[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who's the strongest soulborn protagonist and why it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 6
File: maxresdefault.jpg (167 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
167 KB, 1920x1080
Who's the strongest soulborn protagonist and why it's the hunter?

>inb4 feats that happened only off-screen
>>
>>339161904
Because the Good Hunter killed elder gods, in addition to ascending to one
>>
File: Hunter_Art_1427135263.jpg (272 KB, 600x1290) Image search: [Google]
Hunter_Art_1427135263.jpg
272 KB, 600x1290
Hunter is significantly faster and hits just as hard with weapons that lacerate and transform. No shit he'd win against a bunch of clunky zombies.
>>
>Strong as fuck and super fast
>Able to tank hits that fully armored dudes couldn't handle
>Has access to magic from the cosmos, so he would still be able to fight casters
>Has a fucking gun
>Becomes a living God instead of kindle
>Best Waifu

Hunter's the strongest
>>
Hunter > Ashen One > Slayer of Demons = Chosen Undead > Bearer of Curse
>>
>>339161904
>soulborn
>>
Hunter doesn't win just by his speed. People forget about stun timings a lot when discussing these games.
Both Ashen and Bearer can't escape first hits while the Chosen Undead and Hunter can. That alone sets them apart, along with 1000+ damage guns
>>
File: 1454118034968.png (92 KB, 557x605) Image search: [Google]
1454118034968.png
92 KB, 557x605
>>339162258
This is about as accurate as they come. No further discussion necessary.
>>
The hunter stops dreaming eventually.
The chosen undead can never stop coming back.
He will win no matter how hard the opponent is.
>>
>>339162479
he can also flatten giants with strength weapons and stunlock bosses, the blood eugenetics make him canonically superhuman, while the souls protagonists are just normal (albeit very skilled) humans at the beginning.
>>
>>339162717
Both of them end doing whatever they're doing when they end their journeys, I don't get your argument
>>
>>339162717
Chosen Undead dies to the first flame...
>>
>>339162258
Ashen One is canonically shit-tier except in the Lord of Hollows path, despite what's shown in the gameplay. Their strength and Humanity have been completely burnt away, and their only worth to the Linking of the Fire is being a convenient vessel to hold the souls of the ones actually worthy of becoming kindling.

Also, I think people underestimate the Bearer of the Curse, since by the end of Scholar of the First Sin, he's become the only character in the series to successfully break from the cycle and become a true immortal.
>>
>>339162932
You don't die when you link the fire. You just sit there, burning until someone comes along to put you out of your misery.

It doesn't matter since the Chosen Undead's been canonically killed off anyways.
>>
they're all the same shit
>>
File: image.jpg (185 KB, 586x991) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
185 KB, 586x991
Any variation of a decent greatshield would destroy the hunter, not to mention if it's paired with a weapon with good reach
>>
>>339163532
>Quick-steps behind greatshield user
>Pshh... Nothing personnel, kid.
>>
>shield babby vs nightmare slayer

I think we all know
>>
>>339163532

>tfw DaS shields don't have a blood resistance stat

*unsheathes Evelyn*
>>
>>339161904

Because the (Good) Hunter becomes a Great One in the true ending.
>>
>>339163317
bearer is pretty strong, especially when you get aldias ending
>>
>>339161904
60fpsvs27fps

I think it's pretty obvious who wins here.
>>
If a chosen undead laid eyes upon a great old one, they would instantly frenzy and their brains would explode.
>>
>>339162479
Chosen Undead and Slayer of Demons are the most susceptible to stunlocks
>>
>>339164223
>game vs no game

lel
>>
>>339161904
I kinda feel that this is the same as asking who would in a fight between a medieval knight and a modern day soldier.
>>
>>339164348
Not yo speak the Hunter has to pay $5 a month to be able to cross other worlds. If this is a poor Hunter he's fucked.
>>
Chose undead>The Hunter>The Slayer of Demons=The ashen one>The bearer of the curse
>>
>>339164518
The hunter saved alot of money not buying a meme platform. He can afford it.
>>
>>339164592
I hope he saved enough to buy the upgrade that comes next year and makes his current one obsolete too.
>>
>>339164279
I don't see how Ebrietas is any more existentially terrifying than fucking Nito. Dark Souls has a lot of eldritch horrors as well, but they're treated as much more mundane in that series due to their already-close ties to humans, and the lack of a notion that the lands outside of the ones in the games are any more "normal."
>>
Bloodtinge hunter literally destroys other protagonist
>>
>>339164583
the ashen one beat the chosen one in a direct 1v1 fight though.
>>
>>339164681
Boy talk about the pot calling the kettle black. How's that gpu doing? Graphics card? Getting hot outside, hows that temp looking?
>>
>>339164884
I can't hear you over the loud jet engine sounds that come out of your PS4 anon
>>
>>339164797
But The Chosen undead beated a undead god like Nito, The whole army of gwyn, a dragon corrupted by the abyss and the Father of the Abyss itself
>>
>>339164884
>>339164991
>console war
I forgot it's summer already
>>
>>339164347
Both of those had toggle escaping, something that didn't exist in 2 or 3. Chosen also had working poise.
>>
>complaining about console war in a bloodborne related thread

first day?
>>
>chosen undead turns to ash
>good hunter turns into a cute baby squid
Hunter wins
>>
The Hunter probably wins because he killed something that could physically move the fucking Moon.
Unless that was all a fucking dream.
I don't fucking know, man.
>>
>>339165236
Meant for
>>339165092
>>
>>339161904
no one, there's no way any of the protagonists (even the superhuman hunter) could defeat whole armies of demons giants and gods alone, especially if you consider the feats not shown in the actual game like manus being a devourer of worlds. It's a videogame and shoulnd't be taken seriously, everytime something major happens in the lore it's usually lead by heroes with followers or gods.
>>
>>339165315
>good hunter turns into a cute baby squid
Bloodborne confirmed for Splatoon prequel.
>>
>>339165420
Splatoon sucks and isn't cute, though.
>>
>>339164348
Your game vs no game logic goes both ways seeing as Dark Souls isn't on the ps4.
>>
>>339161904
Strongest: The Good Hunter. Can heal by just smacking you around quickly after taking damage, way faster, has a fucking gun, and killed god like beings who could wreck your shit by just looking at you

Smartest: Bearer of the Curse. Went "Fuck this" and "beat" the curse for himself and said "fuck the cycle shit"
>>
File: Cooling Rack.jpg (184 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
Cooling Rack.jpg
184 KB, 800x800
>>339164991
>I can't hear you over the loud jet engine sounds that come out of your PS4 anon

The playstation design is really really fucking stupid. The air intakes are tiny, and in the bottom of the machine, which also accumulates and radiates heat into the surface that its sitting on.

To keep your Playstation from overheating, you need to make sure that it's not sitting in an enclosed area (like inside of your entertainment center, where most people would logically put it), and you need to prop it up so its not on a flat solid surface. This is so air can freely flow under the machine, as well as into it.

When I'm playing on my PS4, I have it sitting on the floor, on top of a cookie cooling rack, and it doesnt over hear.

It's really really fucking stupid.
>>
>>339165980
>over hear.

*overheat*
>>
Hunter > Chosen Undead > Slayer of Demons = Ashen One > Bearer of the Curse

I wouldnt say that Ashen > Chosen since its been so long and the first flame is likely much weaker then when Chosen first linked it
I would like to see Ashen try to take chosen on when it was still high in power

Also this -> >>339165035
>>
File: 23444234.jpg (34 KB, 153x153) Image search: [Google]
23444234.jpg
34 KB, 153x153
Ashen one with sacred flame
>>
ashen one>chosen undead>hunter>curse bearer

This isn't a direct competition in terms of gameplay mechanics or any of that shit, mostly it's just lore

It's just that the ashen one killed four literal lords of cinder, as in, the equivalents to the chosen undead, and he killed the manifestation of every single person to have linked the flame.

That's pretty badass if you ask me, along with the fact that they have recently been awoken, they're not exactly long forgotten like nito, gwyn etc.

The chosen undead killed the archaic essences of the four lord souls, arguably, manus was the only one at "peak power".

The hunter is a weird one, as it's hard to describe whether the great ones are actually that powerful of influencing over the games events other than the possibility of MP masterminding it all.

The curse bearer isn't "weak" to say, but he certainly didn't have as much involvement with pure avatars of power as the other 3.
>>
>>339161904
>Tranquil Walk of Peace
>>
>>339168367
Well, as mentioned above, The Moon Presence is powerful enough to move the orbit of the fucking Moon, which in terms of scale at least complete stomps everything else in Souls series.
Everything below that is kind of up in the air.
>>
>>339163317
Just take the crown off desu
>>
>>339163532
>Any variation of a decent greatshield would destroy the hunter, not to mention if it's paired with a weapon

Whirligig Saw, anon

Whirligig Saw

That shit would drain stamina and poise like crazy.
>>
>>339168367
Lords of cinder=restricted to earth or whatever it is. Lets call it earth
Great ones= Cosmic figures able to mainulate the universe.

I am pretty sure the Great ones are better
>>
Based on canon lore, it should be:
Elder God Hunter > True Immortal Bearer of the Curse > Hunter > Lord of Hollows Ashen One > Lord of Dark Chosen Undead = Slayer of Demons > Ashen One = Bearer of the Curse > Chosen Undead
>>
Chester was a hunter.

Chosen Undead killed Chester.

Chosen Undead can kill Good Hunter.
>>
>guns
>hurr durr... but shields work against bullets
>>
>>339168367
>Hunter kills literally cosmic gods
>Ashen one kills lords of Cinder
>Ashen one is somehow stronger
??????
>>
>hunter is strongest!
>guys i had a dream i was the strongest fastest person ever, that means i was right??
realistically bearer of the curse is the strongest. If hunter dies hes dead, all the other undead could keep coming back butwould eventually weaken and hollow. not BotC
>>
>>339170384
keep in mind the objects being used. the gun isn't a modern day Gun. more like a flint lock pistol, and the Shields can be very thick solid steel and also literally magic
>>
>>339171512
You are either retarded or you haven't played Bloodborne
>>
>>339171512
So if you give me immortality, that means I'm stronger than the Hunter because I just can't die, right?
>>
>>339171512
Makes me wonder what the Executioners would make of the Undead.
I can imagine Alfred going all out with his stupid wheel on everyone and trying to grind bonfires out of existence.
>>
>>339171786
basically the BotC can only get stronger as time goes on, his specific form of immortality is an extreme strength.
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.