[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>no unique belt buckle because Nate "grew out of it"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 187
Thread images: 31
File: Uncharted-4-Nate-and-Sully.jpg (365 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Uncharted-4-Nate-and-Sully.jpg
365 KB, 1920x1080
>no unique belt buckle because Nate "grew out of it"
>no Donut Drake because someones feelings might get hurt
>no Nate's Theme 4.0 because TLoU menu is so much more depressing
>no Chloe because she's too sexy and would hurt all that fantastic relationship drama with Elena
>no ghost pirates because that wouldn't be realistic
>no Alcazar who lands on the island, joins the hunt for the treasure with his own private army and starts a war with Shoreline while Nate finds himself in between the two sides because Alcazar never existed and was only in the story to create more drama

Neil "Israel" Druckmann was right in getting Amy fired. I mean she was clearly holding the series back with her adventure should be fun attitude. Fuck fun.

The jew knows that a very slow pace with little to no combat encounters and set-pieces are exactly what people expect from Uncharted and that the real strength lies in the climbing, drama and cutscenes (which have doubled from previous games).
>>
Seriously, who wants to hear crap like this when you start a game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkPF5UiDi4g

Shit is retarded.
>>
>no Nate's Theme 4.0
It played during the opening and ending credits, and the motif was woven into practically every song in the game.
>>
>>339150169
I hear they're doing a Chloe and cutter story for the DLC.
>>
File: 65436534.jpg (72 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
65436534.jpg
72 KB, 720x540
g-g-g-ghost pirates!?
>>
>>339150565
This, the music is still there it just doesn't play at the start screen (which is a fucking tragedy).

If they wanted calm and eerie, fine. But Nates theme 4.0 should have replaced it once you finished the game.
>>
File: 1449708276439.png (254 KB, 548x545) Image search: [Google]
1449708276439.png
254 KB, 548x545
>>339150867
This

>game ends
>main menu is still devoid of life

This isn't TLOU
>>
File: Cuckman 1.webm (2 MB, 940x529) Image search: [Google]
Cuckman 1.webm
2 MB, 940x529
>>339150169
>no Donut Drake because someones feelings might get hurt
I find this one just bizarre. Are there really that many fat men in the fat acceptance bullshit?
>>
>fun
Fuck off, kid, videogames are art. Art is supposed to reflect real life issues and make you think about stuff, its not supposed to be fun, you plebian scum
>>
>>339150867
>>339150565
The version in 4 is shit though.

And the opening credits don't show up until like 4 chapters into the game which is just fucking retarded.
>>
>>339151098
like finding literal pirate treasure?
>>
>>339150169
>>no unique belt buckle because Nate "grew out of it"
Who fucking cairs?

>>no Donut Drake because someones feelings might get hurt
You got a point there.

>>no Nate's Theme 4.0 because TLoU menu is so much more depressing
But there is. You should play the game, Mr. Shitposter.

>>no Chloe because she's too sexy and would hurt all that fantastic relationship drama with Elena
There is literally no reason for CHloe to show up aside from fanservice. Drake hasn't talked to her for years, and they didn't really need her since they got Sully.
Besides, opjectively speaking: Elena >>>>>>>> Chloe

>>no ghost pirates because that wouldn't be realistic
>people complain about supernatural stuff in every Uncharted
>remove supernatural stuff
>waaaaaaaaaaaah we like supernatural stuff waaaaaaaaaahhhh

>>no Alcazar who lands on the island, joins the hunt for the treasure with his own private army and starts a war with Shoreline while Nate finds himself in between the two sides because Alcazar never existed and was only in the story to create more drama
Nice shitty anime-tier plot, faggot. The twist was great. Fuck off.

>Neil "Israel" Druckmann was right in getting Amy fired. I mean she was clearly holding the series back with her adventure should be fun attitude. Fuck fun.
While Neil is indeed a faggot, Amy is a hack. I would take a talented SJW over a talentless hack. Amy has directed the worst Uncharted games and was responsible for the shitty Uncharted 3 story which was dark and not "fun adventure" at all.

>The jew knows that a very slow pace with little to no combat encounters and set-pieces are exactly what people expect from Uncharted and that the real strength lies in the climbing, drama and cutscenes (which have doubled from previous games).
You clearly haven't played the game. Uncharted 4 has as many climbing/shooting sections as the previous games.

Also, >>>/pol/
>>
>>339151092
>Are there really that many fat men in the fat acceptance bullshit?
nah, but they don't want fat women to get their fat, greasy fucking tits twisted or something. you know, people who probably aren't playing the game in the first place unless they're neets or something, and in that case they probably don't care either.
>>
>>339150565
It was a halfassed melodramatic version of the theme, but then again most of the music was extremely forgettable because it was by the guy who scored Captain America.
>>
>>339151092
I don't think anyone cared really. Even fat guys liked Donut Drake. It's just Kikemann going sjw on the rest of the team who actually made a full Donut Drake.

Also, Nadine is such a shit character.
>>
>>339151373
This man of jewish faith is clearly upset someone doesn't like his game.
>>
File: 1458979897491.gif (1 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
1458979897491.gif
1 MB, 320x180
>>339151098
>there are dipshits that actually think this about art let alone videogames
English majors need to be purged
>>
The belt buckle, Chloe's letter, all of chapter 4 actually, create context. Context that should be very apparent. Nate is done fortune hunting, and has been for the past few years, but he still has the itch. http://youtu.be/oXXooVa42ZY

The ghost pirates it any supernatural aspect would've hurt the story, actually. It's about Nate and his brother and their varying levels of lust for treasure, which parallels that of Avery and Tew centuries prior. It's a more personal story. Unless you want to count Guybrush from Monkey Islamd existing in the universe as Uncharted for some reason as supernatural

Chloe and Cutter are in multiplayer, nates theme is in both credits, but I agree about Alcarez. Nadine is the weakest element of 4 and they should've just replaced her with Alcarez altogether, especially since at any time Nate or Sully could've looked into him and found out he was dead.
>>
>>339151373
>Amy is a hack
Amy is a great writer just not a great comedy writer. Putting her on Uncharted was stupid but removing her when they were seriousing the fuck up was insane.
>>
>>339151473
What the fuck they didn't use the same guy from the previous ones?
>>
>>339151373
>The people complaining about supernatural stuff are the same people complaining about its absence
Its almost like there are people with different opinions on things
>>
>>339151997
You couldn't tell from how shitty it was?
>>
>>339150169
That was actually one of my first thoughts when U4 tried going for hyper realism.

>Wasn't U1 and 2 almost cartoony Indiana Jones?
>>
There is not a single memorable track in U4's soundtrack, meanwhile in 2009 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhwB43-UCaQ
>>
>>339152326
>hyper realism
>uncharted

>Oh no! It doesn't have bouncing anime boobs and 1000 year old underage monster girls! It's 2real4me!
>>
I haven't played Uncharted 4 yet, but what I'm hearing so far is that a lot of people are disappointed with it.

As someone who really enjoyed Uncharted 2 (one of my favourite games desu), but didn't really like Uncharted 3, do you think I would like this game?

Also, I liked The Last of Us more than Uncharted 3, but didn't think it was anywhere near as good as Uncharted 2.
>>
>>339152326
>>Wasn't U1 and 2 almost cartoony Indiana Jones?
Indiana Jones was pretty cartoony already.
>>
I think people who enjoyed Uncharted should try Dreadfall Adventures, I played it hoping for something more like Necrovision, so I didn't like it a lot, but it felt like an FPS Indiana Jones with a dickhead protag with one liners and a lot of spooky scary supernatural stuff. I thought that was the vibe Uncharted was going for.
>>
>>339152624
It's pretty good, better than 3 and even 1. I would say it's equal to 2 in some ways but worse in others
>>
>>339152474
>i want video games to be a serious art medium

kill yourself, my man
>>
>>339152474
>(you)
>>
>>339150169
What 'belt buckle' are you talking about? I don't remember this from the other uncharted games.
>>
File: 1428334313429.jpg (41 KB, 784x522) Image search: [Google]
1428334313429.jpg
41 KB, 784x522
>>339152624
It's really damn good

But the decisions they did on some of the stuff you'd expect from an Uncharted game is somewhat baffling
>>
>>339152796
I'm saying it's not hyper realism you turbo dweeb. Fucking TLoU is more "hyper realism" than uncharted 4, and it had fucking zombies in it
>>
>>339152624
I kinda disliked most of UC3, but I would still rate it higher than UC4. Although the mp in UC4 is better.

I also liked TLoU and Kikemann clearly applied a lot of TLoU shit to UC4 which is not fitting at all.
>>
>>339152918
I meant it's hyper realistic compared to 2 where you find magic tree sap that makes you bulletproof and then kills the bulletproof final boss, while in 4 Drake gets beat by a single women since she's a trained mercenary as if Drake's never fought one before.
>>
>>339152624
I feel the same way as you about the other ND games. I have played UC4, and I fucking loved it. It's even better than 2 in most regards
>>
File: 1439687667585.png (204 KB, 454x375) Image search: [Google]
1439687667585.png
204 KB, 454x375
2 is the best and complete Uncharted experience
4 is better than 2 in some parts but is somewhat lacking in terms of the series's essence
3 is like 2 except it doesn't make sense

Debate me
>>
wasn't drake also from south america?

they retconned that as well
>>
>>339153171
That's just shitty writing because Nadine is a shitty character, but you're still mowing down trained soldiers, exploring dormant caves that should have poisonous fumes, surviving pitfalls to the point you get annoyed anything Nate touches starts to crumble, etc.
>>
>>339152449
So good. The music in 4 is absolute shit.
>>
>>339152624
I am in the same position as you and I really didn't like it. Quite boring, mostly walking/climbing sim
>>
>>339153171
>while in 4 Drake gets beat by a single women since she's a trained mercenary as if Drake's never fought one before.

Drake's also taken millions of bullets, but nobody complained when Flynn shot him in the gut in Uncharted 2.

Also, almost any time Nathan engages in fisticuffs with a bad guy, there's almost always some environmental advantage that pushes things in Nate's favor, such as a weight getting attached to their foot.
>>
File: 1458798313326.png (220 KB, 531x700) Image search: [Google]
1458798313326.png
220 KB, 531x700
>dialogue options featured prominently in the first few chapters of the game
>completely disappears after
>>
>>339153309
No, if anything it just makes 3's intro feel off because Sam wasn't written as a character at the time yet was supposed to be with Nate every step of the way until his presumed death.
>>
>>339153309
you mean the stuff from 3? he was there tracking down Francis Drakes shit, the orphanage/boarding school whatever is mentioned well prior to 4
>>
>>339150867
>>339151060
they removed the blaring start screen music because it was FUCKING ANNOYING

I enjoyed that music as much as anyone but I dont want the game making a racket until I'm actually playing it
>>
>>339153741
There is a fine line between iconic and annoying anon

Shit's supposed to hype you up, the dead silence thing was fitting for TLOU, not so much for this game
>>
>>339153392
But the fact they try to squeeze it in is what bothers me. He can still do all the stuff from his past games, but then they try to make him also seem older and tired for the realism part.
>>
File: BeltBuckle-TQ.jpg (52 KB, 498x259) Image search: [Google]
BeltBuckle-TQ.jpg
52 KB, 498x259
>>339152863
This shit. He had a different one in each game. In 4 it's just a normal belt and him saying he's grown up or some shit like that. His attitude is completely different in 4.
>>
>>339153520
the explanation is that nate is supremely lucky and that none of those bullets are ever more than minor flesh wounds except for the final one that kills you
>>
>>339153902
because there was orignally never supposed to be a 4th game, duh
>>
>>339150306
Such an awesome song.
>>
>>339153902
Because he settled down and stopped adventuring, duh
>>
>>339153920
all the bullets turned to shit
>>
File: image.png (328 KB, 680x634) Image search: [Google]
image.png
328 KB, 680x634
It really lacked the fun adventure feel and felt like it was telling the audience "Now those adventures were fun, but it's time to grow up and settle down now".
>>
>>339153864
I don't care if it's iconic or not, I don't want it playing as soon as you boot up the game; at least not until you press the start button.
>>
>>339154310
Underrated post
>>
File: 1461474883166.gif (140 KB, 379x440) Image search: [Google]
1461474883166.gif
140 KB, 379x440
My main problem is that TLoU bled WAY too heavily into the game. It's the least Uncharted game out of the bunch. Also, fuck Cuckmann.

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/news/uncharted-4-director-neil-druckmann-on-nathan-drake-sexism-in-games-20160524
>>
>>339151092
Whoever made this has clearly never seen an actual fight between a man and woman. There's a reason MMA and UFC have separate brackets for sex.
>>
>>339153527
Because it was there to give you the illusion of gameplay since the first 8 chapters are beyond slow.
>>
>>339153305
If U3 did anything right was the OST.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OO7kW_-u2y0
Small Beginnings is probably my favourite track.
Jeez, each OST does a great job and is clearly inspired by the setting, except U4 of course because fuck you entitled fucks I guess.
>>
>>339154571
>why it's wrong to think of Uncharted 4 as "fun"

Why do jews have to ruin everything?
>>
>>339154637
They also went through vents
>>
>>339154637
Spoilers they are fighting in a crumbling building, Nate and Sam just want to get out quickly, but the retard character that is Nadine is not listening and just want to ape their shit up.
>>
File: 1456028287903.gif (2 MB, 500x391) Image search: [Google]
1456028287903.gif
2 MB, 500x391
>>339151092
God, Nadine was such a bullshit character. Remove her from the story and literally nothing would change. She's only there to give a face to the Shoreline mercs. I was so fucking pissed off when she just leaves and gets off scot-free.
>>
File: 1439325103689.jpg (117 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1439325103689.jpg
117 KB, 720x960
>He's a mashup of obvious influences (one part Lara Croft, two parts Indiana Jones) who transcends genre cliches, thanks to strong acting, impeccable animation, and smart writing.

>"Fun" is such an interesting word. We took it off our focus tests. It was just a weird word that people were getting hung up on.

>It used to be, "How fun did you find this level?" Now it says, "Overall, how would you rate this level?" And one is "did not like" and five is "liked a lot."

>It becomes less about, "Did I have fun? Did I have an interesting challenge?" and more about, "Did I like it?" And I hope people interpret that as, "Was I engaged? Would I recommend it?" All of a sudden the focus-test scores improved dramatically.

Everytime I read articles about this game, I never actually see the words "gameplay". It's also cinematic, writing, acting, etc, but never anything about the fucking game itself. It really is just an interactive movie, isn't it?

Also:
>People kept saying our game wasn't fun, so we removed it as an option for critique.

This is our industry, folks.
>>
>>339155218
With fucking millions on top of it.
>>
>>339155461
Kikemann is absolute cancer. I wish Amy had tried to stay and fight these faggots.
>>
Well 4 was bad but fuck 3 was a train wreck and should have had Talbot be the main villain since he was weird and interesting.
>>
I immediately understood that the Alcazar story didn't make any sense. Nathan Drake is a guy who destroyed

-Malaysian pirates
-Some rich millionaire with an army of mercenaries on his back
-An army of genocidal Serbian renegades
-A secret society that plotted to destroy the world
-and now he is giving serious troubles to a South African PMC

why even worry about some drug cartel lord?
>>
File: tou-rea16.jpg (112 KB, 700x990) Image search: [Google]
tou-rea16.jpg
112 KB, 700x990
>>339154571
>In Scotland, you could do a snowball fight. This was actually fully working. You could pick up snow anywhere and throw it at Sam, and he would throw snowballs at you. But tonally, that just felt wrong.

What the fuck is his problem? Brothers have fun and mess with each other by doing shit like that. This would have been great.
>>
>>339157738
Welcome to modern Naughty Dog. It's only gonna get worse. I blame TloU entirely. They hit such critical acclaim with that game and now anything that isn't up to that level of quality isn't worth it to them. That's why UC4 is just TLoU 1.5
>>
>>339157738
Agreed. I just finished reading the article and he seems like such a faggot.

I really liked the snowball idea. Of course we would have to hear more of the mass murder complaints when he goes for a snowball fight with his brother after killing a dozen dudes, but I don't really give a shit. It's a game for fucks sake.
>>
>>339151098
>fun
>art
>mutually exclusive
>>
File: 1437248729153.jpg (85 KB, 622x455) Image search: [Google]
1437248729153.jpg
85 KB, 622x455
>>339150169
>Game has a really strong narrative going
>Brings back all the awesome spectacular setpieces that flow naturally with the level design
>Very fun and joyous adventuring atmosphere, but also some very mature undertones of guilt as Nathan makes very shitty life decisions
>The twist happens, it's not a boogeyman, it's not cursed treasure, it's just someone you love and trust letting you down
>Nathan gets fucked up, is at his lowest point facing the consequences of his actions
>Get flashback that further solidifies Nathan and Sam's relationship dynamic
>Suddenly Elena is there and everything is ok
>Suddenly you find the treasure and your brother
>Suddenly everything just happens to wrap up in a nice tidy bow

I'm not against happy endings, but the last part of the game doesn't feel like it arises naturally from the rest of it
>>
>>339152043
The supernatural stuff was the best stuff about Uncharted.

It was the payout. It made the games interesting.

Sure, it makes sense that a pirate treasure cove wouldn't be the same as fucking Shangrila but it would've been nice to have something.
>>
If you watch the making of uc4 they specifically say they toned down the action set pieces to shoe horn tlou type dram in to "create a balance of the two".

That over the top serious shit really hurt the game imo. Save that shit for tlou it didnt belong in uc. There were lots of things i liked about uc4 and lots of things i didnt.

+swing rope
+rafe fight
+the few action set pieces there were great
+incredible graphics
+sam was a great character

-no supernatural element like uc2
-nadine was a shit character
-fucking ruined MP
-too much climbing
-bringing back those conviniently placed last of us garbage crates with wheels that totally didnt make sense in this world
-huge loophole how no one bothered to check to see if alcazar is even alive.
-cant use analog stick when playing crash

Uc2 > uc3 > uc4 > uc
>>
>>339161308
I agree, but I think the only bad thing about the MP is the lack of content. Waiting till atutmn for the fucking coop? Jew move ND, even if it's free.
>>
File: 1463371270133.jpg (336 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1463371270133.jpg
336 KB, 1920x1080
>>339150169
>>no Nate's Theme 4.0
This is the biggest issue with the game aside from Sam's existence. Sprinkling it in with some other songs wasn't good enough. The game wasn't nearly as depressing as the music made it out to be.
>>
>>339162320
>Waiting till atutmn for the fucking coop?
I still can't believe that bullshit. Some of the most fun I've had was in the co-op. Made a ton of great friends too.
>>
>>339162320
Is it free tho? I thought nd went full jew and was go na male us pay for it.

Wtf happened to survival? Are we gonna have to pay for that shit too!?
>>
File: Uncharted-4-Roadmap-453x700.jpg (119 KB, 453x700) Image search: [Google]
Uncharted-4-Roadmap-453x700.jpg
119 KB, 453x700
>>339163326
>>
It's weird. The game is probably the longest in the series and yet the shortest when you really look at it. No wonder there is a speedrun trophy.
>>
>>339163982
>and yet the shortest when you really look at it.
Way fewer combat sequences in order to push more story.
>>
>>339150306
I may not like Uncharted but I can't deny how awesome and "adventure" a theme like this is.
>>
>>339164261
Adventure is for faggots. We're making serious art and drama now.
>>
>>339155461
>people were giving our game bad fun ratings
>so we just changed the requirements

Woooww
>>
>>339157738
But anon, when you have a serious mission of looking for some dumb treasure because your brother lied to you there is NO time for fun.

Fucking Witcher 3 had a snowballing minigame and that game's plot at that point was literally about saving the entire world from certain destruction.

I'm sick of hack writers who think dramatic storytelling can only be created if you mimic The Road and Children of Men as much as possible.
>>
>>339152474

You're a dumbass. Of course you would relate it to sexual content as an example. Have you even played the games? The supernatural shit was pretty damn fun.
>>
>>339150169
Tell me familia, does the best character Eddie Raja come back to life in his game?
>>
File: 1458872528241.jpg (134 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1458872528241.jpg
134 KB, 512x512
>>339150169
The belt buckle thing I actually get because Nate is trying to settle down and be an adult. The game's entire story arc is that he can't and in the end finds a way to still go on adventures, but slightly less illegal ones. But, at the time he's trying to act all grown-up, hence no belt buckle.

Lack of donut Drake is fucking retarded. Sam comments on Drake being heavy a couple of times anyway. Donut Drake offended no one and it was a stupid decision to not have it.

Same with the title screen. Finishing the game and going back to that, boring shit, fuck that.

Being that this is for real the last Uncharted, there's no reason not tot at least have a cameo with Chloe or some mention of her at the very least. And the drama with Elena was retarded because one second she's, understandably furious at Nate, and then after 2 hours rolling around in this dangerous island they're all happy kissy-kissy again for no reason other than Nate was a dick and played dead?

The lack of anything supernatural is one of my biggest gripes about U4. I kept expecting cursed treasure or ghost pirates or fucking something. OR some kind of tweest like OP mentioned with Alcazar. This game was so straight forward. The only surprise was Sam is a liar, which only a mental invalid couldn't see coming from 10 thousand miles away.

But I liked the new gameplay elements.
>>
>>339165307
Nope, but he's playable in MP

For 500 Naughty Dog Funbux, which for reference is the ENTIRETY of what you get with the $20 more Limited Edition
>>
File: 1347912608443.gif (3 MB, 250x167) Image search: [Google]
1347912608443.gif
3 MB, 250x167
>>339151092
Not really. I liked playing as Donut Drake and I'm fat. Then again I actually have a sense of humor and aren't some thin skinned robot trying to cash in on the oppression bandwagon.
>>
>>339163612
So if all this dlc is free why is there like a deluxe dlc edition you can buy? Is this seperate from the upcoming paid dlc?
>>
>>339165307
Only in the mp.

I'm still mad they killed him in the first game. Fucking loved that guy. Meanwhile Nadine in 4 is an atrocious character that literally contributes to nothing, beats you up twice and at the end gets away with a sizeable chunk of the treasure.
>>
>>339150169
>No ghost pirates.
Wait, really? When they're hunting for a pirate treasure? Is there at least some paranormal sort of thing that pops up? The reason I liked Uncharted was more for exploring these old forgotten areas hunting treasures and dealing with shit that time forgot. The gunplay is adequate in what it's for but it was never the major point for me. Hell Indiana Jones uses his gun what, once? For a humorous scene.

Does this one at least have more exploration and climbing? I assume a lot of it is just waist high cover shooting though.
>>
I fucking hate the pacing in this game. Sure they were always "cinematic games", but U4 is way more story first than any of the previous ones.

It's paced like a movie, meaning that the entire first half is build up and exposition, barely any gameplay. But the second half becomes a total shooting gallery because that's were they put the actual game.

The gameplay is a total slave to the story, it's only allowed to be a game when the story allows for it. This was the case in The Last of Us too but here it's 10 times more noticeable and annoying.
>>
>>339165505
I got him from one of the relic buys. The system ain't so bad. You can get all the characters pretty quickly just playing the mp. The weapons is what annoys me.
>>
>>339165592
I'm guessing you still have to unlock the skins and shit.
>>
For the supernatural elements they didn't need to do the whole "the supernatural thing fucked everything up."

Keep the downfall of Libertalia as paranoid pirates fucking things yet put in their ghosts, spirits, whatever to haunt the place after death.

Have Henry Avery be the penultimate boss where you have to use old-timey flintlocks or something to put him down.
>>
>>339165636
There is nothing paranormal at all. The only real weird thing I guess is that the crazy pirate who hoarded all the treasure laid traps (like mummies with bombs in them) and puzzles everywhere.

They added a grappling hook, which is fun as fuck and a sliding mechanic. The gunplay is better and also enemies can lose sight of you so it's not that once you get spotted you just have to fight it out, you can hide and go back into stealth.

The gameplay has been pretty much improved all around, I'd say.
>>
It is the best Uncharted game yet
>>
>>339150169
All that, and the game is still better than Drake's Fortune and Drake's Deception.
>>
>No Chloe
Good. That voice of hers was grating. What an awful character she was.
>>
>>339165614
>>339165505

Fug. Literally no reason to buy the game then. Thanks.
>>
>>339165592
>why is there like a deluxe dlc edition you can buy?
Are you talking about the Triple Pack season pass thing? That gets you the single player DLC and two multiplayer packs.
>>
File: brad pitt with cancer.jpg (31 KB, 400x603) Image search: [Google]
brad pitt with cancer.jpg
31 KB, 400x603
>implying Uncharted ever had good gameplay
>>
>>339152115
The music being shit is exactly why I thought it was the same composer.
>>
>>339166130
Nah. It's better than Golden Abyss at least so I guess that's something.
>>
>>339165592
I think the special edition has like 3 exclusive drakes and the gold paint for the guns.
Best drake is the android game unlockable desu.
>>
>>339166356
Golden Abyss was terrible but still better than Uncharted 1.
>>
>>339161308
>too much climbing
Okay IGN
>>
The game was always trying to be Last of Us 2.

Plus who knew a long deserted island could have so many wheeled crates to solve "puzzles" with.
>>
>>339150169
>>no Nate's Theme 4.0 because TLoU menu is so much more depressing
Fucking WHAT!?
They got rid of the Uncharted theme on the start menu?

Holy shit why?
>>
File: 1449428993239.gif (2 MB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
1449428993239.gif
2 MB, 300x169
>>339166178
>He doesn't like Claudia Black

What is wrong with you?
>>
too much tlou
little uncharted
>>
>>339166224
It does outside of the dramatic climbing bullshit. Only Max Payne 3 and Vanquish were better.
>>
>>339166683
Shit accent. Voice sounds like a 40 year old woman that smokes.
>>
Why the fuck was there so many crates with wheels everywhere? It's like the fucking planks from the Last of Us all over again.
>>
>>339166663
They kind of included it in the title sequence, so people are making a big issue out of nothing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UthveEl6Zv4

Though the title screen is unfitting for the series.
>>
>>339166213
>two multiplayer packs

Yeah thats what im confused about. The image posted says mp co-op packs are free but now there also in the paid dlc?
>>
>>339166663
Because only having a pirate skeleton in a cage on the menu shows you that this is not about fun.
>>
>>339167016
Huh...I didn't actually pay attention to that. Maybe it's a timed thing? That is pretty shitty if they're exclusives.
>>
File: 1437369414459.png (174 KB, 326x472) Image search: [Google]
1437369414459.png
174 KB, 326x472
>>339166931
>theme is changed to sound more dramatic
>game isn't dramatic at all
>complete happy ending where the original adventure theme would be appropriate
>>
>>339154892
"I'm going to let this bitch fuck me up instead of ejecting her ass and getting the fuck out of here"

Quality writing
>>
I dont get why some people have such a problem with the climbing. Would you prefer to walk or drive everywhere, like in every other game? Also it adds a ton of verticality to the combat and really makes you feel like a master thief who can infiltrate anything
>>
>>339167216
Looks like instead of having to unlock all the cosmetic shit it comes already unlocked.
>>
the day naughty dog was "above" doughnut drake was the day they died
>>
>>339167350
The whole soundtrack in general is more dramatic and cliché Hollywood style. And that was no doubt totally intentional.
>>
If this was the first game it would have been fine. It's just so much less than everything that came before it
>>
>>339168036
I'm just really pissed that was only about 3 big set piece moments in the whole game. And every single one was shown off at E3 or in a trailer.
>>
File: sit on something so pretty.gif (853 KB, 245x270) Image search: [Google]
sit on something so pretty.gif
853 KB, 245x270
Favorite moments/scenes from the series

UC1- Going to turn on the power while being hunted by the Descendants. That transition to a survival horror type deal was pretty neat.

UC2- Tied between the train, village under attack and monastery sequences.

UC3- The ship graveyard/boat segments and the bit where Drake stumbles on the guys in the deserted town in the desert.

UC4- I guess the New Devon section at the end with Elena.
>>
WHY CAN'T YOU CHANGE CHARACTER'S COLORS ON THE FUCKING MP REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: Nofun_robot.jpg (59 KB, 448x473) Image search: [Google]
Nofun_robot.jpg
59 KB, 448x473
>>339169505
>>
File: drakeseesaps3game.png (79 KB, 256x274) Image search: [Google]
drakeseesaps3game.png
79 KB, 256x274
So uh, is Uncharted 1 worth playing through? My brother gave me Uncharteds 1-3 basically and all I remember about it is having some sixaxis grenade throwing and seeing some part of a speedrun of it where you glitch through walls to do silly shit
>>
>>339169920
if you are a fan of the series, yes. Just dont try to play it on crushing. Actually play it on normal difficulty, even if you consider yourself good at uncharted. The combat is just tedious on higher difficulty
>>
>>339169920
Why wouldn't it be?
>>
>>339169920
I'm assuming you'd be playing the PS3 version? The controls are a bit stiff and the sixaxis stuff is annoying for sure but it's still a pretty fun time. Also as >>339170164 anon said, play on normal first. Hard and Crushing will just frustrate you.
>>
>>339169920
I replayed all 3 in anticipation for 4. 1 is very much worth playing.
>>
>>339169920
It's worth playing just to see how far the series has come. You'll appreciate the sequels much more once you play through that piece of shit.
>>
Lazarevic >> Rafe >>> Draza >> Talbot >>> Marlowe >>>>>>> Roman > Navarro >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Nadine
>>
>>339170554
Only 2 is an improvement, 3 and 4 are sidesteps at best
>>
>>339166815
https://youtu.be/4UIPFwxPmFc
>>
>>339150707
>they removed Chloe's glorious ass
Literally the worst thing they did
>>
>>339170938
3 and 4 were far better. 1 had the weakest story by far, the worst setpieces, the godawful jet ski shit, the worst gunplay, and that retarded supernatural twist at the end. It's a terrible game and the worst thing Naughty Dog has made.
>>
File: 1279165661008.jpg (15 KB, 293x208) Image search: [Google]
1279165661008.jpg
15 KB, 293x208
>>339171123
>retarded supernatural twist
>>
>>339171123
Hey now, them's harsh words in a world where Jak X exists.
>>
>>339171316
It would have been fine if it hadn't come out of nowhere. You need to build up to that kind of thing, not just spring it on people out of nowhere. Even without the twist it was still a shit game.
>>
>>339171123
I meant that 2 is an improvement to 1, but 3 and 4 aren't improvements to 2
>>
>>339154637
This would make sense if Nate was a trained fighter. At best, he's a bar brawler, and he's sloppy as fuck. Without the element of surprise, or some underhanded tactic, he always ends up on his ass.
>>
>>339150169
I agree, the last 3-4 hours set in that boring chucklefuck of a jungle with nothing but climbing and """"EXPLORING DEEP RELATIONSHIPS""" was SO FUCKING BORING. I loved the first half of the game, but took a complete nosedive. Why is the inevitable next step in every franchise to make it dark and gritty? EVERY TIME? Fucking hell, stop.
>>
>>339171468
Christ, I forgot about that turd. Okay, Uncharted 1 isn't nearly that bad. I take it back.

>>339171584
Oh I agree then. 2 was a huge jump in quality and 3 and 4 saw the series slide back down a bit.
>>
>>339171482
>you need to see it coming from a mile away so you don't give a shit when it finally happens
ok
>>
>>339161308
Crash 1 didn't support the analog stick. I'm actually glad they kept that.
>>
File: like father like son.png (63 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
like father like son.png
63 KB, 625x626
>>339171123

>>339171482
>It would have been fine if it hadn't come out of nowhere. You need to build up to that kind of thing, not just spring it on people out of nowhere.
Except it was built up if you paid attention. Uncharted 2 and 3 you expected it because the first game did it.
>>
>>339150169
Uncharted 2> The Last of Us> Uncharted 4> Uncharted 1> Uncharted 3
>>
>>339171834
>>339171847
The twist in Uncharted 1 was every bit as awful as aliens in Indiana Jones.
>>
>>339171612
>Grab woman by her legs
>Lift her up and slam her onto the ground
>Fight over
>>
>>339172003
Uncharted 1 had the best twist. Uncharted 3's twist was absolutely awful.
>>
>>339157738
just imagine if this had happened before
>In the town you could pet yaks but tonally that just felt wrong.
>>
>>339171612
That might work if the game portrayed him that way consistently, but when he's overpowering and slaughtering thousands of mercenaries with ease and then gets his ass kicked (along with his brother) by a single fairly thin female there's a weird disconnect, much like when new Lara Croft freaks out over killing someone and then guns down hundreds more three minutes later.
>>
>>339172003
that TWIST in Uncharted 1 is the only reason 1 is good/memorable and the rest are shit. I played 2 because I liked 1, but it was exactly the same, except shittier. Like >>339171847
said, you expected it and saw it coming a mile away, so it was forgettable.

I dropped the series after playing 2 and it looks like I was still right to do so.
>>
>>339150169
>get rid of Greg Edmonson and hire Henry Hackman simply because Hackman is mainstream hollywood, despite the only thing he's actually does better than Edmonson is electronic shit, while Edmonson is much better than Hackman in terms of orchestral shit.
>>
>>339172776
2 was better in every single way. But keep enjoying shit games while avoiding good ones, I guess.
>>
File: 1460860385618.jpg (24 KB, 311x377) Image search: [Google]
1460860385618.jpg
24 KB, 311x377
>>339154571
>You've said in the past that you've been influenced by Anita Sarkeesian's Feminist Frequency videos and the larger conversation about diversity and representation in games. How did that affect Uncharted 4?

>When I'm introducing and describing a new character to our lead character concept artist, constantly she will ask, "What if it was a girl?" And I'm like, "Oh, I didn't think about that. Let me think, does that affect or change anything? No? Cool, that's different. Yeah, let's do it."

>Initially, in the epilogue, it was Nate's son. Something similar happened with the mansion they go into. That was an old English guy's house. She asked, "Well, what if it was a woman?"

I want off this ride.
>>
>>339150782
They're pirate ghosts you dum fuck
>>
Nadine's purpose in the game is so shoehorned in it feels like a developer at naughty dog had to reenact their interracial bdsm fetish into the game.
>>
>>339169190

Uncharted 4 best section was maylasai I think with chasing after your brother by commandeer vehicles and evading the assault van.
>>
>>339172051
Yeah, this would work if she wasn't clearly well trained.
>>339172495
I agree that it creates a disconnection, and feels pretty hamfisted, but I like having the rival that comes out on top. They could have done a much better job, and the scene where they both get their ass kicked felt a little misdirected. But him losing a fist fight with a trained fighter? I don't see the problem. He would have lost a few fights if he didn't pull some shit out of the bag.
>>
File: 1458521960085.gif (912 KB, 240x176) Image search: [Google]
1458521960085.gif
912 KB, 240x176
>No nates theme 4.0

Wait youre kidding about that right?
>>
>>339173913
>chasing after your brother by commandeer vehicles
I probably would have liked that section more if it hadn't been done twice already.
>>
File: 1311147546114.png (1 MB, 826x738) Image search: [Google]
1311147546114.png
1 MB, 826x738
>>339150169
Uncharted is most aggressively mediocre video game series of the past decade bud. Why even get your hopes up to begin with?
>>
>>339174013
Nope, there's a different theme (in fairness, it isn't bad, but definitely not iconic or memorable) and there's no music playing on the main menu at all. Different composer from the other 3 games.
>>
>>339151373
>opjectively speaking: Elena >>>>>>>> Chloe
Elena seems boring to me imo
>>
>>339174378
No, that would Assassin's Creed.
>>
>>339176210

Brotherhood and Black Flag are actually fairly solid
>>
>>339150707
Here's hoping they do a heist or something where Chloe, Cutter, Elaina, Sully, Jake, and Nate rob Shoreline, and you finally get to beat Nadine's ass.
>>
how come everyone hates Chloe?
>>
>>339150306
This is one of my favorite game themes ever faggot. Love the trumpet.
>>
>>339176795
I don't see how Black Flag is any better than 3. The gameplay is as repetitive and shallow as ever (including the ship parts), the world is a lifeless checklist, and the story is fractured and uninteresting
>>
Uncharted 3 had the best soundtrack of the franchise.
>>
>>339178034
along with the best set-pieces
>>
>>339150169
>xqueers still triggered by /v/

wew lad
>>
>>339151373
Literally you have to wait at least 3 hours to find it.
>>
>>339178237
The problem is that Amy Hennig got obsessed with them, and anything else in the game, including the story, was just flimsily thrown together to get you from one set piece to the next
>>
>>339178034
Seriously though, Uncharted 2 Reunion is still my favorite score of the series, but U3 was overall more consistent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzM3mCQgMoU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijBu8DT3kh4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYxML5BokwM
Thread replies: 187
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.