[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the most unbalanced multiplayer game you've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 6
File: maxresdefault.jpg (82 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
82 KB, 1280x800
What's the most unbalanced multiplayer game you've ever played?
>>
>>339216256
probably tic tac toe, hella first mover advantage game
>>
League isn't unbalanced because anyone can buy the good characters.
>>
>>339216256
>tank ekko
Fucking
>>
Dota 2.

Some of the shit in there was just ridiculous.
>>
>>339216597
Yea good luck trying to climb if that faggot gets through the bans and your team doesn't grab him
>>
>>339216256
Vanilla WoW
>>
Destiny
>>
>>339216597
>tank ekko

Why is this allowed?
>>
File: 1462906154828.jpg (5 KB, 138x137) Image search: [Google]
1462906154828.jpg
5 KB, 138x137
>>339216471
This

Also, inb4OVERWATCH
>>
>>339217276
Because fucking Koreans making games unfun for everyone, the usual.
>>
Without a doubt Tekken 3. Ogre's Crescent Moon made him beyond Akuma-tier.
>>
>>339216471
>play tic tac toe with someone over the age of 8
>a tie 100% of time

balance your fucking game
>>
>>339216256
Blacklight, Tactical SMG and Toxic are a pain in the ass to deal with.
>>
Either UNIB, any Mortal Kombat, or any Squeenix RPG with class switching.
>>
Planetside 2.

TR weapons can't hit shit and when it does, it sucks on damage. Yeah, TR weapons fire faster, but what good does that do when you're at the mercy of recoil?
>>
File: doom.png (80 KB, 890x890) Image search: [Google]
doom.png
80 KB, 890x890
>>339218706
>Blacklight
>playing any Perfect World game
>>
>>339217229
Fucking hell, this. And Bungie's balance strategy was to just throw entire metas out the window and hope whatever new randomness they came up with would stick.
>>
>>339216256

without a doubt destiny.

>everyfucking retard in the game gets a 1 hit kill super
>one class that can teleport everywhere, has the best grenade in the game, and an fucking obnoxious invincible god mode super
>shotguns
>thorn

the worst thing is these will go on for months before they are finally patched, before something else gets broken
>>
>>339216256
SF3: Third strike

lel
>>
File: WTF MAN.gif (179 KB, 259x149) Image search: [Google]
WTF MAN.gif
179 KB, 259x149
>>339216256
Patapon 3.
One class was blatantly the best.
There was no attempt to make that game balanced, they just straight up went:
"I know lets give this guy everything!"
>>
>>339216256
Modern Warfare 2 is the king of broken games, though Destiny gives it some very serious competition
>at one point the meta became 2 shot kill hand cannons and cross rooming shotguns
>this was playtested and deemed okay for like half a year
Never meet the phrase "competitive Destiny player" with anything but laughter
>>
>>339223053
this 100%

althought you left out:
>killstreaks that stacked and literally played the game for you. it was possible to literally be sitting in a corner of the map controlling your streaks for 80% of the game
>a 1 hit kill knife with double the range of a shotgun
>underslung nade launchers with gigantic blast radius and infinite ammo
>the invention of quickscoping
>incredibly broken spawn system
>>
>>339223746
I was only talking about Destiny there, but you're right about MW2
>akimbo 1887s
>>
>>339223746
this brings back memories of me just stomping deathmatches, after awhile of playing you'd kind of get a 6th sense on where they'd end up spawning.
>>
Star Citizen. The developer has a P2W unlock system going on.
>>
>>339216609
troll sniper meta made me quit forever
>>
>>339223746
>broken spawn system
What was that fucking map on the roof of a highrise, game would start and like 4 people would immediately die from getting collateraled through like 7 walls.

Game was still fun as fuck though.
>>
>>339217276
because Riot has a fetish for %HP damage
>>
>>339216609
Everything in that game is broken, though.
That's the point.
Everything is strong to the point where you think "Wtf, why is that allowed?"
So it's not really unbalanced.
>>
File: cvb.jpg (688 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
cvb.jpg
688 KB, 1920x1200
>>339223746
>danger close with a javelin and grenade launcher attachment
>>
Any game that follows this formula.

>Didn't buy the game the nanosecond it came out?
>Good fucking luck, not only is everyone else better than you but they all have better shit, too
>Have fun trying to win games with your peashooter when everyone else has the super death cannon.

Which is to say most of them.
>>
>>339227392
I think the map was actually called highrise
>>
File: 1442126631658.png (29 KB, 499x250) Image search: [Google]
1442126631658.png
29 KB, 499x250
Warframe
There are like maybe 5 guns worth using and all the others are irredeemable garbage. But you have to build and level a lot of them up anyway to level up and get more weapons/boss fights. Also any of the warframes who don't have a skill that blows up all the enemies in the room are pretty much not worth taking into high level missions.

You could say that it's not important because it's not really a PvP game, but if that's the case why can't everything just be good? The whole game is super unbalanced. All of an enemies stats scale exponentially with levels (except their shields) and there's basically no rewards in the game unless you play infinite missions against enemies with a trillion health or sorties against level 100 enemies that have tons of extra buffs. Just to put things in perspective 40 is like the max level otherwise.
Anyway, if an enemy can actually hit you in the endgame you just die instantly. And then instead of making it possible to outplay enemies the developers just keep nerfing ways to become invincible. One by making enemies that have anti-warframe shields that instantly kill whatever powers it touches while also making you unable to use any powers while in the bubble. Now everyone is running around with one and there are even enemeis that shoot bubbles at you continuously.

And that's only the half of it.
>>
>>339216256
4 wasn't as unbalanced as following games in the series, unless you're playing on Shipment https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIL-fPByVuY
>>
>>339217276
Hey guys lets make an assassin that doesn't burst (except when his ap ratios are fucking insane on release), has more survivability mechanics then fucking fizz with great base damage, %HP abilities and an execute.

No one could possibly abuse that, also we can't blame the koreans tank jungle ekko was a thing from the start and it blew up the same day that riot nerfed his ap ratios after release.
>>
Probably Destiny.

Like I've played so many fucking multiplayer games its all a blur at this point but for the most part everyone could get the broken shit, Destiny is quite different in that regard as exotics are basically hope you it or pray the shows up every friday merchant sells it, in a similar manner all legendary guns can roll different, so you and your opponent might be using the same gun but his has different perks and all it takes is the right roll to turn a good one into a great one.

For the first couple months prior to the first expansion it was all AR's, the Suros Regime in particular, an exotic AR was so grotesquely overpowered, it was basically a 3 shot in the blink of an eye, most AR's with focus fire could rip pretty hard to, get some stability on that and it was a freaking laser, around the same they introduced this gun called Felwinters Lie for their once a month PvP event called Iron Banner, the unique thing about this event is that you could re-roll stuff on guns, something you couldn't do anywhere at the time so people could roll this shotgun into a ridiculous instrument of death that allowed you to one shot pretty much anybody from an insane distance, it got so bad that the fix to this particular was literally to remove the perk that made it so OP entirely from the game, that's right they erased a perk from existence because of how OP it was.

Dark Below comes out, Bungie nerfs AR's, well they didn't so much as nerf them as they literally made them so utterly worthless that nobody used them in PvE or PvP because Bungie doesn't balance separately, its all universal, right around this time they buff pulse rifles because they sucked, of course because Bungie pulse rifles wind up being massively overpowered with the top one being an exotic called the red death and it was a 2 burst if you landed all headshots.
>>
>>339228264
>Also any of the warframes who don't have a skill that blows up all the enemies in the room are pretty much not worth taking into high level missions.
That's plain wrong bro. I run Inaros and can solo literally everything related to the end game minus T4 interception missions. Everything else you said was spot on though
>>
>>339223053
>>339223746
Stacking killstreaks,scavenger+underslung and dual 1887's were bullshit but it was bullshit I loved.
>>
>>339228264
Completely correct. I put about 120 hours in and got to MR 12 when I got burnt out. I haven't really touched it since. Pretty fun for a while but it's a massive grind to get to the end game content and once you get there it seems like a chore. Games filled with customization that force you into gimmicky loadouts are the worst.
>>
>>339218706
I never played BL but BL:R you can just use whatever the meta setup is
>>
>>339228653

House of Wolves comes out, they nerf the red death specifically but introduce other heavy pulse rifle types, one in particular, once again a PvP weapon was even stronger than the red death, it was stupid, on top of this they went and buffed some old exotics including a handcannon called Thorn and the meta was basically nothing but Thorn but 6 or so months till Taken King came out.

What made Thorn so strong was several things:

1. It was a handcannon so it did a lot of damage, 79 per headshot.

2. Fastest rate of fire of any handcannon, tied with a raid only gun that did 65 per headshot.

3. Poisoned you on hit, if someone landed 2 headshots on you they could just away as the poison would kill, it also added an annoying effect to your UI.

And it was an exotic, granted it had a questline for everyone could technically get it but it had a lot of difficulty steps and its very possible you might not even get the quest for it, I mean this gun was strong that its still being nerfed, the last update Bungie dropped has a nerf for it which basically made it worthless now.

Anyway Taken King came out, heavy pulses where nerfed into the ground but light impact pulses now dominate and they introduced a sniper meta via a perfectly rolled sniper given as a quest reward, sniping is generally a long range thing but this gun made it impossible to get in peoples faces and it did a ton of damage even with a body shot.

I'm sure I'm missing some stuff but yea, Destiny is easily the most broken ass PvP game I've ever played.
>>
Forgot to mention I didn't even get into the class disparity, some classes are crazy good in PvP compared to others and that problem still continues.
>>
>>339228103

I'm more of a fan of the introduce guns you can only get via RNG or buying crates with real money that are way more OP than the default stuff.
>>
Tribes: Ascend

It's hard to convey how absolutely fucking shitty that game made me feel about refusing to spend money on blatant upgrades. What kind of person wants to grind through 140 matches for a DECENT weapon?
>>
The first release of BlazBlue

Really all of ArcSys' 2D fighters I guess
>>
>>339228787
It's been a while since I played. That guy looks pretty neat but so many of those quest frames are just so tedious that I don't know when I'll get around to it. Like now if I want the rock dude I'm stuck grinding juggernauts and then suffering through terrible archwing missions to get his parts.

>>339228925
It wouldn't even be that bad if most of the best weapons weren't so easy to get compared to all the junk guns. Like you can just go into the market and buy a tonkor like its nothing but run that double boss fight 200 times (because he's bugged to be invincible at least half the time) to build the miter or nailguns and they're pretty awful. Couldn't the saw blade at least have a little width instead of seeing half my shots go through people without doing any damage for all the time I spend charging it up?
>>
>>339216471
A strange game.

The only winning move is not to play

Would you like a nice game of Chess?
>>
Battlefield heroes pay to win shit
>>
>>339229605
Yeah they're still forcing archwing missions on people. It's a really bad game, glad you got out of it.
>>
>>339229347

You must not have played it in forever

Weapons cost less than 1/4th the XP that they used to (highest cost is 22.5k iirc) and the Jackal and Plasma gun are balanced
>>
>>339229895
Yeah I played it back in 2012 iirc. I don't want to try it again though.
>>
ark.

>Spend 60 hours making a base.
>spend 60 hours taming dinos
>some faggot comes along on an end game dino and tears it down in 20 minutes on a whim and one bites your pack of dinos you spent all week taming
>lol its balanced for this one dino to completely trivialize bases below endgame and every other ground dino in combat because getting this dino takes a long time too!

also people can at any time come along and pick you up off you dino with a flying dino then just drop you to your death and there is almost no counter besides always carrying really expensive gear on you in which case you could just get 2 shot by a sniper rifle anyways and lose all the gear and dino you spend 5+ hours farming for.
and even if you had the gear it wouldnt make a difference if the flyer they are using is an end game flyer.

its literally, you got caught unaware? you lose! the game. imagine every player was a pom pyro mage who also had stealth. thats what the pvp is like except when you die you can lose like 20 hours of progress.
>>
>>339223746
>>339223906
>>339228897
>>339227732
You're all forgetting the most broken setup of all.

>Marathon Pro
>Lightweight Pro
>Commando Pro
>Magnum+tac knife
>care package canister

Suddenly, invulnerable sonic.
>>
>>339230303

you forgot the shitty internet perk
>>
>>339216256
Dirty Bomb when Phantom was first released.
>>
Dark Souls 3
>>
>>339221039
This was PoE's strat too.
>players find good builds
>nerf it to the ground
>repeat infinitely
>>
>>339230418
Except phantom always sucked he just sucked less on launch because of helicopter katana.
Fun fact them nerfing melee across the board caused me to quit that game till recently when I found out they unfucked the melee.
>>
>>339230405
>tfw had that setup with shit internet
>for some ungodly reason it picks me for host
>everyone lagged to shit
>going around killing everyone as they rubber band in place
>got my first nuke because of it
>never chosen as host again

Good times. At least for me.
>>
>>339230245
You're forgetting the seasonal events.
>16(?) hours of dark
>zombies
Fuck my ass
>>
>>339216256

It's a toss up between Dino D-Day and Natural Selection 2.
>>
>>339216256
overwatch
>>
League of Legends around the time Xin was released. It was a fucking mess.
>>
>>339230245
There is far too much bullshit involved in any survival sim.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.