[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mass Effect 1 was the best ME game. Discuss.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6
File: header.jpg (34 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
34 KB, 460x215
Mass Effect 1 was the best ME game.

Discuss.
>>
The gunplay was shit though.
>>
>all the RPG mechanics is shit
>all the FPS mechanics is shit
>an alien race exist for sex
>citadel looks like a shopping mall more than anything
>corridor shooter levels
>shitty moon buggy rides to go through even more corridors

A game like this should be hated by /v/, but it isn't

KEK
>>
There's nothing to discuss. You're absolutely correct.

>tfw Bioware "fixed" all of the problems the critics had with it (inventory, side quests, mako, elevators) by getting rid of the associated features altogether in ME2
>the critics slopped it up without asking any questions because EA wined and dined them
>>
>>339189345

It had that signature Bioware clunkiness but I have to agree, ME2 and ME3 got so streamlimed that the gameplay felt like a mobile game, every mission was just - press x to go here, shoot, kill, choose attitude in dialogue, leave, rinse and repeat 20-30 times. ME1 at least felt like you had to explore and the missions took longer than 10 minutes.
>>
>>339189561
It was hated by most of /v/
but after enough time nearly everything gets good
just look at CoD Modern Warfare
people here actually say its a good game, while it contains and pioneered everything that makes modern shooters shit
>>
>>339189345
i remember a time when I couldnt get ANYONE to seriously discuss how much better mass effect 1 was.

different year. different people who are actively using 4chan.

now people make TOPICS about it
>>
File: mako.jpg (41 KB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
mako.jpg
41 KB, 636x358
I would honestly rather spend my time scanning planets instead of driving around in this thing.
>>
>>339189561
>all the FPS mechanics is shit
But anon, it's not a FPS.
>>
ME2 is better
especially if you mod out the shared cooldown bullshit so you can actually have fun playing anything but soldier
>>
>>339189345
That inventory is shit though. I aint gonna spend 15 minutes changing loadouts and mods only to find better shit like 2 seconds later
>>
>>339189345
Best YOU game?
>>
>>339189805
Then you're an idiot. It's not even hard to drive. You have to be literally retarded to not be able to handle the mako.
>>
>>339189805
they should've made the mako sections entirely optional. I liked it, but obviously a lot of people didn't, and any time you make a secondary mechanic like that essential to the game you're obviously going to piss people off
I don't think cutting it was the right option though
>>
All three games are terrible, the first one happens to be least so.
>>
>>339190247
It's not hard, it's a snorefest. Literally all they had to do was give it a boost button like the Hammerhead.
>>
1st one is great. It's not perfect by a long shot but it has great pacing and is an excellent start to building the ME universe.

2nd one had a chance to take all the weak but interesting parts from ME1 and make them better by expanding and refining them, but instead they just ripped it all out and replaced it with something even worse.

3rd one was the same as the 2nd, just without the filler and a dial back to the original slightly in some areas. It also had fun MP.

1>3>2
>>
File: morte.png (50 KB, 183x248) Image search: [Google]
morte.png
50 KB, 183x248
>You are not Saren.
>>
File: me 3 endings.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
me 3 endings.webm
2 MB, 640x360
I think me1 is good and all but me3 had by far the most memorable ending.
>>
>>339189793
Can't believe this place used to suck ME2's dick because of waifus. It's hilarious now to read posts from fags like >>339189435 when all /v/ was good for was waifu posting and story faggotry.
>>
>>339191343
Still mad?
>>
File: Jack NEVER.gif (1 MB, 260x264) Image search: [Google]
Jack NEVER.gif
1 MB, 260x264
>>339189435
THIS
>>339189561
THIS
>>339191343
KEK

Best thin to come out of the Mass Effect series was Jack
>>
>>339189345
It's goat, great theme coming through
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVm_ljDSdwA
>>
>>339192062
That fucking theme.
>take hours to create my character face
>start the game
>theme start
>see my ingame character face
>quit and recreate a face
>>
>>339191414

ME2 is technically better than ME1 in every way.

The only way a person can think ME1 is better in a not-nostalgic way is if they just prefer the space opera tone. ME2's shift from that is pretty jarring when you first play.
>>
>Muh forced Human self insert
>Legion only from late ME2
JUST
>>
File: me 3 feel good ending.jpg (71 KB, 789x622) Image search: [Google]
me 3 feel good ending.jpg
71 KB, 789x622
Im really thankful for EA/bioware commitment to produce more post-launch content for their games.
>>
>>339193163
>Legion only from late ME2
I blame the xbox for that. To avoid too much disc swapping.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.