[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Doom Slayer can kick Master Chief ass.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 5
File: Untitled-1.jpg (659 KB, 1000x613) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
659 KB, 1000x613
The Doom Slayer can kick Master Chief ass.
>>
>>339122787

>the same character can defeat the same character

Oh boy let's debate guys there's a lot of layers here
>>
>>339122787
They wouldn't fight at all.
>>
>>339122787
Didn't Meme guy die and go to hell only to be imprisoned and eventually freed from some sort of coffin thing? Wouldn't that make him immortal?
>>
Why is this a question? The doom guy is infinitly more brutal and quick reacting than master chief and would make an embarrassment out of the covenent
>>
>>339123727
He went to hell, killed a shit ton of demons and the equivalent of a demon god before getting knocked unconscious for awhile. Then he got released and started killing again.
>>
I doubt you can even compare them.

At least with Halo vs 40k they both have a good amount of lore even if halo is way more grounded in realism then 40k is.

But there's litterally only games for doomguy and those games don't have any sort of heavy backstory/lore focus on them in a way th that you can compare them.

>>339123801
>and quick reacting

And on this note, do we even know if the relative movement speed in the doom games is meant to be canon? I would guess not.

Halo feels slow because the envoirments are realistically large. You actually walk at 20mph and run at 36 mph at halo, it's not actually slow.

I would guess that in doom the movement speed relative to the envoriments isn't intended to be realistic or taken litterally. .
>>
>>339123989
So... he is immortal? Or he went to hell just for funsies?
>>
>>339123727
they literally can't kill him so they sealed him instead
>>
>>339124038
Both really.
>>
>>339124038
He died. goes to hell, fights his way out of hell rinse and repeat
>>
i thought he just went to hell after the end of doom 2. and from then until they collapsed that temple he has just been rampaging through hell.
>>
>>339124006
I'm not talking walking speed I'm talking about amount of time it takes to go from calm to fuck shit up mode
>>
>>339124038
Not immortal, he just keeps respawning in hell.
>>
dude guy was blessed with speed and might from some god or whatever. i feel like he can run for longer and lift more than halo dude.
>>
>>339122787
Doomguy kills demons for fun...I would like to see the Chief facing a cyberdemon.
>>
>>339124038
No, he's mortal.
At least in the original lore, he simply died and went to hell, accidentally landing on the Martian moon Deimos that the demon's dragged to the outer edges of hell.
The problem is: he went to hell, a place full of the dudes he was already killing. Dying wasn't much of a setback for him. It more or less just dropped him off on his enemies front lawn.
I think this is still somewhat canon in the new lore, except now he bathed in so much demonic blood during the fighting that he became more than human, to demons what demons are to regular people.
>>339124006
It really comes down to fluff versus crunch, or lore vs mechanics. Original Doomguy would beat Original Trilogy Master Chief if one used the logic from both of their games, however if ones used outside lore, then Original Trilogy Chief would beat Doomguy.
It's really hard, not to mention a waste of time, to compare the lore of one to the gameplay of the other or vice versa.

I'm honestly not sure who would win if one used Reclaimer Trilogy Master Chief and new Doomguy. They're actually very similar characters, with Doomguy dying and becoming the Holy Ghost while Master Chief is apparently becoming Space Jesus.
The only question is who will become the Holy Father.
>>
>>339122787
Doomguy stole Haloguy's outfit, but why didn't he steal his gun?
>>
>>339126156
Why would you grab a shotgun with one barrel when the one you have has two.
It would honestly be just silly.
>>
>>339126156

>Doomguy stole Haloguy's outfit

Think you've got that mixed up. Master Chief's design was a huge Doomguy ripoff in the first place.
>>
>>339126457

and doomguy was a ripoff of 40k
>>
Who cares
>>
>>339126996
and 40k was a rip off of Starship Troopers which was a rip off paratroopers which was a rip off of jumping to your death and bedsheets.
>>
>>339127275

exactly. It's silly to say something is a ripoff of another, I know I'm not the guy you are arguing with, but to say one thing is a carbon copy of another is rificulous if it is merely influenced by it. After all, how many truly original ideas are there?
>>
>>339126996

Try Aliens, jackass. Doomguy isn't even remotely like a 40k space marine.
>>
>>339127390
I had a really original idea about this space soldier guy wearing green shooting stuff
>>
>>339127510

they're both badass killing machines in armor, look at the early 80s space marines designs.

>>339127525

holy shit, get a lawyer on the phone that is some top notch IP you have right there
>>
>>339127510
>Doomguy isn't even remotely like a 40k space marine.
>mad all the time and can tear through entire armies with specially designed weaponry
>no even remotely like a 40k space marine
>>
>>339127692

He's not a genetically engineered monster man in giant bulky power armor. Original Doomguy looks like a Colonial Marine from Aliens.
>>
>>339122787
i think halo is a pretty cool guy, eh kills aleins and doesn't afraid of anything
>>
>>339125676
>while Master Chief is apparently becoming Space Jesus.

People completely misunderstood the meaning of that scene. It didn't increase his caalities in any way, nor was he a choosen one.

But ht's hard to explain if you don't into the deeper parts of halo lore.

The tl;dr of it is forerunners, being super advanced ancient ayy lmao's, could basically plant genetic time bombs and biases into a population's genetic codes.

They didn't ensure MC's specific existence or him being there at that time, they just planted a more general bias towards humanity eventually devolving advanced AI's and programs like the s2 program, and seeded a immunity to the composer's effects to be awoken eventually, which is all that happened to MC. That said, geas's CAN be very specific to indivuals and specific/places/actions, but obviously MC being born over a hundred thousand years after the foreunners set of the Halo array, wasn't affected by anythiing that specific

The fact humanity have subconcious and innate ability to use forerunner machines without being familar with them is another geas, as is some of human religon's having patterns with mother goddesses so humans would naturallu trust and feel at ease around the librarian.

http://www.halopedia.org/geas
>>
>>339128215
*it didn't increase his capabilities in any way
>>
>>339122787
No he can't, Chief is the Reclaimer along the culmination of a thousand lifetimes of planning, he will eventually take full control of the Domain and most likely become a god in the future. Especially when the Precursors return.
>>
>>339128215
See>>339128780
>>
Kratos takes them both
>>
>>339128894
>>339128780
Nah.

That's a complete misunderstanding of both halo lore and where the lore is going. 343 would also have to be litterally retarded to bring the precusors back into the picture.

>but 343 are aready retarded

No, that's shitposting memery. They've made some bad decisions but they'd literally, actually have to have an iq of 60 or be 8 years old to bring the precusors back.
>>
>>339129329
>an ancient evil awakens.
>>
>>339124006
Why can't you compare the same guy against himself?
>>
>>339124006
Halo vs 40k is also always boring because how big of an stomp it is for the space mehreen
>>
>>339129641
Bringing the didact and forerunner tech as enemies was a questionable choice, and maybe nthey pushed it a bit too far, but that's the equuilvne of accidentally having your thing in the microwave for 20 minutes instead of 10 minutes.

Wheras having the precursors be enemies in the game would be the equivalent of breaking all the gas shit in your house so all the air becomes combustible and setting napalm off in your living room.

Precusors are eldritch older then the universe reality warping elder gods, you can't have them be an enemy unless you just want to have the game flash "game over, you lose" and have the story end the moment they show up.
>>
>>339129329
I don't know Cortana right now has control of the Domain, Chief had access to it Halo 5, connecting to the Domain could be one of those other gifts the Librarian was talking about. I remember Frank O'Connor on Twitter stated that when the Librarian was talking about the culmination, she didn't plan for Master Chief to be specifically born, but planned for a Human with that particular genesong (which turned out to be Chief) to be the culmination of her planning.
>>
>>339129875
It's actually not quite that big of a stomp.

SPARTAN 2's outside of armor can punch dents into construction mech suits and shit. They'd be able to hold their own provided that the fighting context is somewhat fair.
>>
>>339123727
They sealed him because the demons are scared shitless of him.
Some started worshiping him
>>
>>339123727
Doom guy killed the King of Hell at the time, kept killing more demons because he wasn't done.
Demon priest shit themselves because they know he's coming for them too and they set up a trap for him and imprison him instead of trying to kill him.
>>
>>339122787
Yep. Because 343 made Chief into a bitch who is controlled by another ai bitch.
>>
File: 1357546226286.jpg (87 KB, 626x432) Image search: [Google]
1357546226286.jpg
87 KB, 626x432
>>339129998
The standard 40K SM weapon is literally an automatic rocket launcher
When you start adding the other shit in their arsenal it just gets silly
This is also ignoring shit like psykers
It's ok that 40 stomps on Halo though, it's meant to be that way. 40K power levels are purposefully over the top.

A more interesting question for me would be, how long would Doom Guy last in the warp
>>
>>339130983
40k weapons are shit. The bolter is inaccurate as fuck compared to conventional weapons
>>
File: 1374490998361.jpg (68 KB, 400x398) Image search: [Google]
1374490998361.jpg
68 KB, 400x398
>>339131603
If you want to play that game any weapon that isn't the spartan laser is 100% useless against SM armor and even then we don't know how powerful the SL actually is in the 40K universe
It could be lascannon strong or it could be lasgun strong
one can kill a marine the other barely melts the paint on their armor
>>
>>339130098
>Some started worshiping him

Source?
>>
>>339132774
When you go through the hell levels you see a statue of him
They got to a point where they respect/fear the hell out of him
He also got his super armor from a demon
Who here naturally shot a rocket at the icon of sin look alike's weak spot?
I freaked out when it shot a cube out and took my double shotty out and waited next to where it landed waiting for a mother fucker to spawn there
>>
>>339132976

Amazing. Waiting for a price drop to get it.
>>
>>339122787
He can, but he won't because chef's alright.
>>
>>339130983
>how long would doomguy last in the warp

How long would it take for the Warp to spit him out and tell him to never come back or it'll get a restraining order?
>>
>>339133246
>Don't talk to me or my nurglings ever again
>>
>>339130983
he would last for infinity as he would have the blessing of khorne to kill forever.
>>
>>339133246
>implying
Khorne would make Doomguy his greatest champion, it would be the greatest thing hat would ever happen to him
>>
Doom guy would skullfuck master queef to death
>>
File: 1447541129037.jpg (86 KB, 947x440) Image search: [Google]
1447541129037.jpg
86 KB, 947x440
Doomguy's weapons surpass the one's used by the UNSC
>>
File: 1452126373711.jpg (407 KB, 1904x1041) Image search: [Google]
1452126373711.jpg
407 KB, 1904x1041
>>
Doom Guy's like city level, he easily stomps.
>>
>>339133494
>>339133528
You will never play as Doom Guy, Champion of Khorne smashing your way through the Palace of Slaanesh
With Garden of Nurgle and Crystal Palace DLC
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.