[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's not fair The Turtles deserve better Why? Why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: maxresdefault.jpg (172 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
172 KB, 1280x720
It's not fair

The Turtles deserve better

Why? Why?
>>
>He trusted Platnium
>>
>>339216820
because they gave it to their worst developers and gave it mad world combat but dumbed down with a cool down system and activision wanted it out now
>>
This is exactly what that shitty dead franchise deserves, OP. Let it rest.

Put it back in the box so it can hibernate, only to forget about it and remember it the next time we watch some shitty 80s / 90s nostalgia compilation by random chance on YouTube, only to discover it died in the interim. Like a real tortoise. (Turtles by the way have flippers and swim in the ocean.)

That's what was supposed to happen. Not this.
>>
>>339217893
You're not even trying.
>>
I can imagine myself having fun with this if I had 4 dedicated friends to play with

But I don't, and I rather not play with dumb as shit randoms.

I dislike how special moves are on a cool down timer and that turtle switching doesn't take priority over item usage.
>>
It's a millennial's Turtles in Time.
Except it probably won't be talked about in ten years.
>>
>>339219339
this, they made switching turtles more annoying then it has to be if you do not let go of l2 quick enough either the turtle just stands there or you waste a ninjutsu,

They do not even offer a taunt to help with cooldown
>>
>>339220058
>It's a millennial's Turtles in Time.

A millennial's Turtles in Time would be Turtles in Time you fucking idiot. Go back to /pol/
>>
>>339220058
how is it anything like turtles in time this is more like the first arcade game
pretty bad but can be made great with a sequel
only difference is the arcade game was liked
>>
File: 1461466662285.jpg (92 KB, 600x796) Image search: [Google]
1461466662285.jpg
92 KB, 600x796
Right then /v/, if you had a AAA budget and resources what kind of TMNT game would YOU make?
>>
>>339221571

The fast paced combat and response of the Platinum game. It doesn't have to be complex. You just need to have every turtle feel unique.

Keep the turtle switching mechanic, but for gods sakes, make it the priority. Out of the Shadows had the right idea by mapping each turtle to the D-Pad and letting you instantly switch between them mid combo. It even allowed you to taunt by pressing the same direction.

Maybe give them an alt weapon like Out of the Shadows did (Leo's Bladestaff, Mikey's Kusarigama, Raph's Iron Gloves, Donnie's Gauntlet) to expand the move list. Also give all the turtles co-op moves unique to each combination, something else Out of the Shadows did well.

Give them all the acrobatic abilities they had in Ubisoft's 2007 TMNT game based off the movie. You can break up the action with some platforming acrobatic segments.

Local Co-Op is a must. Design the game with a camera angle that can cover a a wide area during a co-op session. Maybe something like Gauntlet or TMNT Battle Nexus/Mutant Nightmare. If single player or online, you can give the player the option to zoom in to your turtle instead of the wide angle.

Level variety is a must. City, sewers, subways and construction zones are alright, but at least make every area feel unique. If possible, make them go out of the city and fight in a bunch of diverse areas.

Some killer fucking tunes.
>>
>>339222782
pretty much just make the platinum game with out of the shadows fan service and the 2007 games platforming? I can get behind that.

Though I would add a move list more bosses more combo variety remove ninjutsu or extremely rework it to be actual stuff the turtles can do.

Still made by platinum but with a different combat designer and sound designer
>>
>>339223159

Out of the Shadows fan service, weapons, co-op moves and turtle switching mechanics.

Out of the Shadows was buggy as shit but it had some good ideas that deserve credit, they were just poorly executed.

It's amazing how a cheap game got more right than Platinum could.

I would also remove the Ninjutsu. I don't think the game needs it. I would just put a focus on making each turtle feel unique and giving them some great co-op moves. Platinum's TMNT game just makes every turtle feel like a giant cool down meter with 4 additional cool downs.

Out of the Shadows gave Donnie the fucking range, and made Raph feel like a tank.
>>
>>339223505
I am not a fan of arkham style combat but I liked it in out of the shadows due to how almost every move felt like it was from one form of turtle media or another they even included donnies gauntlet from his mirage one shot. I would love a sequel

This game has the better gameplay not as good as transformers or any other platinum titles but a sequel that expands it would be good. They also need to remove the whole random missions till you fight a boss thing, as I said reuse assets if needed just add ways to connect each area and make them bigger> I hate having to collect health every fucking level just so in singleplayer the others don't die in one shot on hard
>>
>>339223902

OotS was some sort of weird marriage of Arkham combat and DMC Lite.

The Turtles all had a unique move list and even special moves executed via direction inputs.

But then it had the weird magnetic feel of a Batman game where you can go flying across the screen to hit one dude, and the animations took priority over responsive controls. The parry and counter system was also pretty awful as it wasn't very responsive. It also conflicted with the combo system a lot because you're trying to do a combo, and in the middle of your string, 2 mooks decide to attack you from behind forcing you to counter.

But you can't counter because again, the animation takes priority over your inputs. The animation has to end before you can initiate a counter, and god save you if you decided to mash the attack button because there's an input queue on top of it. If you already press attack before you press counter, guess what ain't coming out?

The whole game ends up feeling incredibly slow and unresponsive because of it.

It's weird because the preview footage showed a much faster paced action game than the final game we got.
>>
>>339224619
I want to say both tmnt games feel like some sort of activision meddling happened, its still the both companies faults that these games are ass though.
I hope platinum makes a sequel just give us red bandanas and stuff the turtles actually wore and no more retarded samurai and hip hop gear
>>
>>339225090

There's obviously some Activision meddling. How much of that is Activision sticking their hands in it or if it's budget/time related is another thing. Ultimately, I think the major design flaws lie on the developer themselves.

Red Fly delivered a decent enough looking game with a variety in its level design, enemies, and gameplay modes, fan service and content, but they seemed to be completely inexperience in the melee action game department and it shows.

Platinum games delivered some pretty responsive controls and a good enough (albeit, with some glaring flaws) combat system that would be more than fine as a simple multiplayer brawler. But their level design was shallow, their content is practically non existent and fan service is none. They don't seem to know much about the turtles outside of whatever documents they were probably given.

If you combined the strengths of those two games to deliver one product, you'd probably have a pretty fun TMNT game. One was a product of an amateur studio with a clear love of the franchise, the other is a product of a studio who seems to be only in it for the money.
>>
Since this game is shit, what's the best 3D Turtles game? Turtles in Time and Hyperstone are getting a bit old.
>>
>>339225589
technically you are wrong as hideki kamiya is a big fan of tmnt and based viewtiful joe on their movie incarnations personalites but the people working on this game feel rather uninterested in the series.

the most fan service we got was 2 rat king references

I think the t glass and costumes were last minute decisions given to them by activision, platinum usually includes all costumes in cutscenes so it seems odd this game does not especially when the t-glass is in the game from the beginning Which leads me to believe the mad world style was based on feedback they got from their previous activision titles,.In an interview the producer said the game originally had a more serious style when it came to combat more inline with the mirage 2k3 and idw series so I am hoping the change was an activision decision, because goofy turtles barely exists beyond the 80s and 2013 turtles
>>
>>339225969
The 3D Konami games are alright if you want a straight beat'em ups.

2007 TMNT is made by the same team that did the PS2 Prince of Persia games. Great platforming and acrobatic action, but pretty boring combat.

The GBA 2007 TMNT game is a pretty good beat'em up.

>>339226110
>technically you are wrong as hideki kamiya is a big fan of tmnt and based viewtiful joe on their movie incarnations personalites but the people working on this game feel rather uninterested in the series.

A Kamiya directed TMNT game probably would have been far better off, but this is the same shit Korra team, then they're probably just shitting this out as quickly as possible and hope they get noticed by the bigger teams.

They really dropped the ball here.
>>
>>339226420
yeah the korra team really needs a more competent combat designer working with them they seem to just not know how to make a good combat system
>>
>>339227207

Combat isn't really the game's biggest issue. It's just so bland in its presentation and environment. They need a much bigger kick in the nands on how to make a game entertaining other than just throwing you in a big box and making you fight a group of thugs located half way across the map.

I mean, Turtles in Time and most other beat'em ups have the same concept and even simpler combat, but in a hallway.

They manage to make it fun by constantly keeping you in the action and tossing you new environments, obstacles and enemies your way.

Korra team didn't even bother.

"You gotta stop Bebop, but before you do, you have to travel from one end of the map to the other and fight some ninjas. Do it 3 times, and then you can fight Bebop"
>>
>>339216820

>there have only been 5 good TMNT games.
>>
>>339227595
not only that but the gameplay and story seem to be unrelated your fighting the foot and with out warning kraang soldiers pop out of nowhere, they could have at least included one cut scene having the turtles wonder what krang and shredder were doing teaming up. Also once they start popping up they become more common then the foot and with no way to combo them other then this one time I managed to launch one with raph your stuck mashing attack and dodging their is no fun in that.
>>
How was this so bad but transformers devastation so fuxking good
>>
>>339228451
look at the credits transformers was made by good devs, this game was made mostly by the korra team
>>
>>339228512
They should really separate platinum like how UniSoft and ea separate devs so we know which team is which.
>>
>>339228970
there not real teams, they are just whoever is available gets put with whoever needs them, or in some cases they are requested by the head of that game
>>
Just furthers my opinion more that Platinum is one of the most overrated developers.
>>
>>339230487

They really are

Out of all their games, I've really only enjoyed Vanquish, God Hand, and Okami. Aside from that, I never got what all the fuss is about with them.

They only seem to make one type of game and one type of game only, and they're inconsistent as fuck with it
>>
>>339230897
You didn't like W101?
>>
>>339231882

Nope.

Wasn't my thing.
>>
File: 1430629748192.gif (3 MB, 352x198) Image search: [Google]
1430629748192.gif
3 MB, 352x198
>TMNT
>Developed by Platinum

Imagine.
>>
File: (You).jpg (41 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
(You).jpg
41 KB, 700x525
>>339217893
>Turtles by the way have flippers and swim in the ocean
>>
File: 17Pending.jpg (72 KB, 746x485) Image search: [Google]
17Pending.jpg
72 KB, 746x485
>>339232168

>All those "WHAT IF PLATINUM MADE A [property] GAME?!" threads
>TMNT was without a doubt in plenty of those threads

How naive we all were
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.