[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ask the most knowledgeable Metroid fan on /v/ anything.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: Metroid_Prime_Trilogy.jpg (95 KB, 256x360) Image search: [Google]
Metroid_Prime_Trilogy.jpg
95 KB, 256x360
Ask the most knowledgeable Metroid fan on /v/ anything.
>>
What's does nintendo's semen taste like?
>>
>>339232534
Nintendo is a corporation, not a person, I don't think it's possible for it to have semen.

Having said that, I dunno what anybody's semen tastes like.
>>
>>339232483
how does it feel knowing metroid become a joke?
>>
>>339232483

What percentage of Samus' DNA is bird?
>>
>>339232637
Would you be surprised if I told you taste of your semen directly depends on the food you've digested prior to ejaculation?
>>
>>339232643
Bad, but I haven't totally given up that it can turn around yet.

>>339232701
Probably very little, just barely enough to let her survive Zebes' atmosphere. The Chozo probably did it in a very careful way to make sure she would get the benefits of their DNA but not sprout wings or anything.
>>
I'm guessing this game is unreasonably expensive
>>
>>339232942

The physical version is, but it's on the eShop now.
>>
>>339232871

I heard pineapple makes your spunk taste delicious. Is this true?
>>
>>339233020
Don't ask me, I don't have brand loyalty.
>>
>>339232483
Are the games complete?
>>
Why does Nintendo hate Metroid?
>>
>>339232942
The collector's edition version with the metal case is almost impossible to find and costs well over 100 dollars, but the regular edition isn't that hard to find and only costs around 50. Plus, it's on eShop.

The collector's edition had a very limited run back in late 2009, but it was a heck of a product. The case is really cool.

>>339233094
I'm not sure what you mean.

>>339233134
I don't think they hate it, I think they don't know how to use it and the Wii U being a poor console has significantly compounded that.
>>
>>339232996
> but it's on the eshop now

Thanks anon, now maybe I'll try the metroid series. Super metroid first. Do I need wii remotes for it or can I use my pro controller?
>>
>>339233221
I heard it had some content cut.
>>
How much puss does Armstrong Houston get daily?
>>
>>339232534
Salty milk and phazon.
>>
>>339232483
I'm currently playing Prime 1 using the Metroid Prime Trilogy and I find the game a bit easy. Should I switch to veteran difficulty for Prime 2 and 3, or should I continue with normal and the game just gets harder later on?

Also, am I missing out on anything playing the Wii versions instead of the Gamecube versions? This is my first Metroid game and I'm loving it so far, so just want to make sure I'm getting the most out of it.
>>
>>339233586
They don't make units of measurements that high.

>>339233345
There's some effects and stuff cut, but all the content of the Prime games is in there.

>>339233796
The difficulties in the Prime games are a little wonky. Here's an explanation:
>Veteran Mode as it first appeared in Corruption is actually equatable to the Normal mode difficulty in the previous GameCube Prime games. The same thing happens in the Wii versions of Prime and Echoes, where Veteran is the new Normal difficulty, and "Normal" is in fact an easier version.

All you really miss out on, if I'm remembering correctly, is a couple graphical effects. I personally prefer the Wii version for the aiming and the Spring Ball.
>>
>>339233993
Alright thanks. I'll choose Veteran when I start Echoes.
>>
>>339233345
As OP stated they removed some minor visual effects. They also patched up alot of glitches used in speed running. Thats it though.
>>
>>339234370
Ah yeah stuff like getting Space Jump early. If you wanna play the GCN versions I'd say do it for that reason, so you can do all those fun tricks.
>>
Who the fuck actually enjoys playing the Prime series with disgusting forced motion controls
>>
What's the best song in Prime and why is it Metroid Prime Essence?
>>
>>339233796
You miss out on experiencing the crushingly hard difficulties of Prime 2's Hard Mode

especially the Boost Guardian GCN USA version
even with every upgrade obtained up until that fight, it is still VERY hard to not die
>>
File: 1449348406051.png (255 KB, 555x555) Image search: [Google]
1449348406051.png
255 KB, 555x555
>>339233993
>>339234370
I see, thanks.
>>
>>339234679
But anon, thats not [Area Ambiance Theme]
>>
>owned the metal collector's edition for like $40 off Gamestop
>Traded it to a semi-friend
>Never even beat the first 2 games and cant emulate it without crashing 20 steps in and major fps drops
What is this feeling of extreme sadness, anons?
>>
>>339234557
Everyone
The games actually play better
>>
>>339234936
Buy a Wii and mod it then pirate the collectors edition you tard.
>>
>>339232483
So... what do you think about Federation Force?
>>
>>339234804
Spider Guardian too, since the GCN version didn't have Spring Ball. Absolutely brutal pair of fights and there's a bunch of other ones that are still very difficult. Retro wasn't fucking around in the least with Echoes.

Bosses are a big reason Echoes is my favorite Metroid game but I do prefer the Wii version.

>>339234557
Lots of people, myself included.

>>339234679
I really like the menu themes in Prime 1 and Prime Trilogy and the first phase of Metroid Prime.

>>339234936
Oooof. That's a boo-boo, friend. I'd never part with my collector's edition.

>>339235180
I....really don't know. I wanna try and give the game a shot, I wanna be fair, I don't want my expectations of what a Metroid game SHOULD be to poison what could potentially be a decent little co-op romp that expands the universe's lore.

But it looks so bad. It looks like a PS1 game. I just can't get excited for it and Nintendo's been botching SO MUCH this generation, I haven't even cared enough to watch a trailer. I really don't like being so disinterested in my favorite franchise, but here we are.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.