[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone here tried out the HTC Vive? Is it compatible with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
Has anyone here tried out the HTC Vive?

Is it compatible with everything the rift is with? Any pros/cons I should know about?

Thinking about selling my revolver (roughly same value) and getting one
>>
Alternatively, I'd like to hear about people experiences with the rift too
>>
I have a Vive. It's incredibly cool for the first 2 weeks but now i have not touched it for a month.
>>
>>339141598
about how long did it take to ship?
>>
>have a single revolver that you have to buy ammo for, clean and maintain

>or have infinite virtual guns
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7T42-FIphKM
>>
>>339141861
>implying it's anywhere CLOSE to the real thing
fag who hasn't shot a gun in his life detected
>>
You can't defend your home with a Vive.
Don't be a beta bitch OP.
>>
>>339142043
I have half a dozen guns
>>
>>339141057
You have a revolver worth $800?

Sell it, get a Vive, get a proper HD gun
>>
>>339142407
yeah it's a S&W 686 .357

I have other guns

Does anyone know if you can use the Vive like an occulus and sit at your chair with a gamepad or do you have to use the motion tracking thingalings
>>
>>339142705
The Vive right now supersedes the Oculus in every way, and yes seated experiences it can handle perfectly well

Look up ReVive - lets you use the actual Oculus store as if you had one
>>
>>339142887
Awesome. Any idea how long it takes to ship?
>>
>>339142995
Since you're in the US (fuck your guns freedoms)

Probably get your shipping notes within a week
>>
>>339143135
Sweet. I guess I'll start looking for someone who wants a rooty tooty point and shooty

thanks everyone
>>
>>339141057
I fucking hate these 1st gen things

they're literally a mobile phone screen attached to a flat surface and binocul-o-vision which creates chromatic abberation along with shit image quality where you can count the pixels along, with extremely low FOV to boot - not to fucking mention all the wires you have to carry up your face, because the tech isn't there to stream it wirelessly

it's like 3d all over again, except at least, this tech has more opportunities to evolve, whereas you're still forced to watch 3d movies through brightness/contrast-dimming lenses in the cinemas
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.