[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Wolf Among Us
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: TWAU.jpg (215 KB, 1793x1020) Image search: [Google]
TWAU.jpg
215 KB, 1793x1020
Just finished this for the first time, really enjoyed it. What did you guys think?
>>
Glass him.
>>
It was one of the more enjoyable tell tale games despite the last episode. If they could do more then just 5 episodes they'd be able to pace it well enough for it to be top tier
>>
probably my favorite telltale game. Maybe 2nd to the borderlands one
>>
>>339211423
I loved it until the end, it got really contrived with how blatant crooked man was but yet could still make everyone think "Just maybe we could trust him" and I'm like "Really? This is a stretch and a fucking half"

Best TT game I played since Season 1 of Walking Dead, heard good things about Borderlands but haven't played it.

Also all the people that didn't know that [Glass Him] was to smash a glass in a motherfucker and got frustrated by that is an idiot.
>>
First episode was 10/10.

Everything after that was like a 3/10.
>>
it was good until everyone figured it out after the second episode and TT fucking panicked and rewrote the whole thing
>>
>>339211423
I enjoyed our alot. Season 2 when?
>>
>>339214785
I hated that, as well.

He is literally called "the crooked man". Holy shit. How stupid can people be? I know it's fable policy to not hold anyone's storybook past against them now that they're all in it together in the real world, but goddamn the guy is just barely hiding the fact that he's a strongarming dictator who sends fucking goons to kill the sheriff.

Goddamn you fuckers are lucky I'm the law, fucking lemmings.

Into the well he goes.
>>
>>339215016
Did that really happen? What was the ending everyone figured out?
>>
>>339215236
I mean at first it worked but eventually it go to a point where it couldn't be more obvious he was out to fuck everyone over and use them for all they're worth without giving a single shit.

It really did make the entire cast of characters look extraordinarily retarded beyond a reasonable degree, it felt like really lazy writing.
>>
File: 1p28aro.gif (474 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1p28aro.gif
474 KB, 200x150
>People that played purely good route
>>
>>339215686
I got the "Fabletown is afraid of the Big Bad Wolf" ending. Shit was cash
>>
>>339211423
it is good but it doesn't make the comics justice. I loved the game but after i started reading the comics i started hating it because it could have been much more and looking back everything in the game after the second chapter feels rushed. Probably because they were having problems in releasing the chapters at the time.
>>
It was good, would have been better without bloody mary
>>
>>339215971
I don't know if you recall but after the first episode there was a very clear switching of things behind the scene. I don't think DC/Vertigo expected it to be very popular, but once they got word that it was, they supposedly forced Telltale to alter the story so that it was canon. Some of the episode preview pictures for the then future episodes had the human cop in them, but she's nowhere to be seen after that one scene.
Or maybe it was just because everybody guessed who the killer was.
>>
>>339215332
Another anon here, but I think it was thanks to people figuring out who the villain was due to dev oversights accidentally leaving too many obvious clues in the early episodes.
No idea what the ending was, but the murder mystery got completely debunked so they had to alter the story.
>>
>>339216035
Bloody Mary as a concept was incredibly interesting thanks to her powers, but as a character she wasn't much to write home about unfortunately.
>>
>>339215332
>>339216281
The ginger with the tie with sheep on it (Boy who cried Wolf?) was in 3 different scenes in the first episode, 2 of which he was completely out of place. Everybody who noticed him pointed to him as the killer. He was part of the chase scene through the apartments, and he was the driver of the cab that Snow took after they went to the Trip Trap.
>>
>tell crooked man I know who did it
>give a completely wrong answer
I've never felt so embarrassed in my life
>>
>>339216417
Yeah, the edgelord villain that bests the hero in all their encounters til the end that also has a witty retort for everything is a terrible archetype
>>
>>339216146
that's fucked, especially because the original autor of the comics helped telltale in the game.
>>
>>339216035
If they changed her design (reminds me too much of that shit anime Edge Le Edge, which TWAU was released at the peak of that cancer's popularity) to be not so bland and changed a few bits of interactions/dialogue, she would have been amazing.
>>
>>339215686
I played purely good whenever Bigby was in calm, collected Human mode.
The moment he started showing even the most basic of wolf-traits, I played him as a brutal mother fucking werewolf, then went back to calm and collected once he de-wolfed.
>>
>>339211423
God tier style and OST. pretty cool guy MC. And unfortunately, this >>339214940. The macguffin of EP2 (?) made everything not related to Bigby completely weightless cause you know they can pull the "not actually that character" card out of their ass at will. It ruins the story. I didn't even know who the fuck that girl was at the end until I came online, that's how bad the re-write was.
>>
>>339211423
I probably wouldn't have enjoyed as much if Bigby wasn't such a top tier husbando
>>
>>339211423
One of my favorite games ever, don't even ask me why, this shit can barely be considered a game as it is, still, fucking Bigby is a grade A badass, the fact that I was able to put every single fucker in their place made me feel amazing, some little bitch starts talking shit about the sheriff in front of my face? Cut the fuckers arm, a pair of fuckers make my life hell? Eat the fucker, Oh man and the ending, god I loved it so much, some stuck up fuck who think he is god tells me to bring him to court so he can be sentenced fairly? Sure, ill bring you there, your dead fucking body that is. God now imagine if this game had actual gameplay, it would be my GOAT game without a doubt.
>>
>>339211423
Episode 1 was great neo-noir detective murder mystery stuff
everything after that was a little too generic stop the bad guy action oriented

Crooked man never should've been the villain, TT shouldn't have pussied out when people had the theory on who the murderer actually was
>>
>>339218595
I also feel bad for the people who played this game as bitch Bigby, letting everyone else order him around. I mean I also wanted to tap some of that Snow white ass, but I aint no bitch.
>>
>>339216485
That's a real shame because even if I guess a twist, I love seeing the journey up to it.

So they fucked everything up by changing it for no reason
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.