[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What cack-handed shit heel reviewer said this game was unplayable?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 11
File: image.jpg (386 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
386 KB, 1280x720
What cack-handed shit heel reviewer said this game was unplayable? I want their names and I want em now

If you can't play this game you need to find a different hobby
>>
I dislike most jews I've met
>>
>>339160453
Miyamoto please.
>>
>>339160453
I think polygon was crying about something like that.

And then we saw them playing doom.
>>
Yeah the controls are fine, but sadly the game is a 7 at best
>>
>>339160765
Seeing you guys continue to backtrack as more and more people play the game is hilarious.

>The controls are unusable, guys! And the game looks terrible!
>The controls work, but I still don't like the game!

Personally, I'd say Nintendo will continue to make gyro aiming the new standard in shooters. Zero built off of what Splatoon did splendidly, and I wonder how gyro controls could effect a traditional first person shooter game...
>>
>>339161171
Except Zero's controls are a thousand time worse than Splatoon's
>>
>>339160714
We did? How bad was it? Is it on youtube?
>>
>>339160453

I still want to play this game, but I hate motion controls and gyro shit and yes, that includes Splatoon (good thing we could disable that garbage in that game though). $60 just seems like too much for a game that I'll probably hate.

Why does Miyamoto hate giving people options?
>>
File: 1389239278625.jpg (141 KB, 534x820) Image search: [Google]
1389239278625.jpg
141 KB, 534x820
>>339161171

>gyro aiming
>ever better than KBM
>>
Just swap to the secondary shooting mode. Makes the game playable.
>>
>>339161171
>if the controls work then it's a 10/10!
Like Skyward Sword all over again
>>
This game would have been better if they didn't tie in the gimmick motion controls. It didn't even need to be great, just ok. That's all I wanted.

But no, gotta get those gimmicky controls in to ruin the damn game.
>>
>>339161712
Except just like Zero, no one complaining about the controls complains about anything else. Almost as if they never even played it! Imagine that.

Of course Zero isn't a perfect game, especially if you're not into getting all of the medals, but it's still a fun romp IF you are a skilled player looking for a challenge.

>>339161606
Isn't this already the consensus among Splatoon players?
>>
>>339162117
Because the controls are the most obvious and fundamental problem with the title. If the game has trouble with even the basic CONTROLS then it's got serious problems.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m544qfVMIPs
>>
File: pete-campbell.jpg (44 KB, 560x375) Image search: [Google]
pete-campbell.jpg
44 KB, 560x375
>>339162117
>it's still a fun romp IF you are a skilled player looking for a challenge.
>learning to use an obtuse, unnecessary control scheme means you're "skilled"
Yeah and ice skating uphill is fun if you are a skilled skater looking for a challenge too
>>
>>339162594
One of those requires physical exertion and a fuckton of training.

If you can only "think" in terms of analogies, you need to kill yourself.
>>
>>339160453
FUCK YOUR FAGGOT FURRY SHIT GAME THE CONTROLS SUCK FUCKING ASS DIARRHEA SHORT AS FUCK TERRRIBLE REHASH OF A OKAY ONE OFF GAME ON THAT SHIT 64 STOP PRETENDING IT ISNT THE WORST THING SINCE NECROPHILIA

WHAT A SHITLOAD OF FUCK
>>
>>339160453
It's kid icarus uprising all over again.
Let them parrot their shit. I am just glad Zero is not as bad as Command and Adventures and easily on par with Assault.
>>
I agree. I bought this game last week and played it pretty much all week long.

Days of shitposting about the controls and the scores and it turns out to be same as it ALWAYS fucking is.

Absolutely moronic pandering reviewers who are genuine dogshit at videogames who can't bother spending 10 minutes learning controls in-between wrting essays about white privilege and attention whoring shitposting false flaggers pohsting for (you)'s

There are problems with this game for sure. The lenght, lack of the original 3 branch system, but the controls are fucking fine. The motion aiming is, understandably, annoying at times, but the vehicles control absolutely perfectly. It controls even better than 64 and I like how, depending on the situation, you'd alternate between playing on the pad screen and TV screen. think it would have been better without the gamepad gimmick and as a regular normal controller rail shooter, but I think piloting with both analog sticks and shooting with the shoulder buttons feels more natural than playing with the original layout.
>>
>>339162970
I think you need to control your saltiness, friend. Star Fix Zero is shit and everyone knows it but you.
>>
>>339163228
>reviewers who are genuine dogshit at videogames who can't bother spending 10 minutes learning controls
Why should people HAVE TO learn how to use a fucking ridiculous control scheme when Star Fox 64's was fine? Why are there no alternate control schemes like there are for Splatoon? What made Shiggy think people would like this control scheme? What do the motion controls add to this game?
>>
File: HHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg (950 KB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
HHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg
950 KB, 2592x1944
>fags will stop asking for a Metroid/F-Zero game by shitty Platinum now that Zero bombed and TMNT flunked harder than Korra
>>
>>339164360

My biggest gripe with the controls are how most of the time I'd REALLY like to ignore the motion aiming, but the game pretty much forces you to use it because it's built around them. that and the fact that, despite liking alternating between pad view and TV view, most of the time it is confusing because When I'd LIKE to look at the TV it's better to look at the pad and, other times, especially for medal runs, I spend more time focusing on pad aiming as I'm getting FUCKEd n the ass by shots I can't anticipate without looking at the TV. In short I do agree they are not perfect. as I said what I really enjoy is controlling the ship with both sticks and shooting with the shoulder buttons. I think future Starfox game, if there are to be more, should use this layout from now on. I also think that the motion aiming is a good idea, but my problem with it is the gamepad. I think the real problem witht he controls are the fact that the WiiU uses that awful gamepad. I'd prefer havin a regular controller railshooter that uses the two stick control layout while offering a motion aiming (which would, however, require motion controls in the controller) without having to rely on watching the gamepad screen for accuracy.

In short.>>339162532 's video sums up what I think, I actually agree with that point, but my point is not that the controls are good, but that they are not hard to learn. Confusing, yes, taking time to adjust to them, yes. Do they have problems? Yes.

Horrible, no, hard to learn, no, making the game unplayable and bad, hell fucking no.

It really didn't take me long to get used to them. The biggest problem aren't even how the game controls, it's alternating between the pad view and the TV screen view.
>>
>>339161468

You forget Samurai is the exact same.

>Creates a tourney mode for online
>IT HAS to be free-for-all 4 players
>Doesn't even give an option for 1-on-1

>Creates For Glory
>All stages a Final Destination only
>Because the tourneyfags final des only MAYMAY
>Ignores that tournaments allows for normal stages

It's Nintendo in general that refuses to listen to their goddamn fanabse because they think they know what's best for us.
>>
>>339164594
I've given up on a true Metroid successor for a while now. Even if they release another Metroid it won't be the same since the studio has changed way too much.

Instead I've hyped myself up for ReCore
>>
>>339161443
I'm surprised you haven't even seen the supercut yet, and that doesn't even show them shooting a stationary health pack and missing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3pQ0oO_cDE
>>
>>339160453
DSP bitched like a faggot about that game.

Can't exactly call him a "reviewer" though, unless shit for brains verbal diarrhea is considered a "review" these days
>>
File: UNDISPUTABLE TASTE!.png (117 KB, 699x486) Image search: [Google]
UNDISPUTABLE TASTE!.png
117 KB, 699x486
>>339166321

These guys are responsible for telling potential customers what games they should and should not buy.

I will keep these screencaps forever for ANY time some fucking shitposting retard comes in with Polygon reviews to fuel his console war baits.

It all reminds me of this blogshit article about how reviewers don'T have to be good at games and I'm just dissapointed in people in general that mediocrity and lowering the bar is so strongly supported in our lazy ass hedonistic modern society.
>>
I have this game and the controls are dog shit, I have to play with a friend in co-op to be able to play this shitfest
>>
The game sucks and it costs $60 for 3 hours of content.
>>
>>339166128
Because people who buy Nintendo games are children. They know what is best for you.
>>
>>339167160

Thank you for your shitposting, friend.
>>
>>339161356
yeah, nah, you are just bad.
>>
File: miyamoto.jpg (67 KB, 936x571) Image search: [Google]
miyamoto.jpg
67 KB, 936x571
>Producer of Assault and Command
>people expected the game to be good this time
>>
>>339168015
I liked Assault's multiplayer
>>
>>339166589
>lazy ass hedonistic modern society because people aren't good enough at video games

You should probably take a break from /v/ anon

also look at the fucking trash that leaves user reviews on metacritic
>>
File: Dylan_Cuthbert.jpg (13 KB, 250x150) Image search: [Google]
Dylan_Cuthbert.jpg
13 KB, 250x150
>>339168015
>Programmed OG Star Foxes
>really fucking good

>Directed Command
>nearly killed Star Fox

>handled the 64 port with Q-Games
>best thing to come in years
what happened?
>>
>>339160453
The controls aren't unplayable, but they're unintuitive and ultimately add nothing but annoyance to the game. Even getting over that the game is mediocre and too expensive.
>>
>>339168963
Cuthbert's at best when he's a programmer

i don't mind him coming back to Star Fox, as long he's not directing the story.
>>
Reminder that the same reviewers probably thought Kid Icarus had difficult controls too.
>>
>defending this shit

Unbelievable.
>>
File: meanwhile at japan.jpg (76 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
meanwhile at japan.jpg
76 KB, 600x450
>>339169139
at least the sales are low
>>
>>339168620

>He thinks I'm exclusively talking about videogames.
>>
>>339169138
They still praised the game anyways. If we're talking strictly about review scores it did pretty well. Star Fox Zero did not get the same treatment
>>
>inb4 that fag who post his "Zero is worser than Command!" infograph
>>
>>339160453
Why the fuck do you care? How is this shit relevant? SF fans hated it. Reviewers hated it. Wii U is dead. Let it go.
>>
>>339169838

I'm a SF fan and I liked it.

It's nowhere near as legendary as SNES and 64 Starfox, but it's on par with Command and far superior to Adventures and Assault.
>>
File: 1447965391980.jpg (29 KB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
1447965391980.jpg
29 KB, 852x480
>>339170083
>but it's on par with Command and far superior to Adventures and Assault.
are you saying Command is anything good?
>>
>>339170285

Yes, it was ok.

But I often forget that, here, anything below absolute perfection is fucking dogshit, but I see things in nuances of grey and Command was a fun little game that I'd consider as a spinoff of the Starfox series and not a main game. It tried to take the concept of Starfox 2 and make a "strategy" game out of it. it was decent.
>>
File: 1454729609503.jpg (31 KB, 500x304) Image search: [Google]
1454729609503.jpg
31 KB, 500x304
>/v/ defending motion control forced gimmick garbage
Whuhhappen
>>
>>339164360
>when Star Fox 64's was fine?

Star Fox 64 was fine for what it is but it showed its limitations on how practically every boss is on-rails. Every All-Range Mode boss whole body is damageable and Star Wolf go down in seconds.

Star Fox Zero's control system was ideal for the new challenges they made and makes better use of 3D space and all-range mode. There's a big pay off for learning Zero's controls which places it above 64 in my opinion.
>>
>>339170812
>Nintendo
>able to do any wrong
>>
>>339160453
god we need a new fucking panzer dragoon
>>
>>339170812
>/v/ defending motion control forced gimmick garbage
Yeah, VR fans should be shot in sight.
>>
>>339171001
Lmao kill yourself dude
>>
File: 1454153450579.png (161 KB, 838x911) Image search: [Google]
1454153450579.png
161 KB, 838x911
>>339171490

Why not try proving me wrong instead of rattling off buzzwords in place of an actual argument?
>>
I think the controls are fine in the on-rails section but fuck they just take a downhill slide in all-range mode mode, which is where you'll spend most of your time in the game.

I managed to beat the secret boss in the first level, still stuck in the final boss, though.

Is there any video on an "expert" play or something showing how to actually play this? I'm curious to know if I've been actually doing something entirely wrong because All-range mode sections are truly painful to play.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.