[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Don't you guys hate it when the game acts plastic? By that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: cinematic experience.gif (2 MB, 299x320) Image search: [Google]
cinematic experience.gif
2 MB, 299x320
Don't you guys hate it when the game acts plastic?
By that I mean the game does something itself rather than letting the player do it.

For instance: Uncharted 4 platforming - just move the analog stick in the needed direction and press the X or square (depending on a wall/platform). That's it. No need to balance, no punishment and no reward (except for an opportunity to move forward into the game), Drake's body just magically glues itself to a platform.

Or the new Doom where in order to slaughter an enemy (or do a "glory" gore kill) either by your hands or a chainsaw, you just press a button and watch a small cutscene where you annihilate an enemy. Why did they take the control from the player? I don't know how they'd pull that out without these cutscenes in case of killing a monster by hand BUT they could certainly give us a control to murder enemies with a chainsaw like Valve's team did in Left 4 Dead. In L4D the player was in charge of how he wanted to use the chainsaw, what zombie's body part he wanted to cut etc. Hell, a player could simply run around with a running chainsaw in his hands for no reason.

And I am not even going to start on Overwatch and such games especially since I haven't played Overwatch but It's still easy to spot this thing even on a video.
>>
>>339193817
it makes people feel important because it needs no skill and looks good
>>
I don't like it much since I feel it defeats the point of the feature, although in some cases it is a necessary evil.
For example: MGR:R's platforming was absolute trash so I'm glad they had a dedicated button for you to hold down 100% of the time
>>
>>339193817
You are a hardcore gamer and you shouldn't play games catered for casuals and the mediocre if you can't stop complaining.

I stopped playing those games, it is just a pain ins the ass.
>>
Also, I wanted to add that many reviewers tend to mention how fun the hook/rope is in U4. Well, no shit, lads. One of the few things a player does by himself in a game is a hook. Drake can swing in many directions and if he fails then he has to start swinging again. Not much of a punishment but still a tiny pleasant thing.

>>339194825
>You are a hardcore gamer
No, I am not. I don't tend to play many niche games and/or games with more complex mechanics. But I still want to play GAMES rather than movies.
>>
>>339193817
>midgame kingdom hearts 2
>mash X
>sora is flying across the map doing all kinds of sparkly magic flip attacks well after you've stopped input
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5mBk9E-kZ4
Bump with cinematic experience.
>>
>>339193817
I generally avoid shooters and 'cinematic' games, but I did play the Tomb Raider remake a couple years ago. I mean, I liked the originals as a kid, so this should be fun too, right?

One of the things that stood out the most to me in that game was right at the very beginning; you get out of a cave and you have to walk on top of a fallen tree to get to the other side of a cliff.

As you start walking on the tree, the cameras changes to look from an isometric perspective, and the Lara starts going "WOOOOOOOOW" and acting like she is trying to stay balanced and about to fall...except that theres no actual risk of falling, you just have to press foward. The game is full of shit like this.

They replaced the actually interesting and challenging platforming/exploration gameplay the old games had for scenes that LOOK tricky, but barely give the player any control over what is happening and how Lara interacts with the enviroment.

Why do people even like this kind of shit
>>
it sucks, which is why i dont play naughty dog or cinematic garbage
>>
File: BART.png (366 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
BART.png
366 KB, 640x480
>>339193817
In the Uncharted series I hate the setpieces because they are totally linear and predictable. In games like Doom 4 and MGR a small cutscene that lasts under a second during certain attacks doesn't bother me though, I like how the chainsaw is an actual mechanic in the new game and not just a gimmick weapon as well.
>>
File: Ch9Dr16UgAExImS.jpg (144 KB, 599x450) Image search: [Google]
Ch9Dr16UgAExImS.jpg
144 KB, 599x450
>>339193817
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.