turn 5 episode

how

I'd appreciate it if the AI at least had some pretense of fair play before outright fucking cheating so early
>>
>>339239170
It was just 5 fucking turns. I don't even know how they managed to respawn with new armies and march down that far again in that small time scale. Archaon must've respawned the fucking turn I killed him. I thought I bought at least a couple dozen turns.
Also I expected an announcement again when they show up.
Anyway, I think they fucked off to raid the northern humans now, as opposed to last time where they purposefully ignored everything just to fuck me over, so I think I'll be ok for a little.
>>
>>339239276
That one guy posted a pick of his empire run with everything raided and purged. It's possible but the victory conditions are boring as hell really.

I just spend my time defending and building those exclusive building in certain cities for all the upgrades they give and then i go stomp some chaos and orks.
>>
>>339235158
It does look like those who know the Warhammer lore will absolutely love it, that's my case. Now those stranger to it but regular player of the TW franchise seem to dislike it.
>>
>>339239276
you can kill the leaders
just gotta stomp them twice in one turn
>>
>>339239392
>It's a whiner wanting easy mode game episode
>>
>>339239345
You cant destroy varg or skaeliig. I am talking about archaon's faction
>>
It's good, I like it.

The simplified city building just gets tedious after a while. Babysit all your new provinces, building the same structures in them, except maybe when you want to setup a forward recruiting province.

Glad they got rid of unit abilities. Juggling cooldowns wasn't fun and they went overboard with that shit in Rome 2 and Attila. Now you'll have to manage cooldowns and WoM reserves a handful of hero units, for better effect.

Balance needs to be improved. It's been proven that monstrous units like trolls suck ass for their cost and Demigryph knights rule the meta.
>>
how am i supposed to stop those fucking chaos raider jarls
>>
>>339239392
>I just let my enemies build their defenses up

Well maybe you should actively do something about it faggot.
>>
>>339239276
I have won in empire cause they are easy. Dwarf as well. I have put myself in a winning position as VC but I refuse to go south to fight the faggot dwarfs due to lmao attrition and no settlements. Playing orcs atm.
>>
>>339235158
Never cared about Warhammer, but this is the best TW yet.

Factions are varied as fuck, the new units and unit types are amazing, and for the first time ever the AI is acutally competant.

My only complaints so far is the reworked siege battles are just as bad as the old ones, but now a new kind of bad, and there's not a lot of variety on your playthroughs atm because there's only 6 factions.

>>339236086
Food, sanitation, and religion management was tedious, boring, easy, and in the end added absolutely nothing to the campaign.

The game is Total War. When you aren't at war you're preparing for your next one. If you want to click through menus and paint maps thoughtlessly go play Paradox games.
>>
>Tfw i am the strongest faction after everyone else was weakened/destroyed by chaos invasions
>>
>>339239563
Ambush. Chokepoints on the maps. Garrisons.
>>
>>339236550

The battles are generally harder though.

Every TW prior Attila was an exercise of setting lines on a doorstep and watching the AI moshpit to their deaths into it or raining arrows onto them as they sit and take it without fighting back or doing anything.

You need to take off your autistic nostalgia glasses, little bud. Even Shogun 2 is unplayable in comparison.
>>
Im glad im not the only calling out this game for how barebones it is.

Seems like a good number of idiots fell for the smoke and mirrors and are actually thanking CA for doing less with the game.

Newsflash, some of us enjoying managing the kingdom both inside and outside the battle engine. I guess setting the game on easy and using auto-managers wasnt enough, no lets take it out so the impatient simpletons have less to think about.

I wish they just kept the administration-hater crowd satisfied with the Greenskins. Play Orcs, have no formations, no bookkeeping, just battles and territory markers.
>>
Those screaming for Skaven or High/Dark Elves to be added, you might want to try Mark of Chaos Battlemarch, its pretty mediocre but it passes the time
>>
>>339239756
So there's no way to actually stop it? I tried razing them but all my armies died of attrition
>>
>>339238193
Dwarf runesmiths can suppress magic to an extent.
>>
>>339238964
You're supposed to use your agents to spread corruption so you don't take attrition.
>>
>>339239842
>I like sanitation and food management from attila
Said no one ever
>>
>>339239842
after the disasters of Empire and Rome II i am just glad this isnt a complete disappointment, my expectations were so low that even facebook game tier total war is fine at this point
>>
File: 364360_20160529094152_1.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
364360_20160529094152_1.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>your lack of Chaos mutations makes me sick
>>
>>339239842
>Newsflash, some of us enjoying managing the kingdom both inside and outside the battle engine. I guess setting the game on easy and using auto-managers wasn't enough, no lets take it out so the impatient simpletons have less to think about.
Why does everyone who defends the old system pretend like it was hard? Nothing about it was hard. It was boring and brought nothing to the gameplay

>have no formations
The formations are on by default now. Because literally everyone just set their formations on before the battle began and never turned them off.
>>
File: 1404806148000.gif (2 MB, 400x250) Image search: [Google]
1404806148000.gif
2 MB, 400x250
>Faction strength at number 1 as Orks
>still apparently nowhere near winning despite controlling the entire part of the map South of the the Dwarf capital and the Border Princes faction
>Constant back and forth against Dwarves and can't progress further against them with them constantly sending armies

Jesus, the tedium is starting to get real
>>
>>339239924
The the entire south? That is easily going to take 200 turns minimum since you can't take settlements for the adjacent bonuses
>>
>>339239507
Legendary heroes can only be injured.

You can wipe out the faction to get rid of them though.
>>
>>339239978
The should just go back to being able to build as many things as you want in a city. Does anyone actually enjoy their retarded little game of balance they have going on when you can only build six things in a city with half of them having massive penalties to arbitrary mechanics?
>>
>>339239007
Use banshee or whatever your faction has that can block armies. Make sure to defeat all armies in 1 or 2 turns then you will defeat chaos for a good while. They will be wiped out but I think they come back after a while. If you want to make the next wave less of a pain go and raze all Varg and Skaeling settlements.
>>
>>339238853
>Having the map populated by a dozen German/Roman/Eastern/Nomad sub factions using the same units that exist only to be absorbed by the main faction of each DOES NOT count as more than 4 separate factions.
>>
>>339239861
I think they will come back after you slap their shit down. Just pay Brettonia to go to war against them or the dwarfs if they aren't dead
>>
File: 1463665273874.gif (2 MB, 540x304) Image search: [Google]
1463665273874.gif
2 MB, 540x304
>>339238193
I've restarted Vamps a lot of times, playing as Von Necksucker every time with my main strat being Spam the fuck out of soulsuck on the enemy general till he dies.

I've never once noticed a spell failing. Maybe he's just immune it, but I've also played some of the other mages too and still never noticed it, I'm starting to doubt the feature actually functions.
>>
>>339240083
They changed that to add challenge. You have to manage what your provinces do now, and where you'll be able to reinforce.

It was kind of a joke in ME2 and Rome when you could turn every city into a supercity and reinforce immediately after you conquer, while also constantly having forward bases.
>>
>Enemy has one full army
>I have three
>he goes into marching stance and runs past my armies and into my territories
>can never fully catch up to him
>eventually he reaches an unprotected settlement and raises it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK6TXMsvgQg
>>
>>339240206
>>339238193
Spells can miscast?

Wat?
>>
>>339240083
So you say the current system is simplified and you want to simplify it more?
>>
>>339240341
Exactly.
>>
>>339240341
You can also overcast.
>>
>>339240206
Double click to charge them up. They will miscast if you charge them.
>>
>>339240341
If they can, I have yet to see it happen even once and I've got at least 20 hours played.
>>
People who want skaves, or play chaos/vamps are edgelords.

People who play dwarves or orkz are pathetic manchildren

People who play the Empire is boring as fuck normies.
>>
>>339240461
The chance of a miscast is almost 0% unless you overcharge the spells.

I've had a handful of misscasts from the small amount of magic I've used
>>
>1 failed ork campaign
>1 failed VC campaign
>2 failed chaos campaigns

Guess I'll go dwarf ezmode.
>>
>>339240214
>It was kind of a joke in ME2 and Rome when you could turn every city into a supercity and reinforce immediately after you conquer
You couldn't though. All the important buildings took money and a lot of turns to build. It was only in the late game when you were rolling in cash and had already won taht you could start maxing out every settlement.

>>339240346
I don't dislike it for being simple, I dislike it for being arbitrary. It feels like a really shitty way to add challenge to a portion of the game that doesn't require it. The fact that your capital can't be turned into both an economic and military powerhouse really annoys me. You could get the same challenging result by upping build costs and times rather than limited the player to such a tiny number of slots with the retarded food and order systems ontop of that.
>>
>>339240452
Oh ok.
>>
File: 364360_20160525081214_1.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
364360_20160525081214_1.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>once got this really cool hellish visual tone in Central Chaos Wastes
>never happened again
sad
>>
>>339240549
>You couldn't though. All the important buildings took money and a lot of turns to build.
Which meant nothing, because every town was pumping out retarded amounts of money, and it only took a few turns to pump out end game barracks.

You say the new system is simplified, but limiting your options isn't necessarily simplification. It takes infinitely more thought than the old one. Which is saying something, because it's still ez pz.
>>
>>339240516
God i wish i was as superior as you
how fortunate you graces us mere mortals with your divine presence
>>
>>339240962
No need to thank me, it's my duty as sovereign superior to awaken you sheeple from your petty entertainment and foolishly dumb games.
>>
File: 1464145726405.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1464145726405.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
thanks to whoever made this screenshot
>>
Haven't played since Shogun 2 but
>No unit abilities
>No formations
>Game looks really ugly
>>
>>339235158
It's the best Total War I've played and I'm not a Warhammer fanboy at all
>>
>>339240341
When spells miscast they still go off, but they damage the caster a bit. Overcasting is definitely worth it for some spells.
>>
>>339240681
>because every town was pumping out retarded amounts of money
then decrease that

> it only took a few turns to pump out end game barracks
then increase that

I'm saying that they should have just fixed the system that was already in place rather than ditch it and replace it with the one we have now.
>>
>>339241101
>No unit abilities
But that's objectively false

>No formations
They're on by default. The only missing one is wedge, which is unfortunate.

>Game looks really ugly
wut
>>
>>339241023
and what entertainment does one partake in instead?
>>
>>339241212
>They're on by default

What do you mean by on?
>>
>>339241209
Sure, that would work too.

They went this direction though, and it doesn't really bother me. TW campaign management has always been shallower than a kiddy pool, and only serve to set up battles.
>>
>>339241224
Shogun 1, maybe Medieval 1 for variety. Older games are superior to dumb trash that gets passed as games today, just like people.
>>
>>339241224

Being a faggot on 4chan like all of the true master race
>>
>>339241257
units with shields/spears are automatically given the bonuses of shieldwall/spearwall/tetsudo. They even raise up their shields to block inc arrow volleys.
>>
>>339241282
I agree, but the reson it upsets me is that before it was still kind of fun whereas now it just feels silly and super gamey.
>>
>>339240028
>It was boring and brought nothing to the gameplay

No thats just your opinion. The gameplay was having to manage what you built, a city churning out heavy infantry needed more food. A different city would be used as the produce area. Buildings which gave easy money or food might force a sacrifice with squalor and sanitation penalties that had to be offset elsewhere. Other buildings took on order in exchange for food.

Battles get boring if you play them long enough.
The whole game gets boring depending how long you are interested in the latest total war.

I fucking wonder why you people even played SP campaigns. The hardest challenge in battles is always going to be online.
>>
>>339241307
Shogun and Medieval are literally garbage. The overmap is ugly as fuck and plays like fucking RISK and the camera controls were complete shit.

Rather go play some Total Annihilation than that shit.
>>
>>339235158
>>339235158
game's fucking good. no bugs, last one that was good was shogun 2.

i'm telling all you niggas, there's at least 2 or 3 different teams working on these games.
>>
File: 364360_20160524060602_1.png (2 MB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
364360_20160524060602_1.png
2 MB, 1680x1050
Chaos fags fuck off
>>
File: 1409171244470.jpg (153 KB, 565x774) Image search: [Google]
1409171244470.jpg
153 KB, 565x774
>>339241307
Those animated throne rooms with the advisor were really something, also a shame they got rid of the little clips for agent activities and such
>>
>>339241307

The AI of Shogun and Medieval are probably more on your mental brainwave.

I'm happy for you that you can still manage to stomach playing a game where the enemies don't fight back because the intelligence of the bots relates to your own.
>>
>>339241631
>No thats just your opinion.
It was also the opinion of the majority of the fanbase and the developers themselves.
>>
>>339236214
Likely last given their mechanics. They say they're doing every race with an army book though so that's good.
>>
File: 364360_20160529101530_1.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
364360_20160529101530_1.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>339241101
>game looks ugly
>>
>>339241814
The AI's changed? I'm probably not as old or retarded as the guy you're replying to but that's still news to me.
>>
>>339241814
>Implying
Shogun 1 is extremely difficult compared to later TWs. You're bound to get assraped unless you really know what you're doing.
>>
>>339241830
I am not wholly familiar with the fantasy races, will there be as much difference between them as is now the case or will it be more similar to what we already have?
>>
>empire knights losing melee to dwarf quarrelers
>>
>>339235070
Nothing, except the amount of butthurt that has occurred due to historyfag shitposting.

Its still the best TW game by far.
>>
>>339241631

>Battles get boring if you play them long enough.

That's what the entire game is about, nothing else. Nobody would play TW if it didn't have them because if people want autistic economy simulators they'd play Vic2.

Buildings add literally NOTHING to the game, but since you're so passionate about them can you post a picture of yourself?

I'd love to see what kind of beta nerdlet it takes to get this worked up over sanitation buildings.
>>
EMPIRE MASTER RACE
GIT FUCKED
>>
>>339241982
The ''''''''''historybuff'''''''''''' and piratefag asspain has been glorious.
>>
>>339241897

>Shogun 1 is extremely difficult compared to later TWs.

Yeah I bet. Being a retard with a sub 80 IQ I bet those AI really make you think.

I've played all the TW games bud, in all of them they lay there and take it.
>>
File: backstab.webm (2 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
backstab.webm
2 MB, 854x480
>>
`Suprised the Medieval 2 warhammer mod semen gobbler hasnt stuck his head out yet
>>
>>339239117
that's a really nice screenshot. Got more like it?
>>
>>339242091
He'll show up, Anon.

He literally always does. For a mod and game that's so amazing he doesn't spend much time playing it.
>>
>>339242059
>Ork dies after one weak stab
Dropped.
>>
>>339236768
>chuck norris
>ifunny.co watermark
Jesus Fucking Christ, who linked you here?
>>
>>339241026
>Oh Sigmar I'm having flashbacks!
>This is how I died the first time!
>>
>>339242170
What do you guys use to record and make webms? Shadowplay?

I really want to capture a swooping Deathclaw charge.
>>
>>339239117
>>339242113
Oh fuck it was a screenshot?
>>
>>339242050
You sure enjoy making up lies to validate yourself
>>
>>339241817
Nice, keep making stuff up. You have the warhammer crowd who've never played TW to back you up. I cant even get mad at them cause they dont know better.

>>339241983
Go play Bethesda games, you are the perfect moronic fanboy for devs who like to cut features.
>>
>>339242231
meant for
>>339242059
>>
This is literally the only Total War game that actually feels like "total war"
>>
>>339241881

Attila and Warhammer have entirely different AI, and not only is it decent; I think its some of the best in strat games right now.

I wish they'd port it to Rome 2 at least, seeing troops moshpit their entire army down a bridge only to get arrows rained on them and die en masse is retarded. They don't do this in either of the games that followed.
>>
File: Empire Arty.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Empire Arty.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
Im sorry what, cant hear you over the sound of fun
>>
File: Capture.png (21 KB, 264x151) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
21 KB, 264x151
>>339242259
>Nice, keep making stuff up. You have the warhammer crowd who've never played TW to back you up. I cant even get mad at them cause they dont know better.
k
>>
>>339242302
kek those are literally the only two I haven't played yet because Rome 2 was hot steamy ass. Rip 5 me.
>>
>>339240043
Yeah, conquering the dwarves 'cause of the way their lands are build is fucking tedious. Can't in anyway steamroll them.
>>
File: Girls.png (490 KB, 449x401) Image search: [Google]
Girls.png
490 KB, 449x401
>>339242259

>sanitation buildings are a feature

You can't make this shit up. Why even spend your time here being upset? Why not go make an M2 thread for any other autistic fags to join you and you can all have a better time talking alone by yourself because being that autistic is a rarity.
>>
>>339242215
>cares about watermarks
Whatever.
>>
>>339241969
You know how tough, armored, and more experienced a dwarf is compared to those highborn jerks?
>>
File: thefront.webm (3 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
thefront.webm
3 MB, 854x480
>>339242231
Shadowplay, webm for retards
It's easy
>>
>>339242215
Someone on TW forums. They said you guys were epic and knew what you were talking about. Other than a few dumbasses, they were right. Gonna settle right down and stay here for a long time. Maybe bring my friends along too!
>>
>>339242330
No i wasnt asking for your purchase history dumbass

Its easy to see why empire management is such a turn off, you can barely comprehend whats written on a message-board.
>>
>>339240318
Had this happen when chaos invaded and kholek was the only one left.

Fucking kholek man.
>>
>>339242420
Thanks, senpai.
>>
It's fucking retarded that undeads can't use missile weaponry. Fuck this stupid casual shit
>>
>>339242441
No, you were implying that myself and everyone else who disagrees with you isn't a Total War fan.

But you're just a faggot and your shit is all retarded. Stay mad the games are improving in a way you don't like. You can always go play Paradox games if you want to click through menus.
>>
File: Maus.jpg (162 KB, 700x714) Image search: [Google]
Maus.jpg
162 KB, 700x714
Can't make troops without them being attached to a general.
So you can't make troops to protect your empire. You only get a small handful of garrisoned troops from buildings which are very rarely enough to beat back an attacking army.

If your generals and armies are rolling around in one end of the map and some orc shit starts taking over your stuff in the other end, it's game over for you.
>>
File: 1452811008683.png (201 KB, 305x407) Image search: [Google]
1452811008683.png
201 KB, 305x407
>orcs UP
>Dwarves and the imperium OP
>>
>>339242553
max level garrison gives you walls

Which is more than enough to stop a 20 stack, if you cant do that, you suck.
>>
>>339242553
>So you can't make troops to protect your empire. You only get a small handful of garrisoned troops from buildings which are very rarely enough to beat back an attacking army.

Upgrade your cities and build watchhouses and tall wals. the only thing choas now raides is it's own defunct capital.
>>
>>339235158
It's the best Total War since Shogun 2. But you would be suited to read all the unit information went they come up. Because it's Warhammer, somethings may work differently than you expect in terms of interactions.

Oh, and the campaign, easily the best so far. Each faction is completly different. Fucking Chaos don't need no stinking settlements, we just steal your shit, burn your town to the ground, and move onto the next town.
>>
File: 1464434873495.jpg (1 MB, 1920x2156) Image search: [Google]
1464434873495.jpg
1 MB, 1920x2156
>>339241875

Some of these people have to lie to themselves and others in order to justify their shitposting. Guy was saying Shogun 2 is a fantastic looking game meanwhile Warhammer looks bad.
>>
File: JA4Bi03.png (19 KB, 935x66) Image search: [Google]
JA4Bi03.png
19 KB, 935x66
Post the first faction you beat legendary on.
>>
My two cents on the matter. I've been playing since it launched so far, beaten the empire campaign and have nearly won the chaos campaign and a fair way into the dwarf campaign. So fair warning if you don't want any potential spoilers stop here. (As an aside I play on normal difficulty and have played most all total wars with the exception of napolean and the original shogun and medieval.)

Unlike other past total wars with the exception of hordes in barbarian and atilla total wars, each faction thus far has played drastically differently.

Naval battles missing is fine in my opinion as this engine seems to be shit at them. In Rome 2 and attilla they are still broken as hell where units constantly get stuck on each other and Ive watched entire marine crews suicide into the ocean when they attempt to board and miss the boat. The fact that special formations are missing in this game also seems fine to me as you don't need them in my opinion with the unit diversity and most all formations in past total war games have been buggy or outright useless anyways (Looking at you medieval 2 pike/halberd formations)

Simplified sieges seems fine to me as enlarging them just made it exploitative in past games for how badly The AI could get juked. And settlement battles were again just as potentially exploitative through using impervious impassable buildings to hang out in the backyards of. The campaign doesn't have near as much micromanaging like sanitation shit (What my undead don't get cholera? heresy!). That would be one example where the game would potentially be imbalanced as sanitation would likely only be a factor for 2 of the 5 playable factions.

Each economy unlike in past total war games is quite different. Empire is the most vanilla, Dwarves have a heavy trade/production income bonus focus which makes taking dwarven settlements that open into imperial/bretonnian valleys a boon. Orcs have a shit economy but get bonuses to sacking/raiding. To be continued.
>>
Are we actually going to get the ability to play bretonnians in the grand campaign or what? This custom battle only shit is killing me.
>>
>>339242631
>max level garrison
You have no fucking clue how long that takes to get to.
When you can't expand without fear of losing your shit you end up having to turtle while the AI armies grow stronger, not restricted by the same rules and limitations as you.
>>
>>339242553
That does suck that you can manually supplement a garrison. Even if you had to use a Hero/Lord to do it I would be fine with that.

That being said garrisons are somewhat decent once you actually build up the defenses.
>>
File: 20160528203654_1.jpg (303 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160528203654_1.jpg
303 KB, 1920x1080
I suck at screenshots but I love some artillery.
>>
>>339237574
>No unit abilities/stances/formations
Formations and stances were never that fleshed out to begin with and saying that there are no unit abilities in a game with multiple schools of magic along with heroes and lords with skill based abilities is stupid.
>No town battles.
This just shows you haven't played the game. There are town battles if the town in question has built a wall (one of the options). Otherwise the opposing force sallies forth to minimise casualties and meet on an open field (this makes sense).
>No naval battles.
Good. They were shit in every total war to date and the old world map is basically just one giant land mass so what did you expect?
>Next to no empire management (no tax options, generals can't die of old age, no food to manage, no diplomacy options like gifting cities, no family tree stuff).
Taxation is a minor bummer, but everything else makes sense in context. Sanitation was a shit addition in Attila that slowed the game down needlessly and was universally reviled by the fan base. Family trees would be great for the Empire and perhaps for Dwarfs, but monstrous races don't produce in the same way so I don't see how you'd factor in a 'family tree' for a race like the orcs (sentient fungus). Legendary lords also make family trees somewhat unnecessary as the idea is that you're gradually building this one individual into a powerhouse throughout the campaign; nobody wants Archeon to suddenly die of old age at turn 170 only to be left with his 16 year old wife's son at rank 1. Given the fact that each faction's units are totally unique for the first time ever with unique mechanics, they get a pass on the whole five factions thing. Just because you can't take a settlement doesn't mean you can just ignore the enemy - as the vampire counts, you should be raising dwarf settlements if you want to survive late game. There was also a mod released within the first hour that made all settlements obtainable if it bothers you that much.
>>
>>339242203
they were on the frontline, so probably wounded
>>
>>339242732
Bretonnia campaign will be FreeLC a few weeks after launch is what they said.
>>
>>339242787

Anon I don't mean to be a dick but can you please scrounge up a source for that claim?

Cause god I want that to be true.
>>
>>339242732
They will be added later this year
>>
>>339242728
I like the way the siege battles with walls works now. Before it was easy to make the AI split its force up and cheese it.
>>
File: 700px-FLC_Array_FINAL.jpg (112 KB, 700x266) Image search: [Google]
700px-FLC_Array_FINAL.jpg
112 KB, 700x266
>>339242843
They've said it at least a thousand times.

We're also getting new free lords, heroes, magics, units, etc..
>>
>>339242553
>how do I make an army that stays in my cities protecting my terretories

are you fucking stupid?
>>
>>339242762
>There are town battles if the town in question has built a wall (one of the options). Otherwise the opposing force sallies forth to minimise casualties and meet on an open field (this makes sense).

you're just beeing as dumb as a nigger now, aren't you? let's see who will minimise casualties in attila
>>
>>339242542
You need to stop flying the casual banner so high and accept the fact that people enjoyed other facets of the game.

The devs would love to make more money with less effort. Sucking their dick like this will only lead to features being cut that people like you care about.
>>
File: 364360_20160529102634_1.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
364360_20160529102634_1.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
I have a west country accent and every time I hear the Bretonnians speak I do a double take
>>
Tips for V hard campaign?

I just can't stop all these doomstacks
>>
I seriously don't understand how people don't get bored of this after one day

All you do is fight simplistic battle after simplistic battle
>>
>>339242743
Fucking Dwarf Cannons man. That combined with Quarralers/Thunderers. Holy shit I am loving it.

Artillery feels so much meatier in this than in previous games for me.
>>
>>339238964
You don't take attrition as undead while laying siege or raiding. You send one stack in to besiege the settlement and send another in close by with raiding stance. Alternatively, you can also send agents in to spread corruption or follow the research chain that allows adjacent provinces to automatically spread corruption.
>>
>>339242843
http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War:_WARHAMMER_Future_Content_Blog
>>
>>339235158

It's my GOTY.
>>
File: dwarfwarhammer.jpg (197 KB, 1000x1159) Image search: [Google]
dwarfwarhammer.jpg
197 KB, 1000x1159
>start as dwarf
>make a full army of shitty starter units in an attempt to defend against the ten armies of fucking orcs at my borders
>it crushes my economy completely
>restart campaign
>make an army half the size of the first and try to take some land
>newly taken land breaks out in rebellions and I can't build anything to appease them because I can't take the main part of the area since it's owned by some other dwarves
>restart campaign
>change strategy since I can't hold or defend land and can't make any fucking money
>roll into undefended orc cities and loot and raze the shit out of them
>they don't have any fucking cash
>surrounded by orcs
>if I raze and burn their towns I can't share borders with the empire and can't establish trade
>no trade no money

I thought dwarves would be fun.
By the time I unlock cannons, even making ONE would bankrupt me.
>>
>>339243116
I don't understand how people like game x

All you do is y after y
>>
>>339242995
YOU must be pretty fucking stupid, you moronic halfwit. Who the fuck makes an army that is a massive drain on resources with limited movement to protect a huge area of land that will be fucked long before your army gets there?

Your dumb ass, it would seem.
>>
So outside the 5 playable factions, what are the other unique factions (that has their own types of troops for example)?

From the map, it seems like norscans and wood elves should be in it, also not-spain and not-italy
>>
>>339240043

Sounds like you need to build more armies, you should be making mad dosh now
>>
>>339242959

I mean the window for brets being brought in weeks rather than months.

I just want my fucking knights and castles man.
>>
>>339243302
Bretonians are all but confirmed as FLC in the coming weeks and the Wood Elves are speculated to come as a DLC with a mini-campaign.

I don't think Border Princes and Talia is going to get armies since they don't have them in the tabletop game.
>>
>>339243302

Those will probably be added later on, currently I think they are working on completing Bretonia for that free-lc. They are playable currently with a mod but not yet complete
>>
>>339243396
I didn't mean as playable, just as minor factions with different units than the playable ones.
>>
>>339243393
They said it in one of the pre-release streams.
It's almost done, it shouldn't take long.
>>
File: Beastman.jpg (128 KB, 796x672) Image search: [Google]
Beastman.jpg
128 KB, 796x672
WHEN
H
E
N
>>
>>339243205
I had similar problems when I first started their campaign. If you turn off the tax for the starting province you can manage the happiness issue. Then put it on later once you have secured the province.

Then you can slowly build up armies to antagonise the greenskins. Let the purple dwarves to the west deal with them to start with.

And you can raise some of their settlements to the south for decent money after a while. Just remember to go under the mountains and not waste time going around them.

Once you get those Cannons though the tables will turn and you can wreck their shit and break them before they manage to completely launch their masses into your lines.
>>
>>339243448
Savage Orcs have unique units.
>>
I am unhappy that each territory consists of several smaller ones and that you need to take them all in order to have any kind of control over your shit.
It wasn't fun in Attila either.

It just means that you'll have areas that are always pissed off and rebelling because your ally is a fuckhead who won't upgrade his part of your shared territory properly and you can't kill him either.
>>
>>339243517
>Just remember to go under the mountains and not waste time going around them.
The game never explained how to do this.
>>
>>339243541
>If they are an ally, get them to confederate
>If they are not an ally, then just fucking kill them and take their shit
>>
If you aren't playing on legendary you are fucking casual as fuck
>>
>>339243604
Yeah took me a bit to work it out as well. Change your stance to use the underways. It is the button on the bottom left when you have an army selected. You need to have not moved yet to be able to select it. Then click wherever is yellow and you go straight there. But Orcs/Goblins have a chance to intercept you if they are in the area, just as you do them. And if you get caught in the underway you can't retreat, and any heros that fall there will die.
>>
>>339242728
Continued

Sacking as chaos makes fucking bank (10k on small settlements and ive gotten up to 54k on major imperial/undead cities).

Undead I haven't messed much with yet but Im sure they have their quarks.

I hear a lot of people are having trouble with attrition. Raiding stance negates attrition for when you are on long campaigns. Lords also can get attrition loss reduction in the campaign ranking tree. For example all 3 points I noticed will nearly negate the attrition penalty for having chaos armies too close to each other. Also it seems like forced march increases attrition penalties. This is how I dealt with the Nordsca in their harsh winter climate by raid marching through them (Because a late tier imperial army will rape nordsca tribes as they are limited to early tier chaos). If you raze all the nordsca they will not be coming back. This goes for any faction. If chaos isn't gone they still have a hoard somewhere. And as long as you have hoards you can rebuild.

Speaking of which I found the chaos campaign to be oddly more fun that I thought it would be. The game encourages you to beat the nordsca into submission (I awakened each potential nordsca faction and proceeded to force them into subjugated vassals. Now in my chaos campaign they are too fractured and get fucked by their rival nordsca if they turn on me and they can't fight back.) I fucking wiped the undead because those fuckers tend to betray me and the greenskins keep giving me money while we mutually burn the world of men. If the enemy gets too hostile in a region you can often peace off to the seas and engage in pirate coastal raids until you have rebuilt your hordes.

I feel like more so than any past total war warhammer offers varied play styles in its factions and actually rewards you for stepping into the minds of these factions.

To be continued
>>
>>339243604
its a stance, in case you dont know how to use them, they are underneath your generals portrait. dont worry it took me 50 turns till i figured out how to use them myswelf
>>
>>339243715

playing on very hard, its the same difficulty as legendary without the fucking locked camera
>>
Should I keep my Grudge Throwers around once I get cannons? Or are cannons a straight upgrade from Grudge Throwers?
>>
Any tips for vampire counts? Should I just expand west while trying to keep dwarves appeased by occasionally helping them against greenskins?
>>
>>339243520
They do?

I was somewhat disappointed to see that their lords were just generic Orc lords.
>>
>All the CA shills ITT
Wew guys, just accept that they've gone to shit and that all the dollars and hours you spent were for nothing
>>
File: pepepose.png (132 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
pepepose.png
132 KB, 640x360
>>339244074
>he's still mad he can't pirate it
>>
>>339239643
I have had a quest battle sitting in the southern badlands for 200 turns as VC. I just realised that raiding stance makes you immune to attrition. So I'm currently raiding my way across the south
>>
File: 1461005755740.jpg (111 KB, 766x1042) Image search: [Google]
1461005755740.jpg
111 KB, 766x1042
>>339235070

Empire.

That's when the problems started. We didn't notice too much in Shogun 2 because of the geography of Japan but the problems were still there too.

Let me explain : with empire, they launched the idea that your buildings are outside the city. Therefore, instead of staying on the roads, the ennemies started to send 1 unit army to raid your buildings. Even when you catch these 1 unit armies they run away before being destroyed and then you have something like 20 ennemy soldiers that you can't catch who destroy your economy. It became tedious.

Add to that the fact that the AI is overly aggressive to the point of making the diplomacy pointless. They don't even have a stragegy they just want to piss off the human player. So, a nation surrounded by ennemies, with only one city left, besieged by your mighty army...will refuse a peace treaty with the human player. At this point it's not a question of difficulty, it's just stupid.

This is also linked with the way the AI use their agents. No matter the nation, they send all their agents against the human player, despite the fact that they are losing a war against an another faction and face extinction. The worst case was in Rome 2 when the Britons would send agents against the egyptian human player...

One could also add the fact that "minor factions" are so boosted that the ones you care about, the big ones, get destroyed by the nobodies who can, with only 1 settlement, raise a bigger army than a 4 provinces nation.

Ho, and the public order. Now you have to play benny hill with the ennemy that you can't catch. Sometimes, they manage to jump on one of your cities (you can't afford to let big garrisons everywhere), you take the city back the very next turn but enjoy being forced to let your army here for 20 turns in order to avoid a rebellion.
>>
>>339244074
scoffed le aloof neckbead who laughs at the quarrels of mortals. why cant you accept that this game is actually appealing to some people?
>>
Blood and gore when?
>>
>>339243887
Cannons are for fucking up enemy artillery or monstrous creatures. Your grudge throwers are still good for crushing troops.
>>
>>339242741
Its tier 3 only, which is 2 pop, which is fucking nothing.

Stop bitching about how much you suck
>>
>>339244278
So it's like TT, then.

Thanks, my man.
>>
>>339237827
There's a mod for that
>>
>>339243887
Grudge Throwers are still somewhat useful since they don't need a more or less direct line of sight. And you can put things in front of them without worrying.

But Cannons are your better option in general.
>>
>>339244159

Why bother posting if you haven't played a TW game in 5 years?

First off, all buildings have been inside settlements since Rome 2 again.

Secondly, your strength rating is a big part in how aggressive the AI is.

Third, and this one is a very small criticism since most people don't get this at all. Yes, AI will run from you if your strength is overwhelming to their own. If it comes closer to even they will fight you so you don't have to chase them down. This one really SHOULD be common sense, but a lot of people don't get it so I'll try not to be too condescending about it.
>>
>>339239993
>three units of chaos trolls charge my big 'uns
>they get their shit rekt
Mork Bless that banner of flame
>>
>>339243205
1. Take your main province
2. Rush north and take the city and town there, get the gold mine running and put down as much public order buildings as you can afford
3. Rush back to your main, it will be overrun with orcs, camp your main settlement and break the orcs down

Its fundamental you get the gold mine to your north first and not let the other dwarfs take it before you.
>>
>>339240043
Try making alliances with the non cunt orks rather than outright absorbing them
They usually screen your shit for you and allow you to do pretty much whatever you want
>>
>>339242732
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJaI8rK_30o

So far only a mod, but we'll almost certainly see an FLC at some point.
>>
>>339241923
Each race will be completely different.
>>
>>339244470
There are also gold and iron mines to the south. You just need to kill orcs to get them.
>>
File: JUST DO IT.png (765 KB, 665x650) Image search: [Google]
JUST DO IT.png
765 KB, 665x650
>>339244531
>orks
fuck. forgive me
>>
File: sun_lutang.jpg (14 KB, 267x355) Image search: [Google]
sun_lutang.jpg
14 KB, 267x355
>>339241814
How dare you challenge the great mind of a sovereign? They don't fight back to reflect a mentality of zen. It is a deep game with rich philosophy about grand historical events of superior nation. "Overcome by inaction" - wisdom of Lao-Lee folded thousand times, greatest vietnamese buddist.
>>
>>339235070
My only problem is that its fucking impossible to catch an enemy army. YOU CANT EVEN WALL THEM OFF THEY JUST RUN AROUND YOU AND RUN AWAY.

I've tried to stop so many raids on my cities only for them to march right the fuck around me and attack it and even though my army is RIGHT THERE they couldent help. Then they would fuck off and while they were just barely in reach they just fled leaving them out of reach.

I've made about 5 times as many armies in this game then I have in any other total war game and its just to try and fucking trap these fuckers. Its ridiculous that I need three armies running around just to kill one enemy army.

Everything else in the game is great. Wish it had a little more but is perfectly great in its own right. Its just this one thing that ruins it for me.
>>
>>339244598
Yeah, but its far harder to kill the orcs and get that income than it is to get the gold mine to the north, and that extra 1k a turn will be a huge buff with the orc war.
>>
>>339242435
>they said you guys were epic
Please let this be bait.
>>
>>339244705
Raid their cities, or bait them with a small army.

It's annoying as fuck, but once you've done enough damage they usually come back.
>>
The worst problem with the game is that it's not fucking fun.

For example, I have three settlements in close proximity. My main army is sitting on one of them. A goblin army runs in, rushes past the settlement with my army inside and immediately sacks and razes one of the others.
PUBLIC ORDER DOWN
GRUDGE ISSUED
SETTLEMENT LOST

I move my dwarf army out to try and stop them, but the goblins can move further so they just run right to the next and does the same.
PUBLIC ORDER DOWN
GRUDGE ISSUED
SETTLEMENT LOST

I try to follow them and close the distance, but they loop around and back to the settlement my army was sitting in to start with and raze it.
PUBLIC ORDER DOWN
GRUDGE ISSUED
SETTLEMENT LOST

Then they run away and I am left unable to pay for my army upkeep. All the while my army has suffered attrition every turn and has nowhere to go to rearm anyway.
It's just bullshit. There's nothing you can do. I can't hire a general and army for every single settlement.
>>
>>339244159
Most of all those greviances aren't in warhammer. There are no exteriors buildings to be raided. Although agent soam is obnoxious, The agents I have noticed stay glued to either there own provinces or adjacent ones. You won't see enemy agents unless there's a nearby region they or an ally control. Hell Im near completion on the chaos campaign and have new found respect for the benny hill tactics as you need them to survive as a hoard faction. The enemy also no longer chases you to the ends of the earth like in Atilla. And as far as the 20 man benny hill raids I also noticed penalties to your income and public order due to raiding are proportional to the enemies size. When nordsca roll through with a 3-5 stack piss ant army you can ignore them with minimal threat to your economy. I mean I'm talking 1 lord raiding in your land collects 5 gold. Of course if your playing on legendary and 6 chaos stacks show up and kick your shit in you signed up for this.
>>
>>339236139
>Flying units are op

FUCK GYROCOTERS. I have fucking 10 archers and they cant kill the fuckers before they drop their bombs and just wreck everything. I've had fights I was already done with with the "victory is assured" end in defeat because of one gyro bomber.
>>
>>339244727
Do what is right, not what is easy.

Remove Orcs.
>>
>>339238403
More laziness than anything I think because settlements look different depending on who owns them.
>>
>>339244803
In my experience they never come back unless they can win the fight. They will just sit their raiding your unprotected towns deleveling your builds or worse yet razing therm to the ground.

If my army is right next to theirs they shouldn't be allowed to move in that direction without fighting that army.
>>
>>339244806
>enemy has a strategy that pushes you shit in
>instead of adapting you repeat the same mistakes over and over again
sounds like you're a pleb
>>
>>339243060
To prevent civilian casualties and collateral damage dipshit. Armies would sally forth in the Middle Ages to protect towns and cities without walls. Given the fact that one of total war's persistent failings has been an over abundance of siege battles, the decision makes perfect sense.
>>
>>339241814
not that anon, but I recently played medieval 1, and the AI in medieval 1 is so better than recent Total War games it is not even funny.

The AI would try to out flank you, actually use cavalry to outflank and kill off your archers, I didn't have this challenge from a total war AI in recent releases.
>>
>>339243072
Except the nobility are inexplicably French...so you've got a load of Northerners being ordered about by men who sound like they're fresh from Versailles. It's a bit weird. (It is awesome that the voice actor for the Brettonian king is the same guy who did Napoleon though).
>>
>>339235158
It's my favorite total war since probably medieval 2. Much better than rome2 and attila at least.
>>
>>339245304
That voice actor voice acts almost every male "frenchie" character in gaming, dragon age, total war, Witcher 3 new DLC (I think), he is everywhere.
>>
>>339235380
they are improvements. people who don't like them are the same people who would get mad at any reduction in any feature because they don't understand that a feature being complex is not the same as being complicated. Stuff like sanitation was not complex, it was just complicated. Trivial to understand and adjust your strategy for, tedious to actually apply your strategy.

Total Wars campaign map gameplay has always been full of complication that feigns actual complexity. There's actually not much strategizing to do on the campaign map in terms of building infrastructure and what not, it's very hard to do something wrong. 99% of the real complexity on the campaign map lies in assembling the right armies and moving them into the right positions, everything else is very nearly trivial.

But people just don't get that, so they are mad when stupid shit like taxation levels are removed.
>>
>>339240318
happens all the time to me, fucking ai armies ignoring everything until they raise a settlement.

It also feels as if i never ever can catch up to them even when they are not in marching stance.
>>
I'd just wait for a bundle sale if they add Brettonia, Tomb Kings, elves, rats and lizards.
>>
>>339240540
went dwarf on hard and on turn 5 I got the message that theres already a waagh going.
>>
>>339242320
tfw try this with like 6 unjits of arty but just can't keep shit off them
What do you guys use for Empire setups?
>>
>>339243903
That's pretty much what I did. Got into alliances with the southern elector counts + dwarfs, to keep the greenskins off my back while I focus on chaos (after defeating the main empire faction of course)

Marienburg and Altdorf give you a lot of income, but fucking Drakenhof Castle is the biggest earner by far, because of its gold mines + capital bonuses. I recommend trying to get on the good side of the dwarfs, those fuckers never break a deal, so as long as you have non-aggression pact and don't annoy them, they'll protect you against orks for the most part.

At the start, just massive skellie spam works fine, as long as you outnumber you enemy. Once Chaos comes knocking, it's time up upgrade to graveguards, but you can afford it if you rolled the empire earlier.

Finally, Mannfred is a fucking killer with his death magic. Use the first death spell repeatedly to snipe commanders, and fate of bjuna to kill entire regiments of scary units. Works wonders. Raise Dead is amazing for insta-flanking, and if you THEN use the leadership reducing spell overcast (for AOE effect) many armies will just instantly rout.

I didn't like how they did Hexwraights and Cairn Wraiths though. Ethereal just means 75% physical damage reduction in this game. It should have allowed you to bypass walls and armies and shit, like in tabletop.
>>
I've been doing the quests, custom battles and multiplayer battles and I've been having fun.
>>
>>339235158

unmissable i'd say but I am a huge warhammer fan
>>
>>339240461
ITT: retards
>>
>>339244994

When the enemy won't engage me I just bypass them and take their shit. Again if you play in high difficulties you asked for this but on normal I know you can starve enemy armies (I have watched AI armies shrunk due to disbanding). Chaos bleeds money like a motherfucker without sacking and everyone else you can easily just start razing them to the ground. Take to the offensive if the enemy is benny hilling you. If you can't afford 2 stacks of 20 your either using too many elite units, not building your economy properly, or its the start of the game in which no enemy will be threatening you with multiple mad stacks. Honestly I don't understand how so many people are having trouble with orkz early game for the dwarves. Artillery and their archer/musketeers rip early orkz to ribbons and the archers and musketeers unlike the empire and orkz can actually hold a battle line. If you see Grimgor focus fire him before he wipes your entire army. Grimgor is literally the only good unit orkz have early game for dealing with dwarves. Dig in stunties and blow them to pieces. Dwarven warriors are great for holding the line but have terrible offense.
>>
>>339245831
Well enjoy your bundle sometime in 2019 or 2020.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 71

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.