[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this any good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (455 KB, 1305x1500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
455 KB, 1305x1500
I've never played silent hill 2 but I've always wanted too. Post patch, is this decent at least?
>>
>>339163774
Is this bait
>>
>HD Collection
No
>>
No
It's bad
Incredibly bad
Like, prepare for 500+ posts of people telling you to avoid it at all costs.
>>
File: Silent Hill HD Collection Guide.jpg (1 MB, 1200x2700) Image search: [Google]
Silent Hill HD Collection Guide.jpg
1 MB, 1200x2700
>>339163774
>today i will remind them
>>
>>339163774
No. It's completely fucked.

Play the PC version with the widescreen patch. Any computer made after 2005 should be able to max it at 1080p or higher.
>>
>>339163946
Op here. I was about to ask what the optimal way to play it was then, but you've answered that question
>>
>>339163774
OP pls

no

not like this
>>
So what's actually better, emulating the original PS2 version or just playing the PC version? (with the hacks)
>>
File: iRVR1QMoVIfzs.jpg (350 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
iRVR1QMoVIfzs.jpg
350 KB, 1920x1080
>>339163774
>>339163946
The sad part is that there's no truly definitive version of Silent Hill 2.

PS2
>480i unless emulated (which as of 2016 is still kind of glitchy on PCSX2)
>2.0 stereo audio
>Perfect sound effects
>High quality fog

Xbox
>480p (xbe can easily be modded to run in widescreen too)
>True 5.1 Dolby Digital surround audio
>Worse sound effects
>Simplified fog

PC
>Any resolution you want
>True 5.1 and even 7.1 surround audio (problem is that it only really works if you have some old sound card that is compatible with whatever TS used back in the day)
>Worse sound effects
>Simplified fog

Little known fact is that the PC and Xbox version have slightly screwed up sound effects:

https://youtu.be/8E5Nt8ahZRk

It's not a big deal, but it's something to consider I guess. Basically you have to choose between perfect graphics and surround sound (which in a game like SH2 is pretty awesome). I kind of assumed that the Xbox version has the same audio problems that the PC version has since they're the same port essentially.
>>
I liked Silent Hill 3 more. Just sayin
>>
HERE WE GO
>>
>>339164743
I'm on the fence about the pc vs. ps2 sounds. On one hand I think the ps2 version sounds better but I'm also influenced by the ps2 version being the original and how the developer's intended it to sound. I think had the pc version came out first I might have my opinion reversed.
>>
>>339164743

>Xbox
>Worse sound effects
>Simplified fog

WRONGGGGG.

PC is the only one with simplified fog. The sound effects are identical as well on PS2. The bonus to Xbox is not just true 5.1 surround and 480p, it's also per pixel lighting and higher quality textures.

Xbox version IS the superior version. The only thing it "lacks" is higher resolution support, but quite frankly I don't agree with this notion. These old school 3D games do not scale well with resolution. Being hidden behind jaggies and noise masks the lower details and lighting effects and makes it look more imaginative. Cleaning up the image with super high resolution and lower noise count makes it look flat and boring.
>>
>>339166386
No, the PS2 Greatest Hits is the definitive version of SH2.
Throw in the widescreen hack and it looks fucking great.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.