[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's going to be good, right... right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
It's going to be good, right... right?
>>
Yeah, they had A team working on Nier while B team did TMNT
>>
>trusting platinum after their last four games flopped.

Lol.
>>
>>339177110

>The setting looks interesting
>The combat looks fluid
>The music sounds good

Yeah there are high chances of it being good.

But actually, >>339177516
I'm pretty sure they have their A team working on Scalebound, you know, that game that keeps getting delayed. While their B team, the MGSR team, is working on NieR.

It is their C team who do those licensed games like Korra, Transformers and TMNT.

At least Transformers was a decent~good game.
>>
>People will buy this because of THIGHS.
>>
>>339177854
Eh, TMNT isn't as bad as people make it out to be. Don't get me wrong, it's the quintessential 6/10 game, but people should wait to buy it.
>>
>>339177558
I count 2, SF0 and TMNT

Oh, were you including Transformers? Because it was the best game they ever made except POSSIBLY Bayo 1 (but that's debatable).

>>339177110
What we've seen of the combat and movement so far suggests that, at the very least, it will be amazing to play. Whether the Taro + Taura team will capture the world or narrative worth of Nier remains to be seen; for me, that's no dealbreaker but for Nier fans I could see that it would be important.
>>
>>339177854
Not how "teams" work at Platinum.

Kenji Saito programmed Bayonetta, and directed MGR and Transformers. Kamiya directed Bayo 1, W101 and Scalebound, but Hashimoto (who PRODUCED Bayo 1) directed Bayo 2.

Korra and TMNT were directed by Shirahama, who was a game design lead on Bayo 1.
>>
>>339178153
Not him, but Korra is also looked down upon, but I haven't played it, just going by the general consensus.
>>
>>339177110
Its Nier but with good gameplay

What do you think?
>>
>>339177558
>four games
what

Bayo 2 was good and Transformers was fun

Didn't play TMNT so I can't give any input to that
>>
>>339177110
I mean im buying it just for the blind qt her design is so good
>>
>>339177110
Music is already fantastic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILQm85KBpsc
>>
>>339177110
Story will probably be good
Even the worst Platinum could do would still be at least passable
I'm not worried
>>
No because it's not exclusive
>>
>>339177110
I want to wife her
>>
>>339178463
Korra was eh, but fairly good for its low price tag... But that's not the point.

The point is you can't establish a track record like that. "Their last 4 games were shit except the second of those 4 which was a total masterpiece" does not demonstrate a pattern of failure.
>>
>>339177110
It's one of those games that I'm not interested enough to be hyped about, so I probably won't be disappointed.
>>
>>339178578
Bayo 2 was okay (and isn't one of their last 4)
Korra was okay
Transformers was a masterpiece
SF0 was trash
TMNT was a fucking abortion
>>
NO
NO
NO

FUCKING NO

NO SONY EXCLUSITVES CAN BE GOOD
THEY'RE ALL FUCKING TRASH

HOW DARE YOU EVEN IMPLY GARBAGE LIKE PERSONA 5, THE LAST GUARDIAN OR NIER 2 CAN BE GOOD IN ANY WAY YOU FUCKING WEEB TRASH GARBAGE HUMAN BEING

DIE JUST FUCKING DIE SONYFUCKER
>>
>>339179087
Believe me, I wish NierA was getting a PC port as much as anyone (even if Platinum would fuck it up like they always do) but I still think it'll be a good game.
>>
>>339179501
Fuck it up?

MGR and Transformers were great ports.
>>
I loved Nier but I was disappointed by D3 so I'm not getting my hopes up.

I still want it to be good though.
>>
>>339179690
...no they weren't. They were barely passable.

Very few visual settings and other generally poor support for scalability (no >1080 resolution support, 60FPS cap, etc), though I'll give MGR points for supporting a user-set Zandatsu piece limit.

Fuck-awful super-bad mouse acceleration in both that cannot be disabled (not a MONSTROUS sin for MGR since you only occasionally aim, but given the reliance on shooting in TFD it made the game almost PAINFUL to play with KB/M or Steam Controller)
>>
>>339179032
>SF0
Wasn't most of that on Nintendo?
>TMNT was a fucking abortion
Whats wrong with this?
>>
>>339177516
B-but i liked tmnt...
>>
I don't see how Nier couldn't be good. The trailer makes it look like MGR2 in the best way.

I can't wait to play Girl Raiden vs. the Android Logo: the Game
>>
>>339181007
TMNT was just a terrible, terrible game.

First of all, an action game at 30FPS is a joke any time, but when Platinum's whole defense of why local co-op wasn't included was "it would have prevented us from maintaining 60FPS" it's an insult bordering on false advertising.

The combat system is literally shallower than the one in Korra, there's zero variety and almost no interesting mechanics, eschewing all of the main aspects of action game design in favor of emulating a modern MMO with nested sub-menu attacks moderated by big blinking cooldown timers.

What few interesting mechanics DO exist never shine because the AI cannot be disabled, meaning that the game essentially plays itself to such an extreme degree that doing ANYTHING other than "race to the encounter and mash the attack keys as fast as possible" is nothing more than a strategy for letting the AI have all the fun on your behalf. You basically cannot die, there's no rhythm to the fights, no room for style.

Gameplay is visually a clusterfuck, too, since there's always 3 AIs attacking, and the shitty framerate isn't helping that any.

Every level and boss appears twice, and all the missions are rehashes, so it also feels like DMC4's half-finished-game situation except without the pleasure of a new character to experience the reverse-rehash with.

Honestly, just completely fuck TMNT. That game was an embarrasment. First refund I ever applied for on Steam. I kept and replayed Korra, I kept and replayed DmC... And yes, I am saying that both of those games are leagues better than TMNT.

The ONLY reason to play it is being a die-hard TMNT fanboy, but even then I'd say that the game is a disappointment since it doesn't even have the charm of local co-op with your friends which is half the point of TMNT and its buddy-comic atmosphere.
>>
>>339177110

It's going to be a fucking trip like every Taro game, and that's why you should be there
>>
>>339177558

>Counting Z-team Activison-published licensed games
>>
>>339178463

Korra was a fantastic battle system trapped in a game with like five enemy types and no reason to bother switching styles on the fly
>>
>>339182180
It wasn't fantastic, but it had some interesting ideas.

The Just Charge attack power mechanics with the lingering Ki boost was clever.

The parry was okay but was soiled by the constant QTE elements it triggered, it felt like a lazy counterattack system.

I actually liked the variety in the 4 elements.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.