[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone on /v/ hype for Tyranny? I thought Pillar of Eternity
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: tyranny.png (731 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
tyranny.png
731 KB, 800x450
Anyone on /v/ hype for Tyranny?

I thought Pillar of Eternity was a well made game with great gameplay, but the setting/writing was a little generic and dry. This however seems to have similar gameplay, but a much more interesting setting/set-up. The idea of playing as the villain seems really fun.
>>
>>339178080
I am, also poe 2 is already in the works
tyranny will be a fine little game to enjoy between torment tides of numenera and waiting for poe 2
fuck rpg codex
>>
>>339178357
>fuck rpg codex
Are they not fans I'm guessing?

Also, from the hints Sawyer has been giving PoE 2 is going to have a bayou/swamp theme. So it might be a bit more exciting than the fairly standard Euro countryside.
>>
>>339178484
I'm pretty sure it's been confirmed it's gonna be in the nigger isles, which is fine by me because that was the area I wanted to visit the most other than maybe Readceras.
>>
>I'm pretty sure it's been confirmed it's gonna be in the nigger isles
yes and i'm ok with this but would rether explore the living lands
oh well, maybe in poe 3
>>
>>339178080
yup. Hoping for good choice&cosequence, too, which PoE lacked a bit
>>
>>339179002
It's also confirmed that the game will have sailing (well, obviously, you have to travel between the isles)

Maybe you'll get to travel to another place too, although I don't recall off-hand how far away the Living Lands are from the Vailian Republic.
>>
>>339179372
That's definitely what they're aiming for this time around. It's why the game will only be 8 to 20 hours long, as opposed to PoE
>>
>>339178484
>Are they not fans I'm guessing?
Not exactly, the guy who wrote the test went on some rant but still gave it a very good score, he just seems to have some autistic fans who parrot his grievances.
Oh yeah, and it was pretty buggy in the beginning, and they constantly reworked the balance, no denying that. So if you can only enjoy a game if you can exploit it like hell, tough tatas.
>>
>>339179439
>Maybe you'll get to travel to another place too, although I don't recall off-hand how far away the Living Lands are from the Vailian Republic.
far away, the main problem would be to present constantly changing living lands by using pre-rendered backgrounds but who knows I'm no expert
man i'm just glad games like this are still being made even if they're not as good as the classics
>>
>>339178080
I'm not a fan of the shit they said about combat so far, mainly the combos. It's just this dissonance in the atmosphere of the game really puts me off.

>here, player, have a dark setting with morally grey situations where you have to make important, large scale decisions that will affect the lives of thousands
>now do a friendship combo with your companion by tossing him up in the air so he can fire 20 flaming arrows

I just simply don't understand what the fuck are they going for.
>>
File: b8ycgciixgmdbuwfcxyf.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
b8ycgciixgmdbuwfcxyf.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>339181461
>now do a friendship combo with your companion by tossing him up in the air so he can fire 20 flaming arrows
this, even the game art direction is rather dark
oh well, i guess compromise must be found since paradox will be publishing it
>>
File: herp.jpg (313 KB, 601x700) Image search: [Google]
herp.jpg
313 KB, 601x700
>>339178484
>Are they not fans I'm guessing?
There are some posters who have a hateboner for that game. But do they hate it in general?Not as much as some would have you believe.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.