[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How's that game coming along? You ARE making a game, right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (13 KB, 194x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13 KB, 194x250
How's that game coming along? You ARE making a game, right?
>>
No I'm not, fuck off.
>>
File: Death Anim.webm (3 MB, 720x465) Image search: [Google]
Death Anim.webm
3 MB, 720x465
it's going ok
>>
Unhappy with existing engines

Too retarded to make my own engine

Procrastinating.
>>
File: Untitled1.png (3 KB, 345x313) Image search: [Google]
Untitled1.png
3 KB, 345x313
Programming cutscenes in Unity will be the death of me.

Is there some sort of free plugin that allows you to script/run commands on some kind of timeline?

I've been tempted to make my own but I'm not sure if making my own would really give me any time surplus in the long-run.
>>
File: 2.webm (1 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
2.webm
1 MB, 640x360
does this look okay
does this look interesting
does this look fun
>>
>>339179013
I remember this character sprite. Also why is it so slow?
>>
I can't find any good tutorials for a grid based RPG and everyone just says "use RPG Maker" even though the features are completely inadequate for my intentions and the only useful function is that it's grid based by default.
>>
>>339179186
I dunno. Seems to feel good in-game. He can sprint and roll too.
>>
>>339178582
http://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/animeditor-AnimationEvents.html

I haven't used them personally but I think you can fire up a bunch of scripts or directly modify values with these.
>>
>>339177658
spoopy please delete
>>
>>339179419
You got anything showing the sprinting and rolling? The movement speed is the only thing I'm not keen on.
>>
>>339179319
Tutorials for what? Grids? Should be countless.

An all-encompassing tutorial might be hard to find, but any given element you should be able to find relatively easy.
>>
>>339180552
>>339179319
Oh, and for the record you get things like message boxes, scripting, item handling and attack animations completely free with RPG Maker. If you're not using that shit I don't know what you're doing.
>>
>>339180458
Gimme a little.
>>
>>339177030
phaser.io
>>
File: skincolor and shoes 1.gif (155 KB, 442x330) Image search: [Google]
skincolor and shoes 1.gif
155 KB, 442x330
>>339177030

finished my skins and shoes customization options.

Now you can make your ooga booga machete rape gang in the game
>>
I work for Telltale games.

Our next game is going great.
>>
File: 1464294453195.jpg (349 KB, 1920x1104) Image search: [Google]
1464294453195.jpg
349 KB, 1920x1104
This week's progress (can also be seen at http://nacidev.tumblr.com/):

(from older to newer)

Decided to work on a bunch of smaller things that I’ve been meaning to work on but never did.

https://youtu.be/vDsJjw_4SIk

• added two triggers that trigger the day/night lighting transition.

• rocks now drop a gem instead of fish. gem has its own model too (one of several, hadn’t added it until now). also made the gem’s material today

• dropping an item from inventory uses the same dropping function as dropping a held item, which was annoying me a lot (before dropping from inv would drop the item behind the player)

• replaced the gross placeholder fruit icons with less awful but funnier placeholder icons

• changed the fresnel on fruits. i was using a gradient fresnel before, but a simpler fresnel actually looks a bit neater and more readable imo

• removed the awful time/date text and added a slightly prettier one (the sun icon actually changes into a moon when it’s nighttime irl! not shown in the video though)

https://youtu.be/WATs52YbRfI

Imported a few of the gem meshes, made materials for them and made a data table. When you destroy a rock now it has a chance of dropping any of the gems (using the same weighted random logic I used for fish - I knew it would be useful!)

Also imported a couple placeholder rock meshes (untextured right now) and made it so when rocks spawn they choose a random model and rotation.

https://youtu.be/sgneqvftVxg

Started working on inventory saving (works but it doesn’t save between transitions yet). Also added a loading screen and made it so you can go into interiors (interior is placeholder, obviously!)

https://youtu.be/rNSNmu7Fzyo

Added some icons for the gems, but more importantly I *finally* made the action menu show up next to the inventory items and disappear when you do something or click outside the menu!
>>
File: 360x200.jpg (43 KB, 360x200) Image search: [Google]
360x200.jpg
43 KB, 360x200
>>339178582
>cutscenes

Don't!
This is what killed gaming
>>
>>339182506

you still need even better font, it still look not that good
>>
>>339182896
Where?
>>
>>339182506
Why is the movement so stuttery?
>>
>>339182916

the date and time font.

how about using a digital theme font like the ones used in digital clocks
>>
>>339182972
it's my recording software, it's actually fine in game

>>339183039
hmm i'll give that a shot, but it might look a bit weird
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.