[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Find a flaw.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5
File: XBOX_ONE_Controller.png (1 MB, 1800x1368) Image search: [Google]
XBOX_ONE_Controller.png
1 MB, 1800x1368
Find a flaw.
>>
Xbox
>>
The console it's attached to.
>>
Dpad
>>
It's not a mouse.
>>
It exists.
>>
>>339177193
Dpad is still good, just not as good as PS4's
>>
Dpad and trigger placement
>>
>>339177919
>trigger placement

What the fuck are you talking about
>>
the bumpers
>>
>>339177062
no dedicated screenshot button, should have a dedicated button for switching apps when using snap, launched without a headphone port, uses AAs (although this can be remedied with Eneloops or the charge kit), bumpers are mediocre

Still a very solid controller
>>
>>339178076
Sorry shoulder buttons.
>>
>>339177062
Glossy bumpers.
>>
trigger/shoulder buttons are awkwardly placed
>>
>>339178315
Mods.

Next.
>>
>>339178101
>>339178194
I don't get this meme.

Are you annoyed that you can't press them down from the middle of the actual bumper, because that's not where your fingers should be in a neutral position, they should be near the edges, where it's fine to press.
>>
>>339178408
Not either of those people, but I've had three Xbone controllers in a row have the LB start sticking or not registering half the time after a month or so.
>>
>>339178408
They're positioned oddly in relation to the triggers.
>>
Do games these days still use the haptic triggers? It just seems like a gimmick people would ignore since PS4 is most likely lead platform for devs now.
>>
>>339178643
And this
>>
>>339177062
It's not a Duke.
>>
>>339178102
>uses AAs
Is this a bad thing? Lots of things already use AA's, so getting rechargeable AA's can cover a lot of bases.
>>
>>339178643
mine kind of has this issue. it will occasionally not register the left bumper, but more common when clicking it normally it will register it as a double click.

i have an original 1st generation controller though
>>
>>339178741
>Do games these days still use the haptic triggers?
Occasionally. They're really only useful in racing games.
>>
BLACK
L
A
C
K
>>
Micro usb cable and requiring Windows 10 for the wireless one
>>
Have you ever played a souls game with one of these things? The shoulders are too goddamn loud.
>>
File: controllers.jpg (80 KB, 736x736) Image search: [Google]
controllers.jpg
80 KB, 736x736
>>339177062
It's not the dusk shadow controller
>>
>>339177062
controller itself is amazing, use it with pc and there is no flaw
>>
>>339179436
Underrated post.

The Xbone controller's micro USB breaks hella easy. Seriously, I cannot recommend enough not buying this controller for PC, even though it's comfy as fuck, just because the micro USB sucks so damn much.
>>
File: 71i7JFRpGNL._SL1500_.jpg (80 KB, 1500x1168) Image search: [Google]
71i7JFRpGNL._SL1500_.jpg
80 KB, 1500x1168
I want this bad boy but it costs like 80 bucks.
I could buy a new video game with that kinda money.
>>
>>339179495
This.
I like playing action games on my Xbox controller, but I could never stand the LB/RB buttons.
It's why I liked Bloodborne and DSIII on PS4, cuz the R1, L1 aren't annoying like the Xbone
>>
>>339179495
I'm playing DS on Dualshock 2, kek.
>>
Breaks easily. I mean, triggers squeak and d-pad malfunctions.
>>
>>339177062
dpad position and left stick position. they should be switched.
>>
>>339180967

Really wish there was a pro version. Considering it's only $20 more at that point and is functionally better. Colors are nice but I'm not going to be looking at my controller when I play.
>>
not mechanical
>>
>>339179667
sure looks neat. too bad it's from such a shit console and overpriced as all hell.
>>
>>339177062
sticks are too loose (compared to 360)

sticks have these raised textured grips around them that are uncomfortable and feel like i put some mlg gam3r "get more frags with these!" scam product on my controller.

bumpers are absolute shit compared to 360. they don't wrap around as much and have a horrible sharp click to them. the 360 ones wrapped around more so you could easily jam them with the side of your finger without taking your fingers off the triggers.

>>339177357
ps4 doesn't have a dpad it has spongy arrow buttons.

where did the meme that sony has ever had a good dpad come from?
>>
>>339180967
I think white controllers look really cool but that golden d-pad along with it makes the whole thing look so preppy.
this is how a controller funded by Trump would look like.
>>
>>339182503
Is this what you're talking about?
The site says it's 150 bucks, goddamn.
Is it worth the amount cuz that's a lot of games I could buy instead?
>>
>>339177062
Worst sticks ever making the controller garbage no matter how good it's other features are. They are far too loose. I played 7 sensitivity halo 2 on xbox 360 and can only play 3 on mcc because it's impossible to make precise movement with such loose sticks.
>>
Chugs batteries and suffers the wandering stick after half a year's usage
>>
>>339178916
a good integrated lithium ion battery would be preferred (not like the dualshock 4's), but I did mention that it's mostly solved with 3rd party solutions. I use Eneloop Pros in my Xbone controllers.
>>
>>339177062
The Xbox it belongs to.
>>
>>339183616
No it would not be preferred
>>
>>339183763
Do people not scroll up to see this joke has been made 10 times already?

Literally fuck off.
>>
File: 1459564188841.jpg (148 KB, 500x843) Image search: [Google]
1459564188841.jpg
148 KB, 500x843
>>339183009

Yeah, I must have gotten it when it was on sale cause it was $100 for me. Even at $150 I still would have considered it a good purchase. As an idiort it is easily the best feeling and most customizable controller I ever used. The dual sticks, paddles and D pad are interchanable and the controller comes with the extra parts.

If you really want a deal just wait for the holidays where a lot of this stuff goes on sale. I would wait anyways considering there were talks about MS showing off newer versions of thier xbox controllers at E3.
>>
>>339177062
> crawl grip
Shiity face layout, really.
>>
>>339184637
nah the face layout is easily the best of any controller since the genesis, get absolutely fucked.
>>
It's so good I bought 10 of them
>>
>>339177357
>Dpad is still good
That would imply that is was good once.
To which you can only respond with hearty laughter.
>>
Cheap production quality. Earlier models in particular are incredibly cheap and prone to breaking without much use. Even newer models almost always have faults with them, but usually minor.
Common problems include...
Triggers squeaking/clicking and being sticky for no reason
Springs in the sticks can be worn out very easily
D-Pad is prone to breaking with minimal use
The Micro-USB port breaks very easily and often isn't properly aligned with the case (the entire circuit board normally isn't screwed in securely so it can be moved around a bit, resulting in a lot of problems with longevity of the controller and in some cases button presses not registering).

The controllers design is fine, but it's production quality is abysmally low.
>>
>>339186785
No the new ones with the audio jack fix all of these
>>
>>339187241

No they don't. I have a new one with an audio jack, one of the triggers squeaks like fuck, and the other is really sticky.

The controllers quality is just shit, they're made on a really low budget.
>>
the face buttons are kinda wobbly and make squeaky noises when the rumble activates if your finger is touching without pressing

aside from that, i don't have any complaints
>>
>>339186785
What's shitty about both ds4 and xbone pads is that they're wired using micro-usb, and micro-usb cables do not fucking stand the test of time when you put them through hours of controller hoisting action.
>>
bad for 2d platformers
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.