[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yep, it's that time of day again Love it or hate it, most
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: wowe.jpg (15 KB, 225x224) Image search: [Google]
wowe.jpg
15 KB, 225x224
Yep, it's that time of day again

Love it or hate it, most signs point to the Sonic 25th game either being Adventure 3 or being heavily inspired by the Adventure games. With that being said, what can SEGA and Sonic Team do to make it not actually shit?

HARD MODE: no "let him die" and "sonic was never good"
>>
take no inspiration whatsoever from the big the cat stages
>>
Honestly, Adventure has the perfect formula for 3D Sonic. A balance between platforming and speed, along some momentum-based physics.

If Adventure don't use the boost system, and uses the Adventure system instead, I would look forward for it.
>>
Just don't have it be a buggy mess. They need to go for polish. That's all that most Sonic games fuck up.
>>
Every character is just slightly modified Sonic gameplay.
>>
>>339146756
I think a decent 3D Sonic should be controlled similar to a car in a racing game, mixed with platforming elements and obstacle-dodging.

I mean, as fast as Sonic runs, tilting up on the joystick to make him move forward just seems obsolete. His speed should be controlled with an analog trigger while using the control stick to turn him.

Map a drifting function to the face buttons, and give Sonic large worlds to explore where he only takes up a small part of the screen.
>>
>>339146756

'06 was Adventure 3.
>>
File: (you).jpg (52 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
(you).jpg
52 KB, 612x380
>>339147243
And Sonic & Knuckles, Knuckles Chaotix, 3D Blast, Sonic Advance and Sonic Adventure could all fight for the rights to be """"""Sonic 4"""""" but that didn't stop SEGA from making a game with that title anyway

Your bullshit technicalities will not stand in the way of a golden marketing opportunity. Heroes, 06 and Unleashed all had elements of "Sonic Adventure 3" but you sure as dicks know they're going to make one anyway

But you knew that already and just wanted to get rabid adventurefags to hand over their (You)'s, didn't you
>>
>>339146756
I'll confess. I'm still a die hard Sonic fag nothing that Sega makes can make me hate this character, but if they are going to make Sonic Adventure 3 they better outsource some A+ help. That being said they need to go back to the old style of other characters just being sonic with slight differences. Relegate their old adventure play styles to non mandatory side missions or mini games.
>>
File: 1463154788411.webm (3 MB, 400x320) Image search: [Google]
1463154788411.webm
3 MB, 400x320
adventure 3 would take too much effort

we're getting generations 2 with more god awful boost 2 win levels and literal non-existent 2d physics/level design
>>
>>339148184
Iizuka said he doesn't think boost is how modern Sonic should play. We'll probably either get something expiremental again, or a more refined version of Lost World style gameplay if its not Adventure 3.
>>
Colors would be the best formula to follow.
>>
>>339148184
>adventure 3 would take too much effort
I dunno man, all Sonic Team have really worked on since Generations is Lost World and Runners which is a crappy mobile game.

I'm not sure about all of the "A-Team/B-Team" stuff that people spout these days but Lost World had a lot of similarities in it's code and file compression to Colors and the Storybook games but signficantly differed from Generations and Unleashed - implying that Lost World was made by a B-Team and the so-called A-Team has been sat around with their thumbs up their asses since Generations, shitting out nothing except Runners. Plus, I'm fairly sure Iizuka hinted at a new 3D game for PS4/XBone in development AGES ago, I'm talking at least 2014 or earlier

I honestly don't know how things are run within Sonic Team, but to me all signs point towards the fact that the next mainline 3D game has probably been in development for a lot longer than the average Sonic title. Doesn't mean it'll be any good, but to me at least, it signals that it'll probably be it's own thing as opposed to just being the boost formula again or Lost World 2.
>>
>>339149091
Runners from what I've heard was the B team plus some Sega Sport guys.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.