[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do you support this piece of shit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 5
File: Steam-logo-2.jpg (150 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Steam-logo-2.jpg
150 KB, 1920x1080
>steam sales bait you into buying 100 plus indie games you never play
>every game is more expensive than retail
>digital copies
>digital copies

every multiplat i've seen on ps4 has been fucking cheaper than on steam. AND i have an actual fucking disc instead of just another phrase in a list of horrible indie games

>shadow warrior 20$ vs 40$
>evolve 10$ vs 40
>wasteland 2 dc 20$ vs 40$
>darksiders 2 20$ vs 30$
>dishonored definite edition 20$ vs 30$

you can't make this shit up.
>>
>>339207926
>Shadow Warrior
>More than $4
Nice shitpost
>>
>>339207985

it was pretty good

low replay value though
>>
>>339208109
What does that have to do with my post?
>>
File: 1462380167669.jpg (1 MB, 3000x2150) Image search: [Google]
1462380167669.jpg
1 MB, 3000x2150
>paying more than $5 for any of that shit

>paying online fees to access games you already own

>playing FPS with a controller
>>
File: 1464323348767.jpg (266 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1464323348767.jpg
266 KB, 960x960
>>339207926
>339207926
uh, except literally every price you just listed is the price you pay if you're a dumb fucking faggot who is 13 and doesn't know about steam sales that happen literally every other day, and the big ones that happen at least 4x a year. All those games have been under ten bux. I can't believe I fell for this bait, wow.
>>
>>339208550

>waiting for steam sales
a. you don't know what you're getting
b. fuck waiting

>>339208502
>paying online fees
>2 games a month each for three different consoles
>less than 5$ per month

what a meme. i got tropico 5 and tabletop racing this month. p good
>>
>>339207926
Why are consolefags so mad? Don't you guys have the equivalent of steam sales? :^)
>>
>>339209631

Games that you don't own.
>>
>>339209814

>less than 5$ a month

jesus christ why is /v/ this retarded

>helldivers
>galak-z
>tropuci
>tabletop racing

plus vita and ps3 games for when i get either
>>
>>339207926
What kind of people buy games they will never play?

You are so cucked that you are confusing humble bundle with steam.
>>
>>339209631
So you're legit comparing sales or used console games to compare it to PC full MSRP?

The fuck?
>>
>>339207926
>>steam sales bait you into buying 100 plus indie games you never play

That is like saying diet coke tricks fat swines into consuming trice as many calories as they should.
>>
>>339210019

everybody i've with 100 plus games has put 3 hours or less into most of them

without fail
>>
>>339210046

>sales

these were regular new prices at gamestop. used would be 5-10$ cheaper

>>339210050
actually it does because they make you crave sugar or some shit lmao
>>
>>339210220
They dont even sell Shadow Warrior new
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-shadow+warrior,28zu0

Also, you say fuck waiting, but yet you waited for MSRP to drop.
>>
>>339210046

just checked gamestop's site. preowned for shadow warrior is actually 18$ minus 1.8 with membership. no new price but prob the same as retail

wasteland 2 DC is actuslly 30$, only 10$ cheaper. must have been on sale.
>>
>>339210510

no i didn't lmao.

i went to gamestop, browsed the store, saw shadow warrior for 20 remembered playing some via gameshare before my pc broke, bought it.
>>
>>339210108
>What is humble bundle?
>I'm too retarded to even google
>>
>>339210686
So you're admitting you waited for MSRP to drop and bought a game on a whim because you just happened to saw it there

And yet in OP, you're literally making fun of those 2 specific things?
>>
I sold my steam account with all 100 indie games i never played and all my bullshit tf2 weapons and there's literally nothing I miss about steam. steam is a fucking joke and it's full of losers. I can get my tf2 fix on xbox if I ever get the urge to play it. fuck pc gaming and fuck all ur lives. pc ga,er are a fucking big joke . fuck your rig, fuck your mother and fuck you
>>
>>339210108
>what are bundles
>>
Steam, as a platform, is nice to have.
>achievements, auto-updates, and library organization is great
Steam, as a distributor, is good
>sales often, bundles of game series at deep discounts, though it basically has 0 competition to compare pricing to. Bundle sites have the occasional good value.
Steam, as a market, is fucking horrible
>trading cards, game items, CHAT EMOJIS, profiteering/capitalism at it's absolute worst, as well as the most cumbersome method of security, even if it is effective.
Steam, as a community, is pretty bad
>reactionary autists for every fotm bullshit conspiracy/dev shitfest/whatever the internet feels like complaining about.
Steam, as a media platform, is ok-ish
>"broadcasting" works and community content is easy to find and share if you're into that.
Steam, as a service, is abysmal
>Refunds work about 4/5 times now, but before that they had nothing. Even now, there' no where you can really call to get actual people to communicate with you since everything is done through emails.

If I could pick and choose the parts I like vs. the parts I don't, steam would be an amazing modular client. But it is what it is, and I like having everything in one place, even if I have to put up with the things I dislike
>>
>>339210775

no, waiting would be specifically waiting for that game's price to drop.

i don't pay more than 40$ for games (usually), so i buy last year's AAA games and exclusives. and every time they're cheaper than on the steam meme machine

>>339210845
>xbox

out of the whore and into the whoreson
>>
The premise of this thread is idiotic. There are downsides to buying on Steam, but you haven't listed them, and if your goal is to tell people they should be informed customers, you're a few dozen centuries late.
>>
File: relaxnigga.png (686 KB, 600x700) Image search: [Google]
relaxnigga.png
686 KB, 600x700
>>339210845
>>
>>339211070
>i buy last year's AAA games and exclusives
so you waited
>>
File: .png (25 KB, 370x75) Image search: [Google]
.png
25 KB, 370x75
I don't give a shit, I don't give a fuck
>I don't give a shit, I don't give a fuck
If I gave a shit, I might just give a fuck
But I don't give a shit, so I don't give a fuck
>>
>it's a steam sale where you make $2 from selling whatever card/gem crap they give you for doing dailies and not buying anything
>>
>>339211013
>service is abysmal
Something had to give, can't all be perfect. Business focus and all. Luckily Steam is set up exactly so that you need service as little as possible. I have never needed it beyond refunds, which are automated and expedient.
>>
>>339211251
you probably think you're special.

How many hours have you even spent playing video games?
>>
>>339211070
False logic. It's not because you weren't waiting for that specific game's price to drop over time, that it didn't drop over time.

You can still not compare that game's price (which dropped over time) to the new and recent price of a Steam game.
>>
>>339210845
I'm so glad retards like you left PC gaming.

We are finally getting rid of raging faggots like you.
>>
>>339207926
I'm so sorry for your mother who gave birth to a retard. It might bait you, but you don't have to buy it. You gonna complain about stores having sales too?
>>
>>339207926
>actually falling for indieshit
>>
>>339207926
Op has never heard of cdkey sites.
>>
>>339211707
The extra weird part is they dont even bait you into buying indie games.
Front-page sales are always AAA shit now. Only way to find out about indies is to have it on your wishlist.
>>
>>339211013
>achievements

bitch they don't even have all the shit...

part of the reason i'm never leaving this sony hell is i'm addicted to achievements. not enough to play a game i don't like, but enough to hunt a few plats here and there
>>
>>339211463

>new and recent price of a steam game

it's still fucking 40$
it's 20$ new and 16.20 new

???
>>
>>339212018
>Only way to find out about indies is to have it on your wishlist.
Or by following developers on several medias.
>>
>>339207926
Stopped reading there.
Get some self-control you sperg.
>I went into a store and bought the entire stock of muffin tins and ceramic pots!
>It isn't my fault! It the store's fault for having a sale!
>>
>>339212029
>bitch they don't even have all the shit...
That's an eloquent way of saying fuck-all.

explain yourself.
>>
>>339207926
Mostly I like them for adjusting prices for poor third world hell hole purchasing power.
>>
>>339212029
Steam has achievements, but they dont have a "neat system" for it like Sony does.

>>339212145
>$20 new
Again, they dont sell it new anymore.
Also, it's $4 on PC.
If you want to count the prices of a game 3 years after come out, it's unfair to compare it on a specific day.
>>
>>339212554

my local store did a month or two ago.

pre-owned is 16.20, which is even better, so w/e
>>
>>339212828
>a month or 2 ago
18 months ago, it was $4 on PC
>>
>>339212914

regardless, the regular price when i bought it 1 or 2 months ago, is 20$ cheaper than it is now on steam. i didn't have to wait for sales. i saw a game which was on my 'worth playing' list and bought it.
>>
>>339213073
Seems unfair to compare a game from 1 month ago to a game right this moment.

Especially when it was $4 or less with multiple other games... 1 month ago

http://www.pcgamer.com/humble-devolver-bundle-discounts-ronin-dropsy-shadow-warrior-more/
>>
>>339213387

that's cool. the other games are unaffected though. i've yet to find a game that's as cheap on steam as it is retail
though this applies to the PS store as well
>>
>>339213785
So you're talking about MSRP vs Getting Rid of Stock?

Even though nowhere in the OP did you mention that.
You even bring up games like Evolve for $10, which isnt true unless it was a sale.
>>
>>339214042

http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-evolve,28zu0

10$ pre-owned, 20$ new

whoops. still a massive drop
>>
>>339214467
As long as you admit you were wrong.

What does this have to do with indie games though?

We're talking about MSRP prices of probably OOP games, when in the opening post you were talking about how steam sales only advertises indies.
>>
>>339214816
Also, just so you know, I gotta go do something, so I wont be able to take your backpedal baits anymore. Sorry for ruining your fun when no one replies.
>>
>>339209926
You do realize that you are basically subscribing to those games? You have to continue to subscribe if you want to play any of the "free" psn games.
>>
>>339214816

no, not only advertise indies. just most of the time it's indies (battleblock theater for 1$!) etc. the big games rarely get a price drop big enough to justify the wait.

i heard gta v got dropped 30$ a month or two ago, but that was a good while after release. games are cheap enouh that you don't -have- to wait. i'm a neet and i make like fucking 60-150 a week and i'm drowning in aaa games.
>>
>>339214959

i am subscribing, but it's a continual subscription and every month increaees the value of my subscription by far more than the monthly cost of subscription
>>
A friend of mine gave me his copy of Brink, since he didn't wanna play it, so Friends sell games to me for $0, which is less than $5-$100 you'd pay anywhere else!
>>
>>339215429

another advantage of physical copies over steam copies
>>
>>339215178
What happens when you don't play them anymore? Or if they don't have anything for "free", or nothing good that's free? There's been large stretches of time where there just wasn't anything worth getting off psn unless I wanted to buy a shitty Vita or something, which is maximum baiting. I sub to psn also, but to say it's better than steam sales is fucking crazy to me. I prefer having the choice between 20 super cheap sale games than having to keep a sub to hopefully maybe get something good.
>>
>steam sales bait you into buying shit games

Is this like how pick up artists are raping girls by tricking them into sex?
>>
>>339207926
I've been on Steam since 2004, it definitely sucks in some respects but there is a convenience factor to having all of your games on a single platform that works on Windows, Mac, and Linux.

I primarily play on PS4 now though
>>
>>339215709

i'm not comparing a sub to steam sales though

i've only been a member for like 3 months, missed out on helldivers by a day. but even if it's one good game a month (on average) it's worth it.

i DO plan to get a vita and ps3 eventually, though, so it's more valuable to me
>>
>>339215640
except it doesn't work if the online code is already taken, so it doesn't quite work with online games.....
>>
>>339215852

>code
>not disks

wow, what a faggot! lol.
>>
>>339215845
I agree a psn sub is worth it, but if you can make a psn sub worth it you can probably make a killing on steam. Just my thought.
>>
>>339215852
nevermind i thought you meant steam codes

i've yet to find an mp game on ps4 where you need codes to play online. but i have very few of them
>>
>>339211013
>streaming

Apparently it works really good when my mate wanted to watch me play something. I know that's not really a good example but I didn't even know there was a streaming feature and I find the idea of watching someone play video games autistic.

Steam's cataloguing system for selling games is terrible. Have you ever tried to sort by fucking release date? holy shit good luck with that, it goes by alphabetical with so "before 2019" comes up before 30 June 2016 which doesn't even make sense because numbers should be coming first. It's really bad.

That being said Steam does what I want it to which is let me buy games and on occasion get gifted russian knives through csgo to buy more games.
>>
>>339207926
Console manufacturers stepped up and Valve got lazy.

As for why I support it, I don't really have a choice. Dozens of games are available only on Steam. PC is basically a SteamBox, unless you pirate.
>>
>>339216110
>Watching video games, not playing them
>Watching sports, not playing them
Same thing, anon. I thought /v/ would know better.
>>
>>339216312
Video games aren't sports though. A video game is a marketed product on a marketed machine often streamed by marketers. Sport has that relative "purity" in that it is just some idiots kicking about a ball. While people can fix matches and market the shit out of it, a video game lacks that. You are relying on a machine or multiple machines to do 100% of the work. I just don't see the point. I'm not even a sports fan btw that whole "purity" thing sounds like I am.

Watching games just seems like watching an ad. I can understand watching something to learn more about it but again this isn't a sport thing, it is a user guide scenario.
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.