[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So now that the dust is usurped... DS1 > BB(w/ DLC) >
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 10
File: 20160528232326_1.jpg (185 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160528232326_1.jpg
185 KB, 1920x1080
So now that the dust is usurped...

DS1 > BB(w/ DLC) > DS3 > BB > SotFS > DeS > DS2
>>
DS1's placing is debatable but I'm willing to agree with that list

Hopefully 3 takes the first spot once the DLC comes out
>>
Dust doesn't settle until 2017 after the second DLC comes out.
>>
At least half of Dark Souls 1 is shit, why is it always at the top of these lists?
>>
>>339202738
this desu senpai
>>
>>339202537
I agree. DS3's combat is absolutely sublime, but the reason I put it so low is the poise/online bugs/DaS2 removed features

>>339202785
>great gameplay
>great atmosphere
>great characters
>great lore
>great replayability
>>
File: Mandatory Souls Games.jpg (306 KB, 1198x827) Image search: [Google]
Mandatory Souls Games.jpg
306 KB, 1198x827
Dark Souls > Bloodborne > Demon's Souls > Dark Souls 3
>>
>>339202434
DeS > BB > DS1 > DS3 > DS2

imo
>>
>>339202434
haven't played DeS or SOTFS, but apart from that looks perfect to me
>>
>>339202785
Mostly because it isn't as shit as you think. Izalith is the only shitty part, and even then it's just the lava ocean and BoC that are really awful.
>>
>>339202785
What part of Dark Souls is shit? I've heard people say the second half is much worse, but I thought it was fine. I didn't notice any real drop in quality.
>>
>>339202434
>So now that the dust is usurped
>usurped
>dust is usurped
>Doesn't know what usurped means
Stopped reading.
>>
>>339203274
hownew.ru
>>
>>339203274
That's a pretty bad case of autism anon.
>>
PVE: BB>DeS>DaS>DaS3>DaS2

PVP: DS2>DS1>DS3>BB>DeS

anything else is objectively wrong
>>
Oh my god you fucking pleb fuck

DeS>BB>DaS3>DaS
>>
BB > Das1 > DeS > Das3 > DaS2

All dlc included, das3 will probably be better than des with the dlc, especially if it's ToH quality
>>
>DaS1's DLC is always assumed to be included
>BB's always listed seperately

Explain.
>>
DeS > DaS

Only two I have played. 2 looks awful. Might play 3 but I don't care that much.
>>
>>339202785
Because they are retards
>>
>>339202785
>why is it always at the top of these lists?

The hordes of plebs who started with DaS and have an inflated view of the game.
>>
>>339202785

Oh boy the
>half of Dark Souls 1 is shit
meme.

Fuck off. It's almost as bad as the dark souls 2 is completely shit meme.
>>
>>339203625
ToH was so good it propels BB up

AotA was good but it's more of the same stuff from the base game, same goes for das2 dlc
>>
>>339203625
AotA is cheaper (and also free with prepare to die edition) and much older.
>>
Dark Souls = BB > DS2 > DeS > DS3
>>
>>339203728
This. Especially when faggots include Duke's as part of the second half.

Parts of DS1 that are **OBJECTIVELY** shit

>Demon Ruins
>Lost Izalith

that's IT
>>
>>339203721
kek

It's objectively the best game.
>>
>>339203728
It's legit shit though. The devs straight up admitted some areas were rushed and it clearly shows.

Izalith, Demon Ruins, Tomb of Giants, Ash Lake, Kiln, Crystal Caves, valley of drakes and the archives are all varying degrees of shit.
>>
File: Mandatory Souls Games.png (1 MB, 1024x818) Image search: [Google]
Mandatory Souls Games.png
1 MB, 1024x818
>>339202983
Dark Souls 3>Dark Souls>BB>Dark Souls 2>Demons Souls
>>
>>339202785
Dark Souls 3 to me is the closest they've gotten to a game with consistent quality throughout, I thought DS1 and BB both had bad second halves, while DeS and DS2 were just constantly going up and down between areas.
>>
Dark souls is objectively the shittiest souls game. It has 2 (two) good bosses.
>>
File: 1463330778084.jpg (38 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1463330778084.jpg
38 KB, 400x400
>>339204040
>85 on metacritic vs BB's 92
>>
What does it mean to be a Lord of Cinder? Is it someone who Linked the Fire, of someone who COULD HAVE (as in, had the required powerlevel) to link the fire, regardless of whether they actually did?
>>
>>339204051
How can someone be so wrong?
>>
>>339204072
>BB
>bad second half

nigger, what

you can argue that bloodborne had worse quality overall, but you can't argue there was a drop in quality wtf
>>
>>339204172
>metacritic scores
>meaning anything
>>
>>339204172
>he thinks game critics know what they're talking about
>>
>>339204223
It's a maymay started by salty DaS fans trying to perpetuate this idea of BB somehow suffering the same issue as DaS even though it's probably the most consistent Souls game.
>>
>>339204273
>your opinion
>meaning anything
>>
>>339204184

Someone that did or is meant to link the fire, I believe.
>>
>>339202434
Why separate the dlc for all the games except ds1?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIa3V-KjOjU
>>
>>339204424
Dark Souls was not taken seriously until it was released on PC.

The PC release included the Dee Ell Cee
>>
>>339204415
that could describe literally anyone
>it's option A
>it's also NOT option A
okay?
>>
File: 1362778299986.png (2 MB, 1449x1375) Image search: [Google]
1362778299986.png
2 MB, 1449x1375
The more I play it, the less I like 3. It's not the consistent annoyance that I felt playing 2, but more of just a complete lack of interest in 3 after only one playthrough. I've beaten it twice now, and even with a completely different build, Witch Locks pyro as opposed to my first quality build, I just can't be bothered to keep playing it. I'm sure I'll come back to it whenever the DLC comes out, but I just can't muster up the interest to slog through everything in the same fucking way a third time now. I've never lost interest in a Souls game this fast.
>>
>>339204223
Except there definitely is after Forbidden Woods, multiple bad bosses combined with rehashed enemies is what I would consider a quality drop.

>Rom
>Amygdala
>One Reborn
>Paarl is a complete pushover if you do it this late
>Celestial Emissary
>Micolash
>Mergo
>>
File: DaS3 Knight Corpse.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
DaS3 Knight Corpse.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>339202434
So what's the "canon" ending?
End of Fire?
I mean, it's possibly the most fitting for the series, considering the high possibility of this being the last Dark Souls game.

Also
>The first corpse you come across in the game is this guy
I wonder who he was.
>>
I actually liked Bloodborne more than Dark Souls, but I prefer that setting, so it may be personal preference. The only things that really stoof out as bad to me were most of the Chalice Dungeons, and how disappointing Mergo's Wet Nurse was.
>>
>>339204664
>I wonder who he was.
A reference to Oscar of Astora
>>
>>339204614
All of those are fine bosses apart from Celestial Ayymisary, which leads to another O P T I O N A L boss
>>
>>339204614
>Micolash
>bad boss

Fuck off
>>
>>339204614
I would consider one of those a quality drop (Emissary.)

Explain how any of them are worse than Witch of Hemwick.
>>
>>339204184
Yhorm became a lord of cinder to put a rest to the abyss corrupted profaned flame and it's influence.

Aldrich became a lord of cinder because of his might, not his virtue, the cathedral of the deep was originally a way of the white church set up to sealing away the horrors of the deep, aldrich's past.

The abyss watchers became lords of cinder out of a "mandate" given by result of the shared wolfs blood. Presumably their role as wardens of the abyss is similar in effect to Yhorm's. In effect, not linking the flame may be similar to accepting the abyss as well, so the shared wolfs blood and cult of abyss watching made it necessary for them to link the flame.

Lothric were sworn in like the chosen undead to rekindle a dying flame, the result of bizarre attempts to create a perfect heir. When this failed, and the twin princes neglected to link the flame, Oceiros resorted to creating a dragon heir to escape the flame.

To become a lord of cinder appears to be simply a result of various factors, but mostly to stave off an ever growing threat.
>>
File: 1463769486851.png (296 KB, 359x333) Image search: [Google]
1463769486851.png
296 KB, 359x333
>>339204072
>Smouldering lake
>Demon Ruins or whatever the fuck the lava chalice dungeon is called
>catacombs
>farron keep
>road of sacrifice
>tower of latria with the atmosphere replaced with screamers
>duke's archives v1.5
>all the reused enemies late game

>consistent quality
>>
>>339204664
"canon" end is Usurpation of Fire

>two games in a row have endings that reject the cycle
>"fitting" end to the series has the MC being a fuccboi slave to the cycle in any way
no
>>
File: darksouls40.jpg (177 KB, 1198x874) Image search: [Google]
darksouls40.jpg
177 KB, 1198x874
>>339203943
Where did all the hate for Tomb of the Giants even come from? It's short, but beyond complaints about skeleton dogs being huge cunts, I really can't remember it getting much hate until fairly recently.
>>
People who put DaS3 over BB are clearly delusional PCucks.
>>
>>339202434
Reasonable.
>>
>>339204664
The canon ending will come with the DLCs.
>>
File: 1386026234653.gif (3 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1386026234653.gif
3 MB, 400x225
>>339204551
>Dark Souls was not taken seriously until it was released on PC.
Will you PConly faggots ever stop being such fucking babies?
>>
>>339204885
I don't know either. It's dark, that's about it.
>>
>>339204223
rom, the one reborn, micolash, hemwick witches, wet nurse, celestial emissary, shadows of yharnam and amygdala are all kind of meh or shitty bosses, forbidden woods, charnel lane, upper cathedral ward, byrgenwerth, nightmare frontier, nightmare of mensis, cainhurst and yahar'gul are all pretty disappointing after the godly central yharnam, cathedral ward and old yharnam.

I actually find bloodborne goes to shit at around 30-40% of the way through, most of the games in the series hold my interest throughout, but every single time I get to forbidden woods, it's such a boring, tedious slog through boring content that I usually stop playing, it was okay on the first playthrough I guess.
>>
Its funny how you fucks that never played Demons Souls rate it last. Just dont list it if you havnt played it.
>>
>>339205126
>339205126
Not the same guy but he's right, we barely had Dark Souls threads before the PC release.
>>
>>339204885
shitty gimmick area with bad bonfire placement, boring enemies and nothing going on visually.
>>
>>339202434
nostalgia goggles

BB=DS3 > DaS=DeS > my dog's shit > DS2

with DLC BB is at the top of the list
>>
>>339204172
>metacritic scores
Underage, please leave.
>>
>>339205291
You're delusional, anon. We had multiple constant threads before the /vg/ split, and consistent threads even after. All the PC threads contributed was obnoxious shit like "git gud" and "artificial difficulty". Not sure if Fireden goes back far enough, but on the Foolz archive you could literally trace "git gud" spam to the PC release.
>>
BB>DaS=DeS>DaS2>DaS3
>>
>>339205181
>forbidden woods
>upper cathedral ward
>nightmare of mensis
>fucking cainhurst

>disappointing

Legit bad taste m8.
>>
>>339204816
>Micolash
>good
It had an interesting atmosphere and dialogue, but the actual fight was easily one of the worst in the game. All he does is run around for 20 minutes then stand in a corner spamming A Call Beyond.
>>
>>339202434
An actual acceptable opinion. Well done, OP.
>>
>>339205397
BB is already at the top of your list you moronic sonypony
>>
>>339204827
>If they're not worse than Witches they're quality

Mergo and Amygdala are completely useless when you get behind them which is ridiculous that after this many games From still makes bosses like this. One reborn is "not tower knight" and I can't even describe his attacks besides the floor is lava one even after all the times I've fought him. Micolash may be a nice character but his boss fight itself is complete shit, I can't believe people defend it. Rom is a boss that hopes you get impatient as fuck and try to attack him while hes surrounded by spiders. Paarl I like but as I said if you don't know about getting kidnapped and finding it you'll more than likely accidentally stunlock the fucking thing to death later on.

For me when I play through DS1 and Bloodborne I just don't understand how they could put this many mediocre/bad bosses back to back right at the end, which is normally where a game saves the best and goes all out.

>>339204849
DS3 isn't my favorite just for clarification, I just never got the feeling of "this is dragging on" aside from road and farron
>>
>>339204830
I feel that "Lord of Cinder" is a descriptor of power. I mean, consider Gwyn. Yes, Gwyn linked the fire. However, the title "Lord of Cinder" was intended to be an ironic callback to Gwyn's original title "Lord of Sunlight," to show how his kingdom had faded into naught but cinder, along with the fading flame.

Furthermore, the game is very passive about the phrase "Lords of Cinder, who linked the flame." It's a phrase you hear over and over again. This is a very subtle distinction, but the logical implication here IS NOT [link the flame] -> [become Lord of Cinder]. The logical chain is [have Lord of Cinder] -> [Link the Flame]. The crucial difference is that you can allow for the possibility of having Lords of Cinder who DON'T link the fire. They could have, but didn't (ex. Lothric).

Keep in mind that the Firekeeper blesses you with the phrase "Let the Lord's embers acknowledge thee as their true heir. A true lord, fit to link the flame." Which pretty explicitly states this notion that a LoC is someone with the potential strength to link the fire, NOT someone who did it already.

Now, you might think that "b-but Ludleth stated that he became a Lord of Cinder by linking the flame." HOWEVER. He comes clean later on in the game, after you find the eyes, when he says "So, I willed myself Lord, TO LINK THE FLAME, TO PAINT A NEW VISION." Becoming a Lord was the process of gathering the strength to link the flame, not the act of linking it. He was misleading you in your initial conversation, presumably to help "motivate" you. Or maybe it's just a writing mistake.

There, now this question "What is a Lord of Cinder" can be retired forever. Screencap this post.
>>
>>339205792

3/4 of the bosses in Bloodborne were too much of a clusterfuck to be considered good fights.
>>
>>339205656
Upper cathedral ward is literally like one room, with shitty gank enemy encounter design, a horrendous wasteful boss, and a good boss that's not really even part of the area.

Forbidden woods aren't a bad use of level design, but they are just incredibly boring and tedious, with samey villager type enemies in the first half and the hordes of snakes in the second, followed by a disappointingly uninspired boss.

Cainhurst is short and wasted, why isn't there a side route I can take into the underbelly with another npc or something, maybe even a secret room containing the cainhurst set, or a boss battle against someone with the chikage?

The entire area screams unfinished, that sub part of the lore is even lacking compared to the rest of the game. In addition, the enemy encounter design is lazy, with hordes of ghosts filling the rooms, and the courtyard lickers being incredibly tedious to deal with if you don't just run past them.

Nightmare of mensis is okay, but it feels like a massive retread of ideas already explored, the nightmare areas should have been an opportunity to get into some really unique and fucked up level design, but they completely wasted it, the mergo's loft area in addition is pretty dismal.
>>
>>339202914

The gameplay competes with DkS2 for worst in the series:

>Literally, unilaterally, and objectively the worst weapon movesets.
>Broken poise.
>Infinites up the ass.
>Spells that make PvE a joke.
>The most degenerate BS-centric combat of the series.
>Backpedaling with a shield will get you out of practically any situation.
>Enemies are at large entirely non-threatening.
>DWGR.

It's literally Demon's Souls with broken tacked-on poise which completely undermines the gameplay, and worst movesets.
>>
File: howfansseesouls.png (940 KB, 1854x739) Image search: [Google]
howfansseesouls.png
940 KB, 1854x739
>>339202434
>>
>>339203189
I actually really liked Lost Izalith. Archives and Crystal Cave was the shitty part for me.
>>
>>339207095
muh nostalgia!
>>
>>339206821
>Literally, unilaterally, and objectively the worst weapon movesets.
>Spells that make PvE a joke.
>The most degenerate BS-centric combat of the series.
>Backpedaling with a shield will get you out of practically any situation.
>Enemies are at large entirely non-threatening.

That's some quality bait anon
>>
BB>DeS>Ds1>Ds2>Ds3
>>
>>339207568
[including all applicable dlc]

BB = DaS1 > DaS3 > DeS = Scholar >>> DaS2
>>
Sorry pal, here's the objectively right answer.

DS1 > DeS >BB w/DLC >BB> DS3 > DS2> SotFS.

Sotfs was fucking garbage.
>>
>>339202434
Why do you count both BB and DS2's original and complete versions seperately but not DS1's original edition and Artorias of the Abyss?
>>
>>339208615
I think its because Old Hunters and Scholar almost completely changed some peoples opinions of each game, whereas AotA was extremely well received by anybody who already liked DaS and didn't do much to change people who didn't like it.
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.