[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There should be a Sonic MMO.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: image0002.jpg (176 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image0002.jpg
176 KB, 1920x1080
Basically a license to print money. I can't fathom why SEGA hasn't done this, they are really missing out on a huge opportunity. I think a properly done Sonic MMO could be the second biggest MMO in the world after World Of Warcraft.

Imagine a game set on Mobius, with characters able to take either control of the resistance, playing as their own version of Sonic, Tails, Knuckles or many of the other heroes...

OR

Players can serve the evil Dr. Eggman, becoming a robotic minion or playing as Shadow (for example) and fighting against the Resistance.

There could be monthly "wars" between the two factions. I honestly think SEGA doesn't want to make money because a Sonic MMO would be an amazing game and a HUGE hit.

Would you guys want to play a Sonic MMO?
>>
>its a pokemon mmo episode featuring sonic

Just as retarded.
>>
File: AwnCJ5MCAAAhvks.jpg (45 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
AwnCJ5MCAAAhvks.jpg
45 KB, 500x375
>Implying it wouldn't just turn into a cesspool of ERP and autism because the Sonic fandom is fucked in the head
>>
>>339151623
sounds like cash-making cow on paper.
not sure about reality
>>
I think this is a terrible idea. The sonic franchise doesn't belong to people who can pull this off.
>>
>>339151623
The community is the most important part of ANY multiplayer game. And the Sonic fanbase is absolutely autistic.
>>
>>339151623
>character creator that lets you make your own donut steel
>cash shop to buy cosmetics for your donut steel
They'd make a lot of money off autists but I don't know if there are enough Sonic autists to sustain it for any considerable amount of time
>>
>>339152032

That's not entirely true because not everybody who plays an mmo is interested in the community. If a game wouldn't be enjoyable playing it totally alone, its not a good mmo.

I don't think it could be done with sonic unless you straight up ripped ToonTown's code
>>
sanic ball is the closet you'll get

http://gamejolt.com/games/sanicball-alpha-v0-7/17385
>>
>>339151623
>Would you guys want to play a Sonic MMO?
>interacting with Sonic fans

Under no circumstances.
>>
where do you MMO retards come from
>>
>>339152280
>If a game wouldn't be enjoyable playing it totally alone, its not a good mmo.

That makes no fucking sense.
>>
File: detroit.jpg (119 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
detroit.jpg
119 KB, 1280x720
let's not and say we did
>>
>>339151623
>MMOs are filled with ERP degenerates who love playing the races that are the most furry
>Sonic has a huge autistic following that love creating OC and roleplaying

No
>>
>>339152626

Your gameplay should be good enough that you're not paying to use an over glorified IRC
>>
>>339152094
>>339152094
How many "google your name + the hedgehog" threads have there been? I think they could last for a very long time.
>>
>>339151623
>Sonic
>huge hit
ok
>>
>>339152785
So basically, no MMO has any excuse for being an MMO, is what you're telling me.
>>
>>339151714
>implying a Pokemon MMO wouldn't be amazing!
>>
File: 1459811630085.jpg (39 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1459811630085.jpg
39 KB, 500x375
>>339153136
>!
>>
>>339152032
That's why it would print money.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.