[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Serious question: why does anyone give a shit about overwatch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault.jpg (328 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
328 KB, 1920x1080
Serious question: why does anyone give a shit about overwatch when Tf2 has been out for a decade and is free?

Overwatch has shittier art style, impossible balancing issues due to the number of classes, and maps from gameplay streams look boring and empty as hell

Why is this popular now?
>>
tf2 doesn't pander to horny teenagers and manchildren
>>
>>339146654
If that was the case, so many furries and bronies wouldn't play it
>>
>>339146353
It has MOBA-esque abilities and modern graphics. Also Blizzard is at the helm.
>>
>>339146654
How does this game appeal to horny teens? All the characters look androgynous or homosexual
>>
>>339146909
https://www.google.com/search?q=tracer+ass&tbm=isch
>>
>>339146353
cyberpunk > steampunk

flashy lights and pretty colours look more fun than washed out half life 2 knock-offs.
>>
>impossible balancing issues due to the number of classes

Dota balances over 100 heroes. Overwatch has like 20.
>>
>>339146353
overwatch is tf3
>>
>maps from gameplay streams look boring and empty as hell

well at least you're honest about not having played it.
>>
>>339147467

>dota
>balanced

lol
>>
>>339146353
I'd say it does a good job in making more casual players feel good. You have things like eliminations, ultimates, and play of the game. Anyone can feel proud now that they got the PotG when they pressed q into a group of enemies.
>>
it's easier to play and has waifu and husbando bait
>>
>>339147704
Not an argument.
>>
>>339146353
tf2 lacks update since february it's dead
>>
>>339147787
Yes it is, he's denouncing your claim by saying Dota isn't balanced. By the definition of an argument, he has responded and awaits an argument in turn.

Your post is true only for itself, as it in fact is not arguing anything.
>>
>>339146353
>Tf2 has been out for a decade

You answered yourself.
>>
Vanilla TF2 is better but it's dead
>>
>>339147962
Dota is incredibly well balanced considering how complicated it is.
>>
Because TF2 has been around for a decade and people were ready for something new.
>>
>>339146353
Both games fucking suck right now. Case closed, bitches.
>>
>>339146353
>Serious question: why does anyone give a shit about overwatch when Tf2 has been out for a decade and is free?

Heavy marketing campaigns. Retards buy what they're told to buy.
>>
>>339148168
I actually quit playing the game because I was tired of seeing Spirit Breaker in every other game charging down lane to stunlock somebody to death.

And Ursa soloing Roshan.

But Abaddon was fun as fuck to play against baddies, they healed me more than most supports in other MOBAs.
>>
>>339147732
my eagle master cs go friend is gettin shit on OW, because it isnt balanced, and its so easy

blizz did a great job in this game for casuals, everybody can kill and to win is 50/50 always, no skill involved
>>
Tf2 community is absolute shit to the point it affects your enjoyment of the game. Just last week i learned what "friendlies" are. Fuck em
>>
>>339148473
Pretty much. Aim doesn't mean shit when you have things like flashbang and freeze. Also widowmaker is easy af to play compared to tf2 sniper its ridiculous.
>>
TF2 hasn't been good since about 2011 and has been outright unbearable since about 2012.

OW feels like the good ol days of TF2, at least to me.
>>
>>339148296
how does tf2 suck? community is not an argument
>>
>>339148473
Or maybe your mate is just shithouse at MOBA games?
>>
>>339148470
>I actually quit playing the game because I was tired of seeing Spirit Breaker in every other game charging down lane to stunlock somebody to death.
So many heroes counter SB it's not even funny.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.