[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is it as bad as most of you claim? I'm looking for a new
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: 11123669-1774300310160159.jpg (67 KB, 465x600) Image search: [Google]
11123669-1774300310160159.jpg
67 KB, 465x600
is it as bad as most of you claim?

I'm looking for a new game to sink hours into and I can't decide between this or Witcher 3
>>
Definitely go with Witcher one this one, man.
>>
*on
>>
>>339159056
>>339159162
Have to agree, I spent days playing The Witcher 3
Fallout didn't even last me 10 hours before it became boring and repetitive as fuck
>>
TW3 is a beautiful game with a good story

F4 is an enjoyable shooter with some rpg elements

It's personal preference, but i'd eventually play both if i were you
>>
>>339159056
I love both but Fallout is way more fun. The Witchers controls just aggravate the shit out of me.
>>
>>339159162
>>339159438
>>339159470

Don't listen to these. TW3 is a fuckin garbage game. If you want graphics and story watch a movie or read a book instead. I honestly could only last half out of the shitty controls and combat is total wank. You'll regret it, trust me.

I've not played FO4 but I heard it's solid gameplay wise.
>>
It's a fun little sandbox game. Almost feels like a charming indie game that's way bigger than it should be, although that's pretty pathetic for it's budget.

It isn't even comparable to TW3, though. They're so far apart from each other in terms of quality. Go with Witcher.
>>
does Fallout "force" you to play FPS at times or can you play the whole game TPS?

The Witcher looks really fun and beautiful but I hear the combat gets very repetitive
>>
>>339159470
>TW3 is a beautiful game with a good story

notice how he didn't mention GAMEPLAY, you know the actual thing you buy games for. TW3 is complete shit when it comes to gameplay.
>>
>>339159056
Fallout 4 isn't bad at all. People just expected the best game of the century and that's not what they got.
>>
>>339159056

Get the Dark souls trilogy
Even Dark Souls 2 is miles ahead of the shit you are about to sink hours into.
>>
>>339159880
You can swap between first and third person.
>>
>>339159056
It's an ok sandbox with meh gameplay versus a great story-driven game with bad gameplay. I'd go for Witcher but that's because I love story.
>>
>>339160180
yes I know but you can play the entire game in third person without ever having to play first person?

I muuuuuch prefer third person which is why I was thinking of getting W3 instead
>>
>>339159056

It depends on what you're into.

You can sink hours into Fallout 4, but it's kind of a MMORPG experience. A lot of it is just running around, doing repetitive tasks and getting into fights. I put over 200 hours into it despite just kinda liking it.

If that's the kind of thing you can see throwing your evenings into, then Godspeed.
>>
File: Fallout4bad2.png (4 MB, 1601x872) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4bad2.png
4 MB, 1601x872
>>339159056

I don't know Anon, is Fallout 4 bad?

yes it is
>>
>>339160296

You can do everything in third person if you want. Imagine it might make shooting difficult, but I played a pure melee character and spent the entire time in third person.
>>
Witcher III is a better game. Played both.
>>
>>339161514
is the combat repetitive?
>>
Depends, either way you're going to be doing copy-pasted missions. But Fallout 4 has locations beyond "another fucking barrel with shit loot" and "town with nothing in it except monsters and loot".
Don't let people fool you into thinking Witcher 3's story is good either. Fallout's is awful but you'd hardly prefer "Muh Ciri" as a plot.
>>
>>339159056
Fallout 4 was really fun.
>>
Fallout 4 is okay on a first playthrough, much weaker than NV though imo
However if you try and playthrough it more than once, you instantly recognize how shallow everything is and railroaded you are
>>
>>339161713
Yes, both are repetitive. The repetition sets in for Fallout 4 much faster though. Mostly because W3 doesn't blow its load instantly by giving you power armor and taking out a Deathclaw as your first outing in the wasteland then backing off on challenging scenarios for the rest of the game.
>>
runs really really bad on piss4
>>
Play Witcher 3, don't listen to this samefag
>>339159786
>>339159929
>>
>>339159056
Consoles hell no, you've been warned

PC sure, worth going through at least once while killin' everything and building settlements and thunderdomes for trapped wastelanders to fight to the death (get the season pass)
>>
Can't give an opinion on Witcher 3 cause I'm waiting for the last DLC and patch before I start playing it.

As a Bethdrone since Morrowind, Fallout 4 is... kinda meh.

The shooting mechanics are fairly solid, and can be done just fine in third person. Main problem might be looting small objects in the game world, but you could always quickly switch to first person for that at a press of a button.

Game world is somewhat interesting to explore, but does suffer from Bethesda's case of "wackiness" that kinda ruins it for me at times.

Compared to 3/NV, variety of weapons are kinda limited, but still varied enough on it's own. Perks were also a step back, but would probably be fine for a first time player. The dialogue wheel was also a bad idea, but probably won't bother a first time player.

According to Steam, I have 268 hours in it, which might be about right. I remember really enjoying it my first play thru, only to realize the weaknesses of their weapon variety and perks in the second, which in someways hampers different play styles.

Can't say I was happy with some of the directions Bethesda took Fallout 4, but it was still a solid title for those who just want to have mindless fun instead of planning different builds.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1463227443113.jpg (43 KB, 720x717) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1463227443113.jpg
43 KB, 720x717
well shit. I'll probably end up getting W3 since it's only $30 on psn right now while F4 is probably like $50 used at gamestop.

The wasteland of F4 does look cool though. I'll probably end up buying it sooner or later
>>
>>339162347
>(get the season pass)
Nice try Todd.
>>
>>339162182
Not always, but I have noticed that Far harbor runs incredibly bad with the fog shit. That said Far Harbor is pretty neat I think though I'm only on the memories.
>>
>>339159056
Don't listen to /v/. This is a pretty bad RPG but it's still a fun game.
>>
>>339159470
TW3 is a medieval GTA game pretending, and failing, to be an RPG.
>>
>>339162512
Oh right, you also have settlements that you can collect resources for and build... Which kinda didn't float my boat and they probably over-did it by giving you somewhere between 10-20 different places to let you build at.

If you're playing on console... I guess go with The Witcher 3? I honestly don't know how either plays, but it's probably shit.
>>
>>339162843
You can't steal cars though
>>
>>339159056
Everyone praises Witcher but I can't stand the combat. It functions and it's there but I just hate the hell out of it. Not that it's hard or anything, I just don't care for it. However the story, characters, and sidequests are enjoyable and worth your time.

On the flip side I had more fun with the gameplay of FO4 as far as shooting, modding guns, and building settlements goes. However the story, characters, and side quests aren't all interesting. Some are good and enjoyable with a fun bit of campiness like the pirateship robots, but it's not as good as Witchers.

So I guess would you rather have an entertaining shooter where the story and side characters aren't all interesting even if some are with a dab of RPG elements, or an RPG with more thought put into their characters and interactions with a combat system you may not find all that fun?

Both are worth a try though. Neither have mod support obviously if you're going for just PS4. Which I'd have a fucking pc by now if life didn't keep causing things to break and I didn't need to collect various nicknacks when new things come up.
>>
Fallout has better gameplay that's all that matters in the long run
>>
Fallout 4 is a Borderlands game, then it becomes glue finding simulator once you have a modded out version of each weapon. Not many RPG mechanics left other than your level vs theirs and how much damage you need to give or take because of said level. It plays like a FPS with horrible enemy pathfinding otherwise.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.