[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Somewhere between these two games exists the perfect Sega roster
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: Sonic racing games.jpg (1 MB, 3576x1200) Image search: [Google]
Sonic racing games.jpg
1 MB, 3576x1200
Somewhere between these two games exists the perfect Sega roster of playable characters...minus the cameos and adding Vectorman or Ristar. But why were some characters excluded from the first and second game? Why not have NiGHTS in the first one? Why cut Billy Hatcher or the Chu Chu's and add Pudding into the second? Ah well, still some of the best kart racers.
>>
File: 1464464544563.png (411 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1464464544563.png
411 KB, 640x480
>Sanic Kart 3 never ever
>>
File: SegaSmashBros.jpg (164 KB, 967x540) Image search: [Google]
SegaSmashBros.jpg
164 KB, 967x540
>>339187716

>Sega Smash clone never ever
>>
File: 1283040895612.jpg (9 KB, 251x245) Image search: [Google]
1283040895612.jpg
9 KB, 251x245
I wish i was able to get into transformed but the laps seem to slog on. I like how theyre dynamic but hate the flying sections. Driving and boating are cool with me. I have so many good memories of playing SASASR on xbox 360. One of the best moments of last gen for me
>>
>>339187957
I'd rather have a SEGA vs SNK game
>>
>>339187407
Billy getting cut made no sense, he got a new stage in the second and got cut? I just don't get it.
>>
The character cuts were probably because the game had a smaller budget than the first and the cars were way more animated and animation takes a lot of time. People like to shit on danica and wreck it ralph but they probably funded 50% of the game.
>>
>>339189129
The only one I think went too far is the Yogcast one.
>>
>Ryo is cut in the sequel
>becomes fucking DLC that's only on PC and Mobile

I'm assuming Akira and Jacky were cut because of lolFerrari
>>
>>339189129
Ralph was a pretty cool addition. Him and Danica Patrick would've been better if they had courses representing them as well.

>Sugar Rush level for Ralph
>Daytona USA level that would simultaneously represent Nascar as well as be a classic Sega throwback
>>
>>339189129
According to the devs, a lot of it came down to SEGA not being able to secure licenses/permissions in time. Ex. Ryo was meant to be there again, but his license holder took a long time to get back to them, thus the PC DLC. Same with Sanshiro, he was going to be playable, but the actor agreed to allowing his likeness to appear too late, so he was just a cameo.

Sucks, but the core game is so good that I don't mind.
>>
>>339189742
Agreed not sure what the point of that one was...some charity shit?

>>339190230
>sugar rush
>daytona

Alright those woulve been fucking GREAT ideas, holy shit thats to bad it didnt happen. Would take those 2 over the 4 tracks from the first game, which were such bad choices
>>
They nailed the music in Transforned

That Space harrier and outrun bay theme
And super sonic racing second part on first track
>>
>>339191150
Fuck yeah, I loved the Skies of Arcadia and Burning Rangers tracks as well.
>>
I still love that story about the creator of Skies of Arcadia seeing the Rogue's Landing, hearing the music, and tearing up because he thought Sega didn't care about SoA or something like that.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.