[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So it's just space Minecraft with even less to do?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 11
File: no_mans_sky.jpg (382 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
no_mans_sky.jpg
382 KB, 1024x682
So it's just space Minecraft with even less to do?
>>
>>339117041
A lot less. Minecraft at least has unprecedented control to build whatever you desire, with heavy mod support. NMS is literally just Spore, with the worst shooting and gameplay design of all time. Boring, procedural garbage.
>>
>>339117041
So it's just another No Man's Sky shitposting thread with even less of an argument?
>>
>>339117161
What exactly have they revealed about the space combat?

I know they mentioned "crafting" things for your ship.

Everything they show is just landing on planets. But, I'm actually more interested in what you do in SPACE in this SPACE game.
>>
File: 1452193526872.jpg (56 KB, 722x349) Image search: [Google]
1452193526872.jpg
56 KB, 722x349
> A game with a universe bigger than our own
> SO IT HAS NOTHING TO DO RITE GUYS
I want this meme to stop.
>>
>>339117320

Doesn't matter how big the game world is when all you can do is walk around and shoot things.
>>
>>339117445
And craft and mine and missions and exploration and dogfights and space piracy and war and environment alteration.

>simplifying something to basics then attacking the simplification

Pretty sure this is a logical fallacy. You can do it with literally any game.

>Souls series all you do is roll around and attack things
>CoD all you do is run around shooting things

Stop this.
>>
>>339117445
>he's never enjoyed a sandbox game before

Let me guess, you prefer a narrative being spoon fed to you?
>>
>delayed until August
LMAO'ing @ ur lyfe
>>
space minecraft sounds pretty good
>>
>>339117041
Yes, yes it is.
I think it's funny that people are still asking this question. They've done such a horrible job advertising their own game. It's 100% hype and it's going to end up being 99% disappointment thanks to the way they've promised the moon and more.
>>
>>339117740

Have you actually SEEN these things in action?

Mining is just shooting rocks.
Crafting is just using a menu to combine things you get from shooting rocks
Exploration is walking around and looking at things you can do nothing to interact with
Dogfights are the same boring shooting mechanics in space
Space piracy is the same as mining with a target that shoots back

Literally everything in this game is walking/flying around and shooting with the most bare bones shooting mechanics imaginable.
>>
>>339117949

>They've done such a horrible job advertising their own game

They've done a great job, they've taken something that's barely a game and convinced so many people it's something special based off one gimmick.
>>
>>339118201
>bashes anon for not having proof of what he's talking about
>proceeds to make assumptions of what the game plays like

Just wait for it to come out or have more game play released ffs, it literally just got delayed.
>>
>>339118201
you could reduce any game down to 'it's just clicking a button'

your critique is bad
>>
>>339118201
>Dogfights are the same boring shooting mechanics in space
What have they shown about the dogfights?
>>
>>339117740
>>CoD all you do is run around shooting things
Well... yeah?
>>
File: 20160525175908_1.jpg (164 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
20160525175908_1.jpg
164 KB, 1366x768
>>339117865
Empyrion is basically the exact opposite of No man's sky, pvp, lots of crafting mod spport'
>>
>>339118424

Literally watch any gameplay on Youtube.

There's a reason the game's release is a little over two months away and they're showing as little as possible.

>>339118491

But that's not remotely what I'm doing.

You can walk
You can jump
You can shoot some things
You can fly a ship and shoot

This is literally all the gameplay there is.
>>
>>339119072
Maybe if you consider youtube videos legit gameplay.
>>
>>339119072
Alls they've shown is the exploration, the way uploading findings works, and a few tiny tidbits of combat, it's not possibly enough to judge the game on.

And maybe that's why they delayed it? Why the fuck are so many people on /v/ so eager for this game to fail?
>>
https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/no-mans-sky-ps4/
>>
>>339119072
>>339117740
>>
>>339118986
is there an active community?
>>
>>339119429
I was just in a pvp area and didn't see anyone but I think I started my game in solo mode so I might have to start over to do the pvp not sure.
>>
Game won't be coming out this year, I guarantee it.
>>
>>339119297
Because it's an 20-30$ indie game that Sony decided to charge 60$ for. I know the actual devs had their heart in the right place but Sony fucked them up.
It can make a bad precedence where indie douches now feel entitled to 60$ price tags.
>>
Spore of the Minecraft genre confirmed?
>>
File: big-lebowski-walter-pulls-gun.jpg (45 KB, 656x600) Image search: [Google]
big-lebowski-walter-pulls-gun.jpg
45 KB, 656x600
They’re just going to delay it again… and again… and again.

Sometimes I feel like Sony made this game to lead us down a breadcrumb trail of hype just to get more PS4 sales. It just feels gimmicky at this point and i’ve lost interest with Sean Murray’s hype machine. They’re going to push it back from August because Sony will say there’s more money to be made in the 4th quarter.

I'm fucking done with this game.
>>
>>339119687
Stop pretending to be a fucking authority on /v/. You have no idea whether the game is going to be worth it or not. Shit posting about games with little to no game play is just stupid.
>>
>>339117320
WOW A WHOLE UNIVERSE AND NOTHING TO DO IN IT
GOAT RIGHT HEAR
inb4 HURR use your imagination HURRR YOU can DO ANYTHING HURR
>>
>>339119274

>Artificial gameplay

>>339119297

They've shown the combat, you walk, you shoot, flying robot balls come at you until you either die or get away.

That's it.

>>339119375

>>339117740 is utterly fucking retarded.

You CAN say Souls is just rolling around attacking things, doesn't mean it's true.
Souls is about creating a character build of your choosing, navigating levels/worlds designed to present challenges, using the various weapon's attacks to best deal with enemies in which you have to learn best deal with their attack patterns.

Instead of insisting on your shitty strawman, how about you actually explain how I'm wrong? Tell me about all this deep gameplay available in No Man's Sky.
>>
>>339120062
>They've shown the combat, you walk, you shoot, flying robot balls come at you until you either die or get away.
>You CAN say Souls is just rolling around attacking things, doesn't mean it's true.

You are just so fucking stupid I'm not even going to bother.
>>
>>339120062
>>Artificial gameplay
Yes?
>>
>>339120293

I explained how it's not true about Souls.

You can't explain how it's not true about No Man's Sky.

>Y-y-y-you big stupid head!

Get out, shill.
>>
>>339120332

Do you think they're making the gameplay look shit on purpose or something?
>>
i don't see this game having a big longevity. the game sounds boring.

it's just explore planets until you move onto another game.
>>
>>339117320
I mean there's 252,088 miles (405,696 km) between the Earth and the Moon, but that don't mean it's fun to travel there or a lot to see besides space rocks, stars, and starring into the void knowing you can't jerk it because you'll waste precious fluids.

From what I've seen it's like a carnival with only tea cup rides, but sometimes you throw stuff or the cups are different colors or there's gum left and some stains and writings left over from the carnies.
>>
>>339120518
Because any game can be boiled down to "point and shoot" you special person. Some of the most enjoyable experiences can be broken down into simplistic descriptions like that, if you want to shit post about them. The truth is you have no idea if the game's going to be good or not.
>>
>>339120614
No, I didn't say or even imply that.
>>
>>339117775
Sandboxes get boring without some goal. Exploring pink sea planet after coming from light-ish red sea planet isn't gonna be fun when the game downgrades because of console limitations and when you realize that your character is probably autistic for not bringing a fuck buddy.
>>
>>339120818

>Because any game can be boiled down to "point and shoot"

How retarded can you be?

I made it explicitly clear that you can refute oversimplifications about a good game, WHICH I DID.

Yet here we are, you're still replying to me and have still yet to explain how I'm wrong about the gameplay in No Man's Sky.
>>
>>339121009
>Sandboxes get boring without some goal

Explain this to the Elite Dangerous faggots
>>
>>339117041
No you see
It will take a billion years to explore
because it will take that long to release
>>
>>339117775

This isn't a sandbox, this is you in the middle of a never-ending desert where all you can do is shoot cacti.
>>
>>339121240
>bases all of his opinions off of a few clips of game play
>over simplifies what little game play there is to make it sound shitty

Game doesn't look that bad to me and obviously I'm not the only one who feels that way. Why would I try to explain anything you you? You're judging a game with barely any game play like you've played it before; who's the retard?
>>
>>339121512

If I'm over simplifying it you should be able to explain the reasons why I'm oversimplifying it.

You can't.

You are a retard.
>>
>>339121659
>spoonfeed me my motivations so I can tell you you're wrong no matter what you say
>>
>>339121240
I bet you backed Star Citizen, right?

Is the game still p2w?
>>
>>339121252
>Explain this to the Elite Dangerous faggots
No, don't try to do this. The people on those forums/reddit comprise one of the most deluded fanbases I have ever seen.
>>
>>339121240
You've already been told how you're wrong, but ignore it like an autistic faggot.

>Souls is about creating a character build of your choosing
No Man's Sky is about creating a character build of your choosing
>navigating levels/worlds designed to present challenges
Navigating world's designed to present challenges
>using the various weapon's attacks to best deal with enemies in which you have to learn best deal with their attack patterns
Using the various ammo types to best deal with enemies or terrain in which you have to learn how to best deal with their attack patterns, or blocked off formations
You can also mine for resources which let you upgrade your weapon's damage and ammo types, your suit's survivability in differing environmental conditions, your ships speed, weapons, armor and abilities which can be used to explore, or fight. Space piracy, faction wars, space terrorism. Not to mention the NPC factions who you can trade with, kill or protect, or take missions from.

Happy now, faggotcunt?
>>
>>339121659
>>>339120818

We're starting to go in circles here now.
>>
>>339121927

>No Man's Sky is about creating a character build of your choosing

No, it's not.

There are no builds.

You are a man with a gun.

>Navigating world's designed to present challenges

There is no challenge in walking around an open world.

>Using the various ammo types to best deal with enemies or terrain

You use more powerful ammo to shoot harder rocks.

That's the extent of it.

>You can also mine for resources

You shoot rocks to drop materials that up your linear stats.

You are literally just recycling what I said about Dark Souls and adding WORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDS to what I said here >>339118201
>>
>>339117445
>you can't do any of the things I like to do in games. it's gonna be shit
Then don't play it. I can see myself easily spending a thousand hours on this just looking at different planets. Even if this game is a disappointment it still looks like it is going to be a blast.
>>
>>339122491
>there are no builds
Why there certainly are. You can have a gun with specific ammo type A and a suit with specific shielding type D and a ship with specific modification types C, B and E, or literally any other combination

Pretty sure that's what a "build" IS.

>there is no challenge to walking around an open world
Unless you're slowly dying from the subzero temperatures while being chased by sentries and a giant abominable snow beast. Do you think the planets are barren of life? There's animals and enemies too, just like on your Souls maps.

>you use more powerful ammo to shoot harder rocks
Ummm....
>you use more powerful weapons to kill harder enemies in Souls, that's the extent of it
Literally not an argument.

>you shoot rocks to drop materials that up your linear stats

Again

>you attack enemies to drop resources so you can buy items that up your linear stats

Literally the same thing, different methods.

I like how you ignore everything else, too.

>BUT CRAFTING IS JUST COMBINING MATERIALS IN A MENU HURRR

You mean like literally every game that involves crafting? MMOs? Minecraft? Hit things->drops mats->combine the required mats in a window->press button->wait->get crafted item.

Wow holy shit you're grasping.
>>
>>339123078

The problem isn't that it doesn't do things I like, it's that it hardly does anything at all.

If that's what you want from a game then go for it, as long as you aren't trying to pretend the game has any complexity.
>>
>>339123541
No, it really is because the game does that have the number stacking system of your choice.

Lemme break it down for you. EVERY SINGLE video game has a goal. Wanna know what it is? It's the same goal, you know. The goal is to stack the highest amount of numbers. That's it.

Every game is a number stacker and your goal is to stack the most. Whether those numbers are scores, or resources, or kills, or achievements, or whatever.

So when you say you can't do much of anything in this game, what you're really saying is the method of stacking numbers in this game isn't the method you enjoy. Because theres plenty to do in the game. It's got as much content as minecraft, if not more. Do you spend all day mining and stacking blocks though? No? Because maybe your favorite number stacking method is to play a multiplayer FPS like CS:GO and stack kills. It doesn't matter.

Now kindly fuck off.
>>
>>339117041
Think Minecraft with none of the things that make it good. Then add everything that makes indie games bad and you have this piece of shit.
>>
>>339123541
Seems to me like the only people that are trying to pretend this game has any complexity are the ones that are saying it doesn't have any. The people who are legitimately excited for it are probably just fine with a barebones space exploration game with desolate planets to explore. Anyone who is expecting this to be an action packed game with exciting combat is setting themselves up for disappointment because that is clearly not what this game is even trying to be about. It's a universe generator, and that's exactly what I want from it. All of the shooting and crafting is just a bonus that I couldn't care any less about.
>>
>>339124064
This. It seems to take a minimalist approach; attempting to do one thing (exploration) well, while games like Elite: Dangerous try to do everything (and more-or-less fail). I think NMS will be all right for what it is.
>>
File: 1462507297349.png (83 KB, 307x383) Image search: [Google]
1462507297349.png
83 KB, 307x383
>>339124014
>Because theres plenty to do in the game
There really isn't but you are far too stupid to understand this judging by that /v/ level analogy.
>>
>>339123381

>Why there certainly are. You can have a gun with specific ammo type A and a suit with specific shielding type D and a ship with specific modification types C, B and E, or literally any other combination

>Pretty sure that's what a "build" IS.

This is arbitrary equipment types.

Not a build.

>Unless you're slowly dying from the subzero temperatures while being chased by sentries and a giant abominable snow beast.

Again, adding WORDS to what amounts to shooting things.

>There's animals and enemies too, just like on your Souls maps.

The difference is in Souls they're placed around a crafted map to present challenges to overcome, No Man's Sky is is just there because the generating procedure put them there.

>you use more powerful weapons to kill harder enemies in Souls, that's the extent of it

You don't know shit, every weapon's effectiveness is dependent on builds and how you make best use of your attacks.

>you attack enemies to drop resources so you can buy items that up your linear stats

The stats aren't linear, they branch off into different types.

>You mean like literally every game that involves crafting?

No.

In a game like Atelier the crafting system rewards exploration and experimentation, No Man's Sky, Minecraft, WoW etc have the lowest form of crafting, just collecting a set number of items.
>>
Wow you guys are so knowledgeable about this game's shortcomings! Where'd you all get to play it for such a long time to form such an opinion on the game?
>>
>>339117161
>with the worst shooting and gameplay design of all time.

Did the game come out already or something?
>>
File: 1461987326025.png (5 KB, 196x222) Image search: [Google]
1461987326025.png
5 KB, 196x222
>>339124541
Its called listening to the developers and seeing footage of the game in action. Do you seriously not know by now what happens when game devs leave most of the games content to algorithms?
>>
>>339124014

>The goal is to stack the highest amount of numbers

Okay...

While that's true, it doesn't mean there isn't an objective and measurable way to measure the amount of ways to stack numbers and the amount of numbers to stack.

e.g. Pong vs Diablo.
>>
So which is worse - No Man's Sky or Star Citizen?
>>
>>339117041
Everyone I know is super stoked about this game. And this is the question that I keep bringing up.

Yes 8 quintillion unique worlds and seamless space travel sounds rad, but what do you do with that? What do you work towards? Is there a goal?
>>
Vaporware
>>
>>339124878
I believe the goal is to get to the center of the galaxy.
>>
>>339124878

>millennial babbies get confused with no cinematic storytelling
>>
>>339124878
To get to the center of the universe. As you get closer, the planet's atmosphere's and flora/fanua get more hostile, so you need increasingly better eqiupment, which you get via crafting with resoures you obtain either by mining, trading with other factions, or stealing them via piracy.
>>
>>339117041
It's not minecraft at all. You can't even build anything.

there's nothing to do in this stupid game
>>
>>339124372
>arbitrary
You don't know what this word means. Each type of equipment has a meaning and purpose.

Also, any system that lets you customize stats is a "build" system. It's called min-maxing and if you can min-max a character in a game, you can make builds that fill specific roles.

>adding WORDS to what amounts to shooting things
Again, this is you simplifying systems which literally are more complex than shooting things, into "just shooting", then criticizing it. Logical fallacy. I could say Souls combat just amounts to attacking things, doesn't mean that's all there is, despite you wanting it to mean that.

>the difference is someone artificially designed it to be difficult

Haha okay and that's somehow better than randomized difficulty?

>You don't know shit, every weapon's effectiveness is dependent on builds and how you make best use of your attacks.

Sure if you're an RP fag. I've beaten Demon's Souls, DAS and Das2, you don't need to do any of that shit to win. You can literally memorize a track patterns, roll to avoid, and backstab to win on almost every enemy except bosses, which are literally just Wow-esque dungeons where you memorize moves in a big room, and wait for timing to avoid then attack. Yawn.

>the stats branch off into different types

Even if NMS's stats don't, so what?

Please explain how Atelier's crafting isn't also boiled down to combining mats in a window to get an item.
>>
>>339124878
No. There is no goal. It's a game about exploring an alien world that nobody has ever explored before. That's why there is so many planets, so that players can always see something new. The developers made the parameters for the randomly generated fauna and even they are surprised to see giant fish or squid like beings at depths they didnt think life would be at.
>>
Honestly, this game would be a gorillion times better if it was online.

Seems kinda boring if you're just walking around empty planets with the same animals all day.
>>
>>339124841
at this rate Star Citizen will release before No Game sky
>>
>>339125150
they're really losing a lot by making the game single player only
>>
>>339124878

It's the Minecraft appeal, kids don't like to be challenged, they like to play with digital action figures.
>>
>>339124301
K, retard. Keep pretending crafting, exploration, combat, missions and terrain alteration are nothing.

But running around Nuke with an AK-47 clicking the mouse to kill players over and over and over is a game with stuff to do.

Yeah great, one fucking thing to do, vs a shit ton.
>>
>>339124878
>kid hasn't dumped dozens of hours in se
>>
>>339124823
That's the point though. You're really gonna shit all over one method of number stacking just because it's not your favorite? They're both the same fucking thing, how can you accept one and deny the other when they're the same thing?

You can't, which is why "hurr nothing to do" arguments are retarded.
>>
>>339124996
nice buzzword retard
>>
>>339125234
>>339125150
Sean has repeatedly said he's making the game as his dream game he would want as a kid and expects it to be a fairly niche title.

It's just that after it got so much popular press sony jumped in and has shilled it to hell and back, that was never the dev's actual intention for it to be this giant hyped title.
>>
>>339125150
>>339125234
except there's multiplayer, you ignorant REtards

the universe is so big, dev says, that it'll be hard to come by players (but they are out there)
>>
>>339125267
I like how you assume I play online FPS games when this clusterfuck of stupid ideas is closer to an FPS than anything else.
>>
>>339124995
>the goal
That's a goal. There is no actual goal to this game. It's a space travel simulator.
>>
>>339125420
>Sean has repeatedly said he's making the game as his dream game he would want as a kid
That explains everything.
>>
>>339125424
As somebody actually looking foward to the game and who has followed it closely, they haven't explicitly said if it will be possible to meet up if you go to the same location.

They'd keep avoiding a straight answer.

>>339125454
How is that not /the/ goal?
>>
>>339125420

I can respect that.

>>339125424

No need to be a dick. I'm going just by the Steam page which only lists Single Player. That's good, then.
>>
>>339125537
Yes they literally have you ignorant fuck.
>Buying into the /v/ memes
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2014/12/10/stop-thinking-of-no-man-s-sky-as-a-multiplayer-game.aspx
>>
>>339125568
he is lying
>>
File: Starbound.jpg (36 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
Starbound.jpg
36 KB, 460x215
>>339117041
No. Its Starbound 3D.
>>
>>339125434
Not assuming anything, just giving an example. It doesn't matter what games you play, not a single one is as many magnitudes more complex than NMS like you want to pretend.
>>
I'm looking forward to this game, I'm going to enjoy it and there is nothing any of you can do or say to stop me
>>
>>339125537
The center of the universe will probably end up being nothing. I imagine it will just end up being some sort of beacon for everyone to follow and eventually will be where a huge clump of player inhabited planets are and people who want to mess around with other players can head there and start some sort of space community or something.
>>
>>339125081

>Each type of equipment has a meaning and purpose

Arbitrary assigned to trick you into believing the game isn't just bare bones shooting mechanics.

No Man's Sky has no builds, it's like a baby putting shapes into the correct hole.

>Again, this is you simplifying systems which literally are more complex than shooting things, into "just shooting", then criticizing it. Logical fallacy. I could say Souls combat just amounts to attacking things, doesn't mean that's all there is, despite you wanting it to mean that.

You turned 'walking in the cold while enemies follow you' into "you're slowly dying from the subzero temperatures while being chased by sentries and a giant abominable snow beast"

>Haha okay and that's somehow better than randomized difficulty?

The difficulty isn't randomized in No Man's Sky, they put things there because the algorithm put the there, you aren't being presented a challenge to overcome, you're being presented just the enemies.

>You can literally memorize a track patterns, roll to avoid, and backstab to win on almost every enemy except bosses, which are literally just Wow-esque dungeons where you memorize moves in a big room, and wait for timing to avoid then attack

Which is way more than can be said for No Man's Sky.

>Even if NMS's stats don't, so what?

It's bare bones shit like the rest of the game.

>Please explain how Atelier's crafting isn't also boiled down to combining mats in a window to get an item.

"crafting system rewards exploration and experimentation" is already as boiled down as it gets for Atelier.
>>
File: 1464222507354.jpg (57 KB, 960x949) Image search: [Google]
1464222507354.jpg
57 KB, 960x949
>>339126124

It's the portal to NG+
>>
>>339125383

>That's the point though

You say that but then the very next sentence ignores my post completely.

This isn't about the method
This is about the number and complexity of the methods.
>>
WTF? This game looks like shit! I can't be a monkey or a sexy anime girl? Walking sim confirmed! I'd rather play Overwatch!!
>>
>>339126227
Are you guys seriously comparing NMS to Dark Souls? Are you forgetting the randomized chalice dungeons in Bloodborne?
>>
>>339126665
Just leave them be. This game isn't for either of them. They'll wear themselves out or start ERPing eventually.
>>
>>339117320
Go play Elder scroll series: Daggerfall without quick transport and you will quickly understand.
>>
>>339126227
>Arbitrary assigned to trick you into believing the game isn't just bare bones shooting mechanics.
>No Man's Sky has no builds, it's like a baby putting shapes into the correct hole.

Lol put min-maxing builds in as much of an infantile light as you'd like. Doesn't mean it's not a min-maxing build system.

Also, it's not arbitrarily* assigned top kek.

>You turned 'walking in the cold while enemies follow you' into "you're slowly dying from the subzero temperatures while being chased by sentries and a giant abominable snow beast"

Both of those say literally the same thing. Your argument was that theres nothing difficult about walking around an open map, to which I stated it's not an open map, you're taking damage from environments if you're not careful, and there are enemies to fight, which is literally difficulty, regardless of the amount of difficulty.

>it's not randomized in NMS, there's just a randomization algorithm that randomly sets things in a procedural universe

Lol okay, tard. Because being presented enemies in Dark Souls is a challenge, but being presented enemies in *this* game is just being presented enemies. Jesus do you even read what you type before you post it?

>which is more than can be said for NMS
Thank god, I'd rather not have to memorize boring attack patterns.

>it's bare bones shit like the rest of the game

You can call it barebones, but just because it's not something that interests you, doesn't mean it's bad.

We're all fine with what the game is offering. Why not just go elsewhere if you feel it's basic?

You're not elaborating at all on how that crafting system works, which I assume still works by combining mats in a window to get an item.
>>
No Man's Sky is just Spore for newfags.
>>
>>339117320
Why can you not logically conclude that it's impossible to fill a game world supposedly bigger than our own universe with meaningful content?
>>
>>339126406
No, it's not. Number of methods and their complexity is irrelevant when the outcome is still the same.

Your argument is like saying a really complex maze map is better than a simple A to B to C type of map, when the reward at the end is the same for both. No, spending more time and effort for the same reward is not better.
>>
>>339126907

>Lol put min-maxing builds in as much of an infantile light as you'd like. Doesn't mean it's not a min-maxing build system.

Min-maxing doesn't mean matching pegs to the right holes.

>it's not an open map

It's the most open map in the history of video games.

>but being presented enemies in *this* game is just being presented enemies

No Man's Sky doesn't present you with enemies.

Enemies are placed on an open map. You don't have to fight anything.

>Thank god, I'd rather not have to memorize boring attack patterns.

Wouldn't want this to actually be a game.

>You can call it barebones, but just because it's not something that interests you

I call it bare bones because it is bare bones.

In Atelier the crafting takes into account the quality of the items that determines effectiveness and the crafting itself is based on logical desisions and learning recipes, ot just finding X, Y & Z because that's what the game tells you to do.

>which I assume still works by combining mats in a window to get an item

So you're actively trying to oversimplify something in spite of all he accusation of me doing so.

You are retarded.
>>
>>339127230

No.

Number of methods and their complexity is very relevant or every game would be Pong.
>>
File: 1443809419923.png (210 KB, 376x451) Image search: [Google]
1443809419923.png
210 KB, 376x451
>Sony successfully convinced people an indie game riding on one gimmick is worth full retail price

At least Minecraft didn't pretend it was anything more than it was.
>>
>>339127650
No, min-maxing doesn't mean matching pegs to holes, it means matching stats to actions that will help or hinder, which is what you can do in NMS.

>it's the most open map in the history of video games
I'm not sure anymore what you mean by an open map. At first you made it sound like an open map is a map where you can go anywhere but there are no challenges to overcome. Now it seems like you're just meaning an open game world with no invisible barriers blocking you from going somewhere. Which is it? Also, neither are a bad thing.

>NMS doesn't present you with enemies they're just placed on a map
Just like in every game with enemies. I dunno what you're implying "presenting" means. No, you don't have to fight, but you probably won't get far or really anywhere if you don't fight, just like Souls.

>wouldn't want this to actually be a game
Yeah because it's not like you've referred to it as a game already multiple times. Oh and let's just pretend you need to memorize attack patterns for it to be considered a game.

>I call it what I believe it is because that's what I want to believe it is
Yeah and I can call the moon a square if I believe it is, but that doesn't make it so.

>takes into account the quality of items, based on recipies (which are literally lists of x, y, and z materials the game tells you to have)

Yes I'm arguing with YOUR way of arguing to show you how stupid you are, but it's not working. I'm over simplifying the crafting system to make it sound barebones and attacking that, just like you're doing, but somehow you fail to see that you need to stop this.
>>
>>339128212
>retards still think Sony is making this game
>>
>>339128245
Both of you go kill yourselves.
>>
>>339127845
That is the argument, dude. You shouldn't oversimplify because if you do, every game can be oversimplified and then every game is just Pong.
>>
Fuck you i am gonna invade the shit out of the planets and let be chased by the space police and have an space dogfight
>>
i want this to be great but i have been hurt too many times b4
>>
>>339128245

Min-maxing

"The art, much beloved of munchkins, of optimizing a character's abilities during creation by maximizing the most important skills and attributes, while minimizing the cost. This is done by strategic decrease of stats believed to be less important in game (called "Dump Stats"), exploiting hideously overpowered but legal combinations of the Game System, obtaining the best toys and magic weapons accessible to a character, or by stacking flaws and handicaps until your character's Backstory looks like a Joss Whedon character's resume."

This is not just equipping the right shit like NMS.

>Just like in every game with enemies. I dunno what you're implying "presenting" means. No, you don't have to fight, but you probably won't get far or really anywhere if you don't fight, just like Souls.

Let me make this simple for you.

Souls cannot be beaten without killing enemis, in fact you can barely get a few minutes in..

In NMS you can literally get to the center of the universe by trading in space.

>Yeah because it's not like you've referred to it as a game already multiple times. Oh and let's just pretend you need to memorize attack patterns for it to be considered a game.

It' called hyperbole, retard.

You are being presented with the opportunity to fight enemies, but it doesn't even matter to the game.

>Yes I'm arguing with YOUR way of arguing to show you how stupid you are

Nope, you made a retarded mistake in your desperation to critique a game you know nothing about.
>>
>>339117041

Yes its an open world RNG game, where everything is going to be the same and no anti-cheat for online, meaning people can claim all the planets before you.
>>
>>339128412

I'm going to assume you're high, because in one post you say "complexity is irrelevant when the outcome is still the same" and now you say "You shouldn't oversimplify".
>>
Fuck this game and fuck all it's delays. What are they even delaying it for, it's still going to be what OP said. Minecraft without building and nothing to do after a couple hours.
>>
>>339128868
>He thinks getting to the center of the universe means he beat the game
>>
>>339129327
>What are they even delaying it for
PS4.5 support.
>>
>>339129365
That seems to be what a developer thinks. They don't even try to imply there's anything to do after that. They've been saying once you get to the center, you're done and they're ok with that.
>>
>>339129327
Then don't play it. This isn't a AAA release that is trying to pander to every demographic. It's a game made by a small development group that is trying to make a game they want to play.
>>
>>339129365

No I don't.

Bu like the developers themselves say, you can get to the center and continue playing, but you're not going to have much else to do than just look at or shoot shit.
>>
>>339129485
Sean Murray has OCD and can't take any criticism. I'll eat my hat if this game is released by Christmas.
>>
>>339129505
That is because they don't give a shit what you do in the game. There aren't set goals. You do whatever the fuck you want. It's a huge universe for you to fuck around in. It is never specifically said that the center of the universe is the set goal. Getting there is just a thing you can do.
>>
>>339129648
I really want to play and enjoy it. I've been waiting for a great space-based game for a long time. But I've had a bad feeling about it since I first heard about it, and all the videos they've released just made more suspicious. I was going to get it on it's June release, I even scheduled some vacation time, but having to wait until August now, I will probably completely lose interest by then.
>>
More like No Man's Shill.

Good thread lads.
>>
>>339128868
>implying there won't be dump stats in NMS

>implying you beat the game by getting to the center

>implying optional combat isn't 100x better than forced combat

>implying I'm critiquing a game and not your shitty arguments

Souls isn't simple or bad, just not my cup'o'tea.

NMS isn't yours. That's it.
>>
>>339117161

Of course it's going to have issues and with less to do at first than any other game that has been out for years. you literally described every fucking new release.
>>
File: 1241393838297.jpg (37 KB, 346x229) Image search: [Google]
1241393838297.jpg
37 KB, 346x229
What a surprise
>>
I am literally only playing this because its going to have VR support.
>>
>>339130861
You're kidding right? What you said made no sense. Are you a shill?
Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.