[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: capra-demon-large.jpg (87 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
capra-demon-large.jpg
87 KB, 600x338
What are some terribly designed bosses that people consider """"hard""""?
>>
Capra hard? For mages maybe? It's an alright boss for melee.
>>
Bed of Chaos

Didn't From actually acknowledge it being badly designed?
>>
Bosses people remembered and talked about the most

Capra
Gargoyles
O&S

And then in DS2 people wonder why there are so many trash bosses with multiple enemies at once
>>
>>339226606
O&S was a good multiple enemy boss fight.
>>
>>339226606
Gargoyles in DS2 are slow as fuck, there's enough time to kill one before the third one wakes up. Even with three of them it's not that hard, just don't waste time before 4th one appears.

Sentinels aren't hard if you don't fall from the hits of the first one.

Stop memeing kid, DS2 was good.
>>
>>339227705

He never claimed sentinals were hard. They were a decent boss fight as far as ds2 goes. Not that thats saying much
>>
>>339226606
The Capra demon on it's own isn't bad, but the layout of the room and the dogs make it way more awkward than it really needs to be.

I think the gargoyles are actually the best example of how to do multiple bosses, since you have some time to learn the first gargoyle's attacks, and they coordinate their attacks where one uses fire and the other uses melee.

>>339227321
As much as people talk about O&S, I never saw the appeal. I would have liked to see better attack coordination, but since both just seem to rush you down at all times it sometimes feels clumsy to fight, and whenever I seem to get a hit in it's less because I did something smart, and more because the AI did something stupid.

And that's not even bringing up the lock on and camera. It doesn't feel right how I need to fight the camera to keep both in view, and since Ornstein's charge can travel so far, it's really easy to accidentally step outside lock on range and get stabbed in the back.

>git gud
Artorias and Manus are way more difficult as bosses go, but since they don't pull any of this bullshit they're a lot more fun to fight. Manus has a lot of crazy magic attacks but since the camera is always on him they're not difficult to read.
>>
>>339227321
>kiting
>fun
Literally never.
>>
>>339227321
It's a total drag, you're just waiting for their attack cycles to sync up so you can get a couple hits in
>>
>>339229334
>locking on O&S

there's your mistake, lock on is a crutch like Drake Sword, it helps you early but will leave you unable to function if you don't learn when to not use it.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.