[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is /v/'s opinion on this controller. I'm considering
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 3max.jpg (119 KB, 1245x700) Image search: [Google]
3max.jpg
119 KB, 1245x700
What is /v/'s opinion on this controller. I'm considering buying it for Morrowind because M&KB will be impractical for a few weeks, and sometimes you guys have a valid opinion.
>>
Just get Dualshock 4 with DS4Windows. Best solution for gamepad games.
>>
>>339233331

Best controller for emulating a mouse so really that's the only option
>>
I love mine, so good as a mouse and the paddles on the back are handy for doing stuff like reloading or jumping while still aiming
>>
It's sold out. Good luck.
>>
>>339233331
I've got mixed feelings.
It's the first controller I've ever used, and I'm finding it difficult to wrap my head around the whole process. Haven't been using it too long, however.
>>
>>339233331
The design is fucking awful, the way the grips bend is just plain retarded and I have no idea how this thing actually got produced with this design.

form factor 0/10

The shoulder buttons and triggers are nice, as for everything else...

The mouse pad thing is cool kinda, but the fact that it completely replaces the right joystick is kinda not cool, some games benefit from it, others are much worse. The fact that it takes the upper portion of the layout where every other controller has the face buttons takes some serious getting used to, completely threw me off when I first tried to use it.

The fucking huge d-pad is too sensitive for my liking, you barely tap the thing and you get a response, and also the left joystick being in the lower position is shitty and made even more shitty by the grips curving up.

And last but not least the face buttons are fucking tiny and spaced way too close together, I often found myself accidentally hitting buttons I didn't mean to while using this thing.

Button functionality and layout : 2.5/10

Seriously this thing is a piece of shit, I only got it because it was on sale and still refunded the fucking thing after 3 days. Do not buy it, there are better options seriously.
>>
>>339233795
this.

cross pad emulation sucks. especially when trying to play don't starve, so i plugged my dualshock back in.

the emulated trackball was a godsend when i had gallbladder surgery though, since it hurt like hell to be hunched over the keyboard that month.
>>
>>339233331

Love it

>Couldnt use M&K
>Pick this up
>feels great
>amazing customization
>adventure, racing, platformers god tier
>Fps is a little lame
>Discover gyro
>Fucking greatness

Theres a bit of a learning curve... but if you need a pad for your pc i cant imagine going back to microsoft sony shit
>>
>>339235004
>when i had gallbladder surgery though

Did the pain before you got surgery leave you crippled and on the floor?
>>
>>339233331
It's good for certain stuff, like platformers, adventure games and third person games. Watch this video if you want to know more.
https://youtu.be/HWf-q0FxTBM
>>
>>339233331
its only other competitor is DS4. But if you want it for morrowind, this will be better as long as the feedback works properly.

Steam controller is actually a really nice really high quality controller.
>>
>>339235228
no, I had dysfunction rather than stones. i had some dull pain but it was mostly puking and nausea for 2 years.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.