[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which one is better, /v/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6
File: 250px-TES4Oblivion_box.jpg (120 KB, 619x375) Image search: [Google]
250px-TES4Oblivion_box.jpg
120 KB, 619x375
Which one is better, /v/?
>>
Oblivion
>>
Skyrim but unironically
>>
I can't think of a single aspect that was done better in Oblivion desu
>>
>>339159918
Morrowind
>>
File: 1439832699620s.jpg (2 KB, 109x125) Image search: [Google]
1439832699620s.jpg
2 KB, 109x125
>>339160887
>Morrowind
>>
Gothic 2
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/10333116
>>
Oblivion for me was a unique experience in that it finally made me lose all hope in professional games journalism in how they fellated that garbage while it was obvious that it had fixed none of the serious flaws of Morrowind and simply dumbed it down in the wrong ways
>>
>>339159918
Oblivion.
>>
File: Wut Dog.jpg (83 KB, 560x560) Image search: [Google]
Wut Dog.jpg
83 KB, 560x560
>>339160927
Why would you want to play a game with level scaling so awful that it's actually more optimal to just raise stats and never level up?
>>
I have to go with Oblivion. There is just something so comfy, and fun about playing that game. The world just feels amazing.
>>
>>339161425
That applies to both games though
>>
>>339161425
Morrowind has no level scaling what the fuck are you on about
>>
>>339161601
yes it does
only unique mobs aren't leveled which makes it less obvious
>>
Oblivion doesn't even feel like a sequel to Morrowind. The only thing they have in common is an open world and the levelling system.
>>
>>339161131
Gothic 1 > Gothic 2
>>
Oblivion has better combat.
Morrowind has better everything else.
>>
File: What.png (74 KB, 300x256) Image search: [Google]
What.png
74 KB, 300x256
>>339161679
Oh yeah i remember that one time when the bandits in Morrowind completely replaced their armor with glass armor and became sponges
>>
>>339159918
Skyrim.
>>
>>339161679
There is no level scaling in Morrowind.
You are delusional.
>>
>>339161829
Most bandits in Morrowind have unique names and aren't leveled.
Dark Brotherhood assassins for example do replace their weapons the higher level you are
>>
>>339161920
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Leveled_Creatures_%28Morrowind%29

educate yourself
>>
Morrowind had a richer world and story, while Oblivion gets an edge in graphics (though both games have aged like milk).

Morrowind is more endearing to most TES fans because it was one of a handful of RPGs to get an open world game correct. So many hidden places and secrets you had to dig in and explore to find.

My problems with Oblivion:
>Horrendously small VA pool.
You heard the same fucking 6 people everywhere. Really cut down on how alive the game felt since everyone seemed like a carbon copy.
>Horrendously bad main storyline
Not only did the Oblivion gate mechanic get old quick, but they just kept slamming you into them. At the end where you're trying to muster forces from each city and they're basically like "WELL I WOULD BUT THIS OBLIVON GATE BLAH BLAH".
>Bad models
Every race was just skewed off the human model. This led to Khajiit and Argonians having humanoid legs versus the more beast like ones they had in Morrowind.
>Horrible scaling enemies
Because everything in the game scaled to your level range, you never feel more powerful to anything, as weaker mobs just stop existing once you reach a certain level.
>Bad dungeons
Every "dungeon" was just an arrangement of random tilesets.

Oblivion was utter garbage even after mods.
>>
>>339162013
The level scaling in Oblivion is so grossly different than Morrowind that it's in a completely different realm
>>
morrowind > skyrim > oblivion
>>
>>339162112
only in regards to bandits
otherwise it's the exact same shit, but mobs are less bloated in health in Morrowind
>>
>>339162210
Fine. But the real big point here is that these unique mobs you speak of are so common in the game that trying to beat the game at level one is WAY harder than beating Oblivion at level one. The mobs in Morrowind will kick your 40 health ass
>>
>>339160259
>>339161906
The thing I hate about Skyrim is that mages become more useless the further you get into the game
>>
morrowind. Oblivion is so fucking boring and hollow
>>
File: Gothic_2_paladin_1280x1024.jpg (1 MB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
Gothic_2_paladin_1280x1024.jpg
1 MB, 1280x1024
Neither are good.
>>
anybody have the roll-a-build image for morrowind?
>>
>>339159918

anyone who seriously picks Oblivion is just salty his own brand of nostalgia faggotry gets trampled over.

Oblivion was shittier than skyrim back then and it is shittier than Skyrim right now. All it has going over Skyrim is a few superior questlines. Oblivionfags know they can't compete with Skyrim so they go against Morrowind by spamming memes.
>>
>>339160404
Side quests are way, way better in Oblivion
>>
>>339163985
how does one get good at Gothic i keep trying to get into it but every fuck i run into robs me or beats me for talking to them
>>
>>339165784
Save a lot
try playing a lot of things safe until you're strong enough to actually survive
optionally kiss Gomez's ass
>>
>>339165848
even if i try to play safe sometimes they just run up to me and rob me without me engaging anything
>>
>>339166035
Where?
>>
>>339159918
Oblivion. Morrowind is just plain outdated nowadays
>>
I like all elder scrolls except for Arena
>>
>>339166083
old camp bunch of the guards just walk up to me and demand shit even if i need the shit for other quests
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.