[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this game dead on the Xbone? I'd like to give it a try
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: titanfall_box.jpg (252 KB, 1100x1500) Image search: [Google]
titanfall_box.jpg
252 KB, 1100x1500
Is this game dead on the Xbone? I'd like to give it a try but would rather not buy a dead game.
>>
>>339184463

it's dead, period.

just like every multiplayer shooter after 3 months, these days.
>>
The game is dead on every platform, which is a shame because it's pretty damn fun.

But hey, that's what you get when you charge $60 for a multiplayer focused game with no campaign and only a handful of content at launch. Same thing happened to Battlefront as well.

Hopefully, EA has learned their lesson with those two and will instead let their respective sequels have ACTUAL CONTENT before charging $60 for it. Not likely though, since it is EA we're talking about.
>>
>>339184463
>no campaign
campaigns for these types of games are always godawful. i don't know how anyone can sit through the cod/battlefield scriptathon campaigns.
>>
>>339184463
It's been dead the day it was released.
>>
>>339184759
Pretty sure the new Titanfall will have a singleplayer campaign. I think I remember reading that somewhere.
>>
>>339184950
for
>>339184759
>>
>>339184728
>just like every multiplayer shooter after 3 months

True that. BF Hardline? Dead. Advanced Warfare? Dead. Overwatch? Soon.

Take a look at CoD 4 or MW2, those games still have players. Same with TF2 and CS:GO.
>>
>>339184728
>>339184759
They do this on purpose so you'll run out and buy the next $60 online-only shooter.

If Titanfall had a real campaign, local co-op/splitscreen and custom maps and games, then people would still be playing it and wouldn't have bought Battlefront.
>>
>>339184728
>>339184759
>>339184956
don't listen to these people
there's like 4k people online right now
>>
>>339185058

yeah. games just don't have the enduring playerbase they used to, even AAA titles.

every new MP shooter is just a flavor of the month
>>
>>339184950
So then don't make "scriptathon" campaigns?
>>
File: 1394140943996.jpg (102 KB, 300x269) Image search: [Google]
1394140943996.jpg
102 KB, 300x269
>>339184759
>Battlefront

>Stats
>3k online

Bwhhahhahaahahahhahhaa
>>
>>339185183
Name one multiplayer shooter in the past 8 years that didn't have a dull boring scriptathon campaign.
>>
>>339184463
There is a surprising amount of people still playing on the One
>>
>>339184982
But will it have more than a handful of maps on release?

Playing the same 5 maps over and over just gets boring, and gating off more maps behind paid DLC is just a guaranteed way to kill your game.
>>
>>339185275
That's more than enough to get 5v5 matches going 3dpig poster
>>
Fps Moba what a fucking retarded idea. Fuck this game even if the core game and mechanics are fun

Tribes vengeance 2 when?
>>
it goes on special a lot. i got it for £6.
its worth £6
>>
>>339185313
Again, just don't make campaigns like that.

Saying "don't make a campaign at all" instead of "make a good campaign" is fucking stupid.
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 625x469) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 625x469
>>339185275
>>
so how will they gouge us with ttianfall 2?
purchasable burn card packs?
purchasable titan skins?
>>
>>339186148
>Fps Moba what a fucking retarded idea
Some guys who never played a video game and were busy studying marketing decided that these "MOBA" products are the new fad and should be integrated into their company "FPS" products.
>>
Literally the only way to play it is on PC and boy it was dead at release, let alone now.

Keep in mind they have fucking given away the game for free at least once and store region bugs at release meant a lot of people got it for six million Mexican pesos (like ten real dollars).

Fun while it lasted, especially at that price. Don't buy for console. It's a totally different game. Bad modern Call of Duty with big robots, instead of go fast wall run speed demon acrobatics with big robots on lmao Origin.
>>
>>339184463
I wish there was an actual good not dead multiplayer games these days
>>
Just play on PC. If you're in NA, then it's easy enough to find games during prime time. The problem is the only people left are 90% diehard players, and 25-50% of them jump around with the smart pistol, which is OP as fuck on PC once you have an understanding of the movement.
>>
xbone titanfall has some weird port forwarding problem , upnp alone will not work like it doe with every other xbone game
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.