[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the dust has settled, can we all agree that Dark Souls
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: roll.gif (3 MB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
roll.gif
3 MB, 636x358
Now that the dust has settled, can we all agree that Dark Souls 3 was a mistake?
>>
>>339174465
>>>/vg/
>>
>>339174513
When will this meme end?
>>
>>339174465
no, im still ahving fun
>just got to crab pond on my battle socerer
>>
>>339174465
Yep, it's horrible as of right now.
>>
>>339174465
There's something wrong with the iframes in your pic
>>
I enjoyed playing DS3 but honestly Dark Souls shouldn't have had sequels. I've had enough Souls at this point, honestly.

I can keep going back to Bloodborne all day, though, so if From ever makes another action-RPG I hope they continue to put new twists on it instead of revisiting Souls.
>>
>>339174465
I've actually tried German Longsword and even then I've no fucking clue what that rolling guy was trying to accomplish. The fuck.
>>
>>339174980
It doesn't help that the engine they use for DS 2 and 3 makes everything look like floating clay blobs. I cant stand that shit. DS, DES, and BB all day.
>>
sadly yes

DS2 retains the crown of this franchise.
>>
>>339175138
DS3 is very similar to BB and DS1, only DS2 was had a vastly different engine.
>>
>>339174980
he wanted to roleplay being a retard
>>
>>339175326
Really? I'll admit DS3 looks a lot better than DS2 and doesn't quite have the same floaty feeling, but it still doesn't look nearly as good as BB or DS1.
>>
>>339174465
Yeah.

It was alright for a playthrough, but it does drag, and a lot of stuff is just retarded.

I think the most disappointing thing was that it felt unnecessary. Dark Souls 2 was the same. But when the Director promises its the last game in the series, I want some closure.

But we got the same "beat final boss, heres youe 30 second cutscene". No finale. No expository dialogue. No Epilogue. Just roll credits.

It was insulting.
>>
>>339174992
Possibly demonstrating that rolling is a bad idea
>>
>>339174992
>>339175571
But if you look at the initial swing of the guy that strikes first, he doesn't put any energy into it because he knows the roll is coming. So it doesn't really say anything.
>>
>>339175567
End of Fire I feel wraps things up nicely. Back to true darkness, but the flame will reemerge in eons to come.

We still have the DLC to answer any other questions, and I feel if they do Londor (they probably will) they can go into the nature of the curse, which will also help wrap up 2.
>>
>>339174465
No, it's the best in the series.
>>
>>339175814
You aren't supposed to put your entire weight behind every strike.
>>
>>339176036
I don't give a shit.

It's not acceptable to keep critical story elements behind DLC.

This is what happens when people "accept" DLC as a thing. It allows developers to charge an extra 15-20 dollars on top of the 60 dollar price tag to give you the complete experience. Apparently theres 2 DLC for Dark Souls 3, so yeah, enjoy a 100 dollar game with less content than the original Dark Souls.
>>
>>339175495
DS3 uses the bloodborne engine anon...your problem is with art design not the engine
>>
>>339176239
Or just wait to play the complete version like someone who has patience
>>
>>339176452
Kill yourself you ignorant developer cock sucker.
>>
>>339176680
If your only complaint is having to pay a lot for the complete experience then all you have to do is wait for the whole development cycle to be done. It's not that hard anon, there's a whole world of games out there to play in the meantime
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.