[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best Boss in Dark Souls 1
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 235
Thread images: 48
File: best bos.jpg (30 KB, 630x630) Image search: [Google]
best bos.jpg
30 KB, 630x630
So a little while ago I made a thread with a straw poll link asking you all which boss in Dark Souls 3. The thread was fun and I thought I'd make another poll. This time asking which was your favorite boss in Dark Souls 1.

http://www.strawpoll.me/10335629

Also, according to the poll I posted in the last thread I made these were the top five bosses in Dark Souls 3 according to the 369 votes, these are /v/'s top 5 Dark Souls 3 bosses.
>1. Lorian and Lothric, Twin Princes (72 Votes. 20%)
>2. Champion Gundyr (58 Votes, 16%)
>3. Nameless King (52 Votes, 14%)
>4. Soul of Cinder (44 Votes, 12%)
>5. Abyss Watchers (36 Votes, 10%)
>>
Wow. Lorian and Lothric won that? I thought the Champ had it for sure. Not that I'm complaining, both are great fights. The Twin Princes definitely had the better sound track out of the two fights.
>>
File: Quelaag_full.jpg (430 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Quelaag_full.jpg
430 KB, 1920x1080
Mother
>>
>>339183284
>1. Lorian and Lothric, Twin Princes (72 Votes. 20%)
Why? I'm not saying that it was bad, or that my choices were any better necessarily (Aldrich and AW), but what is it that made this fight so popular? Gundyr I understand even if I personally didn't like it much.
>>
>>339183284
Tough call i would say it's a toss up between Smough and O and Artorias.
>>
>>339184908
I think it has to do with the characters you're fighting. They're two brothers who are both crippled by a curse that binds them to each other. I personally think it's fucking epic how Lorian fights on his knees like that. I've never seen a boss who has that kind of style. Plus with Lothric hanging on his brothers back in the second phase it really drives the point home that you're literally intruding on the home of two brothers who just want to watch the fire fade. If you die when facing them Lothric says "This is our resting place. But you may rest here too if you'd like." The princes aren't bad people by any means. They're young and naive, sure, but by no means are they evil or corrupt. Comparing them to the other 3 lords of cinder they're the most pure of them all. Yhorm has lost his mind due to losing everything he had. Aldrich obsessed over consuming the flesh of others, and the abyss watchers become corrupted by the very thing they were protecting the world from. The Twin Princes are just a very sad fight lorewise. Also the music is great.
>>
>>339186109
pretty accurate. though I think the "you may rest here too if you'd like." was more snide than genuinely welcoming.
>>
>>339183914
are you rating the bosses just in terms of difficulty?
>>
Gaping Dragon, just for how neat it is.
>>
>>339187103
I rate bosses in terms of difficulty/gameplay and presentation/aesthetic. I like Lorian and Lothric because of what >>339186109 said. He was pretty spot on there. But Gundyr is my favorite fight because of how I never feel safe fighting him. I always feel like Gundyr can wreck my shit out of no where if I'm not careful.
>>
It's going to be Artorias first, O&S second, with everyone else a distant third.
>>
>O&S is winning over fucking Artorias and Manus

Have you people fought O&S recently? They really haven't aged well.
>>
>>339183284

voted O&S in this poll

really surprised to see gundyr at second on the DaS3 poll. i died 1 time to him on my first play through and thats only because i was getting complacent. easy boss
>>
>>339188050
really surprised to see O&S at first on this DaS1 poll. i died 1 time to them on my first play through and thats only because i was getting complacent. easy boss
>>
I really felt Aldritch was the most fun fight, the rest were all melee.
>>
>>339188280

firstly, dont tell lies

secondly, O&S was mechanically the best boss in DaS1, and they were the boss of the best and most memorable zone in the game, as well s having interesting lore elements that have lasted through 3 games

gundyr was a nothing boss in a nothing zone that no one gives a shit about
>>
Wow. Comparing the Dark Souls 3 favorite bosses poll to the Dark Souls 1 favorite bosses so far it's really interesting. Most votes in Dark Souls 1 are for O&S and Artorias. Compare that to the DaS3 bosses and votes were much more spread out.
>>
>more people think Moonlight Butterfly, Bed of Chaos, and 4Kings are the best boss fight than Quelaag
>>
>>339188518
>they were the boss of the best and most memorable zone in the game
I didn't like Anor Londo. It felt big, but not in a way that felt right.
>>
>>339188872

Anor Londo was lame, but quality isn't necessarily related to memorability. The Depths is one of the more complex maps in the game for example, but no one talks about it because it's dull as fuck.
>>
>>339188518
>I died a lot to a boss so that must mean the boss is hard and other people died a lot to this boss
>I didn't die to a boss so that must mean the boss is easy and other people didn't die to this boss

I played DaS1 after playing DaS2 and Bloodborne and found O&S to be really slow and predictable. But I guess since you found them to be hard I must be lying right?
>>
>>339188518
>Anor Londo is the best zone in DaS1

It's so fucking empty though. I really love how it looks but i'd only call it the best if there was some more of it
>>
All you faggots choosing Artorias and O&S over best girl Priscilla
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (70 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
70 KB, 1280x720
You know it to be true.
>>
>>339189457
If she was truly your waifu, you wouldn't have killed here, therefore she isn't a boss.
>>
>>339189516

Artorias is a bit too easy though once you know his moveset. I voted for Manus because he's just as fair as Artorias but harder, so you feel more accomplished (assuming no pendant usage).
>>
Oh don't I know it, brother.
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 400x400
I voted for Ravelord Nito just because he had some of the most unique move sets and the lore behind was better then others such as the witch of Izalith/Bed of Chaos. Granted I actually killed him on my first try with my Havel set and a +5 silver knight spear to kill the skeletons.
>>
quelaag is had the coolest looking attacks and the best walk in entrance
>>
>>339190084
my nigga
>>
File: image.png (542 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
image.png
542 KB, 600x900
Best boss and character in the entire series coming through
>>
Priscilla need more love as she was the most unique boss. And her area was memorable from the moment you get sacked in.
P.s she is the nameless king child.
>>
>>339192276
ayy nice headcannon
>>
File: Tree_Beast.png (471 KB, 776x361) Image search: [Google]
Tree_Beast.png
471 KB, 776x361
>>339192276
>She was the most unique boss
?
>>
>>339192276
I still think that Priscilla is the rape child between Seath and Gwynevere. Yorshka is inturn the child of Priscilla who has little to no memory of her past and she was adapted into the royal family by Gwyndolin which is why she refers to him as brother.
>>
>>339193079
>Pretty sure he meant a unique boss that was also a fun boss.
>>
>>339191048

I want to like him but I am not a fucking hunter of yharnam and I really wish From had taken this more to heart when making this fight.

It's all good and well giving a boss a seven hit combo he can spam back to back with minimal telegraphing or cooldown, the issue is the player needs to actually be able to survive more than two hits of it.

Which is fine if you have regain, or a ranged riposte, or blood vials. None of which the Ashen One actually has.

Compare it to the bosses that actually one and they are actually Dark Souls bosses, not ported directly from a fucking Platinum game to a world of slow ass knights that don't even have poise.
>>
>>339183284
Dark Souls 1 is kinda easily going to be O&S
>best fight
>best designs
>best music
its just really not fair
>>
Where's my other pinwheeler at?
>>
>>339193079
No she was a unfinished boss that they rushed to get the game out on time. So she can't count. Pit fall cheap trick. My ever lasting anger is raising again. Now that i think about it.
>>
File: Vlcsnap-2011-06-09-15h02m45s35.jpg (31 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
Vlcsnap-2011-06-09-15h02m45s35.jpg
31 KB, 720x540
>>339186109
I think he would have been better standing
>>
>>339184908

Thematically it's great but it's also just a well designed fight.

You are never expected to dodge flurries of combos, all the attacks are telegraphed quite fairly, etc. You can fuck up and die but it rarely feels cheap and unfair, and there isn't shit that you can just die to but never learn from (Aldrich arrow rain, Pontiff endless combos, etc.)

It's actually balanced around you, the Ashen One. You can take a methodical, calculated approach to it and beat it without spending the entire fight dodging like a retard.
>>
File: image.jpg (83 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83 KB, 500x250
>>339191048
Fucking this.

The series has a ton of tragic character and fallen heros. It's fantastic they dropped all of that for Sully has made him the most evil character they could.
>>
>>339193619
I'd debate Gwyn had a better theme than O&S.
>>
>>339190084
Nito and the funky bunch was my third favourite boss , but the most badass looking of all.

Like being a skeleton made out of other fucking skeletons , it doesn't get better than that
>>
>>339194002
Gwyn and Artorias have better music for sure.
>>
>>339194002
fair enough
>>339194153
>artorias
not so much
>>
>Artorias and OandS clearly leading
Zero surprise. Thats also correct.

DaS2 would offer a more interesting debate.
Tho i expect everyone to vote either Fume Knight, Alonne or Smelter. Iron King strong.
>>
>>339193974
I have got the ds3 yet wait for the complete edition again. Is he the devour boss ?
>>
>>339193706
I dunno. I personally like how he is originally much taller than you, but since he is crippled he is forced to be on his knees and that brings him down to eye level with the player character. I think that is a nice little touch.

>>339194153
>>339194263
Gwyn has the best track in the entire trilogy if you ask me.
>>
>>339194453
Dude, the Devourer is Sully's pet.
>>
Making Gwyn parryable was a mistake.

Otherwise he would get rated higher. Parrying just makes him a pushover with a great music track.
>>
For me it's a toss-up between all the DLC bosses.
>>
>>339194279
Mirror Knight might be up there too. Especially since its the closest thing you have to becoming old monk now .

favorite music for me is easily skeleton lords though. Its the only song that sounds like a DS1 song in Ds2
>>
>>339194812
I think Majula is the best track in DaS2, honestly. It's so comfy and relaxing.
>>
Seath might be my second favorite boss just because of the soundtrack. His fight is rather easy and the lore behind him shows that he's a weirdo but damn the music goes along great with his crazy scientist theme and the boss area.
>>
>>339194279
Ivory King would be a contender as well.
>>
>>339194894
if I didnt hear it so much I would probably agree
>>
>>339194812
>>339194894
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztPGThfD_GY

Yuka Kitamura is a god
>>
>>339184908
the teleporting is a really fun mechanic

none of the attacks are unfair, you never feel frustrated

music is really good
>>
>>339194279
Even though i hate ds2 i'd say that smelter , veldstad or darklurker
>>
>>339195040
this is good, but its kind of premonition of all the bad music that will eventually show up is BB and Ds3. I'm just sick of all the shouting shit.
>>
File: 14534479713350.jpg (77 KB, 604x604) Image search: [Google]
14534479713350.jpg
77 KB, 604x604
>>339186109
>meanwhile people called Lothric bad guy and main antagonist
>>
>Artorias walking it

This pleases me.
>>
>>339194812
Looking Glass Knight can summon other players as the dude that breaks out of his shield? Wow, I actually didn't know that

Well that was already pretty much my favourite boss in that game and it's absolutely the best looking one, that's just the cherry on top
>>
File: image.png (730 KB, 1200x557) Image search: [Google]
image.png
730 KB, 1200x557
>>339193974
>>339191048
He's fucking nigger tier. He took the descendant of a goddes with greatest rack in existence and turned her into a monster with a bearly redeemable ass.
>>
>>339195410
It's a pretty interesting mechanic.
Never had the luck to get summoned by him.

Maybe i should try that.
>>
wheres the love for 4kids

literally no better example of proper use of dark souls mechanics in a boss
>>
>>339195040
Can't argue with that. Yuka is by far my favorite composer at the moment without a doubt. I don't think he composed a bad song for Dark Souls 3
>>
Went with Artorias, but Sif, Ornstein & Smough, and Kalameet are good shouts too for me.

I also think Twin Princes are the best boss From has ever made. Yes I played BB and Ludwig is second
>>
>>339190084

I thought he was one of the most disappointing. You're expecting a spooky badass and then the ony challenge is dealing with his skelemans (complete joke if you use a divine weapon and stay in one area)
>>
>>339195541
>he
>>
>>339195410
Ya its pretty great. they really should have brought it back in ds3 by having the lord of cinder summon players. I dont know how well it will work in ds2 since the player base might be really small now.
>>
>>339195637
>she* My bad.
>>
>>339195572
Yeah. Nito has a pretty interesting story and a cool design but the fight wasn't well designed.

His decease cloud shouldn't effect the skeletons atleast.
>>
>>339195721
>Aldrich can summon his Faithful to protect him during the fight

Some gimmicks like that would be nice
>>
>>339195330
Y'know. When you think about it there never really is an "Antagonist" in any of the souls games (Minus DaS2). That's actually pretty rad.
>>
>>339195572
I did kill Nito at a very late period in the game. He was the last of the four bosses I needed to satiate the lordvessel.
>>
>>339196026
Sully seemed like like an antagonist to me
>>
File: stabby.gif (1 MB, 300x159) Image search: [Google]
stabby.gif
1 MB, 300x159
>manus not winning
I hate all of you
>>
>>339195874
>"an Aldrich faithful has joined to aid Aldrich"
>some fag in full Havel's set with a dark sword
>"an Aldrich faithful has joined to ai Aldrich"
>some magefag 1shots you while you're dodging Aldrich's arrows

ya no
>>
>>339196118
Well yeah HE was but I'm talking about a MAIN antagonist. DaS1 and DaS3 didn't have a main villain. There were evil characters, sure, but it's not like there was a main villain. If that makes sense.
>>
>Abyss Watchers
>above DragonSlayer Armour and Dancer

you guys are dumb and wrong
>>
>>339196427
abyss watchers is an amazing fight. the music combined with that madman fighting his own brothers, and the last one with the cinder powers is just too good
>>
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 500x500
>>339195424
>Made the gods his bitch

Based as fuck.
>>
>>339196590
It was an easy fight, but an epic fight.
>>
>>339196615
>gods
he invaded anor londo when the only god alive was a weak tranny
>>
>>339196219
Yeah, you've got a point. DS3 pvp is kinda shitty and the boss right now wouldn't really mesh well with another threat. I just really like the bosses that can summon other players
>>
>>339196615
That's pure malice. He turned one the most beautiful beings in existence into a monster. I have no problems of him feeding some tranny to a cannibal but destroying such beauty is unforgivable.
>>
File: 1464310769074.png (212 KB, 800x561) Image search: [Google]
1464310769074.png
212 KB, 800x561
>feel myself like complete asshole during the twins` fight
>barely undertsnad why I should kill them for my End of Fire ending
>read descriptions of twins` ashes, armor, souls
>feelsbadman
>check the internet
>all this hate, because "lol, cowardly teen bitch" and some amount of fujoshit`s "love"

I miss those times when collectively praised Astraea or Sif.
>>
File: Gwyn.jpg (70 KB, 500x269) Image search: [Google]
Gwyn.jpg
70 KB, 500x269
I'm a little annoyed that Gwyn isn't being rated better.

He's pretty much the perfect final boss gameplay wise. He acts as the final test of if you've learned how the game works. He tests your ability to use terrain to your advantage (using the pillars to get a quick sippy), your ability to read your opponents movement (if you can't figure out when he's going to grab you you're fucked), your ability to bring equipment according to the enemy (aka stacking fire resistance), and if you've learned to parry for extra credit. Not to meantion he's roughly the same size as the player when every other boss is at least twice the size.

And for lore and flavor he's fantastic too. He's given everything he can to try and better the world and is now merely a shell of who he once was. And that fantastic somber music for the fight just sets the scene perfectly.
>>
>>339197239
>He acts as the final test of if you've learned to parry

is literally all you needed
>>
>>339197480
If you couldn't parry him the fight would be much better, probably one of the hardest.
It just trivializes him too much.
>>
I figured it would be between the hardest boss duo (O&S), the tear jerker (Sif) and the most fun sword 1v1 (Artorias)
>>
>>339197239
>>339197480
Well yeah. Parry is like the ''i got good'' part of the game.

Too bad it ruins Gwyn because he dies far too fast by this making the final encounter feel not important at all.

DS2 did it better with its gimmick - The invincibility rolls. If you can't roll you can't win.
>>
>>339196808
He's still far more successful than any other character in the series except arguably the player character.

>>339196972
He turned a member of the royal family of Gods into his bitch. It's not malice but a show of power.
>>
>>339193421
His moves are telegraphed and all easily dodgeable.

You sound autistic btw
>>
>>339197843
he kidnapped her. lowly gang members in brazil kidnap people, that doesn't make them powerful
>>
>>339197239
He's a Cuck
>Oldest son ran away because "muh dragons" probably a scalie
>Daughter got raped
>Raised youngest son as a tranny
>Imprsioned his old friend for seeking justice for his daughter
>>
>>339198096
>2/4 pure headcanon
>>
>>339197239
Dont forget he has the best theme in the game.
>>
>>339198049
It would if they kidnapped a descendant of the royal family of the city they just took over and started using her as a weapon.
>>
>>339193421
Just throw on good armor and a good shield and block his attacks. He's not that hard.
>>
>>339188518
>gundyr was a nothing boss in a nothing zone that no one gives a shit about
Actually, the untended graves and gundyr are the only things in the game (along with some subtle dialogue from the handmaiden) that depict the actual time of the game, and that the hub firelink shrine is actually in the distant past/future. So I'd say it is pretty important.
Gundyr is the only soulsborne boss I've experienced that has such a unique rhythm to attack patterns also, which is why it is enjoyable.
>>
>>339193079
If they made the pit underneath her a place you could come back from the boss would have been 10000000x better. Stick a few chaos eaters down there for the sake of it and a branch leading back up and boom. Instantly less shit boss.
>>
Dragonslayer Armour was pretty badass.
>>
Is there a game with better bosses than DaS3? Serious question.
>>
File: CiMbqbmUgAEV3B9.jpg (56 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
CiMbqbmUgAEV3B9.jpg
56 KB, 600x600
>>339199976
Old Hunters.
Design-wise DS1 and BB>DS3, because DS3 fall into dudes with swords meme too deep.
>>
>>339199976
Serious answer Bloodborne. Twin Prince come close but nothing has yet to even scratch Old Hunters.
I'm guessing the DS3 DLC will though.
>>
>>339200181
>>339200318
>is there a game?
>answers with a DLC pack

lads.
>>
>>339200318
Is the dlc really that good? Vanilla bb was awful
>>
>>339199976
If better = Gameplay
DS3 and Bloodborne overall delivered the best bosses.

Dark Souls 2 gets a honorable mention for decent fights like Fume Knight or Alonne and Mr. Mirror for his nice gimmick.

DaS1 has good designs but plenty of fights are lacklusters.
>Nito is a jobber
>Seath jobs even harder
>Four Kings is a pure DPS test
>Gwyn being a parry bag
>Gaping Dragons fight is fucking awful
>>
>>339200397
>Games are just DLC diwloeaded into a CD
>lads

Yes?
>>
>>339200181
Why won't From add the plume to Ornsteins armor already! If it's suppose to be his hair then why does the empty husk of his armor have it.
>>
>>339200606
Ain't fair to compare a vanilla game with the complete edition
>>
>>339191048
Every day I wake up and think to myself how I could be more like the Pontiff.
>>
>>339200397
Well, I think vanilla that BB and DS3 is toe to toe.
BB started amazingly, but late-game bosses were mostly weak.
DS3 has weak start (and all those damn gimmick-fights), but late-game is the blast.

I can give to BB some points for design of bosses, but DS3 fights were more emotional.
>>
>>339199976
Maybe muramasa on normal difficulty for momohime and rajyaki.

Monster hunter is like ds bosses but longer so that's pretty good
I also like most ds1 bosses more, but figured you wanted a different answer
>>
File: probably female I think.jpg (97 KB, 637x960) Image search: [Google]
probably female I think.jpg
97 KB, 637x960
Even though I never finished the game I voted Priscilla because she's a QT.
>>
>>339200889
I love fighting the Twin Princes but I always feel bad killing them. ;-; They did nothing wrong
>>
>>339200457
If you think Vanilla BB is awful, then no it's not for you.
>>
>>339201235
Because they literally did nothing.
>>
File: CWdiDJeVEAEugJT.jpg large.jpg (32 KB, 715x400) Image search: [Google]
CWdiDJeVEAEugJT.jpg large.jpg
32 KB, 715x400
>Taurus Demon
>Asylum Demon and his reskins
>Ceaseless Discharge
>Bed of Chaos
>Centipede Demon
>Gaping Dragon
>Pinwheel
>Moonlight Butterfly

Dark Souls really had a lot of shitty bosses.
If not for the DLC being so good the good-bad ratio would be terrifying.
>>
>>339201368
the ratio is 3-19
>>
File: 1464045295847.jpg (238 KB, 985x554) Image search: [Google]
1464045295847.jpg
238 KB, 985x554
>>339201368
Hey, not all bosses should have Orphan of Kos level of asspain.
I kinda miss simple, but atmospheric fights like Moonlight Butterfly and Gaping Dragon
>>
>>339201779
10 Bosses are completely shit
13 Bosses are flawed/average
3 Bosses are good

Sounds right.
>>
>>339201886
Visuals and OST can save some battles from being complete desasters but playing Gaping Dragon will always be boring just like fighting the Ancient Dragon in DS2 will always be boring.
>>
>>339183284
I'm stunned Twin Princes won that. I didn't like them that much at all. Champion is a little surprising too since he's just a stronger version of the first boss. The rest are pretty great though.
>>
>>339201368
What was so bad about the Centipede demon? Is the fact that you fight on lava and only get the item needed to traverse lava after killing him.
>>
>>339202091
I don't think you understand the Champion. He's so well received because he is a pure test of the players skill.
>>
>>339195424
>Gywnevere is the dancer

??????
I know she's Lothric's mom though
>>
>artorias then O&S

Good taste /v/
>>
>>339202737
>because he is a pure test of the players skill.

lmao but he was so ez
>>
>>339202923
Wow man. You must be a fucking god. Have my children, faggot.
>>
>>339202752
The dancer is most likely Gwyneveres descendant. She is confirmed to be a direct descendant of Gwyns family and she's probably from Gwyneveres side since Gwyndolin was a trap and the eldest son was off fucking with dragons. which might explain Priscilla
>>
>>339183284
>No love for Priscilla
;_;
>>
Who /Sanctuary guardian/ here?
>>
>>339195330

Sully and Aldrich are the main antagonists of 3.
>>
File: 1464300859332.png (238 KB, 595x634) Image search: [Google]
1464300859332.png
238 KB, 595x634
>>339203663
i`m not even shure about Aldrich, since he is just exotic Sully`s pet.
>>
>>339203663
I feel Sullyvahn > Aldritch in terms of evilness, Aldritch was just a hungry dude
>>
>>339201368
Dark Souls 1 has some really awful bosses.

They really should have just focused on making the game a little bit shorter and cut out some of that travesty that is post-lordvessel
>>
>>339183914
The Champ was the most fun straight up 1v1 fight but Lorian and Lothric had the perfect build up, music, atmosphere, etc.
>>
>>339184908
It's kind of un-Souls Like.

The difficulty is nothing special (But can be challenging at first before you understand all the teleporting mechanics and such), but every other aspect of it is really top notch. It could have stood as the games final boss since the entire story was leading up to Lothric, the lore behind them is great and they were arguably right, their midfight cutscene is hype as fuck, the music is the best in the game, and if you have Orbeck with you then it can be a fun melee + mage vs melee + mage fight
>>
File: w.png (939 KB, 900x1300) Image search: [Google]
w.png
939 KB, 900x1300
Not shitting on the Champ because he was one of my favorite bosses too, but why do you guys like him so much?
>>
>>339204808
Because his shoulder bash and kick attacks are cool af
>>
>>339204808
He felt kind of like Artorias.

It's just a straight up one on one, all about skill. It feels like at any given moment he can give your ass a shoulder tackle and roundhouse kick and his halberd moveset makes for fun fight too

Plus he'll absolutely shit on that weeb sword master whenever you summon him within what feels like seconds
>>
>>339204808
His attacks flow together so well. He feels like he is a giant brute with the elegance of the Dancer. I also love the fast paced second phase and how the lower the champ gets the faster he gets and the more relentless he is. He was one of those fights you didn't expect to love because he was literally an earlier boss, but From nailed this rematch so well.
>>
File: lothric.png (1 MB, 888x854) Image search: [Google]
lothric.png
1 MB, 888x854
>>
>>339204501
Honestly, there are many bosses with mediocre or low difficulty, but great lore (Gwyn, Lady Maria, Vendrick, Sif, etc).

But twins` lore is really "un-Souls" (like Pope Sully, who is the first From`s true villain without redeeming qualities). Well, Lorian is pretty much typical From`s fallen knight character, who protected his bro (Alonne, Velstadt, Raime, etc), but Lothric is quite interesting.
He is very unlikable for pitiful bossfight. He shit-talked to MC, acted like spoiled teen and has very morally grey behaviour. Somehow, his story is truly unfortunate.
>>
>>339183284
I voted for Soul of Cinder. It's the perfect final Dark Souls boss IMO.
>>
>>339205746
What's the problem? Brothers who fall in love decide to lock themselves in their castle and wait for the flame to fade instead of dying
>>
File: Here to FUCK SHIT UP.jpg (80 KB, 708x772) Image search: [Google]
Here to FUCK SHIT UP.jpg
80 KB, 708x772
>>339191048
Sully did nothing wrong.
>>
So what the fuck was the Dragonslayer Armor again?
>>
File: dark souls 1 best boss.jpg (811 KB, 1002x940) Image search: [Google]
dark souls 1 best boss.jpg
811 KB, 1002x940
Best Dark Souls 1 boss coming through.
>>
O&S is shit
>>
>>339191048
Easy as fuck
You roll diagonally and he keeps attacking thin air like a retard
>>
>>339206342
Best dragon bossfight in the entire series, but lackluster on the lore department amd his theme is forgettable.
>>
>>339206251
Basically a puppet from what I gathered.
>>
Pontiff and Dancer are definitely better than Abyss Watchers.
>>
File: 5a9eee9099c53a121def77bfbbcd805c.jpg (298 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
5a9eee9099c53a121def77bfbbcd805c.jpg
298 KB, 1920x1080
>no Yhorm the Giant
The fight itself was meme-tier but goddamn is it memorable if you bring Siegward along.
>>
>>339206251
>http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Sacred+Oath

>Miracle of those chosen by the Sunlight covenant.

>Temporarily boosts attack and damage absorption for self and those in vicinity.

>This is the tale of the Sun's firstborn, his faithful first knight, and the brave dragonslayer who served them both.

Firstborn = Nameless King, encountered in archdragon peak

Faithful Knight = Ornstein, dead on archdragon peak

Brave Dragonslayer = Dragonslayer who you don't actually see in game, you only find his armour being controlled by those weird butterfly things

I can imagine that this won't be the last we see of this mysterious dragonslayer in dark souls 3...
>>
>>339183284
my vote's for the Iron Golem, because the Golem Axe is the best.
>>
File: 1453179903130.jpg (73 KB, 644x850) Image search: [Google]
1453179903130.jpg
73 KB, 644x850
>>339183284
>people actually liked 4 kings
>>
>>339206743
>and the brave dragonslayer who served them both
I'm pretty sure that's Ornstein it's talking about.
>>
File: hawkeye-gough.jpg (67 KB, 300x363) Image search: [Google]
hawkeye-gough.jpg
67 KB, 300x363
>>339206594
He is called Kalameet.
A ferocious dragon indeed, even mighty Anor Londo dared not provoke his ire.
This alone is enough for me to love him.
>>
File: 1460591875778.jpg (55 KB, 480x720) Image search: [Google]
1460591875778.jpg
55 KB, 480x720
>>339188005
>they haven't aged well
The game is only 5 years old you dumb fuck
>>
>>339206251
The Nameless King's old armor from back when he was demolishing dragon assholes during the War of Fire. It's being possessed by the Pilgrim butterflies and controlled to fight you in an attempt to stop you from entering the Grand Archives.
>>
>>339206342
Is he hard? I don't know because I was SL 100 so I took like no damage and I cheesed him with the Greatshield of Artorias
>>
>>339206910
Yeah but the other top bosses have paragraphs f lore compared to Kappameet's fre sentences.
>>
File: aldrich caterpillar2.jpg (219 KB, 1047x722) Image search: [Google]
aldrich caterpillar2.jpg
219 KB, 1047x722
Aldrich will always be my favorite because of how much trapfag butthurt he gave us on day 1.
>>
>>339206717
Even without Siegward I really enjoyed Yhorm

It was an easy gimmick fight, but charging up the Storm Ruler to bring him to his knees then using a riposte as his great theme played was really fun
>>
Who were the scholars that convinced prince Lothric to abandon his duty to link the fire? People say it's Sully, others say it could be Aldia.
>>
>>339207123
My only complaint is that Yhorm should have been one of the fucking massive giants in the Cathedral and Dungeon, then you'd take him down with the Storm Ruler and riposte parts of his body to bring him down. Just make it a straight-up SotC fight instead of what we got.

Basically Dragon God, but good this time.
>>
>>339202737
He's just got an expanded version of Iudex's first move set and he's more aggressive. I didn't think he was that interesting. He had some cool moves but he wasn't that great or that challenging compared to the Prince's and Nameless King or Soul of Cinder.
>>
>>339207139
That's pretty much it. Either Sully or Aldia, but probably Aldia since Soul Stream (originally Soul Geyser) was his spell and is said to be the First Scholar's spell as well.
>>
File: hawkeye.png (2 MB, 750x1125) Image search: [Google]
hawkeye.png
2 MB, 750x1125
>>339207112
…Thou will understand, one day.
>>
>>339207437
>his carvings are around to this day
What were they fucking made of?
>>
>>339207380
>or that challenging compared to the Prince's and Nameless King or Soul of Cinder

Gundyr was much more difficult than Princes and SOC

And the Nameless King is O&S tier meme difficulty, the only hard part about his fight is the camera in phase 1. In phase two all of his attacks are hilariously telegraphed compared to how fucking fast Gundyr gets in his phase 2
>>
>>339207517
Item Descs say Archtree lumber.
>>
>>339207121
I wish I could have been there, that sounds hilarious.

I always miss out on day 1 fun since I like to play the game before reading up on it
>>
>>339205523
DO NOT SEXUALIZE THE BROTHERS
>>
File: CjT2YDTUoAEZpOB.jpg large.jpg (32 KB, 478x449) Image search: [Google]
CjT2YDTUoAEZpOB.jpg large.jpg
32 KB, 478x449
>>339207139
>Who were the scholars that convinced prince Lothric to abandon his duty to link the fire?

DLC
L
C

Also:
>did fucking everything for created Lord of Cinder
>not brainwashing him, that his true destiny is being fuel for fire
>hire mentor, who told Lothric, that linking is bad idea

Lothric`s bloodline is stupid af.
>>
>>339206857
No, his faithful first knight is ornstein.

The dragonslayer is underneath ornstein.
>>
File: Hawkeye_Gough_-_Carving.jpg (510 KB, 1000x662) Image search: [Google]
Hawkeye_Gough_-_Carving.jpg
510 KB, 1000x662
>>339207517
Now, do not mistake my words.
I cherish my work. Wood carving is a nuanced art.
I guess I'm just too damn good at what i do.
>>
Why was Lorian such a god tier brother?
>>
>>339207794
Oh, I can kinda see that now. I thought it was talking about the NK as the faithful first knight, not that the faithful first knight as separate to Gwyn or NK.

That makes sense too I guess. Maybe it's the Old Dragonslayer from DaS2, just corrupted even further by the Abyss and being puppeted by the butterflies.
>>
File: Ch6us63VIAA-ocv.jpg large.jpg (38 KB, 500x477) Image search: [Google]
Ch6us63VIAA-ocv.jpg large.jpg
38 KB, 500x477
>>339207978
>sacrificed himself for dude, who will become firewood or cancer-victim anyway
Not the most clever, tho.
>>
>>339207559
Gundyr's are moves extremely predictable if you've seen them once. The kick and shoulder tackle are tricky but everything else is super easy to avoid if your not so trying to ass fuck during the fight and he doesn't even really do much damage unless you take a full combo.Really if you know how to dodge and not be right on his ass the whole fight he's isn't very hard.
>>
File: 1460135823572.png (159 KB, 289x289) Image search: [Google]
1460135823572.png
159 KB, 289x289
>>339207978
>helped Yhorm put out the fucking Chaos Flame and slay all the demons
>personally killed the demon prince
>took his faggot little brother's curse
>gave him free piggyback rides
>fused his soul together with his
>decided to stay by his side and let the world slip into darkness after everyone else had already fled or gone hollow
>>
>>339208475

It was never mentioned in game. But would be cool.
>>
File: 1461254127256.png (883 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1461254127256.png
883 KB, 1600x1200
>>339208297
>>339207709
more kawaii
>>
>>339208475
>slaying all the demons
those guys are pretty cool though. World would be more interesting if it was taken over by demons. Would be even cooler if there was a demon with enough morality to become a lord of cinder
>>
File: Ci3BbgPWgAAvDm6.jpg large.jpg (74 KB, 835x835) Image search: [Google]
Ci3BbgPWgAAvDm6.jpg large.jpg
74 KB, 835x835
>>339208856
You provoking me to image dump.
>>
>>339183284
I actually completely agree with that listing.

Those are easily the 5 best bosses in DS3
>>
File: Ci-X72IVAAEjmnU.jpg large.jpg (62 KB, 550x616) Image search: [Google]
Ci-X72IVAAEjmnU.jpg large.jpg
62 KB, 550x616
>>339208856
>>
>>339209271
More like the only bosses that aren't garbage.
The DLC will have a lot of work to get his game even close to BB and SotFS.
>>
File: Ci8VBQYUoAA33CB.jpg large.jpg (46 KB, 600x550) Image search: [Google]
Ci8VBQYUoAA33CB.jpg large.jpg
46 KB, 600x550
>>339209610
>>
File: 56978742_p0_master1200.jpg (444 KB, 1181x1181) Image search: [Google]
56978742_p0_master1200.jpg
444 KB, 1181x1181
>>339209783
>>
>>339208475
literally headcannon the post
>>
>>339209684
>get this game even close to BB and Scholar of the First Sin
Phew. Guys! It's okay! It's just a bait! He said SotFS was better than Dark Souls 3 in terms of bosses! It's a bait guys! We can go home now!
>>
File: Ch7DcmIVEAE4fH8.png large.png (219 KB, 600x612) Image search: [Google]
Ch7DcmIVEAE4fH8.png large.png
219 KB, 600x612
>>339209909
>>
File: 1462669821563.png (406 KB, 635x457) Image search: [Google]
1462669821563.png
406 KB, 635x457
>>339204068
>>339204071

Aldrich isn't just a mindless blob. He's knows exactly what he's doing. His plan all along has been to devour the gods themselves. Not to mention he loved eating people so much he made a couple of rings to share the joy with his followers. Aldrich is a fucking bastard.
>>
>>339183284
>http://www.strawpoll.me/10335629
Y'know, we all love Dark Souls 1, but looking at that list, there are so many mediocre bosses.

Not bad or anything, just nothing particularly interesting about them.

In fact, /almost/ all the best bosses are in the DLC.
>>
File: ChrPTnbUgAEaZ98.jpg large.jpg (47 KB, 560x510) Image search: [Google]
ChrPTnbUgAEaZ98.jpg large.jpg
47 KB, 560x510
>>339210203
>>
>>339210203
>>339209909
>>339209783
>>339209610
>>339209127
You need to stop. You're making me care even more about these two than I already did. If you keep going I'll start tearing up when I kill them. ;-;
>>
>>339204808
Constant pressure. He has very few openings, and often when you think he's open he's got a kick or shoulder barge to defend.

At the same time, he's not unfair, he just punishes you for every mistake.
>>
File: 20160523202234_1.jpg (412 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160523202234_1.jpg
412 KB, 1920x1080
I'm not the only one who extremely enjoyed the second Gundyr fight right?

I mean its literally a rehash of the game's first boss minus phase 2 but 3 times as agressive, yet its still probably my favorite encounter in the series, gameplay-wise. My final attempt was nonstop action and tense as fuck, it was so satisfying.
>>
File: tumblr_o3j5lpSKoM1rjg64yo1_540.jpg (59 KB, 540x405) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o3j5lpSKoM1rjg64yo1_540.jpg
59 KB, 540x405
I think Capra demon was my favorite boss.
I know he ends up just being a normal enemy later on in the demon ruins but that's partly why I think he's so cool.
In the context of being a low level scrub he's this huge menacing beast but later you fight like 3 of him at once.
Same goes for Taurus demon but he's not as cool, and Capra demon wields my favorite weapon in DS
>>
File: 1464399911776.webm (3 MB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
1464399911776.webm
3 MB, 852x480
Champ should have won.
>>
>>339211039
He's literally number 2 favourite boss on OPs poll up there.
>>
>>339211185
Oh man that fucking combo makes me cum it's so bad ass. He scoops you into the air with the handle of the Halberd and then kicks you when you're falling down. By far the coolest combonation of attacks ever.
>>
>>339211248
oops

yeah haven't read these threads in a while, neither did I look at the poll
>>
Is there any reason why Yorskha exists?
>>
>>339211372
Daughter of Priscilla who was adopted by Gwyndolin
>>
>>339197239
He was a gimmick fight, with the gimmick being that you would know how to press a button that has almost half a second leeway time without fucking up.

The fight was great from a lore/build up standpoint, but mechanically it was mediocre.
>>
>>339195510
This guy knows his shit, The 4 Kings are goddamn fun.
>>
File: Ci44mJyUoAEVLIq.jpg large.jpg (197 KB, 1024x1446) Image search: [Google]
Ci44mJyUoAEVLIq.jpg large.jpg
197 KB, 1024x1446
>>339210772
Well, during the fight Lorian is already retarded cripple and Lothric almost died from his aids. You can headcanon, that you put them out of their misery instead of brutally killed before Lothric`s eyes the only person, who take care of him, and then beheaded younger bro.
>>
This ones gonna be a lot less interesting. Without looking I can already tell you that everyone is just gonna vote for O&S and artorias.
>>
>>339211185
You can see the champ timing that kick too after he knocks you up. So savage.

Champ is my favorite fight for that reason. He's like a more savage Dancer
>>
>>339183284
>>5. Abyss Watchers (36 Votes, 10%)
I can totally understand people who haven't played BB liking this boss, but man after playing it the second/real phase of AW just felt like a lame version of Maria. Maria-lite.
First phase is a fun gimmick.

Dancer deserves to be in the top 5.
>>
File: image.jpg (457 KB, 1800x1416) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
457 KB, 1800x1416
>>339210271
He's just trying to turn Dark Souls 3 into Bloodborne because he knows it's a better game.
>>
>>339211185
I don't know why people like the champ. He's hard but I didn't find him that fun. About on par with the dancer.

In terms of quality the top 5 have gotta be nameless King, soul of cinder, princes, abyss watchers and pontiff.
>>
>>339212358
I thought of this too but everyone called me a retard
>>
File: 1340.jpg (687 KB, 800x1130) Image search: [Google]
1340.jpg
687 KB, 800x1130
>>339211952
People vote for AW, because Arty`s popularity.
I still don`t understand, why From ruined cool fight again by backstab/parry bullshit
>>
>>339211107
I think that's a nice concept but it's very poorly executed because the whole thing that makes Capra hard in the first place is the dogs and the cramped room.

Plus, when you fight them later on you've got infinitely better equipment - it's not like it's a test of how much better you've gotten.
>>
>>339213449
You could just... not parry or backstab?
>>
>>339212851
It's mostly one of Dark Souls 3's many callbacks rather than a connection between the two games.
>>
>>339183284
Why do we do that if we know artorias and O&S take all votes?
>>
>>339213602
I love how people like this are so casul they actually can't fight these types of bosses or consider a strategy not involving parry cheese
>Gwyn sucks cuz you can parry him
>Maria sucks cuz you can parry her
like just don't maybe?
>>
>>339189419
The painting roofs and the archers are probably the most memorable areas in the game, sans the lake.
>>
>>339212851
it's just more fanservice like the design of gundyr being inspired by and referencing DeS's Doran rather than any lore or cannon.
>>
>>339196972
Which God?
>>
>>339197139
It's funny because those two bosses are ass so shitting on them is fair, but the princes are really sad.
Kinda hard to feel sad about Lorian when you see how fucked the king and the ruins were, the demons seemed to be just chilling.
>>
>>339213893
Yeah I think so too, but the issue is that those sections are over in a minute or so each
>>
>>339188640
Compare the total number of votes too.
Thread replies: 235
Thread images: 48

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.