[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever gotten absolutely stuck in a video game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: download.jpg (7 KB, 279x181) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7 KB, 279x181
Where for the life of you, there was no way forward? This could be via some glitch that couldn't be fixed via reloading, or because you got stuck in some area without enough ammo/health to carry forward, but no way to go back and restock, etc.

Share your hardships.
>>
In the original half life I jumped in this empty elevator shaft, somehow I managed to auto save midway through the fall. and then died crashing at the bottom. apparently Ive only been using one save file up to that point in the game so the auto save took its place. I kept reloading the game in elevator shaft and dying with no way to progress anymore besides replying the whole thing from the beginning.

turned off the game and never played it again to this day.
>>
>>339202720
Can't you just start at the beginning of a chapter?
>>
I got stuck in RE4.

Enter the castle for the first time, only a few shots left, no way to go back, Garrador in the next room.

Hmm...
>>
>>339201045
I'm currently stuck in Crinzon Clover Arcade mode, Type I.
Stage 3 is already getting way too ridiculous with the amount of bullets thrown at you.

No wonder noone plays shmups when only superplayers can play the genre anymore...
>>
>>339201045
Guild Wars 2.

Got a dawn drop in the mystic toilet, it's sitting in storage, just got tired of it all.

I miss Guild Wars 1 HoH battles as Dom Mesmer, when Mesmer actually required skill, when shutting down prot/infuse and casters was important, now it's just porting people through jumping puzzles and shatter spamming.
>>
>>339201045
Had a few scenarios that ALMOST turned out like that.
But the best one, was playing the original Halo on Legendary, back when that seemed hard to me and my friends.

We finished the 2nd level, and were heading to the... pelican, i think its called, to leave the level. My friend decides to joke around, and drive off the cliff, right next to it.
Which I wasnt too worried about, it check pointed us, after the last fight.
But I saw it coming, so I jumped out of the jeep before it fell off, but the momentum had me going off the cliff anyways.

Right as I notice I cant escape the momentum, for some reason the game gives us another checkpoint, mid air, off the cliff, right at the finishline...

We tried multiple time, even using grenades to try and get us back, nothing worked, and we only cared, due to how time consuming that level was to finish. (Cant skip objectives)
>>
I got stuck in Shadow of Chernobyl. When you're on the way to Pripyat or the reactor (I forget) there was a section with this god damn attack heli shooting at you. I somehow ended up saving behind cover but the heli appears a second later and tears my asshole apart. Had to redo hours of progress since I was pretty much just using quicksave/quickload.
>>
Final Fantasy 7, in the lab where you get RedXIII I thought that the door forward out of that room was ON TOP of the walkway you can see it through. literally got stuck for a year on that shit until returning to it, fucking around overleveling like crazy for three hours trying to figure it out, and accidentally walking through it on the bottom part.

Had a similar year stopping point when it got to saving the giant materia from the train crash and my buttons for the minigame had been fucked because I didn't like the x and o swap the game had and had fucked my controller for it changing that up
>>
>>339203642
Got "The Legend" from the mystic forge on like my 3rd try of it (putting in 4 rares). Sold it at the time, and spent the 900g on fun stuff - weapon skins, goofy items, interesting stat armour / weapons, that sorta stuff.

Y'know, if your Dawn is just gonna gather dust in your inventory there, by all means, I'll Jew it off you sweet cheeks.
>>
In half life 1 when you have to turn on that giant fan to go up, i turned it on so it was visually spinning but didn't blow me up, so I wasted like an hour looking around before I tried it again and it worked.
>>
>>339201045
Sunset Park Act 3 in Sonic Triple Trouble
>>
>>339201045
I got stuck in the trap room in the original Zelda once when I was a kid. There is a single room in the final dungeon where the doors lock until all the monsters are dead, but the only monster in the room is one of the invincible flying skulls.
>>
File: ODD_SligBaracks.jpg (920 KB, 2138x2453) Image search: [Google]
ODD_SligBaracks.jpg
920 KB, 2138x2453
>>339201045
I'm still salty.
>>
>>339201045
Ori & The Blind Forest's Escape The Water level. Fuck me i ragequit the game after 20 tries!
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.