[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Users discover that Poise is broken >Find a way to enable
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: DARKSOUL_facebook_mini[1].jpg (220 KB, 1200x650) Image search: [Google]
DARKSOUL_facebook_mini[1].jpg
220 KB, 1200x650
>Users discover that Poise is broken
>Find a way to enable it
>Do tons of tests and can't find any difference between when Poise is high or zero when it's disabled
>There are items in the game whose sole purpose is to increase Poise
>Developer comes out and says it's "working as intended, it just works differently now" but never clarifies what that means

This alone has kind of put me off the game. It makes the whole thing seem messy, with this vestigial stat that does nothing and items focused on it that are now pointless.

I'm not debating whether Poise should be in, but either Poise should be in or the items that rely on it to be useful shouldn't be. It's clear they made a decision during development to disable Poise, probably for PvP balance, but leaving it as-is and just basically sweeping the issue under the rug is a shitty tactic.
>>
The game has quite a number of unfinished features and areas. Wouldn't surprise me if they pulled a SofFS with it, honestly.
>>
>>339120647
i've basically accepted that big games that are released now are only complete after one or two expansions.

i played bloodborne right around when TOH came out and it was a flawless experience for me and I sort of wished I waited on dark souls 3.
>>
>>339120647
hyperarmor is a much better mechanic than poise. you casuals really need to get over yourselves
>>
>>339121502
that wasn't his argument, faglord
>>
>>339121502
then make the wolf ring boost hyperarmor instead and make armor do something maybe just decent defense. nobody in this thread said poise had to comeback just that there shouldnt be dead items referencing a non existant stat in game.
>>
>>339121502
I don't like hyperarmor.
Poise backstabs were certainly a bad thing, but I'm a PVE guy, and have died more to dogs than any boss in DS3. DeS was like this, too, only there you only met dogs in two(?) instances and they DIDN'T FUCKING TELEPORT.
>>
poise was fine is ds1 dex fags go home. i am not staying in this thread to read any shitposts in response to my serious post here.
>>
>>339121809
Heavy weapons usually have at least one comparitively fast attack, often from a roll. Failing that you can just carry around a crossbow or throwing knives, or offhand a smaller weapon to knock them over. Dogs have always been cunts in these games.
>>
>>339121502

Did you read my post at all? I'm not arguing for Poise's inclusion, I'm saying that the half-assed way they've handled its removal is shitty.

Either they need to enable the feature or remove items that use the stat. Or, you know, explain how it "works differently."
>>
>>339120647
It just does something different you fucking retard. it effects how many iframes you retain after rolling away after an attack
>>
>>339122497
Wasn't this proven wrong
>>
>>339122497

From what I've read, tests have shown that high Poise and no Poise makes no difference on dodge mechanics.

The early thought was that it had some impact on Hyper Armor but this was proven false.
>>
>>339122619
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5SIx5_WHOI&feature=youtu.be&list=PLYZhYRHkOZobqi_6ozqPZSzUSU9sVoP2f
pretty sure whatever you read is wrong
>>
>>339120647
Some interesting poise mechanic tests in 3 with dev tools and something unsuspected... the only emote that boosts it, which shows that it was actually a thought at one point
https://cdn.streamable.com/video/mp4/gtci.mp4
https://cdn.streamable.com/video/mp4/jefv.mp4
>>
>>339121809
If u die to dogs maybe ur just shit
>>
>>339122915
>Perseverance stacked with poise turned on making successful attacks bounce off as if they've been blocked
Yeah thank god they decided against that.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.