[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WHY HAS THERE BEEN NO GAME WITH SABER COMBAT THIS FUCKING GOOD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: Star Wars Jedi Outcast.jpg (162 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Star Wars Jedi Outcast.jpg
162 KB, 1920x1080
WHY HAS THERE BEEN NO GAME WITH SABER COMBAT THIS FUCKING GOOD SINCE?

Seriously Jedi Outcase and Jedi Academy fucking nailed saber combat. I used to play MP for hours having badass saber duels with people.
>>
>>339153706
Because the majority of people are stupid and bought Battlefront
>>
>>339153706
I agree OP
>>
>>339153706
I never quite grasped how the saber fighting in those games were supposed to work, I generally just spammed attack while using force powers.

never bothered with different stances or anything
>>
>>339153706
because meme reverse swording and force powers sell more i guess. While the sword combat in JO was GOAT half of the force powers were shit, TFU has the opposite problem(and it's also a linear boring shit).
>>
>>339156151

Yeah, ditto. Every now and then I ended up doing something cool like boomeranging my second saber around to kill the enemy from behind. Never worked out how I actually did it.
>>
File: Shut up and take my zenny!.jpg (20 KB, 376x273) Image search: [Google]
Shut up and take my zenny!.jpg
20 KB, 376x273
>>339156404
>A game with the force powers of the force unleashed and the saber combat of outcast/academy

FUND IT, FUND IT NOW TAKE MY FUCKING MONEY YOU NIGGER FUCKER
>>
File: ne3Ob_Ey_400x400.jpg (9 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
ne3Ob_Ey_400x400.jpg
9 KB, 400x400
>>339157004
Don't forget who would make it!
>>
>>339157102
DON'T TAKE MY MONEY FUCK OFF

YOU DON'T DESERVE IT
>>
>>339153706
>JO

For the life of me, I could never figure out how the saber combat worked in there. JA was easy enough but in JO, I was plain hoping to get lucky to win against those Cortosis armored assholes.
>>
JO/JA were fantastic because they got it right. I'll never understand exactly why not a single Star Wars game has done it since.

Lightsabers literally cut bodies in half effortlessly. They should kill you instantly if you take a clean hit, and they should kill instantly if you can cleanly hit the enemy. (Assuming you're playing on the highest difficulty, or have g_saberrealisticcombat on) It made duels intense, because you knew one fuck up and you were done.

Then I go play Force Unleashed, and it takes 5-6 lightsaber hits to kill a stormtrooper? Please.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.