[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For PS4 Remote Play, which has less latency? Xperia or Vita?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: Sony.png (777 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Sony.png
777 KB, 1920x1080
For PS4 Remote Play, which has less latency? Xperia or Vita?

I know Xperia supports higher bandwidth internet due to 5GHz wifi ac, but we're talking strictly about input lag here.
>>
Shut the fuck up and go play in the living room faggot
>>
>>339169216
>he doesn't leave his house ever
>>
Forgot to mention that this assumes PS4 wired through ethernet to 5GHz Wifi ac router.

Devices can use either said wifi or direct-connect to the PS4, whichever of those has less latency.

So? Anyone have any experience with this?
>>
Nobody uses Remote Play on their PS4 here?
>>
I don't have an Xperia to confirm, but I notice no difference on my PC when I use the remote play application.
>>
>>339171472
When you say difference, you mean difference VS your PS4 natively, right?

What's your setup? Both are wired to the same router?

And I'm assuming you also don't have a Vita to test?

Thanks a lot for your input!
>>
>>339171937
I was playing with my Vita last night and it constantly got choppy and dropped connection twice despite being only 10 feet away from the console.

It's just a streaming service and a better quality connection will always work better.

Lag is non-existent in anything I've played.
>>
>>339169085
Um 5GHz doesn't do anything to increase speed or reduce latency. It's just a newer frequency that's far less used so the chance of interference is reduced. Also it has more problems going through solid objects than 2.4GHz. So I don't that that should be much of a factor unless you have issues with 2.4 to begin with.
>>
I own both a Vita and an Xperia Z3 compact, the Vita seems marginally better. Using remote play on my Macbook Air seems to work better than both though.
>>
How far does the Remote Play work? Do you have be in the vicinity of your PS4 or can you take it anywhere?
>>
>>339174265
works over any WiFi connection with the Vita, not sure about on the phone as I rarely connect to WiFi hotspots away from home since I've got unlimited data
>>
>>339173631
Using wifi LAN or direct connect?

Also, better in what way? Latency? fewer cuts?
>>
>>339174265
Remote play works over the internet so you can play from anywhere, but you'll need to pay the money for a good connection at home. The Upload speed is the important part.
>>
>>339174729
I don't use direct connect because it kills the Vita's network features. I should mention my PS4 is on WiFi as well because it's not feasible to wire it in my home. I don't really play games using remote play ever, I mainly use to control the PS4, start downloads, etc because it works better than the stupid playstation app.
>>
>>339172839
I assume you re using Direct Connect.

How does it work over wifi?
>>
>>339176126
I'm using a 5G N wifi on PC. I've been playing it without trouble.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.