[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you guys do it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: painkillers.jpg (29 KB, 615x409) Image search: [Google]
painkillers.jpg
29 KB, 615x409
I'm 54 and just started gaming with my son. I bought him a PC that we built together.

We've been playing Battlefield, Half Life, and some other games.

My question is: how do you stop the blinding headaches? I get so woozy playing with him. I need to take 2 paracetamols just to keep playing with him.

How do I game without getting a blinding headache?

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post, I googled gaming forums and found this one where I didn't need to register. Hopefully this post shows up!
>>
File: Skywalker_OG.jpg (108 KB, 750x490) Image search: [Google]
Skywalker_OG.jpg
108 KB, 750x490
OP Smoke this it will make the pain go away.
>>
>>339191932
Are you for real?
>>
I'll bite.

Headaches whilst gaming are often eye-strain related. Get yourself to an opthamologist and describe your problems - if it's a vision issue a decent pair of glasses might help.

In game, there are many display settings that could help. Explore the settings menus both of the game and the screen, and play around until you find something you find more comfortable. Lower brightness and decreased colour temperature are your friends here.
>>
Play at higher than 60FPS. Aim for 120FPS or 144FPS. If headaches persist, go buy a PS4.
>>
>>339191932
I'm sorry friend, but if you're for real, you've stumbled into a land of very bitter, unstable people, and should turn back before your idea of what gamers in general are like is completely twisted.
A forum like r/games would better suit you. Best of luck.
>>
>>339191932
Don't take paracetamol, is too strong for your liver for just a headache.
Take aspirin or ibuprofen.
>>
Post your PC specs!
>>
File: 1457803655202.jpg (188 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
1457803655202.jpg
188 KB, 750x750
>>339192290
>weed for headaches
>>
>>339191932
I bet you don't have a problem playing third person shooters, but first person shooters make you dizzy.
>>
>>339192471
You can get specific eyewear made for computer use.
>>
>>339191932
Low FOV(Field of View) on FPS games often give me a headache. Check the settings and try to increase it. Stop when you start get a fisheye lens effect.
>>
>>339191932
you take 5 mins to correctly set your monitor and fov.
>>
File: Gunnar Gaming Glasses.jpg (312 KB, 3000x1725) Image search: [Google]
Gunnar Gaming Glasses.jpg
312 KB, 3000x1725
>>339191932
You need one of these babies, gramps

no seriously just get computer glasses
>>
>>339191932
Lower display brightness (don't fall for meme glasses which do the same thing)
Increase field of view in the game options to make the game's movement feel slower
Sit farther back
Increase frame rate in games (lower settings or buy a better video card)
Power through it and try to get yourself used to it.
>>
File: 1456266539941.jpg (17 KB, 404x313) Image search: [Google]
1456266539941.jpg
17 KB, 404x313
>>339191932
The headaches go away after a few years of gaming.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.