[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shit you love in video games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: Lifeguardstation[1].jpg (476 KB, 1916x1043) Image search: [Google]
Lifeguardstation[1].jpg
476 KB, 1916x1043
>turning rundown, abandoned areas into a base of operations that gradually becomes more populated and changes according to the quests or missions you do

I fucking LOVE it when games do this.
Dishonored did it with the home hub, Skyrim did it with one of the guilds and some other places I believe (hearthfire is straight up building your own hub, so not sure if that counts), VtMB kind of does it with your apartment posters.

I'm not sure if The Witcher 1 or 2 ever did it, I seem to remember something kind of like it after clearing some area of monsters. I haven't been able to play TW3 yet but I've heard they do it with settlements, and Blood & Wine might give you a vineyard home with similar features.

As far as I'm concerned all games should have this feature. What other games do this?
>>
>>339231062

Freedom Fighters and Skies of Arcadia.
>>
>>339231062
Was kinda hopping MGSV did it. It technically does but it's supper underwhelming.
>>
>>339231062
The Division does it pretty well.
>>
>>339231395
>The Division
I thought that was a multiplayer arena type game. Is there actually a campaign?
>>
>>339231530
>multiplayer arena type game

do some research anon, wew lad.
>>
>>339231530
Only the center of the city is like that.
>>
Suikoden
>>
>>339231062
Assassin's Creed does stuff like that. Like 2 and Brotherhood.
>>
>>339231802

this
>>
>>339231136

>freedom fighters

Jesus fuck I want to replay this. I think I downloaded it for PC once, but it controlled like ass.
>>
Saints Row 2
Mad Max
>>
This is my favorite gameplay mechanic in all of video games. Specially in games where it isnt the main focus but it is extensive.
>>
>>339232415

Started playing it a few days ago, and didn't have any problems. The mouse sensitivity is insane, but that can be lowered.
>>
>>339232650

Cool, thanks Anon.

Pirating now.
>>
>>339231062
Dragon Age Inquisition
>>
>>339231062
Xenoblade Chronicles if you're crazy enough to rebuild Colony 6.
>>
>>339231062
Scareface the world is yours did it with the mansion minus more population but you could change the theme and decorate it with all kinds of shit pianos big screen tvs space suits gambling machines ect. Was a great game in general
>>
>>339232925
>scareface
Thanks autocorrect
t. Mobilefag
>>
Level-5 seems to love this.
>>
Divinity 2: DKS has large sections of the game dedicated to building up your tower, and recruiting people to populate your island.
>>
File: s2_NW.png (644 KB, 500x625) Image search: [Google]
s2_NW.png
644 KB, 500x625
>>339231802
>dat feel when castle expands as you recruit more characters

It's not customization per-se, but you still get the sense of HQ expanding. Suikoden 2 was by far the best and comfiest castle of them all.
>>
7th Dragon for the PSP allows to upgrade your base as long you are slaying dragons.
>>
>>339231062
Breath of Fire II did this great

if you invite the best engineer in the world and also rescue a certain guy during a boss fight you can turn the whole town into a giant airship
>>
In Saints Row 2 you can purchase safehouses and customise and upgrade them, and the gang's main safehouse gets periodic upgrades based on how far you progress through the game.
>>
>>339232415

i remember last time i played it i couldnt get the music working because i didnt have the disc anymore

kinda sucks i want to replay it
>>
File: AC2_renovated_villa_auditore.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
AC2_renovated_villa_auditore.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>339231062
The villa in AC2 was pretty good for this but I've always liked the idea of the player getting an old abandoned base they can't fix up because it's supposed to be a hideaway.
>>
>>339233168
it's up there with budehuc castle from 4 because they both feel like actual places and not just forts in the middle of nowhere. or a ship.
>>
In Bully, your dorm room gets more stuff the more missions you do

For example, after finishing a mission that involves fighting in a boxing club, you get a pair of boxing gloves hanging on your wall

I thought that was pretty neat
>>
>>339231062
i did this in morrowind.
had a quest to kill this one guy in the corner club but it turned into me vs the entire corner club because they were his friends or whatever so i just killed them all then made it my home. i put all the cool shit i found but didnt want to sell in that corner club. had stacks of books laying around, armors and weapons on display on the tables. candles everywhere as decoration along with strange novelty items.
it looked great and i spent so much time on the character i would end up logging on years later to reminisce about my first play through while sorting through all the stuff in the house.
>>
Oh yea now I remember. TW2 did when you first enter Flotsam. Roche and his men turn one of the rooms into a base of operations.
>>
File: 1464499182664.jpg (1 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
1464499182664.jpg
1 MB, 3840x2160
i love when the game has a model viewer
>>
Mordhona and Idyllshire
>>
I also liked that in Enter the Gungeon.
>>
Grow Cube
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.